Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeShadowrun 5th Edition  - Page 3 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Shadowrun 5th Edition

Go down 
+7
Kesslan
Wreck
MisterBook
Gala
No_Name
Ghostmaker
Yogismith
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Number of posts : 1442
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Race: Human
Sex: Male

Shadowrun 5th Edition  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun 5th Edition    Shadowrun 5th Edition  - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 12:58 pm

I remember! When I first saw the resource cap for 4th I thought I'd never be able to buy anything, but then I noticed that they lowered the price on a lot of the more expensive stuff.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun 5th Edition    Shadowrun 5th Edition  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 8:25 am

5th ed went on pre-order today. You can buy the pdf right now if you don't want to wait for a hardback. It is also $20 verses the Hardback's $60 price tag. The hard back does come with a promo-code to provide you with a cool looking (but not exactly better) item for SR:O. Amazon currently has the HB's pre-order mark-down price at $36.

I can't afford any of these as I just had to buy a new computer. But if any of you buy it, let us know what you think!
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun 5th Edition    Shadowrun 5th Edition  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 10:10 am

Ooh!! Thanks for the update Wreck! I will most definitely be buying both the HC and the PDF! I'll be looking around for a deal that offers them together - since I use both so heavily, I always try to get the combination deal.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun 5th Edition    Shadowrun 5th Edition  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 10:32 am

Not sure why the PDF isn't available right now... Something about the version they sent out to BattleCorps and DriveThrew being wrong. DriveThrew jumped the gun and was selling the "old" version for a couple of hours this morning. But the "right" version is still being withheld. 

As the HB wont be out for a few weeks, you will have to wait for any such deals. Wink
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun 5th Edition    Shadowrun 5th Edition  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 12:09 pm

I take that back. Battlecorps is selling bundles. With all of the different HB editions. So man options... so expensive!
Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2012-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun 5th Edition    Shadowrun 5th Edition  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 6:08 am

Looks like ill be picking up a copy of the 5th edition rules. Yay! Not sure which version (HB or PDF).
Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun 5th Edition    Shadowrun 5th Edition  - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 6:30 am

Looks like ill probably get the PDF version as its considerably cheaper. It will have to wait till my vacation is over and I'm home.

I saw be earlier conversation here about priority A for resources and if going that high would be necessary. It will be. Many of the cyber and bioware have seen significant price increase. Here is a bit I took off Jackpoint that someone put up.

Quote from: Michael Chandra on July 04, 2013, 01:35:24 PM
They increased specific implants. We have yet to see full numbers that would lead to a conclusion where all implants cost more.

checking samples
bone lacing plastic 5000 -> 8000, aluminium 15000 -> 18000, Titanium 40000 -> 30000
Dermal Plating 5000/rating -> 3000/rating
Skillwires 2000/rating -> 20000/rating (but skill chips cheaper)

Wired Reflexes 11000 -> 39000, 32000 -> 149000, 100000 -> 217,000

Bone Density Augmentation 20000/rating -> 5000 / rating
Cat's Eyes 7500 -> 4000

Muscle Augment & Muscle toner up as discussed (3 or 4 times as much per rating)
Orthoskin 30000/rating -> 6000/rating

Move by wire is not in the core rules from what I hear.

Platelet Factories 25000 -> 17000
suprathyroid 45000 -> 140000

Cerebral Booster 10000/rating -> 31500/rating
Damage Compensators 15000/rating -> 2000/rating

Synaptic Booster 80000/rating -> 95000/rating

Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun 5th Edition    Shadowrun 5th Edition  - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 7:13 am

True, but there have been a lot of changes in cyber/bioware. Including the change in the essence cost calculations. It is no longer 50% of the lower type: 2 cyber + 1 Bio =/= 2.5 anymore. It is now 3.

There are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo many typos and errors in the pdf (and the first printing of the book). Shadowrun.com has a quickly increasing list of those.
Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun 5th Edition    Shadowrun 5th Edition  - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 7:41 am

Yeah the loss of half of the lower is pretty big for a street Sammy imo.

And you are right on the typos. I've been trying to keep up on them when I've been able to. A big one is the mistake with mystic adepts. It says only 2 karma to buy 1 pp worth of adept powers at creation. It looks like it should have been 4 or 5.

Still from what I can see it does look pretty decent overall.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun 5th Edition    Shadowrun 5th Edition  - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 7:44 am

That's not a typo. That was the original rule. There are rumors of errata to up it from 2 to 4. The biggest thing people are griping about is that MAs are soooo much better than Aspected Magicians, that it never makes sense NOT to pick an MA over an AM (unless it's for RP reasons of course).
Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun 5th Edition    Shadowrun 5th Edition  - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 8:53 am

Yes the MA's are broken no doubt. I pulled the following from Jackpoint. It was posted by Bull one I'd the designers of the Missions line.

Well, the official FAQ will be the go-to for core rules, but I just posted over in the Missions forum that for the time being, use "5 Karma" as the default. I don't know for sure how the final rule will shake out, but that's the "Missions Official" rule until that hits, so that Mystic Adepts are at least a little less broken (And we grandfather character creation stuff in, providing stuff "works", so characters created at Origins use the 2 Karma. Characters created today until the FAQ drop will use this number, etc.)

From the looks of it it could be anything from 3 to 5. At 2 it definitely broken.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun 5th Edition    Shadowrun 5th Edition  - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 9:27 am

I think they should just get rid of a "set" amount and scale it like you do with almost everything else. Heck, even just making it 1 Karma X New PP level would make them "less" broken. That would make 6 PPs = 21 Karma. I think using 5 is a bit over kill I'll explain why. 

Currently (According to everyone at Shadowrun.com), Mystic Adept don't buy PP's later in the game. It goes up every time the character's Magic Rating goes up (just like regular Adepts). This means starting the game with 4 PPs means that the Mystic Adept will always have a 2 PP gap that s/he can never fill.

Scaling' might also be overkill, because the only other similar "stat" in the game is Spells. And those have a set Karma cost per spell learned. Maybe PPs should be of equal cost to spells. But the biggest thing that would balance them would be to force them to buy every PP. No free ones. That would mean Karma cost for Magic Rating + PP + Spell. And that's before they een start to mess around with the Karma/PP cost.
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Number of posts : 612
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Night Fist
Race: Ork
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun 5th Edition    Shadowrun 5th Edition  - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 10:03 am

I'm waiting for the paper book to come out then I'm getting my hands on it but I'm SO going to make a mystic adept thing is I'm not doing it because I think I can get a broken character it is just what I like to play. I need the book so I can make 30 mystic adepts inorder to find out how to make my style of a decker mage martial artist.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun 5th Edition    Shadowrun 5th Edition  - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 10:10 am

I don't think we need to worry much about the MA. They will nerf it a bit, but not so much to make it highly under-powered again.

I want to make an MA Troll just to see how much damage he can really take. Of course, having PPs cost 5 karma each will be tough.
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Number of posts : 612
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Night Fist
Race: Ork
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun 5th Edition    Shadowrun 5th Edition  - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 11:16 am

I agree that it limits them alot but you use the karma at the start to max out get alot of negative qualities to allow you to get more karma to spend then mod the character a bit with that. That is my plan any ways I was looking at the character building priority system in the preview and I'm thinking a E, A, B, D, C build. I'll see how that goes for me, the hard thing is to get him some skills and equipment in decking, magic and martial arts.

I hope it is not too much longer until the paper 5th edition comes out I heard we might have to wait until Aug. That sucks.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun 5th Edition    Shadowrun 5th Edition  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 10:44 am

I went ahead and bought the pdf (despite all the typos/errors). I just couldn't help myself. No time to read through it at present, but... oh I so want to!

So... who is going to try and run 5th? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer
CrowDancing

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2012-05-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun 5th Edition    Shadowrun 5th Edition  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 11:02 am

I am intrigued but hampered by lack of funds. when I have a indulgence budget again, most definitely.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun 5th Edition    Shadowrun 5th Edition  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 11:15 am

I probably shouldn't have done it. I blew my indulgence budget on SR:O and a new computer. With my current contract ending in less than two weeks, and no replacement in sight... Just have to stay positive and keep pumping out those job aps.
Back to top Go down
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer
CrowDancing

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2012-05-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun 5th Edition    Shadowrun 5th Edition  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 11:46 am

LOL I know that story.
Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun 5th Edition    Shadowrun 5th Edition  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 7:58 am

A free PDF has been released for 4e conversion to 5e. Interesting to say the least.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun 5th Edition    Shadowrun 5th Edition  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 10:25 am

Yeah... That guide is only really good if you are converting higher level characters. Not ones that only have 1to6 runs under their belts. At that point they are significantly more powerful than a 5th ed character at that same point.

You figure a 4th ed character with 6 runs under his belt has earned around 30 Karma. Lets look at two typical starting character skill bases; These use the same number of skill points as Priority C (minus the Groups skill points)

Character A: 112 BP Active Skills
Primary Maxed Skill: 6
Secondary Skill: 4
Tetrary Skill: 3
Tetrary Skill: 2

Character A: +30 Karma
Primary Maxed Skill: 6
Secondary Skill: 4 -> 6 (22 karma)
Tetrary Skill: 3 -> 4 (8 Karma)

Character A: 5th ed conversion
Primary Maxed Skill: 6 -> 10
Secondary Skill: 6 -> 10
Secondary Skill: 4 -> 7
Tetrary Skill: 4 -> 7
Tetrary Skill: 3 -> 4
Tetrary Skill: 2 -> 3

Character B: 112 BP Active Skills
Primary Skill: 5
Primary Skill: 5

Character B: +30 Karma
Primary Skill: 5 -> 6 (12 Karma)
Primary Skill: 5 -> 6 (12 Karma)
Tetrary Skill: 2 -> 3 (6 Karma)

Character B: 5th ed Conversion
Primary Skill: 6 -> 10
Primary Skill: 6 -> 10

So assuming similar distributions for a 5th ed character using those same 28 skill points for a 5th ed Character, it would take
Character A Equivalent: 204 Karma!
Primary Skill: 6 -> 10 (68 Karma)
Secondary Skill: 4 -> 7 (36 Karma)

Character B Equivalent: 260 Karma!
Primary Skill: 5 -> 10 (80 Karma)
Primary Skill: 5 -> 10 (80 Karma)

Granted, a 5th Ed character is likely to have a few more Skill points if they chose to get Magic or Resonance. But those are huge differences to get equivalent characters in their top three skill categories.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun 5th Edition    Shadowrun 5th Edition  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Shadowrun 5th Edition
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3