Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.
 
Shadowrun HomeHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Share | 
 

 A Time for Secrets

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: A Time for Secrets   Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:38 pm

Still playing the role of nonchalant lookout, Seig was only slightly aware that someone, or someones, was positioned near him, assumedly trying to get a better scan of their visitor. The only indication he had of this was a vague sense that the background count in his immediate vicinity had fluctuated. There was no other sign that he could detect.

Then Specter's inquiry crackled from his headset and Seig glanced back over his shoulder at the truck...then froze, his mouth partly open in preparation to respond. His words caught in his throat and his dark eyes widened at the sight of the somehow standing wall of water surrounding the vehicle. A bubbling, burbling sound emanated from the waterwall and, unless he'd taken total leave of his wits, the sound had been eeriley like a word, 'humans...'

Momentarily at a loss for what action to take, Seig simply stood there, mouth agape, until their immediate situation returned to him and he murmured through his comm:

"Threat level is undetermined at this time..."

He trailed off, again absorbed by the spectacle, and finally could hold back his curiosity no longer:

"You guys know the truck is surrounded by water, right?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 2140
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:17 pm

Kesslan wasn't at all sure what the heck Lil'T had said. He understood vague snippets of Spanish, but that was honestly only because Spanish, like other languages (though more so) had adopted some Nahuatl words and a little bit of Spanish had been adopted or modified into modern day Aztec used by Aztechnology. He didn't however really understand more than a word or two and none of it made any sense to him. "T, I have no idea what you just said." he responded over the subvocal "I'm going to move up and see if I can't get a better idea of who and what is out there. Looks like maybe two animals, maybe dogs. At least two metas. Stay ready for trouble but do not engage unless fired upon." with that he took a moment to slowly crouch down and mentally altered his masking a little. His natural form usually gave away his real nature, that of a jaguar. What he did this time was let that part show, for it would hide better among the other living auras of plants, insects and animals while doing his best to make his form look relatively mundane, or at least weak. If he was going to draw attention on the astral plane he preferred to be underestimated. On the physical he trusted in his suit to hide him as well as possible and make up for the height difference. He did however wish he'd learned to walk without leaving a trace the way some adepts could, but still, he wasn't completely a slouch in matters of stealth, though oddly despite his species he had grown up in cities and was actually far better at sneaking around in urban areas than in the wilderness. He took a deep breath of air before slowly exhaling and calmed his breathing as he worked to centre himself and concentrate on the world around him before starting to creep forward, moving through what cover he could find while doing his best to keep an eye on these unexpected individuals.

Agilty Boost: 1 Hit (+1 Agility, 2 Combat Turns)
Drain Resist: No Drain
Infiltration: 1 Hit (Just avoided a glitch)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 40
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:52 pm

"Yeah yeah my bad" LT spat in Spirithial And he added in the same language "message was not for yous Chica but that's fair ill stop lingo" Job had pressed LT's simple mind to absorb linguistics he said it was essential that he be this way when you communicate with someone on there level things go smoother. What he meant was as a spy he had to talk a lot of people, and that helped... And it did, line spoke no English. Moreover there were many LT had met in the streets that had spoken little to know English... But but this was not the street this was a professional operation and though he was young LT had a game face and he put it on...

Kesslen began his answers of "what the heck are you saying"... Basically... LT was about to reiterate when "AAAgGggGGah!! What the frag lady i was kidding!!" LT Fell over almost firing his sniper rifle but he had been on one knee so he was able to use a free hand to hold himself up... He knew his weapon was useless against such a thing, remembering the military base incident. His other hand had his rifle... He backed off hoping that his that his suit would work on a spirit that was physical, but it did not pursue him. It did not make aggressive movements it appeared to be some kind of defense... Possibly in response to what Siege had said... He got on the Sub-Vocal in a low but excited tone."Ashe, you two ok in there what the frag is going on." Kesslen passed through his head just then, and he remembered there were real possible threats here. And he brought his Berrett to bare and dropped again to one knee whispering too himself, and the elemental "O...k... Big boy yous don't hurt me, and I wonts hurts yous... Whos am i kidding this thing don't works on yer kind dose it. Wish i would of..." And he noticed just then the Mana flowing through his hands. The terrible magical energy... That allowed him to harm all things in his path, well most things he went up against. Even a spirit if he were forced too. but LT did not remember consciously summoning that specific ability... "What the.." he thought, but what he did was look through the scope of his rifle back where he'd seen the forms, and watched for aggressive movements... Thinking too himself "We seriously gotta run some training ops together..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:55 pm

Seij had heard and understood Specter's words in Sperethiel, but had not known their cause. LT's subsequent response had been only marginally more coherent as he had been surprised even more by the waterwall than Seij himself.

'Spirits,' Seij whispered to no one and a shudder jolted through his body. The 'undead,' as he could not help but think of spirits, made his fur want to crawl.

Far from understanding the ways of magicians - his own interaction with mana being infinitely more useful to his mind, Seij turned back to the matter at hand. The waterwall did not appear to be threatening either those inside the truck or around the aircraft, so he pushed the phenomena aside for the time being. He would, naturally, be interested to learn the 'whys' and 'wherefors' of such an action later when there was time, but right now he had more pressing tasks; namely, their furtive observers.

Seij fairly itched to engage these intruders, but Kesslan and LT would be best served by his maintaining an outward appearance of ignorance as to the presence of anyone other than the team. Once his 'performance' was unnecessary, however... A distinctly humorless grin quirked his lips briefly and was gone. His grip on his Urban Combat SMG tightened just as briefly before he relaxed his hands again.

Making sure not to glance in either of his hidden teammates direction, Seij continued to turn his head slowly left-to-right and back again; a) to support his act, and b) to maintain his own surveillance while seeming to be doing anything but.

The impulse to activate his own suit's camouflage system and 'go to ground' nagged at him, but he knew it would alert their visitors to the fact that they had been spotted. Best to wait until Kesslan gave the word, or the all-clear. Til then he had to keep a tight rein on himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1351
Age : 37
Location : Near Cologne
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:27 pm

"Can't you see them? Oh of course you can't. Fire elementals on the astral. One was less than five inches from my face!" She still sounded near panic. "They've got us surrounded. You outside jump for it!" Specter basically sat on Ashes lap by now, still staring at the minimal gap of the cars window she had used to peek outside with her astral sight.

"The water wall protects the car from the elementals. I hope. It's done by a water spirit." She explained hastily. When nothing started burning inside the car after a moment, the elf albino started to calm down a little. She tried to keep the elementals in view but the aura of the elemental which had stretched itself around the car blocked all view now.
Only now she became aware of how undignified her reaction had been. Again, Specter started to notice the warm softness under her hands, legs and backside. Oh excrement! I'm all over Ashe again. What must she think of me! "I... um..." Was all she managed to get out. Fortunately, this time the mask concealed not only her glowing blue light, but also the red hot blushing.

The shamaness tried to crawl back onto her own seat and away from Ashe, but her movements were fumbling, her hands landing on Ashes body more often. I should have let the elementals kill me on the spot. It would have been less embarrassing.

_________________
„I’m Talking to you. Don’t you understand English?” Talking
Talking for Wreck
Descriptions and deeds. Just like that.
thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:16 pm

Ashe recoiled. It wasn't so much disgust, or repulsion, it was nothing more than surprise. And quite a bit of it at that! Waking up to find Specter... Well...
"What in..." Ashe started, suddenly finding herself cut off by Specter's even more strange reaction to some sort of situation going on outside the truck. And then, again! Not once, not even twice... - What in the world is going on here?!? Ashe thought to herself, too shocked to react physically, nor to say anything. She laughed inwardly at the situation, and her reaction, as she heard herself sputtering.
"Wh... G.. Wha.... Ih...." Even more amusing, of course, was that she herself didn't even know what was failing to come out of her mouth!

Outside...
Whatever it was, or they were, they were paying attention. And close attention. There were a few moments while Kesslan though he might have succeeded in escaping notice while creeping forward. And they passed with an increasing sense of tension in the air. The tension which, of course, always comes with this sort of operation. But the tension, and the moments, passed quickly by; and before Kesslan was more than 10 meters from the plane, and still much too far to be able to really tell what he was looking at, they turned and fled. Likely they were fleeing at whatever was full-speed for them. You can chase, if you want to attempt it.
The distance to the edge of the woods about them was about half the distance that Kesslan would have to cover; so there was little chance he would overtake them. But he might be able to get close enough to get a read... Maybe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 2140
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:31 am

Chameleon coating on armour did help a lot to hide one's presence, as did thermal dampening but it still wasn't perfect and one needed to find ways of remaining silent as well. When the others ran he wasn't sure what had given him away but he figured he must have given himself away some how. The slight flicker and waver that would give away his position turned into a blurry mass as he broke out into a sprint after the fleeing figures. At this point he simply assumed they posed some sort of threat, perhaps being part of the group following them or simply people who were going to call the police or who know's what. He decided to throw some caution to the wind and trust the milspec armour he wore to protect him from anything physical in nature, while anything magical would be... complicated. As he ran he once more tried to draw focus to his body, though with only some success at aiding his speed.

Attribute Boost: STR 1 Hit
Drain Resist: 5 hits, No drain

Running Test: 5 Hits
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:13 pm

Hearing Kesslan Test 3

When Kesslan took off after the intruders, Seij's first instinct was to let the shifter do what he did best. Then a thought came to him, 'Could be just a ploy to get someone seperated from the pack...cut off and easily brought down.' So instead, he activated his own suit's camouflage system and, subvocalizing a quick heads-up to his buddy,

"Got your six, omae..."

he gave chase. There was no way he could match Kesslan's speed or agility - the guy was a jaguar, after all - but he could at least stay close enough to back up his teammate should the bogeys be lying in wait to spring a trap.

With his rhuthenium cloak activated, Kesslan was nothing more than a vague shadow among darker shadows, glimpsed only fleetingly and never long enough for even Seij's sharp eyes to track. However, the dark elf's hearing was keen enough to maintain at least some idea of where the jag-man was. In this way Seij managed to keep moving in the same general direction.

Scanning for Bogeys 2

Scanning the trees as best he could as they ran, Seij couldn't keep as close an eye as he'd have liked, running across the field and trying to follow Kesslan's movements by sound. He'd have to trust to the shifter's keener senses to alert them both to potential danger.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:14 pm

Game Stuff:
Kesslan - I need Assensing in your next post. You will be approximately 30-35 meters from them when they enter the trees; which will be close enough for an Assensing test.

Kesslan
Kesslan could easilly see that he was running faster than his prey. He was clearly closing distance much faster than they were approaching the forest. But they were so far to ahead...

Jagger
Keeping up with Kesslan was out of the question. But that didn't mean he couldn't get close enough... Kesslan, when he took off running, had stopped trying to be stealthy. Despite that, he was still fairly quiet. No one he was chasing was likely to hear him coming - but Seij knew what to pay attention to and wasn't trying to run away. Between then, Seij was able to keep track of Kesslan by sound. For a ways, anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 40
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:48 pm

"Recon mode off!" LT spoke into his PAN and the ruthinium polymers died down some at first revealing bits and pieces of the massive trolls arms legs and helmet. He stood up and shouldered his rifle "Damit! the whole Slotting teams giving chase now!" he looked to the plain "Screw it!" he grudgingly thought there was little time to run or attempt to run and he figured Seige and Kesslen could be playing right into the enemy's hands... "First you divide then you conqure..." Job would say...

He quikly turned for the truck then spoke again into his pan "Brings ups the rifdies tags" numbered images appeared in his vision each in a place where there was a team mate... there were two in the truck and one in the feiled and one was moving impossibley fast across towards the woods...

"Truck doors" oncemore speaking into the the doors popped open and he would have gotten in, were it not for the water elemental blocking his path "Frags it Spectors wes gots possible hostiles outs here, Kess and seige are in pursuit, and your water sports are in the way. Is that kings english enough for ya! I need my truck!!" It was an impossible situation for him on the one hand he could fight the thing for access but kess and Seige might not have that much time LT had to go and now...

"Truck Door close!" and the truck did as he commanded "Now thats my kind of AI Lock on to my Tag and pull up!" and the truck did once more as it was commanded to...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1351
Age : 37
Location : Near Cologne
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:56 pm

"I... I am sorry. It wasn't... I mean I didn't... on purpose." She looked at Ashe sheepishly. Fortunately, her expression was concealed by the mask she was wearing. Although her voice carried the embarrassment perfectly. "I... are you ok?"

Specter looked outside, or tried to. But the water spirit still surrounded the car. "Are they still out there?" The shamaness asked through the mental link, sending along the picture of the fire elementals.

The water spirits response also transmitted something like dignified annoyance. "There never had been any." It gave a heavy sigh, which made the surface around the car blubber. "Yes... they are gone. Can I go now?"




_________________
„I’m Talking to you. Don’t you understand English?” Talking
Talking for Wreck
Descriptions and deeds. Just like that.
thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
avatar

Number of posts : 225
Age : 29
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Alexia Mooie Vos
Race: Fox Shapeshifter
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:54 pm

Alexia circles around the location as the Cat runs off with a small entourage she stays by the others and the dome of water just waiting for something to happen. readying herself for the worst possible outcome but hoping that that's not going to be the case.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 2140
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:49 am

Kesslan doesn't slow down at this point but continues to try to race after the fleeing figures. He was still aware of the potential for an ambush or for them to drop down and turn to fire but he had already committed and needed to try and figure out just who had been tracking them all this time.

Aura Reading 2 hits
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:31 am

Seij was falling behind. Kesslan could outdistance the dark elf without breathing hard, and the shifter was going all-out trying to catch up with their uninvited, and unwelcome, 'visitors.' Despite his keen hearing, even tracking by sound was growing more difficult as the gap between them widened.

Seij persisted, however, regardless of the difficulties. The thought had occured to him that, if this was a trap of some kind, he was following his teammate right into the 'net,' but Kesslan might need some backup. And Seij intended to provide it...if possible.

While he ran, his breathing rapid but not labored, he continued to scan their vicinity for other hostiles.
Distracted Perception Test = 2
He saw nothing unusual, but didn't know whether there were no other intruders or if he just wasn't spotting them. So he ran on after Kesslan towards whoever, or whatever, awaited them ahead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:51 am

Kesslan
Closing in on the "watchers," Kesslan finally got a good look at one of them. The others were somewhat obscured, still running, and perhaps still too far away to get a good look at, but Kesslan had one of them pegged. It was a Troll, and a "He". Likely the Troll was part of the reason Kesslan was having such a difficult time reading the others. While he didn't get enough of a "read" on the Troll to tell if he was magical, directly, Kesslan could certainly tell that the Troll was not technologically augmented (i.e. he had no "holes" in him), and that he had a lot of spells on him. Perhaps more spells than a Magician would be interested in sustaining. Further, Kesslan could tell that the Troll was in otherwise perfect health, at the moment.

Seij
As the sounds of Kesslan's slowly receding footfalls faded from the air about him, Seij could actually hear some of the background sounds (or lack thereof) that would have been filling the air. In fact, he might even be able to compare against the last time they were here... Memory Test If he could only remember...

Tiamet
The dome of water parts, letting you in to the Truck. It will take a bit more time before you can get in and give chase...

Ashe
"I'm quite alright." Ashe responded, still somewhat in shock at the situation, and what had happened. And what Specter had done in response, she now knew, to an imagined fairly major threat.
"Do you want to, umm, talk about what you saw?" Ashe asked, carefully. Her words came out with essentially perfect enunciation - showing how carefully she was choosing her words. At the same time, she reached up and straightened out her blouse, pulling it back in place and making sure that it was correctly settled about her body. Next she smoothed her skirt, looking down and paying more attention to the task than was really necessary. - My, but she was... "Handsy" for lack of a better word... She thought to herself, preferring to keep the thought inside her head over letting it come out.


Last edited by Gala on Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:48 pm

Memory = 2

Seij was getting that 'deja vu' feeling that sometimes creeps up on a person, triggering the sense that something is wrong or just slightly out of kilter; the term used in the combat trids was "hinky." He'd been concentrating so narrowly on hearing Kesslan's footsteps that he'd not been paying attention to the sounds surrounding him...or the lack thereof.
Now aware of...something...tugging at his instincts, Seij groped for what it could be. There was a tickle of a memory - or perhaps the tickle only hinted at a memory - but he couldn't grasp it, and the memory slipped away. Thus he was left with a nagging sensation that, left unsatiated for long, would threatened to drive him to distraction.

Up ahead, Kesslan was nearing the tree line, but Seij couldn't make out anything beyond the jag-man; too much interfereing shadows among the trees and his own running footfalls combined to thwart his efforts to penetrate the area. Even his enhanced contact lenses could not strengthen his natural low-light ability enough to get a clear view. Kesslan, as was his wont, was keeping silent - whether out of concentration on his pursuit or to foil any attempts by the intruders to monitor their wireless transmissions, it didn't matter. Thing was, Seij was quickly losing track of his teammate and, unless he started exercising some caution himself, might end up running right into the enemies' lap!

And that was when it hit him -- the hinky feeling, the memory (or part of it, at least,) the thing that had been nagging at his mind. It was the quiet. He'd been running through virtually total silence except for the dwindling sounds of Kesslan running and his own harsh breathing and pounding steps...no birdsong, no croaking frogs, no rustling of unseen creatures scurrying through the underbrush.
He skidded to a halt. With increasing unease he listened to...nothing. His shifter teammate was now too far away to hear clearly and the eerie silence was unnerveing. He could no more assense than he could fly, but it didn't take that kind of astral awareness to sense that there was more here than some nosey unfriendlies.

"Uh, guys," he subvocalized to the rest of the team, "I think we're in trouble here..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1351
Age : 37
Location : Near Cologne
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:40 pm

Gala wrote:
Ashe
"I'm quite alright." Ashe responded, still somewhat in shock at the situation, and what had happened. And what Specter had done in response, she now knew, to an imagined fairly major threat.
"Do you want to, umm, talk about what you saw?"

"I... there were fire elementals." Specter still refused to admit what she was starting to suspect. That she had only imagined the elementals. "One directly in front of the window. I had to act quickly." To her own dismay, she sounded much too defensive. "Look... I'm... sorry for reacting so... strongly." Over the top. In sheer panic. Completely unprofessional. Though she only allowed her thoughts into that direction, not her speech. Who am I kidding? Ashe knows perfectly well how unprofessional I reacted. Underworld, what she must think of me. "Just... sorry." It was hard enough for her to apologize.

To the water spirit she replied: "Thank you for the help. If the elementals are gone, you can go back to your home too. Although I don't know if there are other threats out there. Part of my team is out there, following someone. If you could stay a bit longer and look out for threats and defend us against them... I would be grateful." At once, the watery sphere around the car vanished, splashing to the ground like a bucket being overthrown. A bucket the size of a small swimming pool. The spirit replied: "Let me think about it."




_________________
„I’m Talking to you. Don’t you understand English?” Talking
Talking for Wreck
Descriptions and deeds. Just like that.
thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:34 am

"Fire Elementals? Ok. Well, it's a good thing you protected us against them." Ashe said, attempting to be supportive. Normally she would have patted the girl on the shoulder at this point, but Ashe wasn't sure she wanted to re-break the touch-barrier just yet. She was currently of the opinion that that particular barrier needed just a tad bit extra respect at the moment. As Ashe was considering how to further respond, it occurred to her that there might be some other questions she should ask regarding these Fire Elementals.
"Umm, just out of curiosity, how many? And why haven't they attacked the rest of the team?" Ashe asked. She wasn't prepared to dismiss the assertion out of hand. She didn't after all, see out the window herself. However, that Specter had said there were "fire elementals" meant that it takes more than a second or two to summon more than one - at least, usually (unless they were bound). So, there was a pretty dern good chance they would have seen them while returning to their bodies. And, an even greater chance that the team would have been screaming for support over the commlinks by now if they had attacked. Either way you look at it, there was a really good chance that Ashe would already have independent confirmation of the appearance of Fire Elementals... Aside from Specter's reactions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1351
Age : 37
Location : Near Cologne
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:55 am

"I don't know how many. But one was looking straight at me from maybe ten inch away. My spirit says they're gone now. I have no idea what they wanted here. But if you'd see an aggressive fire elemental literally inches away from your nose, how would you react?" She sounded more and more defensive about the whole desaster.

"Anyway, they are gone now. Or so says my spirit. We should take care of other things now. Like our team mates." She looked out of the window again, but most of the others were gone by that point. "Where are they anyway?" It seemed she had not followed the conversation on the team channel during the elemental 'attack'.

_________________
„I’m Talking to you. Don’t you understand English?” Talking
Talking for Wreck
Descriptions and deeds. Just like that.
thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 2140
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:54 am

With what little he could see of the Troll, and his attempt to shield the others for some reason, Kesslan had only seconds to debate what to do. He knew that at any moment they could turn around and get the jump on him and if one of them was seemingly awakened there could most certainly be more of them that were. Worse still he was increasingly further away from his team putting him even more at risk. Against mundanes at this time he wouldn't have worried at all, for the armour he wore and his own regenerative powers would likely keep him safe, or at least alive long enough for any help to arrive, but magic had a way of cutting through all those defences and he had little in the way of protection against actual spellcasters should one of them prove to be such. What was clear though was that these people had come here prepared for.. something. That made them a threat and one he needed to deal with. At this range he could probably take out one or more of them with the sniper rifle slung over his shoulder. If he closed in the pistols or possibly even his sword became an option but it would be pressing matters. In the end he decided to press his luck just a little more, but he would soon reach the breaking point of restraint on his instinct to simply attack.

Assensing: 1 hit
Sprinting Test: 2 hits
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 2140
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:06 pm

For all his speed and prowess it was rare, but there were times Kesslan wished he was a little quicker at some things, this happened to be one of them. He'd suspected a trap, the sound, the smells they all told him he'd been right and yet like a fool he'd rushed in anyway. Still, how much did this group really know? How much might they suspect that Kesslan had done what he could to make sure his team was ready for a big fight? Certainly they hadn't expected it here, but surprise was not entirely one sided. "Enemy Contact!" Kesslan sent out over his comlink to the team even as he reached back with one hand to a pouch as he crouched down and went still, hoping that even though the enemy would have some idea of where he was, the thermal masking and optic camouflage would help hide his presence, and all the life about him would help hide him on the astral as well. His hand gripped and pulled out a grenade, thumb flicking up the safety guard as he activated it. Even as he got ready to throw his PAN pulled up the grenade's controls and via his Sim Module and trodes he mentally ordered it to arm on a short timer before once more hitting the button to physicaly confirm the order before he threw it towards the source of the sound, hoping it would land somewhere just in front. He wasn't completely sure of where the sound had come from other than somewhere ahead but he knew that if nothing else the HE grenade he'd just thrown would certainly be a source of surprise and distraction.

All he needed to do was buy his team a few seconds to ready their own weapons...

Free: Warning over Comlink
Simple: Ready Weapon: HE Grenade
Simple: Throw HE Grenade

Grenade Throw: 4 Hits (On 5 Dice. Woot!)
+3 Dice for throwing. Though it it was STR + Skill but it's Agility +Skill. 2 More hits for total of 6.
Scatter: 2 - 6 hits = 4 Net hits
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:47 am

"Enemy Conctact!"

"Go LT! Go!" Ashe responded immediately. She needn't have said a thing, though, because LT had also responded immediately, stamping his foot to the floor and letting the roaring truck accelerate toward the tree-line. LT's HUD came up on the windshield, showing a glowing green of the Trees out ahead, with a bright red outline where Seij and Kesslan were. LT had nothing to worry about in terms of running his teammates down as he sped toward them - though it would take a bit of time to catch up; they'd had a bit of a lead.
"I suppose that tells us where they've been... Doesn't it?" Ashe said to Specter, keeping her eyes forward, likely where most of her attention was as well. Shortly after Ashe said that, the glowing HUD overlay blanked as a bright flash appeared near the tree line. The HUD overlay came back almost immediately. Kesslan's form was still there and seemed to be somewhat behind the flash - likely an explosion of some sort.

Game Stuff:
Specter: I need an Initiative.
Kesslan - I know you won't love this, but you're up again! Give perception rolls. I recommend taking the distracted penalties; and re-rolling (as a simple action) if you feel you need more info. You can include a separate roll for Hearing (I doubt smell will be useful).

Ghost: You're not in the Initiative yet; so post whenever you're ready. Specter, the same is true for you. We will be joining (likely) in the next combat turn.


Surprise Round Complete
Round one:
18 Kesslan 0/4
13 Seij 0/4

Not in Initiative yet (post freely):
12 LT 0/2
- LT: You really only have +1? I thought you had +2...
Ashe
Specter


Last edited by Gala on Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1351
Age : 37
Location : Near Cologne
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:43 pm

Initiative roll 6+hits (6d6. hits(5)=0) (What the... I've rolled a critical glitch again, and thus have an initiative of 6-. )

Copulation! They got them! Pressed against the car seat by accelleration, Specter tried to make out the fire elementals. So she had not imagined them. Regaining some confidence in her sanity, she tried to peer out the small gap of her doors window.

(Astral perception, observe in detail, complex action. )
Perception roll (Astral)Observe in detail. int3+ perception1=4d (4d6. hits(5)=0) (No hits again? I think Invisible castle must be broken. Wink )

But there was nothing out there except bushes and trees, it seemed. One should think that fire elementals stand out anywhere except maybe a volcano. Specter thought in growing frustration.

_________________
„I’m Talking to you. Don’t you understand English?” Talking
Talking for Wreck
Descriptions and deeds. Just like that.
thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:42 am

NPC Alexia for the moment

There was a loud thump from the back of the truck. LT quickly checked his rear-view, and then resumed driving, clearly dismissing the incident as either unimportant, or imagined.

Ashe's head whipped around. She glared through the rear window, trying to see what was going on, what caused the thump.
"What the..." She started to say when Alexia's face smiled in the window. Apparently Alexia wanted to come too. Startled, Ashe jumped, and inhaled noisily. Ashe could see that the doors of the Jet were closing; and Viking was not standing in the door; so he must have been outside somewhere.
"Oh! 'Lex... I didn't know it was you!" She said, surprised.
"You didn't think I would let you leave me behind, did you?!?" Alexia responded, standing up so that she was peering over the cab of the truck.
OOC: Ghost - is this an actual truck, with a truck-bed in the back? Or is this an SUV - in which case she would be standing on the bumper...?

Combat:
Kesslan - you're still up.


Non-Combat:
LT/Specter - You two may post freely for now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 2140
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:51 am

Kesslan patiently remained crouched in the grass just on the edge of the clearing, trying to make out any sounds of movement or cries of pain following the blast from his first grenade while he nimbly slipped another into his hand from a pouch and prepared to throw it. He didn't even know how many of them there were but if there was a large group of them he knew right now this was his best chance to at least slow them down and hopefully take as many of them out as possible before the enemy got their act together.

Free: Held?
Simple: Ready Weapon: Grenade
Simple: Held

Hearing: 4 Hits
Smell: 3 Hits
Visual: 3 hits
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   

Back to top Go down
 
A Time for Secrets
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Similar topics
-
» who is your favorite anime character of all time?
» Hot Tub Time Machine [Open]
» Time That Needs to be Spent
» Explorin' time!
» Strongest Crew Member (Time Skip)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowrun Online :: Library :: Archives :: Archives - :: Dead Runs :: Gala's Games-
Jump to: