Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeChance at the Majors IC - Page 19 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Chance at the Majors IC

Go down 
+2
CrowDancing
Wreck
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
AuthorMessage
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Priest Sarah Gaven
Race: ork
Sex: female

Chance at the Majors IC - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 19 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 6:04 am

Lake side:

"Convince you..."  Tywin tilted his head at what he heard of D's last two words as he swung his bow across his arm in preparation of what was to be assumed a quick jaunt across a field.  This task was however halted by something the military had never trained him for, someone doubting him.  Sure, Tywin had been underestimated before by his team.  They were all genetic freaks who had great natural abilities but were generally untested and almost all the time were kept as a sideshow possibility of what the genetic scientists had hoped to copy into creating a dead pool of perfect soldiers, they weren't true honest too goodness soldiers for the exception that they had passed a modified version of basic training together as one unit.  It had been a hard trial earning their trust, and it looked like he would have to do it again.  "I already have.  I brought you a hacker and another magic user wrapped into one neat package.  I stopped a trio of armed Yakuza from turning Wire into pothole filler with an armored car that probably could take more firepower then this place can defend with.  I did it doing three things, not killing anyone, not letting anyone else die, and what i think you'd find more important without even being seen in broad daylight.  No one knew i was there until i opened up a comm channel to him simply because my own personal paranoia decided a slightly less dramatic entrance would keep me from getting shot in the ass.  I'm not a child planning on hopping the fence and playing tag with the neighbor kids, i just want to know where any security cameras are, check on any exploitable points in this place, and for the love of all that's good and holy, check to see what's in those chemical tanks that i've asked about all nite.  If we can get away with demolishing this place using what we have onsite; without another partner that's one less share we have to split, one less snag we have to work out, and that just means we might live to see another run."  Tywin let out a huff for a moment before giving a moment to pass.  Children playing games, been there, done that.

Game on:

Tywin had the entire team check in and gear up as he approached the door, his hand trembling slightly as it approached the lever nob.  He had practiced and done dozens of breaches in training, in games against Beta.  Tywin and his group had rounded up all the remaining guards stationed outside, and had hacked the comm system to play a systemic loop of security check-ins.  They had checked and cleared every remaining nook and cranny, no one had seen them.  No alarms were raised, silent or otherwise.  An astral check had confirmed that points in the building were mana warded, making it nearly impossible to get a full count of all of beta company stationed here for this exercise.  It didn't matter though, from his last count there were only maybe five more guards that could comfortably watch the inside of the building without it becoming over crowded and risking friendly fire.  Five on five, definetly piss poor odds for the opposition, so why did this one feel so wrong.

Tywin placed his hand on the door and with a silent breath he turned the handle and felt elated as it clicked without alarm, just as the trix feed had suggested.  As Tywin pushed the door open, his elation was soon flattened as he heard a klaxon blare throughout the base.  The intercom had started coming to life as well, and the deep booming voice had pulled more emotions through the lion's soul.  "This exercise is cancelled, Alpha company is here by ordered to exfil following Golf Tango Foxtrot Oscar 1.  Beta Company is hereby ordered to defend the base.  Ladies and gentlemen, we have enemy incoming in T-minus 5 mikes, that is all."  "Papa Lion.  What do we do now?"  Tywin quickly flung open the door and stood aside as the few remaining Beta guards left the building and started towards defensible positions around the perimeter.  "Squirrel, wake up our captives with a couple of stim patches and set them to work.  Angel; Rat, link up, I need to know who and what is incoming and from where.  Let's do what we always do, win."

Present:

With a nearly exasperated tone, Tywin motions to the building in question.  "I'd like to gather more intel before we skip merrily into hell's waiting room tomorrow night though.  I'm going over there, I'm getting more information which can only serve to help us, and I'm not getting caught tonight, or any other night in the foreseeable future.  I'm not above asking for help, and I would appreciate the assistance, please."
Back to top Go down
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer
CrowDancing

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2012-05-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 19 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 10:01 am

Heaving a sigh he again squelches the impulse for another smoke and raises his hands in a pausing motion. Frag me running. He checks himself, filtering the vulgarity from his outside voice. First off, I am not doubting your skill or ability, I am doubting the value of your stated objectives related to the potential risks.
Secondly, we are not the demolition team. Our contract is to secure the facility for the demolition slitch.. sorry, person who has a totally separate contract. That means we are not splitting anything with him and we must completely secure this facility first. If you have the gear and skill-set to do it, then we might be able to renegotiate that.

Finally giving in he lights another cigarette with a long drag, blowing smoke into the air and calming. I think the risk of triggering an alert is less through the matrix than physically for the same information. I also think that we can identify their security features more thoroughly from inside their system.
I say this because I worked at Ares for years alongside many of the rigging and security staff and have some knowledge of corporate security. I expect, considering the anti-air system, this place also has at least cameras on the walls and possibly even pressure sensors along the perimeter inside the wall.
As for getting past it, I do not have experience physically slipping or breaking in to places and I am assuming that you and KC, at least, do. So don't take this as doubt in you so much as I need to know as many of the odds before I can feel comfortable with it.

Another long drag and he starts pacing as he looks at the determination evident in Tywin's whole posture. I don't like the odds my head is coming up with but fraggit. If you are really that bent to do this, let's do it right. He jabs his cigarette in Hardwire's direction. Hardwire you'll need to slice their security system first. Once in check their security and blind it to Tywin. The cigarette moves on to point out each of the others in turn in between hard drags that quickly burn it down to the butt. Raén, if you can, use magic to conceal or assist but don't go in. You will be our alarm and magic guard. Once Tywin's over the wall go astral and watch for magical activity and any sign they've scoped Tywin or us. KC you and I will be the fail safe. Get your baby out of the trunk, find a hide with good coverage of the gate building. If dreck drops and we need to fade you are to pin them inside while Tywin runs. Load standard rounds but go for crippling or just scaring the dreck out them. Once done pull out and we'll regroup on the fly. Holding his hand palm up to Tywin and two small Kamushi drones crawl into his palm before freezing. These are joined by two Fly-Spy's that flutter out from somewhere in his coat, all of which he offers Tywin. Take and plant these, they can function as cameras for us on the main run. They are inactive and have sticky feet so just press them somewhere useful and hidden. He pulls two Microskimmers out of another pocket and they immediately power up and hover. These two can watch your back and check corners. I can link their camera feed to you but I'll run them. If it goes sour I'll pick up KC and if your bikes got the interface I can rig it to you.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 19 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 8:14 pm

Catalina Lake:

CrowDancing wrote:
KC you and I will be the fail safe. Get your baby out of the trunk, find a hide with good coverage of the gate building. If dreck drops and we need to fade you are to pin them inside while Tywin runs.  Load standard rounds but go for crippling or just scaring the dreck out them.

"Wha!?! Why am i..." She started but she figured she should quit while she was ahead after all she'd been trained to take orders and she'd asked SD to call those shots... Now he was doing it... Sorta "Roger that" She grumbled and moved back to the trunk saying "Locked and loaded in five bossman..."

Five minutes later her rifle was assembled and she had the necessary ammo specified she tested the ruthenium polymers in her form fitting suit just to be sure and they mirrored their background right she said... And she stepped over too D and the team throwing her to her shoulder she saluted him as would a soldier on the field of battle to their C.O. she dropped the arm just as fast as it went up and said "Ready when you are Smokey..."
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 19 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm

"Wait a moment. You mean, all of a sudden we do go in now? You know you risk getting caught now and their security shut tighter than a humanis club members behind in a gay bar?" She crossed all four arms before her chest in a gesture of disagreement.

"Hardwire can get the camera positions from the matrix, right? And then what? Make lion king invisible to them? Good idea. But then, if it works, why not doing the actual run now? If you get through we haven't learned anything we wouldn't have learned anyway. But if you get caught you make it a lot harder for us to do our actual job." She turned to smoken D. "Do you really think that's a good idea? I don't." She sighed, but didn't let the others take a breath to reply just yet. "We should keep the element of surprise on our side. And then, when we do the actual run, I can get Tyvin concealed by a spirit or something. Or myself as I go in and make the employees get out, as was the plan." It was obvious she wasn't happy about the most recent development in the slightest.

Back to top Go down
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer
CrowDancing

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 19 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 9:53 pm

The trunk opens for KC as she walks towards it, He passes close by KC and says softly to her.  Thank you.  He takes another long drag as he again leans on Martha's roof.
His cigarette finished already he kills it in Martha's ashtray while Raén goes off.  He uses the cover to allow himself a smile of appreciation for her response, it's how his gut feels about it too.  Fragging right this is insane.  I think we fragging need him, and I fragging know he'll bloody do it with or fragging without us.  Alone his fragging chances are fragging nil, meaning we all fragging lose.  This way... maybe.  Those thoughts kill his smile and bring him back to the task.
Look, I've already expressed my opinion on this and so has Tywin.  If he does it solo he might trip something totally unseen and then he is fragging pooched and the run is fragging hooped.  Together we have a much greater chance of pulling it off.    He looks at the others, pausing on Raén before looking directly at Tywin, chromed steal to reflective amber.   So if your going in for a look then we help and we keep it as short as possible.  Yes?
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Number of posts : 612
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Night Fist
Race: Ork
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 19 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 9:45 am

HardWire sits back in the car and says "I was planing on slow probing the system so I could hack it in a couple of hours if I have to hack the system on the fly we do have a better chance at getting geeked. The let me know what you want slow probing hack taking 2 maybe 3 hours so we have better stealth or crack the system now and hope I get a good draw of cards on this one. Either way I will be able to get you the system info." Scratching at his took on his head HardWire tries to think what might be best. "If we have some tiny drones why not send them in and give me the time to slow hack the system less likely we will be found out and we can still have Tywin tell our rigger where he wants the drone to snoop for him. Also I could cast an invisibility spell on the drone it might make my hacking a bit harder but should help keep the drone hidden from any cameras or other devices. Only down side is the spell might be spotted if they have a mage but if our mage astral watches the device she should spot the mage first. Oh ya you might want another astral looks see at the personal and see astrally what cyber and magic they have. Thats my two cents send in a drone directed by Tywin astrally check out ever person and let me have 2 to 3 hours to slow hack the system."
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 19 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 10:25 am

KC Lake Side:

Catalina smiled her eyes becoming slits when she herd SD's thanks. She did not bother with a no problem it was understood already... Rean was quite verbal in her disagreement, and KC's mind concurred, but she had been verbal about it already and so had D(why beat a dead horse right?)... She considered the idea that Tywin would ruin the run with his "I'll do as i please attitude..." Female Fratilo Agents were taught to move in teams, and too follow orders, and protocol... There were rules to adhere too... Mainly chain of command issues... Tywin did not seem like a follow the rules type... Joker was a similar wild card, she had considered... But Tywin seemed different somehow, his posture seemed to her as if their considerations were not worth listening too, even at the potential cost of the mission, he was going to do as he pleased... She wondered is that how he felt... "Was he bluffing...?" If that was indeed the case, then he would have to have their help, as she could not allow the mission to go south... Who knew what would happen to her... Her team... If it did that is, and what would the agency do to her if she failed... It was not exactly family(save for Angelo the closest she had), and the Cost of failure, could very well be termination... She did not think too hard on it... Besides Angelo would never let that happen... "Would he...?" Looking Tywin square... In the Eyes... Giving not an inch... "I was not there when you saved his hoop..." Nodding noticeably in the hacker's direction. "So here's to hoping your Better then you say you are..." She turned to move back to D pulling a Magazine for the rifle out and turned back to Tywin without stopping her stride, and Said with a big beaming smile "But if your not... Don't worry... I'm better then they say I am..." and she slammed the cartridge in locking it in place... She turned back to D without looking for reply, nor did she listen... She was every bit as good a shot as she had stated... And she was going to be on his shoulder the whole time she thought he should know...

"Locked and loaded D! So I'm gonna go move into a good spot... Ill be on the far east side of the building that should give me line of site down the North, and South length of the building, Go to far west, and i can't help, until I reposition. Leeets try to avoid that eventuality please..." she looked to Hardwire "Send your Agent... We gotta trust each other sooner or later" She started off to get to her position first... "Give me five to set up" she said to everyone... And lastly looked At Tywin for a final nod of approval to him... You could call cat many things but you would have to include professional to the list when it was time to cover each other... "Counting on you Mufasa..." She smiled, and quietly ran off into the night, with her armaments, Alone...
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Number of posts : 1442
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 19 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 11:08 am

KC:
KC trots across the parking lot and into the trees lining the Lake Park. The corps of trees isn't very wide, so she makes it to the other a just a few minutes. She slows to a slow walk as she approaches the edge of corps. She notices that her earlier calculations were a bit off. The building lines up more SW-NE than N-S. She starts to circle around the the SW to avoid having to cross the paved road leading up to the facility.

After a few minutes she realizes that the facility, across a large close cut lawn with no trees or obstructions to hide line of sight, is also at the top of a hill. As she nears circles around the hill to the NE side, she realizes that her plan on getting to a high position wont work. The towers in the facility are the highest position around. And that would mean getting all the way up to the fence without being seen.

Given the large flood lights that surround the fence, they doesn't seem like an easy task.
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 19 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 7:09 pm

HardWire rubes his eyes thinking of the best way to hack the system on the fly, get all the info the team wants, and not set off all the alarms of the base. "Well I should skate in if I don't try for the primo high level access, I could get the low end log in most likely not get spotted. I wont be able to tell the cameras what to do but I could find out where they are most likely." After the short talk to himself HardWire he decides to let the team decide. "I have the best chance at not setting off the alarms if I slice a low level account, I will not be able to take control of their systems but I might get us more intel on the site. That is what I think is best if you want me to kick in the door instead of taking hours to slow probe the site." HardWire decides to wait until the group leader gives him a clear go ahead before he breaks down the door. Also he adds. "If you really want to go sneaking up on this place I could summon a spirit in a few seconds that should be able to cast an invisibility spell on you will glow with it on the astral but cameras and normal eyes will most likely never see you."
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 19 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 8:02 am

KC bottom of the hill:

Catalina was good at her job but for the life of her she could not figure out how to get a good shot off under these conditions... It did not bod well for anyone trying to climb the hill and infiltrate the fortress like facility she fired off her honest opinion in a text to the team so that they could all be on the same page...

Message to team:

This is KC i don't like this I cant get a decent vantage point for any kind of support this way... I don't like it Smokey D i don't like this at all i recommend someone keep furry company Raen, or me if you want but I can't cover from this position Somebody better get a breach plan for up hill. Or this is gonna be short reeeal short... If you want me to stay put or return i need to know... If you want I should start making my way up let me know that too KC out...

End Message:

With that done she gives the team time to talk amongst them selves and come up with some kind of reasonable plan for breaching the facility... Something better then "1,2,3, go, go, go!" which seemed like the current plan... Just encase she was given the go ahead she pressed the Stealth AR button after the send key and her COM, Formfitting body armor and Rifle all registered as stealth next to their peripheral icons... Her once sleek form blurred slightly out of focus, as Ruthenium polymers met electronic current... her thermal signature had been masked already by the armor... She laid on her belly and Peered up at the wall through her scope... waiting for an order...
Back to top Go down
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer
CrowDancing

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 19 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 11:48 pm

Silence descends on the others as KC heads off into the trees. A silence that stretches for several uncomfortable minutes until their comms all chime an incoming message.  He reads KC's text the instant it hits his comm and has to stop his hand from going for another smoke.  Instead he looks up to make sure everyone else has read KC's message and checks the time and sighs.  K, this is getting stupid.  It's almost 03:00, KC has no over-watch position and, as Hardwire says, the risk is serious for a fast slice.  If we go for the slow slice you'll be going over around 05:00, too much light.  Tywin, sorry but the recce is a wash.  We can't afford to loose you in the attempt and can't properly cover you without increasing the risk of detection beyond acceptable.
He calls KC's comm, opting for voice over text, and making sure the others around him can hear his words as he speaks.  KC.  Come back, this is a wash.  Time to figure our next few moves, and sleep.  Keeping the call open he turns the comm mic on so KC can hear the others as well as chime in.  Then he scrubs at his face briefly.  Sorry folks.  I've been going since 05:00 yesterday now, and need to crash pretty soon. I still have a morning meet for some ammo today.  With that thought he lights another cigarette without truly being aware of it.  Look, I can drop off anyone who needs the lift but then I'm crashing for at least a tick or two.  We can meet up tomorrow around 12:00 at my doss.  Sound off chummers, everyone green on that?  He smokes and waits for everyone to respond, and KC's return.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 19 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:48 am

KC bottom of the hill:

"Roger that Smokey" She said a smile on her face as she pictured him standing with a smoke in his hand "I'm on my way" With that Catalina eased away from the base of the incline and started back... She was impressed with D He was stepping it up making some of the hard decisions... And she had to admit... made him kind of cute...
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 19 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 1:19 pm

HardWire is happy he gets to slow probe the system he can get better access with less risk then quick hacking a low access level. "Hey D dude I was hoping you could drop me at my pad and pick me up for the meet tomorrow I seem to have any good wheels to race over to your place in. I'll try and get started on that slow slice for you crazy cats." HardWire decides once he arrives at his pad he will start a slow slice of the system but might suit up and skate himself a little distance from his pad to help curve any trace programs.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 19 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 5:21 am

Siona smirked self satisfied. Good boy. She thought, looking at SmokenD. Now if he'd only quit smoking. I'd gladly call him just D if he did.

The elf girl climbed back into Martha. It will take months to get that stench out of my clothes. Aloud she said: "We should head back then, get some sleep or prepare stuff. Our time frame is tight. And we should use it well."

Siona fastened her seatbelt with two hands. The other two were tucked at her sides as comfortable as possible. People just didn't concider her needs when building stuff. Maybe a motorbike? I'd have enough room for my arms there. I just need to learn to drive, then. And on the wrong side of the lane at that. She sighed. I want to go home.
Back to top Go down
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer
CrowDancing

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 19 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 11:48 am

Darkon wrote:
"We should head back then, get some sleep or prepare stuff. Our time frame is tight. And we should use it well."

As soon as Raén mentions sleep the gravity seems to increase, dragging more insistently at his tired flesh.  He considers another smoke to help jazz himself up again but quickly veto's that thought.  My brain is already spinning on caffeine and nicotine, another smokes just gonna make me twitchy and tired...  He sighs and rubs his face for a moment before nodding agreement to Raén.  Your right Raén.  I seriously need to crash soon.  Looking in at Hardwire and Raén he asks.  So where do you two want to be dropped off?  I have no problem driving you, just need an addy, or you can crash on my couch.
He catches a glimpse of motion and turns to watch KC gracefully lope out of the trees.  He stops to enjoy the view and only as she reaches them does he react.  First by blushing, then with a thought the trunk pops open for her case and then his mouth starts working again.  KC need a ride back or are you with Tywin?  As the words leave his mouth his mind jumps and he almost stammers.  For a ride.. back.  WTF did I just say!  I fragging sound like a dreck-hooped pathetic fragging null!  Suddenly very uncomfortable he lights another smoke and jumps back into Martha, hoping his face doesn't look as red as it feels and using the smoke as a screen.
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 19 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 12:07 pm

HardWire gives Smoken D his address so he can get dropped off at home. " I will do my best to slow probe my way into the system Hopefully I will get some good intel on the place."

Once HardWire gets home he grabs his stealth suit turns it's moves out the back door of the house trying to keep himself hidden from any on lookers then skates himself a few blocks from his house, after he has made some distance form his house HardWire will start doing his hack.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 19 EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 8:01 pm

Smoken D's Dross:
It had been a long day. And night! He finally got home about a quarter to 4. The drive back from Snohomish was uneventful, but dropping off HardWire and Siona meant he had to drive all the way to Queen's Hill and through Downtown before he could head back to his place. At least KC had hitched a ride with Tywin, Not that it mattered, she would have been the easiest to drop off seeing as her hotel was only a couple of blocks from his place. He found the remnants of the beer he'd been nursing before heading out on recon. Throwing that back he trundled off to bed to catch as much sleep as he could before Annice called.

KC's Renton Inn Room:
KC was tired when she walked into the lobby of the Renton Inn. The ride back with Tywin had been quiet. He was obviously unhappy about not being able to do physical recon on the target. But he never said anything after Smoken D pulled the op. She could help but wonder if he'd had similar training to her. Something about him told her he was used to leading, but not being a stranger to orders either. She stopped thinking about Tywin as she approached her door. A new wave of energy was coming over her as her hand reached for the handle. This would be her first night outside of the compound. AND she would be alone. Wouldn't she? Or would Angelo still be here? She didn't know how she felt about that. On the one hand, she wanted to prove to him that she could do this job without him being there, but on the other... she'd never been alone. Not in her whole life.

Taking a deep breath, KC walks cautiously into her room. It's empty. No Angelo, No one. Her last contact with him had been while on the road coming back from the op. She'd sent out a quick comm-message detailing the recon job and target. She decided to send a message to him letting him know she was back at the hotel and going to sleep when she saw the note on the table.

You're doing really well. If this mission is successful, I have been granted permission to take you on a retreat training op in the Salish-Sidhe territories. Real nature, critters, and clean air. Not a Simsense Simulation this time. You've made me proud.

Siona at Elaine's Condo:
Siona was the first one Smoken D had dropped off. She was also the most rested in the car since she hadn't gotten up until the early afternoon the day before. So the post-3 AM entrance was rather routine for her at this point. Elaine was most likely in bed already. The condo was quiet. The lack of noise was almost enough to drive Siona from the place in search of a party or club. But that would mean getting a ride, and at this hour, most of the poor slots she had managed to wrap around her finger were likely too drunk or high to be of any use.

Tywin's Den:
Tywin arrived at his "Den" not long after dropping of KC at her hotel. He was still irritated that the team couldn't get behind his idea to do a physical recon on the place. And he was a bit irritated that the team "leader" so easily changed his mind. Yes, a good leader always took into account changing circumstances, but Smoken D didn't even seem to try and come up with a solution to the problem of getting KC into a good position. One of the two Mages should have been able to do something to get her into an Eagle-eye view, right? But that was the past, and Tywin had enough past memories to haunt his nights. This little evening's misadventure didn't even rate a blip on the radar.

He took some time to unstring his bow and check the edges and fletchings before turning in for the night. Tomorrow was going to be a long day.

HardWire, all-night Cyber-cafe:
For what he wanted to do, HardWire felt it would be best if he was in a place that net traffic was at least the norm.

Jacking into the Matrix brought him up on the Public Grid in Downtown Seattle. The Node he wanted took a while to find in all the traffic that was visible. Unlike the streets, which were mostly empty at 4 am, the 'trix was humming with activity. It didn't help that the Node he wanted was in Snohomish, but that distance was relatively small in the Matrix. Once he found it in the sea of lights, Icons, and consumer ads for sexual enhancements and assurances of lotto winnings waiting to be claimed in Freetown, HardWire got to work.
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 19 EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 6:40 pm

HardWire is burning the midnight oil on this one he doesn't want to let the rad runner group he just joined down. Once he locates the node to the site he is looking for he takes a drink form his soy caff. "This drink best keep my edge on for the night." HardWire starts to slow probe the site with his hacking skill wires fired up and running.

HardWires Dragon Persona starts to make small puffs of fire that start to touch the entrance node trying to find a week spot in the cyber armor it is sporting

Probe Hack:

Once inside the system HardWires dragon form first starts to analyze his surroundings then takes out a summoners spellbook and conjures up a small flying eye ball. This Search program is used to find the location of where the camera feeds are keep. This will be the first look for any intel to help the group, this whole time HardWires Steatlh program is doing it's best to keep the dragon out of site of anything online that would sound an alarm, and his analyze program is looking to see if anyone stops by to scan HardWire.

Analyze/Search:
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 19 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 10:27 am

HardWire, all-night Cyber-cafe:
It took a couple of hours, but he was finally in! The host was skinned to look like a Typical DogWagon Clinic. From looks of things, it was a terminal in the loading bay. He could see the Icons which would trigger the doors, and the file directory naming convention was similar to what his dad used for their delivery check list. While the node wasn't on an active alert, HardWire did notice a patrolling IC scanning the icons on the Node. It didn't seem to have noticed him yet. There were two additional nodes connected to this one, but he would need to scan them directly to know where they went.

He figured he had time to at least scan the data files before worrying about the IC. After a quick search he locates the facility's delivery schedule. Raw material deliveries are made once a week, and the next delivery is at 17:00 PST, tomorrow.

Smoken D's Dross:
The sleak-black cat was playing with him. Herding him along a path that led deeper into the jungle. Every time he thought it grown bored with it's game with would appear again. Teeth bared snapping at his legs, claws raking the air near his face. He was tired, so tired. Then, it struck!

Smoken D awakens with a start! His muscles are cramped and he was covered in sweat like he'd been running for hours. His shoulder, where the cat had sunk its teeth, throbbed in empathy to the nightmare wound. He blinks his bleary-eyes, rubbing his shoulder. It had just been a dream then... His heart nearly jumped through his chest when his commlink sprang to life only seconds later, buzzing and ringing like it was the Chinese New Year.

Looking at the AR clock in his tiny bedroom window, He sees that it is just after 6 am. I bet I know who this is... she would call me this early knowing I was out late... What'cha got for me? He said as he answered the insistent link. Sure enough Annice was on the other side of the line when he picked up.

Annice wrote:
What? No, "Morning, Annice?" No, "How are you doing, Annice?" Honestly, if you weren't such a steady customer I'd have to charge you double for forgetting how to be civil most days.

Smoken D wrote:
Gimmie a break! I've had a long night and not enough sleep. It's not like you treat me any better most of the time...

Annice wrote:
Whatever, listen I found a guy who said he'd get you your order. It's going to be expensive though, especially under the time frame you wanted. 21-45.

2,150¥! How could she think that this was...

Annice wrote:
I know what you are thinking. It's expensive. But this is a clean piece, and he said he could even have it registered to a SIN for you at cost if you wanted. It will take about three days for that though. Sorry. So? We gotta a deal or what?

Smoken D wrote:
What choice do I have? You've got me, where do I meet you?

Annice wrote:
I don't have time to meet you today hon. It'll be at Run Run Shaw's, on the corner of South Weller Street and 6th Avenue South in Downtown. Your pass phrase is White Extra. Don't just walk in their and say "White Extra." Work it into the conversation like I told you. Do you remember that time when you were supposed to get me a package from that Yakuza strip joint? I still can't work with that crew without them all screaming "FEEL MY JUNK!" at me.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 19 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 4:44 pm

KC Renton Inn:

The room was quite was not that big not much bigger then the room she shared with Hilda back on the compound she wondered if that was significant... "Like do they do that on purpose?" she wondered up and till now everything that she could remember was training and now she was living the life she trained for she got ready for shower time. But stopped on the way to the bathroom looking around the room kinda Looked like her room to save the bunk beads "Kinda looks like Hilda's been here" Her room mate was notorious on the compound for being neat and clean, the neatest out of all the girls... The roomer was that Marcus her handler had, OCD and She desperately needed to please him, the all desperately needed to please there "Big Brothers..." It was odd to her, but at the same time she had been conditioned to deal with it, that was what it was... "Is there anything else...?" She wondered aloud, but Hilda was not there to answer. She was alone so she thought about the mission, as she plopped on the bed after a shower she so loved showers they seemed to wash away everything... And the dirt too...

turning her head on the pillow she considered her freedom to do what she pleased but all she could come up with was "Do a good job make Anglo proud" weird but he was uncountable the best male "Fratillo" in the compound the nicest most thoughtful and she really did want to do a good Job she always put in 110% some times 150% effort she knew because Angelo would read the data back to her from her Op training, progress reports, to Angelo all criticism was good bad or not. All the comments from her trainers some of it was painful some of it pleasant... As if on cue she turned her head on the pillow looking to the left to turn, and scan for the light switch pad on the desk... There it was a note with Angelo's perfect cursive hand writing on it with her name spelt out as if every letter had be carefully placed... In an instant she was up "How did I not...?" Her thoughts cut off by the sound of his voice in her head...

Wreck wrote:

KC's Renton Inn Room:
KC was tired when she walked into the lobby of the Renton Inn. The ride back with Tywin had been quiet. He was obviously unhappy about not being able to do physical recon on the target. But he never said anything after Smoken D pulled the op. She could help but wonder if he'd had similar training to her. Something about him told her he was used to leading, but not being a stranger to orders either. She stopped thinking about Tywin as she approached her door. A new wave of energy was coming over her as her hand reached for the handle. This would be her first night outside of the compound. AND she would be alone. Wouldn't she? Or would Angelo still be here? She didn't know how she felt about that. On the one hand, she wanted to prove to him that she could do this job without him being there, but on the other... she'd never been alone. Not in her whole life.

Taking a deep breath, KC walks cautiously into her room. It's empty. No Angelo, No one. Her last contact with him had been while on the road coming back from the op. She'd sent out a quick comm-message detailing the recon job and target. She decided to send a message to him letting him know she was back at the hotel and going to sleep when she saw the note on the table.

You're doing really well. If this mission is successful, I have been granted permission to take you on a retreat training op in the Salish-Sidhe territories. Real nature, critters, and clean air. Not a Simsense Simulation this time. You've made me proud.

It was great she was So happy though tired, everything had been going her way or at least the way she hopped for and... He was proud.... Dreams of out doing her big brother in the council lands filled her head or at least she would have fun trying! She was not sure Angelo had any magical buffing like her she could not see the astral realm But he was one hell of a combatant and had a lot to teach... With those thoughts young Catalina fell asleep...Zzzzz
Back to top Go down
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer
CrowDancing

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 19 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 9:45 pm

Annice, how many times do I have to say it.  I am sorry.  And she was not exactly a 'she', and he/she grabbed my 'junk' first.  With a groan he pulls himself upright.  K, Run Run Shaw's, White Extra, got it.  Fraggin gonna need a lot of caffeine today.  He mutters around a fresh lit cigarette.  Thanks Annice.  I'll get back to you about the SIN link in a few days.  Ciao.  
He cuts the call and finishes his smoke before dragging himself up and into the shower, the kitchen already heating some facsimile of coffee with a painfully high caffeine content for him as he steps out of the shower.  It takes another cigarette and a full cup to kick start him into any real action, the first being clothes.

In Martha he plots and enters a course for her that, thanks to traffic, would be close to an hour at best and he gets a better idea.  Setting an alarm he yawns, leans back in the seat and naps on the way.
Traffic is kinder than expected and only 40 minutes later his alarm goes off as Martha pulls up to the closest parking spot.  With a curse he rubs his face and lights a smoke, taking the time to wake up again and scope the street.  He spots the drop place easily enough, being parked right in front of it.  He gets out and finishes his smoke before making for the doors.
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 19 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 11:57 am

As HardWire walks around the Doc's matrix he knows his stealth program is changing his looks to seem like he is in the right office. Once the intel on the deliver date he makes a note of all it's details. HardWire know that he has to move fast he needs to find the security data, cameras and sensors being the big thing. With that running through his mind he skates over to another node to attached to this one hoping he will find the security details.

Once in the new node the dragon icon hidden under a doctors skin icon so he blends in goes to work first analyzing the area for IC, alerts, and attached nodes then to browse this icon for a link into the security info. First with The Doc Dragons keen eyes he looks around to spot any thing important then he breaths his small fire scouts to find the security cameras and security sensors data.

Node #2 search:
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 19 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 2:57 pm

Wreck wrote:
Siona at Elaine's Condo:
Siona was the first one Smoken D had dropped off. She was also the most rested in the car since she hadn't gotten up until the early afternoon the day before. So the post-3 AM entrance was rather routine for her at this point. Elaine was most likely in bed already. The condo was quiet. The lack of noise was almost enough to drive Siona from the place in search of a party or club. But that would mean getting a ride, and at this hour, most of the poor slots she had managed to wrap around her finger were likely too drunk or high to be of any use.

"I probably should get some sleep. But there is nobody waiting for me in my bed and I'm not that tired yet." The four armed elf girl told herself. She went for the kitchen, raiding the fridge. Her thoughts reeled inside the pretty head of hers: A real run. A really real run. Not just a one hour job, but something real! Dangerous! It's so exciting. And real. Not just trid. Not even simsin. But real. Siona couldn't help but grin about how things were happening as she took a bottle of vodka and half a pack of strawberry flavoured squishy goo, mixing both in a cup and stirring it. The end product had the consistency of yoghurt, tasted sweet and contained about as much alcohol as the average partygoer at 9pm. "Ah. The perfect good night drink." She 'drank' some of it, savoring the taste as she went to her bedroom. When she entered it, she felt the slight tingle on her skin that told her the small lodge she built here was still holding. In here, she felt at home... mostly. And safer than anywhere else on this drek continent.

Siona undressed and laid down on her bed. Smokey and KillerCat are alright. For non elves. I'm not sure about that hacker guy yet. If he behaves, he might be useful. But that lion boy... he should learn his place before doing business. I'll teach him in due time... With that thought, she emptied the cup, turned over, and cuddled into her pillows. It did not take long for her to drift off into sleep.

It was late morning when the magician woke up. Elaine hadn't been up much longer. The shower was running next door. That probably was what woke Siona in the first place. With a yawn and a stretch, she got up. Uhnf... breakfast. Elaine still occupied the shower. So Siona went to the kitchen again. Soykaf, cereal, shower... sounds like a plan. And then she could contact the others for a meet and further planning.

Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 19 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 2:12 pm

Smoken D:
Smoken D realizes as he gets out of his car that he might be at Run Run Shaw's a bit early. It's only 7 AM and the sign on the door says it doesn't open until 10:30. He realizes that he was running on auto pilot himself when he realizes he didn't even bother to check and see when the place was open.

HardWire:
HardWire enters the new node and a quick analysis shows that the node has gone to a passive alert. The system isn't actively seeking him out, yet... The skin layout reminds HardWire of an industrial manufacturing site. Further poking around shows him that this node holds the programs which operate the facility's machinery. There are several files with lists of chemicals, formula for the proper mixture for the production of med kits and a handful of slap patches. There is also a file with a production schedule. A truck arrives every day at 4 PM to pick up that day's product.

In addition to the node he came through, there is one more connected to this one.
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 19 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 4:52 pm

As HardWire detects that he has set off an alarm he starts to think it might be time to cut out of the site. There was no way he was going to let a little Passive alert leave him with only the little data that he has so first he copies the info the new node has give then it was time for him to make a backdoor to the node. "When the run starts any edge I can get to skate into this site the better. I might not have the camera feeds yet but best make sure I can get inside undetected." HardWire starts the editing and stealthing of the account hoping he doesn't get any higher level alerts.

HardWire has his silver dragon form start hammering at a keyboard to start the account creating process

Hidden Account:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chance at the Majors IC
Page 19 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next