Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Share | 

Chance at the Majors IC

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:16 am

K1 wrote:
So, Miss...?

"Yes sir?" She blinks. "Um. I think that sound came from those earth spirits. They appeared very quickly and formed from the ground. That made a weird sound." She put a hand on his forearm. "I'm just glad it's over. I get a lot of attention sometimes." She shrugs with all four arms to emphasize. "I would really... what is the word... appreciate, if I do not get any more attention." She looked at him with big elven doe eyes. "Please?"

thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1442
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:19 pm

The KE patrolman takes another few minutes trying to make sure he "records" everything she has to say. Asking her to repeat some parts until she interrupts him with her request to not be bothered by anyone again.

Sure thing Miss, I really do need your name for the report, I can stay right here and make sure that no one bothers you any more. It will be my pleasure to watch over you. He says with a big grin.

Trix
Spoken on comlink in appropriate color
Thoughts in appropriate color
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:34 pm

"Oh I can not hope for you to neglect your duties just to make me feel good." Siona said. And she thought: Silly human, would you guard the pavillon for me? I guess not.

"Thank you very much sir. You are a real protector. You have done so much already. I do not want you to get into trouble. I feel much safer already." She winked. "If you give me your com number though, I might call you sometimes and we go out for a soycaf or something. Ok?"

thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:47 am

Siona:
The Badge sputters a bit as he sends her his comm address. Sure, Yeah, anytime! I uh, guess you'll be alright now. I should... uh... go check, check on my partner. He'd be lost without me, the rookie.

With a few backward's glances and a couple of waves goodbye, the cop finally walks out of sight.

Teckster:
The old wino stops chanting just before Teckster's Watcher Spirit informs him that the it can now track the man's signal. It reports that the old man is not active on the astral.

The old man speaks up at about the same time. Well, tha' was close! Jus' imagine how bad tha' could'a gone? Whoo! You folks need ta be a bit more careful!

With that he stands up slowly and stretches his back, arms and legs. Well, best o- luck to ya. Try not to muss up my Park too much while yer 'er, right? He picks up a little sack and hops down out of the planter box on the west side and starts wandering into the park. Teckster sees him stop to pick up bits of trash and readjust the cans, pluck bent branches and such.

While watching the old man, Teckster also notices several lawn service drones watering and pruning the park.

Trix
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:58 am

Siona waves the cop goodbye with a smile. She had indeed noticed the little beagle and now turned to it. "And who are you, little fellow?"

Out of a hunch, she risked a momentary glance onto the astral, looking at the little dog.

Assensing roll on the beagle. Int4+Assensing1+special(aura reading)1=7d (7d6. hits(5)=1) (1 hit. Must have been a really quick glance indeed.)

thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:11 am

He seems like a healthy, mundane beagle.

Trix
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:07 pm

After the cop vanished behind one of the hedges, Siona sat down on a nearby bench and wiped off figurative sweat. "Ok, the cops are gone. Are you others still there?" She asked through her throat microphone.

The four armed elf girl felt proud. She had resolved the situation all by herself. Although she had heard the others on the group channel. So she had known support wasn't far. Only five minutes in and we almost blew up. But I managed!

thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Number of posts : 612
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Night Fist
Race: Ork
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:17 pm

With the wino giving his congrats to the group Teckster bows to the Wino in acknowledgement. Then hearing over the comm that Raen dealt with the cops. Good job on the cops glade this didn't turn into how long can you keep the cops from geeking you run. We should move back into the over watch of the building again. Oh Joker wait a minute or two then head on back. With that said he tells his watcher that was watching the wino mage to do a patrol of the building like the other watcher at 1 meter out from the hedge but looking for astral on lookers. With his command given his watcher starts it's patrol of the building. So Smoken D time to get back to the over watch I'll take my wall you enjoy your observing. Teckster walks back to his tree he was at before and smokes his hand rolled tobacco on the walk back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2012-05-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:18 pm

Great Ghu! She did it! Gold star Raén, well done. He allows himself a small smile as he checks the feeds again, making sure nobody was coming for the pavilion. Joker, I think your clean and clear.

Third Language
Matrix / comms / subvocal In color of language used.

In God we fear and Dog we love.
If you wish to experience peace, provide peace to another.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Priest Sarah Gaven
Race: ork
Sex: female

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:03 am

Joker had taken the long walk after the brief stand off with the elementals. They had only been summoned to protect, same as Joker, and he could only surmise that some form of signal had passed between them, especially considering he was still alive. Three Elementals!?! Connor didn't have the foggiest clue how to even hurt one of them, let alone kill'em, so luck happened to befall him this day. Of course, the whole damn thing could have been avoided had shiva lady held back a tad on the slap patches and at least let Connor try to talk to the man. Then again, he had a perfect field test of the Rugers, the hidden arm slides, and the mission was only 1/4 of the way done. He choose to rest on those laurels as he reloaded the rugers 1st 2 rounds with stick and shock, and the rest with the ex-explosive rounds. He was willing to give anyone a fair chance to redeem themselves, those shock rounds hurt like hell, after that though...

scawire wrote:
Oh Joker wait a minute or two then head on back.

"Copy that... be back out shortly." After he had finished up swapping out ammo, Joker had exited the van and headed back to his post, high lighting the photos he had taken of everyone that had come to the meeting, and the mobster that had ran, he had spun off an email

--
To: Uncle M.

Attachments: Pictures

I managed to get plenty of pictures of some rather interesting types o' folks, our types of interesting. One in particular tried to crash our job, he seemed a little pissed at me, Let me know how home is going.
--

With everything all tidy'd up again, Joker gave his coat a quick dusting and resumed his post, watching and waiting. "So, how are we deciding who buys the second round after this is over?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:30 pm

Cat:
Cat's shoulders relaxed as she eased herself back down from the edge of the roof again as the Badge walked away all dreamy eyed.

Whoo! That was close! If I had opened fire on the those two patrolmen, the mission might have been blown! She was trying her hardest to stay calm and keep her head down as she loosened the grip on the stalk of her rifle.

Smoken D:
As Smoken D starts to walk back to his post, he steps on a small rock which causes him to stumble into Teckster. Steadying himself, he continues back to his bench.

Trix
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:39 pm

Let's worry about bar tabs later, but first rounds on you Joker. Giving the park another hard look before pulling out his e-paper and settling back onto the bench, pretending to read another technical magazine and smoke. In AR he adjusts the one drone in the whino's spot, climbing the bushes for a better angle of view before scanning the other feeds. And let's hope for a boring... what, 45 minutes.

Third Language

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:16 am

A few minutes after Joker had returned to his post by the pavilion door, a couple of old ladies start walking up the path from Seneca. They seem to be out for a nice after lunch stroll. A few kids on skateboards come zipping along the path doing some simple tricks and jumps, including the planter boxes. And an Indian gentleman meanders about snapping pictures of the Seattle skyline.

Trix
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:34 am

The five tweens on skateboards arrive at the opening in the 10 meter long path to the pavilion and seem to be headed in your direction. They are still doing ollies and bunny-hops as they go along. A few of the braver ones even attempt to pop up onto the plasticrete edges of the planter boxes.

The two old ladies stop at a bench near the end of the path and sit down to chat a bit, while the Indian man looks quizzically at the pavilion, or skaters - it's hard to tell - and starts to move towards the pavilion as well.

Trix
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:37 am

The five kids reach the area in front of the pavilion. Two of the older boys stop as soon as they see Joker.

Boy1 to Boy2:
Peep this Chrome-boi. Those canons look like they could make you into Chinese-take-out easy!

The one other boy and two girls pull up hard behind the other two.

Boy2 to Joker:
Hoi Omae! What you doin' standin' round here? Gunna mug some ol' lady?

Boy1:
I bet he's some sort o Pervo!

The other kids laugh at that.

Boy2:
Nah, I bet he's some kind ganger. That's it ain't it? You the muscle for some ganger club ain't ya?!

Joker is now surrounded by a group of tweens with brightly colored hair, clothes and boards.

Trix
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:47 am

Cat:
Oh great! Now what? Her hands fidgeted with the stock of the rifle as she listened to the boys taunting Joker bellow. She could see the semi circle of kids via Smoken D's drone that was covering the area in the front of the pavilion. While she wasn't really worried about Joker, he'd proven he was a match for far worse than a pack of street rats, she did worry that the kids might get hurt if they stuck around.

Angelo always drilled it into her, no children. He wont be pleased if I accidentally shoot a kid... What do I do?

Hey, What are my orders on this? If something goes down while these kids are still here, do you want me to back Joker up or stand down? I'm worried about hitting one of them.

Trix
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:36 am

Teckster shakes his head. Rean do you want to give Joker some back up to get those kids to leave the area. Also since that side of the building is not really in my watch area someone try and clean it up of none combative if we do have a fire fight we don't want eyes we can't erase to see what we have done. with his sub vocal conversation to the group done Tacker lights a cig and goes back to keeping an eye on the back wall area.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:23 am

Keeping an eye on the feeds showing the old lady's and the Indian shutter bug and leaving the kids to Jokers tender care. Frag me, was I that stupid at that age?   He sighs and kills his cigarette. Yes, yes I was. Cat, don't shoot the kids. In fact don't shoot anyone until they are shooting at us. Soka?  Another paranoid thought pops through his head.  Raén, or Teck, can you atrally check out the kids, the old ladies and the camera man?

Third Language

Back to top Go down
View user profile
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:01 pm

Well I'd love to astrally scan the people but that is not in my skill set so I guys it is up to our guy alluring mage. Finishing his smoke he puts the butt into a astray in his pocket to re-roll the butts into new smokes later. With that done he tries to make it look like he reading a book in AR to help his blending into his surroundings. Also with the Watchers still telling him that there are people in the area he decides to give them more info on how to do their job. Once you have spotted someone you don't have to keep up dating me unless they start shooting, or fighting with one of my teammates
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Priest Sarah Gaven
Race: ork
Sex: female

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:25 pm

Joker gave a slight smile as the kids thought they were harassing him, in point of fact they had simply brought back thoughts he once had of what it would have been like if he were somewhat normal. If he had grown up with his mom instead of his brothers, if he hadn't seen everyone he had known and loved slaughtered, if he had never met the face of death, stared him in the eyes, and watched him turn away. "Sorry lil ones, i'm no ganga, but what i am is a man interested in that one over there with the camera. I've got fifty bucks each that says you can't get that camera and chase those two blue hairs outta here, and drop the camera off at this bar. I'll even see to it y'all might get a pint if i see you there tonight." Joker let his irish brogue drawl out a little more, making sure they paid attenting while making subtle gestures indicating the two folks that he had been keeping an eye on. Wiring the money to an empty cred stick in his pocket, he produced it for the kids. "Deal?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:20 pm

Siona turned the corner and looked at the kids, as she was told.

Assensing roll, group of kids. Int4+Ass1+Special(Aura reading)2=7d (7d6. hits(5)=3) 3 hits.

"What are... kids. Do not kill them yet. I'm taking a look at them now. Besides, if we don't want to blow up our job, we should not start a firefight. Joker, I saved your behind once today. I'm good, but I don't know if I can save it a second time from the cops." She tried to sound jovial. And she certainly felt more than proud about her sucess with those two KE guys. "If we can keep it discrete at all, we should. Right?

thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:39 pm

Echo that, subtlety is the plan.  He leaves the teens to Joker and checks for anything else of interest or out of place. Like what the Indian was really taking pictures of. Hold on a tick here.... Are we being paranoid about the camera? I mean my eyes can record just as easily as his camera, why use the obvious for surveillance?

Third Language

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:53 am

Joker:
As Joker pulls out the credstick it seems to hang unexpectedly on the edge of his pocket just long enough for him to lose his grip on it.

Four pairs of greedy eyes follow as the credstick which supposedly had ¥250 on it tumbled and fell to the ground. Before he can react, the kids burst into action. The two older ones who had been trying to taunt him dart for the credstick, tossing it back to one of the girls before the wheels of their boards even hit the plasticrete walk.

The kids scatter, weaving back and forth tossing random small objects between them faster than a human eye can follow. By the time Joker regains his senses the whole crew is in full flight down the path toward the rest of the park. One the girls keeps looking over her shoulder as she follows the others. She holds her sides as she laughs. Joker gets the distinct feeling that she is laughing at him.

One of the boys kick the Indian man in the rear as they pass. He was bent nearly double in what looked like an attempt to take a close up picture of a flower. The man goes sprawling, his camera hitting the ground pretty hard. With a loud "Whoop!" the boy and the rest of his crew escape into the weaving crowds of the park.

Raén:
As Raén switches to the astral, she is immediately aware that something is off about one of the kids. The obviously magical aura of one hanging around the back of the crowd flared just as Raén looked at the group. Taking a closer looks she realizes that the kid isn't a kid at all, but a spirit! To make matters worse, it seems to be a FREE SPIRIT! The only thing that helped reduce Raén's initial shock was that this spirit was fairly weak and shouldn't be too difficult to scare off or banish.

Before she can say anything though, the kids all scatter and start off down the path. The spirit with them.

Trix
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:04 pm

Siona watched the retreat of the juvenile robbers. She didn't believe her own eyes. "I'm glad those kids left. One of them is a free spirit. Those can be trouble. I don't mean a free spirited child, I mean a spirit entity without any bounds to a mage." She also looked at the indian gentleman. We have to make sure nobody enters the pavilon. Confiscating cameras is not part of that task, or is it? If he comes much closer, we will send him off one way or the other, right? But until then we shouldn't bother him. As long as he doesn't bother us. She stated her opinion.

What part of keeping a low profile did those makkanagi-sa fail to understand? She thought by herself.

thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:08 am

Killer Cat: Pavilion rooftop

Catalina Looked, double check the kids on screen as Rane said one was a Free spirit. She could not see it. The Kids she saw on screen all looked like kids, and they were leaving... She had never seen a free spirit and was curious as to what they looked like. Returning the Job she watched intently...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   

Back to top Go down

Chance at the Majors IC
Page 6 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next