Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeLife Path For Shadowrun. SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Life Path For Shadowrun.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Number of posts : 1442
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Race: Human
Sex: Male

Life Path For Shadowrun. Empty
PostSubject: Life Path For Shadowrun.   Life Path For Shadowrun. EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 12:37 pm

I was reading through this (did it a couple of times for fun) Life Path for a D&D character... and thought, This would be great for shadowrun!

Except for some flavor text editing (and changing Extraplanar to Orbital?), this one actually works really well as it is. And don't think that you can't make a cool character concept. This was my first attempt:

Birth & Childhood
Place of Birth: Extraplanar; Raised in a plane other than the prime material (So this would need to be changed to something more appropriate, like Orbital Station or Different Continent)
Childhood Environment: Supportive; You were provided guidance and care and allowed room to grow and explore
Caretaker's Origin: On Your Own; Have had to rely on yourself for as long as you can remember.

Personal Preferences
Garb: Military; Like to keep your armor on always (And is SR, who doesn't? It doesn't really have to mean military uniform, but That the character is always fully protected)
Hair: Thick Braid; An elaborate, thick braid that takes up most of your hair.
Mark: Weapon; A weapon with unusual styling (Custom Design methinks)

Fate
Personal Enlightenment: Constitution; Training under a veteran or ex-mercenary, or time spent in harsh terrains, toughens you
Made a Friend: Creature with Animal Intelligence; You befriend a badger or horse, or even a random Displacer Beast you can no longer find (Pick a mundane critter, it's not a pet though). Royalty; A member of the ruling family with pull anywhere within the kingdom, some beyond (I know, kind of odd for a mundane animal, but you've seen dogs or cats that seemed to rull the neighborhood right? Same concept).
Windfall: Long Lost Someone; You find a sibling you never knew you had. Roll on the sibling tables. Single Older Girl . Lost Touch; It is unknown to you what became of this sibling
Made a Friend: Like a Foster Parent to You; This friend regails you with advice as well as cares for you. Clan; Close family ties translates into an extended family all willing to lay their lives for this individual
Made an Enemy: Childhood Enemy; An old face you hoped you would never see again. Peon; This person has no real pull, only has himself. Humiliation; Caused the loss of face or status publicly. Ignore; This person doesn't exist to you. You towards the other person; The animosity is from you for them. (I interpret this to mean that this kid I once knew really embarrassed me way back when. Now he is dead to me. Even to the point where I wouldn't give him 5 Nuyen for a Soykaf. Not only that, but he's a no-body now, and probably needs that cash just to get to work on time. He may or may not care one lick about me.)
Windfall: Travel; The opportunity arises to travel to far distant lands for 11 months (Maybe this is where I went and got that "Personal Enlightenment" from earlier. Roughing it in the wilds or working a long job in say... Africa).
Tragedy: Financial blow; You manage to lose all your gold/possessions (Maybe I was conscripted into a rouge military until I could escape? Or I got robbed on that long trip?)

What do the rest of you think? I mean, we could change it to use D6s (to keep with the SR theme). I know I'm going to consider it for my next character build. Even if I don't roll randomly, which is where the fun happens.
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Number of posts : 612
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Night Fist
Race: Ork
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: Life Path For Shadowrun.   Life Path For Shadowrun. EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 1:34 pm

I've seen it also in MechWarrior 3rd edition I always love playing someone who was once part of a Think Tank. That is why I make some shadowrunners with that in their background. You might notice I like making the same kind of characters over and over again since that is the character I like to play. I'm very happy I finally get to play a mage/hacker again since that is my most fav shadowrunner.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Number of posts : 1442
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Life Path For Shadowrun.   Life Path For Shadowrun. EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 3:26 pm

I just thought this would be really useful for people who have difficulty coming up with really solid backgrounds. Or people who have tired of making & playing the same personality type. It gives you some specific things to think about and make them flow well together. The 20 (or more if you want) Q's do something similar, but this lets you randomly decide stuff.

According to that Life Path block I need to take a couple of points for two contacts... although one is a mundane critter.... so I'm not sure how that works... and I have to take the Enemy neg quality.

I would also likely have a slightly higher than average Body because of the Personal Enlightenment entry.

Then there is also the Lost Loved One neg qual for the Long Lost Someone. Just found out I have a sibling out there somewhere... but they were kidnapped/went missing/we were separated at birth, etc.

The lost all my money Tragedy probably means that I'm in debt by some amount.

Then again, I don't have to make each of those a Quality or Attribute, I could just use them for background info/motivation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Life Path For Shadowrun.   Life Path For Shadowrun. Empty

Back to top Go down

Life Path For Shadowrun.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowrun Online :: General Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: