Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeFresh meat 'Runner SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Fresh meat 'Runner

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ex3lev3n

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2012-12-29

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Fresh meat 'Runner Empty
PostSubject: Fresh meat 'Runner   Fresh meat 'Runner EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 4:29 pm

Hello, all. New to the site, just figured I'd drop a character concept out there and see what the rest of you think. I've played SR2 back in the late 90's and have recently gotten into 4e. My group has been in an ongoing campaign for 4 months and I enjoy the PbP format, so here's hoping to get in on a game =] The idea for the character is a SINless youth born and raised in Detroit, had to duck out after a botched run against Ares, spent some time running the shadows in CalFree and the PCC until he lost an arm (and his whole team) in a double-cross, and has recently ended up in Seattle... because, you know, Seattle breeds the best 'Runners (or they end up being sold for pieces)

Metatype
Male Human Caucasian; DOB: 2050

Attributes
B 3
A 3 (5)
R 5
S 3 (5)
C 3
I 5
L 3
W 3
Edge 5
Essence 5
BP: 230

Active Skills
Automatics (Machine Pistols +2) 2
Blades (Cyber Implants +2) 2
Dodge 3
Etiquette (Street +2) 2
First Aid (Combat Wounds +2) 2
Infiltration 2
Perception 3
Pistols (Revolvers +2) 2
Running 3
Shadowing 3
Throwing Weapons (Lobbed +2) 2
Unarmed Combat 3
BP: 132

Knowledge Skills
Action Trids 3
Chrome Rock 2
Corporate Security 2
Gun Trivia 2
Police Procedure 2
Street Gangs 2
Urban Brawl 2
VR Games 3
BP: 0

Language Skills
English N
Japanese 2
Sioux 2
Spanish 2
BP: 0

Qualities
Addiction (Mild, Alcohol)
Guts
Will to Live (Rating 3)
BP: 15

Contacts
Fixer 3/2
BP: 5

Gear and Lifestyle
DocWagon Contract (Gold, 1 Year); 2 Fake Gun Licenses (Ruger Super Warhawk, Steyr TMP, Rating 4 each); Fake SIN (Rating 4); Lined Coat; Low Lifestyle (1 Year) - 54,500 Nuyen

Augmentations
Right Obvious Full Arm with Cyberarm Gyromount, Enhanced Agility 2, Enhanced Strength 2, and Spur - 23,800 Nuyen

Weapons
2 Flash-Bang Grenades; 2 Fragmentation Grenades; 2 Thermal Smoke Grenades; Ruger Super Warhawk with Concealable Holster, Internal Smartgun System, 4 Speed Loaders, and 30 EX-Explosive Rounds; Steyr TMP with Internal Smartgun System, Quick-Draw Holster, 4 Spare Clips, Sound Suppressor, and 150 Regular Rounds; Survival Knife - 3,145 Nuyen

Matrix Gear
Hermes Ikon Commlink with Novatech Navi OS and Sim Module; AR Gloves; Glasses (Rating 4) with Flare Compensation, Image Link, Low-Light Vision, and Smartlink; 5 MapSofts (Denver, Detroit, Los Angeles, Sacramento, Seattle, Rating 6 each); Miracle Shooter (1 Year); Programs (Agent 3, Analyze 3, Browse 3, Command 3, Edit 3, Exploit 3, Spoof 3); Subvocal Microphone; 5 VR Games - 12,845 Nuyen
BP: 18
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Number of posts : 612
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Night Fist
Race: Ork
Sex: M

Fresh meat 'Runner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh meat 'Runner   Fresh meat 'Runner EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 12:31 pm

That is a good build the only thing I can think of is you might want to have the programs Encrypt and Stealth since Encrypt will make it harder to intercept your comm communications, and Stealth makes it alot harder for you to be detected when you are in hidden mod. Other then that you could get a vehicle too, but that is just me nit picking with too many games with out a rigger. To do this you could get a in debt negative quality of 5 bp allowing you to put 4 into a drive skill 1 into gear giving you an extra 10,000Y to spend. The extra money could be used for more cyberware or anything else that looks useful to you.

Just an idea your character looks good just the way he is, you don't really need any of these add ons.

Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2012-07-09

Fresh meat 'Runner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh meat 'Runner   Fresh meat 'Runner EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 1:37 pm

There's really no reason not to go to -35 in negative qualities. It's a good way to round out your character. Not to mention it would give you 30 more BP to work with. (I think I don't have my books handy)

I count 5 skills in which you can use to damage people all are at a mediocre level. Sorry to say.

With blades(cyber implants) you don really need unarmed combat as they are redundant and the cyber implants will always do more damage. Dropping unarmed (12 bp) combined with 30 more from neg qualities you could bump up pistols and automatics by 2 each (16 bp).

That would still leave you with 26bp to do more with.

Scawire's suggestion abou the Martix programs are a good idea. It's also a good idea to have a second, or a throw away comlink. Your main should always be in hidden mode.
Back to top Go down
ex3lev3n

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2012-12-29

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Fresh meat 'Runner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh meat 'Runner   Fresh meat 'Runner EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 4:21 pm

Thank you for the constructive criticism =] I see what you're saying about the low level combat skills, and I did have 4 Capacity left on that cyberarm... drop some of those redundant skills, add Cracking/Hacking Groups and put a Commlink and Hot Sim to the 'ware... could be a cool Hacker concept. Thank you again for your input
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Number of posts : 1442
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Race: Human
Sex: Male

Fresh meat 'Runner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh meat 'Runner   Fresh meat 'Runner EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 12:21 pm

I don't think they were suggesting making him a hacker, just that the progs would provide a little protection from hackers. The encrypt prog being the more important of the two as data can be captured even without finding your com.

I fully agree with Yogi about getting some negative qualities. These are really good for helping to create background and personality nuance. I usually go looking for negative qualities before I even figure out what my attributes are going to be. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fresh meat 'Runner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh meat 'Runner   Fresh meat 'Runner Empty

Back to top Go down

Fresh meat 'Runner
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowrun Online :: Library :: Archives :: Archives - :: Characters Concepts-
Jump to: