Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.
 
Shadowrun HomeHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Share | 
 

 Chance at the Majors IC

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
avatar

Number of posts : 612
Age : 39
Location : Laylines center (Calgary)
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Night Fist
Race: Ork
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:40 pm

With the intros out of the way Teckster decides they will have to move on to planing. Trotter the more info you can give us ahead of time the more likely we will succeed at our job. What I would really like to have is a map of the area and the building we will be protecting, this way we can set up a plan on who is where and what each persons job will be. Teckster hopes he will be able to get a better map then he has with the exact location and added detail on the building they are going to be guarded like entry points. Another thing I'd like to add is since I can use arcane magic I will be summoning a couple of watcher spirits to act as extra eyes for the group I think our other magic user might be able to help in that area too. Not sure on what Siona magical limitations are Teckster was grabbing at straws but figured someone with a comment like "True power comes from within" would be able to back it up, and hopefully in the area of summoning since it gives the group more eyes and if she is better then him some more powerful spirits for back if the drake starts to fly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1442
Age : 37
Location : Earth -5:00 GMT
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:52 am

Trotter listened placidly has Smokin D made his introduction and started asking some basic questions about the run. His expression never changed during the brief exchange.

Trotter looked at Smoken D and replied to his initial question stoically, It’s unlikely that anyone is going to attempt an all-out assault on the meeting, but there’s no predicting the stupidity or determination of some people. Most likely there will be attempts to spy on the meeting through whatever scurrilous means people can think of. Trotter's eyes wander around the room, briefly settling on the other members. Gangers are the only real source of concern of physical threat as they care little for such trivialities as district security ratings. His gaze stops briefly on each member. While disturbances within the immediate area are to be dealt with quickly, Joker, and quietly, Catalina. Any attempted attacks upon the pavilion are to be intercepted and stopped, Siona. Attempts at surveillance are also to be stopped, Teckster.

His unassuming gaze sweeps back to Smoken D while he considers D's second question. After a brief pause he replies. Internal security is being handled by a separate team. If any disturbance becomes large enough for them to begin to worry about it, they will know about it. More importantly, it is your job to keep any such disturbances quiet enough so that they don't have to worry. He looks quickly around the room again, Is that understood? Good.

Either Trotter didn't notice Smoken D's third question, or he just ignored it. However, something about the man indicated that he missed little. He didn't bat an eye as Joker came out of the back corner and introduced himself. Nor did he indicate any interest in Teckster's introduction. He obviously knew each of these men's capabilities and was just interested in getting the meeting over with quickly.

His eyes and lips narrowed slightly* after Siona introduced herself and repeated Smoken D's question about a bonus. She had obviously missed his early hint. Missy, if I were you I would be more worried about completing my first job before I started scrounging for treats. Here's my counter offer. I reduce your pay to 1,250¥. How does that sound? He gives her a few seconds while his threat sinks in. No? then lets just stick to the original offer and not get too big for our britches. His face immediately returns to a placid mask if uninterest and his gaze turns expectantly to Catalina, cutting off any further discussion with Siona about funds.

He remains emotionless during Catalina's introduction except for a slight tick* at the corner of his eye when she states her name and occupation. For a brief moment it looked as if he were caught off guard*, but one couldn't be certain of that.

Teckster, feeling the slight tension that had built between the Fixer and the team decided to intervene with a couple questions of his own in an attempt to smooth the rough spot. Trotters head swung slowly back to him as he asked his questions. There was a brief pause before he answered. I told you everything I can. You were told the general location of the meet by your individual contacts. If you aren't professional enough to have done some legwork by this point maybe I was mistaken in approving your hiring. You've got, he eyes unfocus briefly, 17 minutes before the meeting begins. I suggest you take that time to scope out the Maynard Pavilion and the park. I do not need to remind you to not engage any of the meetings attendants or to dig too deeply into the content of the meeting, do I?

Trotter gives the group another look over. So? Who wants the job? It was obvious he was done answering questions.

(OOC) * indicates that you needed to pass the perception 3 test to notice Trotter's displays of emotion or "shock."

_________________
Native Language
2nd Language
3rd Language
Trix
Spoken on comlink in appropriate color
Thoughts in appropriate color
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 41
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:22 pm

Catalina Sports Bar:

Catalina did not like the tension in the room. It seem she was not the only green one there... It was just starting to feel like everyone was on more even terms then she had originally figured... Some of the other female fratilo(that might be spelled wrong its Italian means siblings) had seen runners in action. She knew of two, one died protecting her big brother, the other had a different outcome... Catalina had read both reports these types did not really seem like what the reports said to expect, but to be fare those reports had dealt with shadowrunners as opposition. This she assumed was how they acted when not in a fight but she truly found that hard to believe. The Johnson had mentioned a "first job" when speaking to the multi armed elf "Siona was it something like that..." she blundered the thought pattern. though pretty she may have been, her charms were not working on this one as easy as it had been with the bartender. It seemed as though he(the Johnson) was done playing with them. Catalina decided it was time to accept...

"Well I find this bit of work for the price given, acceptable thank you for the opertunity... Now if were done, I'd like to get to the building as soon as possible. you know too set up..." She looked to teckster and punched some invisable keys, in the air, then she grabbed at sometihng like it was paper, this invisable thing was crompled up in her hands and then she threw it at him. At that moment, or at least a moment later (if his COM was on) he would recieve her COM info "Link me Teckster." Then she looked to Smoken D. "Smoken D was it you said you got wheels right? Mind if i ride with you to the O.Z.(Operation Zone)I got dropped here..." she said smiling curtly. Now she looked around the room to see if they were gonna waste more time, or get going... She was by no means dropping the gavel at dismissal. Just suggesting a course of action be taken, and the job be at least accepted. She also assumed that since everyone took the time to get to know each other, they were all in... "I mean why else would you do that..." she thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1139
Age : 33
Location : U.S.
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Priest Sarah Gaven
Race: ork
Sex: female

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:16 pm

((OOC: Yes, he is wearing his gun mounts, He wouldn't find it necessary to hide them since he does have licenses for them, and his commlink is in hidden mode at all times, less it is illegal in an area. visual perception test; rating 2 + intuition 5 + visual spec 2 + visual enhancement (contact lens) 3 = 12 (12d6.hits(5)=5)

Connor smiled for a moment, shaking his head at the lady who used her full name and occupation. Either she has the worlds greatest cover story and code name, or she's so green she makes kermit the frog look pale ((Do you think they have muppets in the 2070's)). In any case her name was her issue, the real issue was with the job, getting there, doing the work and getting the money out as soon as possible, so Connor could get back to his. "I think it's time we stop beating our gracious host for information that we can get ourselves by being there. If any o'ya want a view of the building, and it's area just google the place, it's a bit 2010's, but the thing still works. Now let's get down there, last one there buys the first round after we're all done. I call shotgun with Mr. D"

It didn't take much to get him moving, but Connor wanted to get this job done, and get started on the rest of his life here, another unfortunate consequence of youth, impatience. He stood up from the table and stands besides D, ready to rock and roll, more excited then he should be, but lateness was out of the question. Less he be unable to get any good looks at the members of the meeting, odds are if they needed runners for protection then the business do to be discussed couldn't be entirely legal, and that made it of interest to Connor and the Brothers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
avatar

Number of posts : 612
Age : 39
Location : Laylines center (Calgary)
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Night Fist
Race: Ork
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:55 pm

Teckster sees the group getting ready to leave so he starts to walk over to the door too. Protect them from eavesdroppers, well you can't tell if someone has captured your wireless signal unless you have hacked the eavesdroppers comm link and you see that they are doing that, this being a pubic place finding the one doing that would be very very hard to do. So plan B if Trotter is ok with it. Which if these guys are meeting in person it wouldn't seem like it wouldn't make a huge problem. As he is on his way to the bar door Teckster speaks up. I'll take the job, but one thing I was wondering is would it be ok if I put a jammer in play that would both jam any eavesdroppers but at the same time would jam the people inside the building. Since finding an eavesdropper in a crowd like a park is like finding a needle in the hay stack it would be easier if we put jamming in place instead. I really ask since it would jam the people inside the building. Oh if that is not the case I really would like to know the signal strength of the comms inside to know how close a hacker has to get to eavesdrop since that will make the hay stack a bit smaller.I hope this is ok or I will have to think of a plan C and fast. Once the questions are answered he will get to his car and head over to the run location.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 41
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:15 pm

Before Smoking D can Answer her and after Joker Calls shot gun... Catalina Grabs her case and moves too Teckster asking. "Do you think that jamming device of yours might be better served up high like i was saying before? You know for maximum coverage? Listen there is no reason for us to all go in one car like clowns, right? Do you mine if I ride with you Teckster," Her facial emotion changed from interest to pleading not wanting to ride with the walking arsenal, as he seemed to not approve of her or so she would think by the way he was shaking his head... Of course his opinion did not matter, but she was told to play nice... And she was trying... "And id like to here more about your jamming device, if you don't mind sharing details on the way...?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
avatar

Number of posts : 612
Age : 39
Location : Laylines center (Calgary)
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Night Fist
Race: Ork
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:31 pm

Sure your welcome to ride with me on the way over. Since your a fellow runner I'd be happy to tell you about the jammer first off it is not an area jammer but a directional one. Before he says much more he waits to hear what Trotter has to say because the ya or nay on the jamming the build will mean alot to his plan. Best not to jam a meeting with out the ok to jam them. Teckster starts to think to himself and smiles Inside the building two people are having a meeting with there comm linked to others off site only to find when they needed their off site sources they get nothing but static, the meet would've been an easy success but the runner out side killed their meeting with out knowing... The Smile grows bigger as Teckster can see the look on two generic metahumans faces if he never got the ok but did the jamming anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1018
Age : 48
Location : Chilliwack, British Columbia. Canada
Registration date : 2012-05-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:33 pm

Soka, I'm in Mr Trotter, just needed to clarify. He chuckles and kills his smoke before standing up. In the process of pocketing his cigarette pack he tucks one into his hat and other in the corner of his mouth. [color=green]So we are now on the clock folks.[/green]
With a few mental commands he sets up an access code for his comm. Teckster if you are planning to networking our comms do that now. 'Pepercorn' is my pass-code. Either way we need to have constant communications. So I've got Joker with me in my car, my step van will follow me. I want it close to the pavilion. Already his mind is working out routes and timings and scanning traffic reports. Lady of the many graceful limbs... I don't believe I heard your moniker Nice word that. Do you need transport?

_________________
Primary Language
Internal monologues / thoughts If I on a rare occasion think in a different language then the color will change to that language.
Second Language
Third Language
Matrix / comms / subvocal In color of language used.


In God we fear and Dog we love.
If you wish to experience peace, provide peace to another.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1351
Age : 38
Location : Near Cologne
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:47 am

How dare he? This roundear is threatening me! He'll pay for this. Fortunately, the rational corner of Sionas mind reminded her that indeed, he would pay her, once she finished the job.

Her expression might have shown the indignation though.

Then SmokenD adressed her. And quite elegantly so. A name. Shadowrunners never use their real names. What name should I use? A cool name! But what? Spider? Noh. Sexy sixy? Yuck no! Quick, come up with something before they get suspicious.

"You can call me Raén." She replied, quite friendly. "And a ride would be good" At least he shows proper respect. That's a a start.

Raén was Sperethiel, and it simply meaned 'one who is of the people'. Or for short, elven.

Siona emptied her cup, took the sandwich still sitting on the plate and put it back into its wrapper. Next she put the wrapped sandwich in her pocket and stood up. "I am ready to go if you are." The girl couldn't resist giving Trotter a challenging look when she said it.

_________________
„I’m Talking to you. Don’t you understand English?” Talking
Talking for Wreck
Descriptions and deeds. Just like that.
thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1018
Age : 48
Location : Chilliwack, British Columbia. Canada
Registration date : 2012-05-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:49 pm

Taking a few extra moments to make sure he doesn't mangle the word. All right Raén. You and Joker are with me then. We can link up our comms on the way.

_________________
Primary Language
Internal monologues / thoughts If I on a rare occasion think in a different language then the color will change to that language.
Second Language
Third Language
Matrix / comms / subvocal In color of language used.


In God we fear and Dog we love.
If you wish to experience peace, provide peace to another.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 41
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:34 am

Catalina Sports Bar:
Katrina/Catalina nodded her approval and thanks to Teckster for the ride, but bit her lip as he waited for an answer. She did not think he was gonna get one... The Johnson seemed off put enough and time was ticking... "Don't worry" she said "If you think it will help i say do it. How big of a problem could it be really..." She turned to walk out the door and stopped to regard Teckster who seemed to her only to want to do his best. She knew how it felt to have questions unanswered from superiors. It happened to her all to often, but the conditioning had solved most of that problem. She was programed not to question orders from Angelo so mostly she didn't, but she was nineteen and that meant everything was a question at some point... "You know there is a security convention right down the street from the O.Z., hope all those off duty heroes don't go for a stroll down the block during our mission..." She said hoping to take Teckster's mind from his quarry, though in all actuality she had a reasonable point...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
avatar

Number of posts : 612
Age : 39
Location : Laylines center (Calgary)
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Night Fist
Race: Ork
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:22 pm

Teckster waits for a very short time to see if the Johnson will give him his answer with or with out the answer he leaves the bar. Katrina I'm parked this way. Teckster points down the street to the end of the block. The two arrive at his Blue Sudan and get inside. Not being the most socal adept person in the world he forgot to open the door for the lady. Once inside the car he turns off his personal Comm link and keeps his work one in hidden. Teckster does his best to fallow Smoken D on the way he drinks the rest of his soy cafe he had in a travel mug and links all the groups comm links then sends everyone a copy of his encrypt program. I feel not everyone will have the power to run it at full strength but it would slow down enemy hackers a bit. With the encryption file there was included the code for each member to decrypt the signal when they get a message from each other.

With a bit of the drive left Teckster starts to talk to Katrina So my jamming device is in the trunk it is the highest power one I could find I got a directional one so I could have more control over who was fuzzed out of communication. I was think putting it on the roof facing down into the building would be the best way to jam the comm links then no one could eavesdrop on our clients conversation. I don't know if we will be able to get onto the roof but if we can that would be the ideal place for it. Teckster keeps pace with Smoken D as the team heads over to the missions location.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 41
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:22 pm

Teckster's Sudan: Catalina/Katrina

"Sounds like a good idea how big is it and can i set it up for you up there or you coming too the roof also...?" she truly knew so little about such things, but she felt as though she should know at least a little more for future reference...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1018
Age : 48
Location : Chilliwack, British Columbia. Canada
Registration date : 2012-05-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:13 pm

He calls his sedan, having it pull up in front of the entrance. Sliding across to the drivers seat he slips cable from the seat rest and jacks it behind his right ear. Then jacking his commlink behind his left. Just in case, cut down the wireless chatter. As soon as the other two slide into the car they pull out and head for the meeting, the Step-Van trailing as the car obediently follows the route he quickly plotted.
A mail icon flashes in his peripheral. A quick look and he smiles and after a brief hesitation puts his lighter away. Okay, Teckster, just sent a code. Quickly he loads the software and sends a test message. As we have to be somewhat subtle and quiet. I have three Fly-Spy drones and a couple mini skimmers I can use for visual coverage without being easily noticed, plus the sensors in both my cars if we place them right. We have one overwatch in Katrina, and the Matrix work is for Teckster. Are the rest going to be physically on the ground or does anyone have something else? He pulls up the map again and looks for parking around the park and the target pavilion. On it's own his hand pulsl out a lighter and lights the cigarette dangling from his lips.

_________________
Primary Language
Internal monologues / thoughts If I on a rare occasion think in a different language then the color will change to that language.
Second Language
Third Language
Matrix / comms / subvocal In color of language used.


In God we fear and Dog we love.
If you wish to experience peace, provide peace to another.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1442
Age : 37
Location : Earth -5:00 GMT
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:43 am

These remarks take place before the team leaves the bar

Smoken D:
Smoken D's AR display started slamming him with SPAM messages with everything from little blue pills to put the smile back on your lady's face to trips for two to Cal Free as Trotter was addressing the team's questions. Luckily the sound was auto muted or he would have missed the spoken details as well as the visual while he cleared up the mess. He was able to follow along with the conversation, but he could only guess as to who was speaking until near the end when he had to match faces to voices. He thought to himself as he cleared the last message. You know you're overdue for a new SIN when your SPAM filters stop working...

Teckster & Catalina:
Trotter grunts at Teckster's question about jammers. Like I'm privy to the tech that the members of a secret meeting will be bringing with them? Wow you're green. Trotter shakes his head in wonder at the team he'd built. Maybe this was a bad job for him to take... Listen, the inside security will be running ECCM to ensure internal connectivity. So you're jammer shouldn't interfere with internal comms. Will it be effective against external threats? Trotter shrugs then looks at Catalina. The roof is flat and slightly depressed with angled edges. It shouldn't be too difficult for you to station yourself out of sight up there. Just don't get caught. It wouldn't be easy to explain what you are doing up there.


_________________
Native Language
2nd Language
3rd Language
Trix
Spoken on comlink in appropriate color
Thoughts in appropriate color
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1442
Age : 37
Location : Earth -5:00 GMT
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:13 pm

The team drive the three or floor blocks to the Park and start looking for spaces for their vehicles.

Smoken D pulls onto Hubble Place and finds the last two spots. It's a tight fit for Lucy, but she maneuvers in with little problem. Getting out quickly might be difficult without damaging some other vehicles though.

Teckster, unable to locate a suitable place on Hubble, continues down and comes back on the 9th ave connector road. He finally locates a place under the 8th Ave overpass.

As the group approaches the Park, it finally begins to set in that, as a location for a supposedly secure meeting, Freeway Park leaves a lot to be desired. Lying in the heart of the city center, it is surrounded by towering buildings that provide countless vantage spots overlooking the area. Densely populated and with constant traffic, there is plenty of opportunity for those with ill intent to blend in and bide their time. Adjacent to the park is the Seattle Trade and Convention Center. If the banners are to be believed, this week it is hosting a gathering of security providers. That could explain the variety of large folk in neatly tailored (and no doubt armored) suits roaming the park, mingling with the ordinary folk taking their lunch in the area. Well, what’s life without a challenge? Underneath the park runs the I-5, the main North-South arterial route through the city and perhaps the busiest road in the metroplex. The traffic noise is strangely muted despite the proximity of the freeway that gives the park its name. The park is an oasis of relative calm in the hustle and bustle of Seattle’s heart. With a little luck, it may stay that way.

One of few green spots in the city heart of Downtown, the park spreads over several city blocks. Throughout its confines are spread large planters filled with plants, trees and interactive displays. This makes for limited field of vision and plenty of cover. Planters are used to house a virety flowers, grasses, tall shrubs and trees. The boxes are three quarters of a meter high and are made from sturdy plascrete and filled with earth. They would likely make good cover. ŸThe plants range in height from a few centimeters up to a further 1½ meters. This wouldn't prove much use as protection in a gun fight, but will make it difficult to be seen on the other side. ŸSpread through the planters are small trees ranging from 4 to 5 meters in height with trunks around half a meter in diameter. The foliage is a bit high to provide much cover, but the trunks might do in a pinch. At various points in the park are interactive units. These audio-visual displays provide information on various plants in the park, Downtown landmarks, and events occurring in the Convention Center. There are also several benches, rubbish bins and various vending machines spread throughout the park, affording other means of seeking cover or hiding spots for surveillance.

You also notice how colorful the ordinary public is, different meta-variants appearing in a great range of styles, not to mention those folk who have undergone SURGE. Serious faced corporate suits rub shoulders with hip teens in lurid skin tight clothes. Outrageous fashions barely raise eyebrows, so it’s the way people act that will attract the most attention. According to the advertisements that are popping up, the park is rigged with microphones and speakers so that visitors can request immediate information sound bites on various features of the park – plants, buildings and statues. LAVs fly
overhead, as do executive choppers and a startling variety of drones. Blimps display constant trid footage of news and advertisements. Occasional shimmers in the air hint at magical activity as well. The Sixth World is a busy and different place indeed.

The group has arrive with 20 minutes to left before the meeting is scheduled, and thus have time to scout the area and look for anything out of the ordinary. There are a few obvious security types inside the pavilion, but no one else is in view. The guests must not have arrived just yet.

At first glance the area around the pavilion appears quite simple. It lies in an isolated enclosed area with a single entrance. The area, however, is enclosed by hedges and planters which won’t pose a barrier to anyone determined to push their way through. Nor will they be much use in stopping bullets. The pavilion functions as a shady spot open to the public most of the time, but can be hired for private functions, as has been done today. It is a small single story building some 5 meters in height with a gabled roof. It measures some 10 meters by 5 meters. Its walls appear to be made of wood but most likely some sort of synthetic. The French doors are fashioned from what looks like one-way armored glass, allowing those indoors to look outside, but not vice versa. On each wall there is a central double door and on the long walls there are two flanking single doors.

_________________
Native Language
2nd Language
3rd Language
Trix
Spoken on comlink in appropriate color
Thoughts in appropriate color
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
avatar

Number of posts : 612
Age : 39
Location : Laylines center (Calgary)
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Night Fist
Race: Ork
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:36 am

Once the quick look around was completed Teckster stopped for a second to get his watcher buddies formed for the job he had for them. 2 hours of work from these astral creatures should work out just fine Teckster tries to block out his surroundings to focus on his summoning taking astral material and breathing it inside himself he projects out of his solorplex the astral energies in the form of a sphere with a silver ting to it. Ok first little helper down. Time for a quick job description. Addressing the watcher he gives a metal command to the little guy You are going to patrol that building there you are to circle it looking for anyone except... With a mental picture of each teammate sent to the watcher so it know they are aloud in the area ... If you see anyone with in 1 meter of the hedge surrounding it you are to contact me and each of the other people aloud in that area. With that done the watcher moves out to start his 2 hour job.

Well watcher one went well time for watcher two Teckster repeats the breathing in astral energies then forming it into a second watcher. This time as the astral energy left his body something in his mind must of got grabbed by the astral energies since his dizziness from earlier had just jumped in strength. Drake I need to work on my summoning if I'm going to be doing this kind of work. With the second silver watcher ready and waiting Teckster gives him his orders. The first watcher is the inside patrol this second one will be an outer parameter patroller Teckster with a plan laid out give his command to his little helper You are to patrol that hedge area up to 5 meters out from it if you see anyone get inside 5 meter from the hedge except these people.... again Teckster gives a mental picture of all his teammates to the silver watcher then continues. ... you are to tell me and each of these people.

With that done the 2 watchers set off on their patrol and now Teckster went to find a vantage point that would give his jammer it's best chance at jamming the one story building.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 41
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:34 pm

Pavilion: Catalina

Perception test(looking for a way too the roof from the outside)ok umm
1hit

Pavilion: Catalina

Catalina looked around

Hmm not feeling like she was really getting the Lay of the land She moved for higher ground... She would think of the strategy from there... Using her knowledge of combat tactics. But she didn't really feel she was getting it from here... She spoke to Teckster but mostly to the team on the sub-vocal channel... "Hey gang umm I noticed everybody has cool little shadowrunner designations. this sounds like a good time to get myself one, never had a nick name, so umm yeah if you think of one let me know, ill respond to it. Then umm also im on my way upstairs too the roof where ill be doing most of my recon and support from, ill get back to you then... Here is hoping it goes right... Right...?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1351
Age : 38
Location : Near Cologne
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:49 pm

Sioa received the encription code and put it on her comlink. "I can summon a spirit to guard the pavillon. And maybe a watcher or two. Of course I am most useful in a spot with good line of sight around the pavillon. Maybe I shouldget onto the roof too? Or maybe I should get on another high place around it. Do we have a map?" When they arrived, Siona left the car and looked around. What a lively place.

Perception roll, seeing the park for the first time. (5d6. hits(5)=3)

She listeed to Catalinas request and replied: "We could call you roofie." She giggled, not bothering to cut the comlink. "Seriously though. We could call you Cat for now. Stealthy slinky Cat on the hot pavillon roof."

Sionas eyes lingered on an elven lad skating along one of the parks paths. The lime green irokeese haircut was especially aerodynamic. He was wearing a tight orange top, sporting a few strategically placed cuts. [color0orange]"Well hello there."[/color]

After he left her field of vision, the girl had another idea. [color0red]"Do you others think too, when someone is going to spy on the pavillon, they might be around already and preparing their attempt?[/color] To herself she thought: Maybe even a magician, or as spirit.

She switched her view [color=cyan]to the astral once more. The park burst with colours. Every living thing, The grass, the trees, insects and small rodents, and of course the metahumans around were each a swirl of colours.

Astral perception roll. Int4+perception1=5d (5d6. hits(5)=1)

_________________
„I’m Talking to you. Don’t you understand English?” Talking
Talking for Wreck
Descriptions and deeds. Just like that.
thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
avatar

Number of posts : 612
Age : 39
Location : Laylines center (Calgary)
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Night Fist
Race: Ork
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:58 pm


Over the encrypted sub vocal he fills the group in on what he has doneSo far I set up two watcher to do a patrol of the building if they see something they will let the whole group know. It would be great if we had watchers looking into the crowd looking for magically awakened people that way we will be able to see mages quicker. Oh ya I sent the map of the area to everyone just check your in box. With that said he goes back to looking at the area to see if there are any good stake out places.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 41
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:31 pm

Catalina/Katrina/Cat: Pavilion

She Downloaded the Security programs and measures that Techster had implemented, and responded to the Joking elf as she assumed it was a joke but was not sure how to respond to such a thing She was not good at knowing when to laugh there just simply had not been enough time during training and before that was blurry there was her waking up in the hospital and Angelo Telling her, her name His name and Handed her her first Automatic, how ever playing nice would indicate that she should what had Ester (Another field experienced fratilo unit) called it Reciprocate... She had never one upped anybody in all her memory, so she simply responded "Heh! Umm? Thanks Cat it is! no need to add the roof stuff... So if you see anybody giving a you a hard time, and you want me to umm scratch them out. wave your left hand at them, k? ill umm do my best promise. So what do these watchers do for us that can't see, magic like Are you going to tell us what they see, or can we see it... How does that work..." And she returned to looking around while trying her best to find a way to the roof... "Rene" She said butchering the elven name "if your going to the roof you have any idea how to get up there we could go together..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1018
Age : 48
Location : Chilliwack, British Columbia. Canada
Registration date : 2012-05-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:37 pm

Trailing behind the others as they walk through, his eyes flicking over the terrain and people, content to listen to the others while he thinks.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3856656/

With a small smile at the ladies he quips in. Cat works for me, I was going to call you spotter. Then, back to business, the smile flicks off and he lights another cigarette before strolling back towards his vehicles. If your going for high ground go fast. I'm going to my van to get some mini drones, they should help remove some of our blind spots. I'm going to 'drop' them off as I walk about. Business or not he can't keep a smile off his face as he watches a group of teenagers chasing each other across the grass, flowing around three grim faced men in severe suits and shades. Wow, with all the sec people we don't actually stand out as much as I feared.

Slipping into the side door of his Step-Van he quickly goes for a series of cases. Opening one he pockets three Fly-Spy drones, quickly followed by two microscimmers and 2 Kanmushi microdrones. Alright, got the drones. Three Fly-Spys are going to watch the pavilion. The scimmers i'm putting into the two large clumps of trees in front of the pavilion area and the Kanmushi crawlers I'm dropping mid park for now. Putting action to words he activates the Kanmushi drones and send them one at a time, scurrying out his sleaves as he brushes flowers while walking slowly along. Quckly both disapear into the garden plants. As he reaches the area before the pavilion he stops to kill his cigarette and dig out another pack, letting a microscimmer drop in the bushes covered by his long coat. And he drops the other microscimmer while throwing his empty pack out. Coming up to the others he uses them as a screen and three fly's flutter out of his coat and in typical fly fashion go fluttering off around the pavilion. K, my little friends are off. He quickly flips through the drone feeds to make sure they are all working properly.

_________________
Primary Language
Internal monologues / thoughts If I on a rare occasion think in a different language then the color will change to that language.
Second Language
Third Language
Matrix / comms / subvocal In color of language used.


In God we fear and Dog we love.
If you wish to experience peace, provide peace to another.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1442
Age : 37
Location : Earth -5:00 GMT
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:39 am

Smoken D, Cat & Raén:
You all notice that the park is covered by cameras. The primary function of several is likely for the interactive information system that the park has as well as to help with park maintenance, which is probably why they aren't hidden particularly well.

Cat:
There doesn't seem to be a direct way up to the roof. The roof overhangs the walls by a couple of feet, making scaling the walls a difficult feat for a professional climber. The trees are too small and far away to gain roof access. You may need a boost up from a friend.

Raén:
You notice a couple of lightly armed Knight Errant goons on the far side of the park. From their easy pace, you think they are likely patrolling the park on a set schedule.

There are a few spirits passing through the park, but from their direct line of travel, it is likely that they are being sent some where specific. There are also a handful of the Awakened, most in suits. Some, like the elf skater are not so formal. None of them seems too intent on the pavilion though.

Thirteen minutes until the job starts
A human male in a grey suit walks confidently up the path to the pavilion with a cigar clamped firmly between his teeth and a half-grin pulling his lips wide.

_________________
Native Language
2nd Language
3rd Language
Trix
Spoken on comlink in appropriate color
Thoughts in appropriate color
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1018
Age : 48
Location : Chilliwack, British Columbia. Canada
Registration date : 2012-05-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:05 am

He spots several of the cameras as he places his drones. Clamping his lips on a curse he drags deeply on his smoke. Son of a drake. n]Teckster, can you hack the park cameras? If you can I probably just wasted time with my drones.
With a lot more nonchalance than he feels he plops himself onto a bench with a view of the pavilion and Hubbell Pl., pulling out an electronic paper he pretends to studiously read through 'Driving Drones' monthly. As soon as he sits down he connects to his drones. Wakey Wakey my friends, time to work. With a little effort he sets up a rotating view from the drone cameras then links it up for the others to access. Drone cameras are online folks. The two crawlers both climb up trees with simple commands to watch both the street and the park. The two microscimmers he orders to hover just within the shrubs and watch the park between the street and the pavilion. The Spy-Fly's he has fly above the hedge and follow the hedge, making sure that the three are always triangulated with the pavilion at the centre.
It is through one of the Spy-Fly's cameras he spots the grey suited human walk up to the pavilion. And we have our first arrival.

_________________
Primary Language
Internal monologues / thoughts If I on a rare occasion think in a different language then the color will change to that language.
Second Language
Third Language
Matrix / comms / subvocal In color of language used.


In God we fear and Dog we love.
If you wish to experience peace, provide peace to another.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1351
Age : 38
Location : Near Cologne
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:06 pm

"Watchers are nice, and they might not even be overly conspicuous. But I don't think we're alone. There are a few magicians in suits in the park. And some without suits." [color=cyan]She still looked around on the astral. At Catalinas comment she thought: Scratch them out? Must be a slang term or something. She shrugged before replying: "Cat, how much do you weigh? I could give you a lift upstairs." Although the thought of floating next to the woman, unsupported in the air, made Siona shiver. She really did not like heights. Time is running out.

"I think I'll stay on the park. I can move and get into the best angles that way in case I need a line of sight. Cat, just stand ready. And if you feel something, don't fight it. Illayah?

Spellcasting, Improved invisibility, force 4. Magic5+Spellcasting4=9d (9d6. hits(5)=2)

With that, she stood upright, focussing her gaze on Catalina. One deep breath, in... gathering the energies from around her, from within her, focussing the ever changing mana into a path, into a river, into a stream. Following the wheel of creation, she let the mana shape around Catalina.

... and out.

Drain for Improved Invisibility DV=(4/2)+1=3 Cha6+Will5=11d (11d6. hits(5)=2) (one box of drain)

Any mundane, and any camera, would lose sight of the woman at once. She faded to nothingness within the blink of an eye. Siona squinted her eyes for a moment as the slight pain went through her skull. Téch.

She straightened up once more, still focussing on Catalina.

"And now..."
One breath in...

[color=she called upon the mana again. Putting a second stream around her target. The flow was different, of course, and she had to bring both streams into harmony, otherwise they might disrubt each other.[/color]

Cast Levitate force 2. Mag5+spellcasting4-sustaining2=7d (9d6. hits(5)=1)

Drain for Levitation DV=(2/2)+1=2 Cha6+Will5=11d (11d6. hits(5)=2) (no drain)

... and out.

At least this time they are in harmony...

"...up."

She saw the two spells layer upon each other, the outer one supporting Catalinas weight, then negating it. Catalina floated upwards as fast as Siona could manage. It was still rather slow. But within a few seconds she was on the top of the roof, where Siona let her land on her feet gently before letting the second spell fade back into the ambient mana of the park.

"There you go Cat on the roof. Don't dance too much on it."

_________________
„I’m Talking to you. Don’t you understand English?” Talking
Talking for Wreck
Descriptions and deeds. Just like that.
thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   

Back to top Go down
 
Chance at the Majors IC
Back to top 
Page 2 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next
 Similar topics
-
» New Character: Wesley Majors

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowrun Online :: Library :: Archives :: Archives - :: Dead Runs :: Wreck's Games-
Jump to: