Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.
 
Shadowrun HomeHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Share | 
 

 A Time for Secrets

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 2140
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Thu May 23, 2013 6:22 pm

(OOC: Still speaking in Aztec)

Kesslan quietly listens to the enemy, letting them have their say though it left plenty of questions unanswered. "See, now the real problem we have right now is that you admit you are specifically here to work counter to our interests. That said we all know how things go in this business so I'm willing to not take it personally." the shifter explains to the gathered foe. "However, given our past experiences I'd like to know, what you know about who sent you here, because they have been garnering my ire for quite some time now." he says, pointing to the leader with his sword, the Aztec styled engravings on his sword slowly filling in from tip to base with red, like blood thanks to the ruthenium polymers coating the blade as he pokes the tip in the direction of the one he'd wounded. "As it stands you barely made the call before loosing another of your team." he says rather meaningfully indicating the one he'd almost killed but a moment ago. "So this is what I offer you. If you tell us what you know about who sent you, why they sent you and how they knew where to find us, you and all your friends may go, and I expect to never see any of you again. If you know anything about my team then you will know that others have been offered similar terms in the past and I have honoured them when they have been accepted." his tone drops to a cold blooded one however when he adds "But you would also know that I've not hesitated to kill those who did not, and while you may still be in position to injure or even kill one or two of us still, you won't do so with a single one of you escaping alive. Nor will I be so inclined to be so generous a second time around if we cross paths again."

Kesslan was after all a realist, he didn't believe himself to be invulnerable, not by far. But he did know when he could press things to his advantage and he knew he, nor his team would go down easily, especially when they had already gained the upper hand. "In the end, I must point out there is no shame in admitting when you have underestimated your opponent, but it is how you handle the result of that, that will decide what happens next."

(OOC: Hey Gala, I need to know what if any situational modifiers will apply to the intimidation test etc)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Tue May 28, 2013 7:01 am

The voice doesn't respond while Kesslan gives his monolog. After Kesslan's unveiled threats, the leader snorts a bit.
"I'll answer, though after the answer you'll understand why your threats are unwarranted. We are an Aztechnology clean-up crew. This building is an Aztechnology "off the grid" warehouse. And according to our briefing someone from within the jet that you landed in has been snooping around our network here in this building.
"So, as you can see, you're the intruders here. We are merely doing our jobs and responding to a previous situation, and a potential threat. And since we're here only on orders, I've now told you all that I know."
The man said, still speaking Aztec.
"As you mentioned, we all know how things go in this business. Men like me and my team are giving a legitimate job attempting to protect the assets of the corporation that we work for. And Shadowrunners like you do the best you can to make us earn our living the hard way. Well, today will be one of the harder days, it seems. May I take my wounded and leave now?" The man adds, finishing his response to Kesslan.
"Hey, what did he say?" Ashe immediate asks over the team line.
"My translator isn't running." She adds.
"Oh, well let me give you the translation then." Eleanor responds, immediately reading out an impressively good translation of what both Kesslan and the Azzie leader had said.
@Kesslan: With your Azzie training, you are pleased with the results of your threatening tone, posture, and brandishing of your sword. You know that you successfully overrode quite a bit of training with your threats in getting him to even admit that he's Aztec; and that he and the team will likely be punished for his admission. That is, if he is actually Azzie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1351
Age : 37
Location : Near Cologne
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Thu May 30, 2013 10:47 am

Specter listened to Eleanores translation "I could believe they are guards for this facility, but then where is Alexias friend?" She asked over the group channel. "Besides, who snooped around in their system and got caught? And why send such a big team anyway for an empty warehouse? What's so important here? I'd like more answers before we let them go." Of course she subvocalized, in case they understood english.

Specter stood there, arms crossed, trying to look dangerous.

_________________
„I’m Talking to you. Don’t you understand English?” Talking
Talking for Wreck
Descriptions and deeds. Just like that.
thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 2140
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Fri May 31, 2013 10:42 am

Kesslan didn't directly acknowledge Specter's concerns given that they by and large mirrored his own in regards to the response he got. Continuing on in Aztec he went so far as to question that response. "Curious, given that no one on my team 'poked around' here prior to our landing. And since the individual whom we did come here for is apparently not here I suspect we may have both been used." he responded calmly, not rising to the bait about 'legitimate work'. Over the team comlink he spoke to the team in english text. "Any sign of Alexia's friend? And who was poking around here on the matrix?" he paused considering just how much to give away on their own side of things. "It would be in keeping with some of the things my former... handlers used to do." he said aloud in Aztec. "However, if they ask, or perhaps I should say when they ask, you can tell them that I never considered Aztecnology to be my family any more than a 'tree' would be. My particular kind don't have families. We have territory. Eventually one grows old enough to go seek their own, as I have done." another brief pause before he adds "Regardless, when we have either located the individual we came here to assist, or if we establish they are no longer here. You, and your men are free to leave. Until then, so long as you co-operate you may tend to your wounded. I may have no value for metahuman life, but despite my handlers best attempts, I still value honour."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Fri May 31, 2013 1:35 pm

"Well, I was definitely poking around." Eleanor answered immediately.
"Yeah, but do you think they could catch you?" Ashe responded with a bit of incredulity in her voice. The sheer idea that someone could be better at hacking than an AI seemed beyond absurd to Ashe.
"Most definitely. I am good at hacking like Kesslan is good at sneaking. It is something that he was born to do, as it was something that I am born to do. Despite that, he like I have not overly specialized in those things, choosing instead to specialize in other things. So a specialist at hacking will be able to detect and track me, as a specialist in sneaking is likely to be better off in a sneaking match than Kesslan.
"Does that make sense? I think I chose the right analogy..."
Eleanor responded. Her multi-tonal voice modulated with her speech, following the proper speech patterns of any normal metahuman, albeit with her astonishing voice.
"Umm... Yeah, I guess." Ashe responded. She didn't sound entirely convinced, but Eleanor seemed to know what she was talking about.
"Anyway, Alexia's friend should be about 50 meters, or a bit more, directly in front of you. That is, if you travel in the direction that you did once you entered the Warehouse. And, umm, if he's there." Eleanor responded.

As soon as Kesslan finished his speech, the entire team of opponents visibly relaxed. Some even went so far as to take a deep breath, which was quite audible in the relative silence of the Warehouse.
"If the person you are seeking has anything to do with the mess we are here to clean up, my guess is that you will find what you're looking for directly behind us." The Azzie leader responded. At that, Eleanor's directions and the Azzie's directions were leading to the same place. So if there was mis-information, it had been fed to Eleanor, Alexia, and the Azzies all independently - which would not have been easy to do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:13 am

Seig remained silent throughout the chatter over his comm. There was nothing vital he could add and he wanted to maintain focus on these goons in case their parlay turned out to be nothing more than a distraction tactic.
He would, of course, acknowledge any direct comments aimed at him or commands from Kesslan, but otherwise it was wiser to hold his tongue.

He wasn't sure he agreed with Kesslan's offer to let these men go free - an enemy you leave alive is an enemy that will kill you another day - but Seig was not in charge. Kesslan must have his reasons for such a strategic move, and Seig had to trust in his leader's judgement. Kesslan's way might not be Seig's way, but that did not make it wrong. At least, he would hope it did not.

Should this prove to be just a ruse, however, Seig would do his best to ensure those who escaped, if any, were in no condition to rejoin the fight any time soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 40
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:26 am

LT Warehouse:

LT was Listening to the AI Drone on about skill sets He really did not like her voice multi-tonal voice or not the only Tone he could hear from her, is the one she used to catch fly with him when he needed a small favor from her... And it seemed that's all he would hear forever... the AI to LT was weird an full of attitude... Now while it was perfectly understandable he could feel that way about a "teammate" that came at him sideways, He had to admit she had a long and drawn out point. He decided to ignore her input, but huffed out an "Oh Boys..." Lowly on the Sub-vocal which was on... While he hoped the team would take it as the situation he was speaking about... It was during the AI's Rant so it could have been the rant it self hard to tell... An he did not care deep down it was his opinion and he felt in titled...

When he turned His focus back to the mission his left arm still holding the SMG, and the barrel staring down the path to the supposed Azi goons Squad... Kess Had Offered to let them take care of there wounded and even planned to let them go should everything be in order... LT did not agree but he was not running the show and would abide by Kesslen's Judgment just like on the plane It had gotten them a seas fire and the win without to much pain being passed out and there were up sides to this also informant angles and such but he doubted the shifter would go that route... Although in exchange for there lives was sure they'd make the deal...

In the end he mostly kept his eyes on them and awaited further instructions... Mostly being quiet... And ready...


Last edited by Ghostmaker on Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 40
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:27 am

LT Warehouse:



LT was Listening to the AI Drone on about skill sets He really did not like her voice multi-tonal voice or not the only Tone he could hear from her, is the one she used to catch fly with him when he needed a small favor from her... And it seemed that's all he would hear forever... the AI to LT was weird an full of attitude... Now while it was perfectly understandable he could feel that way about a "teammate" that came at him sideways, He had to admit she had a long and drawn out point. He decided to ignore her input, but huffed out an "Oh Boys..." Lowly on the Sub-vocal which was on... While he hoped the team would take it as the situation he was speaking about... It was during the AI's Rant so it could have been the rant it self hard to tell... An he did not care deep down it was his opinion and he felt in titled...

When he turned His focus back to the mission his left arm still holding the SMG, and the barrel staring down the path to the supposed Azi goons Squad... Kess Had Offered to let them take care of there wounded and even planned to let them go should everything be in order... LT did not agree but he was not running the show and would abide by Kesslen's Judgment just like on the plane It had gotten them a seas fire and the win without to much pain being passed out and there were up sides to this also informant angles and such but he doubted the shifter would go that route... Although in exchange for there lives was sure they'd make the deal...

In the end he mostly kept his eyes on them and awaited further instructions... Mostly being quiet... And ready...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:56 am

The Azzies started to tend to their wounded almost immediately. It was immediately apparent how much damage the team had actually done: in short order, the Azzie team had all 5 of their wounded laid out in front of them. No one was dead, but each of the 5 was either knocked out cold, or still twitching from the electric damage Ashe had done. In addition, a sixth guy eased himself down to a seated position against the warehouse shelves, clutching his abdomen gingerly - he may have a broken rib or some other significant but most likely not life threatening damage. While the group had been outnumbered severely by the Azzies, they had clearly outclassed their opponents. The battle had not been anywhere near an even fight.

Ashe nodded to herself and stepped forward.
"LT and Seig, you're still basically invisible and haven't been noticed by the Azzies yet. Go ahead and stay here to keep an eye on them." She said over subvocal.
"Ok, we will be leaving a few men to keep watch over you." Ashe said aloud, walking in to the light of the flashlights, and gesturing to Specter to follow her. She stepped carefully around the injured men and joined up with Kesslan to walk toward where Bright Light was supposedly to be found.
"Do you think it was Eleanor that their "Intel" people detected?" Ashe asked subvocally, still someone incredulous on the idea that Eleanor could have been tracked.

As the three of them neared the area that Eleanor indicated was where they would find Brandon Bright, otherwise known as Bright Light, Alexia appeared next to them suddenly.
"I found him. Sorry I didn't help you guys... I was so worried..." She said, her voice was shaky. Even during the fairly significant fire fight that had brought Alexia to the team she had kept her calm exterior in place. But she was clearly shaken at the sight of whatever she had just seen.
"Just over here." She said, leading them another few feet in the near pitch black. A few steps in front of them a truck emerged out of the gloom. There were bullet holes in the side of the truck, as well as what appeared to have been a good several clips of unsuccessful shots at the truck, leaving dents in the armor but not piercing. The glass of the door was splintered and cracked, but had not broken through yet. It appeared to be only another few shots, though, that would have opened the window up as well.
The door was open, and there was a bloodied dwarf sprawled on the ground next to the truck. To the naked eye, he looked cold and dead. But each of the team had their Astral senses awake and alive, and Brandon Bright clung to what was perhaps the very last strand of life available to him.
"He's alive; but only just..." Ashe mumbled, leaning over to take a closer look at him. He had several bullet holes in his torso, all coming in from the side. Likely they were from the bullets which finally managed to pierce the truck.
Ashe mumbled to herself a bit, and then looked at Kesslan and Specter.
"Stand back, and get ready to catch me. I'm going to try to heal him." She said. They were both familiar enough with a heal spell to know that this could knock Ashe out. If it went badly.

A few moments passed, and Ashe collapsed back in to the supporting hands of Kesslan and Specter.
"He'll live." Ashe said weakly as Alexia surged forward and touched BB's neck, checking his now-strong pulse.
"I don't know if I can walk back..." Ashe said groggily, barely able to assist in supporting her weight. She looked at Specter and Kesslan questioningly, no longer fully able to contribute to their decisions. Fortunately, she trusted Kesslan and the team. It didn't occur to her that the team would no longer need any semblance of stealth while they left.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1351
Age : 37
Location : Near Cologne
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:54 pm

"I don't know Eleanor well enough to say for sure. But it does sound a bit weird for her to get caught on a simple recon job. Hi Alexia. Glad you could make it." Specter greeted the foxgirl with tempered sarcasm. She didn't hold it against Alexia though, it seems she found the dwarf just in time. The shamaness stood by and watched while Ashe healed the him up and was ready to catch her as Ashe staggered. "Easy there. I'll hold you up."

The albino girl wasn't the strongest of the group, but it was enough for a waif like Ashe. "I guess I could cast a spell on you to keep you upright. It would keep my hands free for sure." Her giggle was audible on the team channel. But where would be the fun in that?

After the short outburst, Specter calmed down and continued serious: "Those Azzies were not prepared for us. That supports their story. But it still feels weird. I think there's more to this whole mess than we know."

_________________
„I’m Talking to you. Don’t you understand English?” Talking
Talking for Wreck
Descriptions and deeds. Just like that.
thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:51 am

"Yes, it IS weird. Unless they had a hacker savant, there's really no way they would have detected me without me detecting them. And if they did have a hacker savant, what in the 'Trix were they using one of those to watch a back-coded warehouse with some 'runner bodies in it for?" Eleanor piped in. Her multi-tonal voice sounded worried by the prospect of her being detected. And her comments pointed out a very important piece of information that the Azzies had slipped up and given to the team.
"There's always more..." Ashe said groggily, draping her arm over Specter's shoulder. She probably didn't mean to, but she said that out loud making the comment both audible and broadcasting it on the team channel. Her communications slip up did more to underscore the challenge she had gone through to stop BB from bleeding out.
"Hmm... Eleanor has a point." Alexia chimed in, keeping her comments only on the channel.
"IF they had someone with that kind of skill, and that's a big IF, why were they monitoring this place? Because Shadowrunner bodies certainly aren't worth the trouble. What else is here that's worth someone with that level of skill and training?" She finished, standing up to look at Kesslan, Specter and Ashe in the face.
"LT and Seij, feel free to add your own thoughts in here. This is a troubling thought.
"And while we're having troubling thoughts, do you see any strange behavior from the Azzies over there? Are they acting any different than you would expect someone who was just beaten handily to act?"
Alexia asked of LT and Seij.
After Alexia addressed LT and Seij, she squatted back down, pulling BB's arms both over her shoulders, and hefted him up over her back. It looked like Alexia was planning on carrying him out herself, supporting his weight entirely on her shoulders.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 40
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:31 am

LT Guarding Azzies in the warehouse:

LT watched the strike team with a keen eye...

Perception to see if the Azzies are planing anything secretly:

Perception 4 intuition 3 = 7 = 2 hits
2nd test with bonus = 2hits

He watched them closely so as to catch hand signals, Subtle nods, and things of that sort... He thought about what had been said, and his opinion on it. He did not know from AIs or Savants in the trix the whole idea someone could erase him, and his record had seemed to be a mystery, like he did not know you could do that until it was done to him... He knew average user stuff how to filter his ARO's Closes thing he could think of to an AI before he met Drivers computer pal, was the Dog brain in his truck he loved so much...

So it all sounded bad to him... LT did not like the idea of hidden enemy's behind digital Shadows that he could not reach out a Straddle... When he was done with his observation he noted his findings of the strike team and voiced his opinion on the situation...

"Nah" He said over the sub vocal channel "They'ses licking theys wounds Reals goods skilled like... As fars as everything elses is, alls things needs considering, needs to be considered elsewheres Foxy... Me's thinking that we's just had a Fires fights Authorities will be's by heres soons. We's should get what we cames for and gets out nows..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:27 am

"I'm not sure if that makes me more comfortable, or if that makes me more concerned... We're just starting to consider the fact that someone noticed Eleanor, when that should have been difficult. And the Azzies are behaving as though the little firefight they put us through was all that is coming. Do we believe it? Or is it a bigger ruse somehow?" Alexia asked, hefting BB on her shoulders. She seemed to be surprisingly strong for her build. But shifters often were more physically capable than they appeared at first glance.
"Well, I'm not there looking around. Is there anything there that seems to be worth a second look? Maybe something extra special in the warehouse would explain the apparent added security?" Eleanor added in her stunning multi-tonal voice.
"Or maybe we should leave now?" Ashe asked, her words slightly slurred together. She was now standing, with Specter's assistance. But she didn't sound like she would be able to maintain her feet without the help, let alone walk.
"Kesslan, didn't you say something about something to do with briefings?" Eleanor added in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 40
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:57 am

LT Watching the Azzies Warehouse:

LT got on a channel to Kesslen only "Ashe sound's hurt's" he said on sub-vocal "But I's thinks her votes is clear on this... That's two's of us" he referred two original members present to make the vote... "stay or go" of which there were three, present, but it sounded more like he was asking Kess to consider this carefully... instead of sounding like he was giving ultimatums he offered another option "Unless's Some's of us stays some's of us Goes" LT was offering to stay and look around for what ever was supposed to be here. In spite of knowing the cops would show soon... He was also stating some would have the job of seeing Ashe back to the truck where she could sit, and recline in the plushy leather seating safely... Or be taken back to the plain... She was always over doing it that one, he thought...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:01 pm

Seig finally thought of something worth adding to the discussion concerning their next move:

"These men do not strike me as waiting for the authorities," he subvocalized, "they seem rather as if expecting reinforcements of one sort or another. I think whatever we are going to do, perhaps now would be a good time, yes?"

The longer they remained in this enclosed facility, the more it felt to Seig like the walls were closing in... and he resisted the symbol that insisted on recurring to his mind... a coffin.

Judge Intentions = 3 hits

Having been pacing slowly back and forth before the group of defeated opponents, Seig abruptly notices the men are acting strangely. He whips his weapon down and trains it on them.

"You!" he exclaims, using the muzzle of the rifle to point at a couple of prisoners, though it is all of them he is addressing. "Why do you twitch so? Why do you move so slowly? You think to fool us?! Cease your tricks or you will be shot like dogs!"


Last edited by Jagger on Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added Judge Intentions roll)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:20 am

The Azzies reacted as one would expect them to, given they were just threatened by an invisible who-knows-what. They literally jumped up, and would likely have jumped out of their skin if they could have. At least, the uninjured ones did, and the one with a broken rib. An audible groan escaped the lips of the broken-rib Azzie as he collapsed back to the ground in pain. It was possible that Seig's verbal attack had caused him to further damage his already well damaged ribs - and there was no doubt that it hurt!
The rest of the group looked around frantically. One of them reached for his gun, lying on the floor by his feet. Another, possibly the leader, slapped his hand away from his gun violently. The same one then went on to clout the first on the head with his other hand, sending the man reeling back a step. He said something quickly in the Azzie tongue harshly, most likely telling him not to do that. Then he straightened up and repeated that, but louder and slower. This time, Eleanor came on the line with a translation.
"I didn't get the first time - it was too fast for my system to translate. The second time sounded similar, so it might have been the same. He said: Don't even think about reaching for your weapons." She said, telling the group what had just been said. Clearly Seig and LT now knew which one was the leader. Or, at least, this one was most likely the leader.

"Fast. Yes, fast is good." Ashe slurred a bit, starting to walk back toward where the group came from with Specter supporting her body weight significantly.

"We cannot see you. Which one of us are you pointing to?" The leader responded back to Seig. He was facing in the right direction to be addressing Seig, but it was likely that what he said was indeed true. At least, likely provided the spirit Specter had summoned was still doing it's job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:44 pm

Seig resumed his silent patrol of the prisoners. Perhaps if they did not know to whom he'd spoken, they would all think twice before trying anything. He hoped the team would finish their job here soon. The dark elf wanted out of this warehouse. Something about these circumstances was wearing on Seig's nerves.

...and if any one, or all, of these interlopers so much as twitched wrong, it would be their last mistake on this side of The Veil.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:21 am

The prisoners looked around nervously for about 20 seconds, speaking excitedly amongst themselves, before returning to tending their wounded. The "jerky" movements that Seig had identified seemed to have melted in to his memory. They were now fluid, efficient, and their movements were obviously well practiced. It seemed that most of the team had some basic training in field-medicine, and all of them were pitching in, tending each of their team in turn.

Meanwhile, in other news...

"Ok, then, we go." Ashe slurred, stumbling forward and managing to keep herself upright only with the significant support of Specter. If there was any reason to stick around the warehouse, Ashe seemed to be indifferent to it. And while there seemed to be significant evidence for haste in leaving, there was a good chance that Ashe was moving every bit as fast as she was capable. Healing, as any magician knows, is one of the most difficult things to do with magic. The mana price for a healing spell is higher by far than the mana price for any other kind of spell, and Ashe had just paid that price for an unknown person who appeared to be literally on death's door. How she was still conscious at this point is a mystery, or quite significant luck.
Alexia, with the Dwarf slung over her slender but clearly capable shoulders was one step behind Ashe and Specter, carrying her burden stoically.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 2140
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:03 am

'We need to just grab Alexia's friend and go' Kesslan said rather plainly over the team com channel. 'They are either just buying time or are only pretending to be Aztechnology. They could be ex members like myself and keep in mind we are up against someone with at least equal if not greater pull than our own employer.' he cautioned the team. That said he still had no better idea of what was going on or why but he did know dallying around wasn't a good idea either way. 'Alexia, check and see if the truck still works, if it does we'd best pile in and get out of here and find a good place to ditch the truck. Hopefully your friend has a bolt hole or two he can hide in for a while. If they really are Azzies he will need it.'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:22 am

"Oh! The truck!" Alexia said in surprise. She carefully lowered the dwarf back to the ground and then ran over to the truck door, quickly looking for some sort of something that would allow her to turn the truck on.
"Why didn't I think of that?" Alexia muttered to herself, probably so lost in her own thoughts that she hadn't even considered that the question would be broadcast over the team channel. Ashe and Specter pulled up, waiting on the outcome of the truck investigation.
"Wow! It's a manual ignition!" Alexia exclaimed, hopping in to the driver's seat and twisting the key. The truck roared to life, filling the otherwise silent warehouse with the sound of the old engine, alternately sputtering and purring.
Alexia hopped back out of the truck and dashed over to her friend on the ground, lifting him back over her shoulders. She carried him the few steps to the truck, and then looked around for someone to help her. Even with her surprising amount of strength, she clearly didn't believe she had enough strength to lift him in without injuring him further.

It didn't take the rest of the team long to load up, filling the cab of the truck quickly, and overflowing in to the open back of the truck. While it was an older model, it was well kept up and clearly used often.
Ashe and Specter sat in the front, by mutual agreement from the entire team. With Alexia driving, the cab was full. Ashe and Specter found enough space on their laps for the dwarf to be draped across them, though I doubt anyone expected Ashe to be able to hold onto him in any kind of bad situation. That left the back of the truck for the guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 40
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:02 pm

LT Near the truck:

LT looked at everybody cramming in the truck like little fish in a can, and the women were already laying claim to the front "Screws dis!" He stood back, and let Kess and Siege get in. He hung out on the outside stepping up on the side of the cab, and holding the rail you grab to get in, he only plan to be there as long as it took them to clear the building, then it was onto the Truck he brought with him which was much more comfy for him... He tapped the cab after everybody got in and was in place to let the driver know he was ready...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:36 pm

Backing away from the men and their wounded, still keeping his SMG pointed in their general direction if not directly aimed, Seig continued watching until the group was lost once more to the gloom of the warehouse. He then climbed quickly into the truck, stowed his weapon,  and settled himself for transport.

Despite the team's pulling out, the dark elf couldn't shake the feeling that time was counting down to... something. He didn't know what, but the fur on the back of his neck felt as if it was trying to climb up on top of his skull.

He glanced up at the big guy when LT stepped up on the running board and rapped the top of the cab to signal he was ready, but even the troll's presence didn't soothe the foreboding Seig felt. All he could do was wait and watch... and hope he was wrong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1351
Age : 37
Location : Near Cologne
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:41 pm

Specter semi carried Ashe towards the cab. "Eleonor, did you find any storage manifest on the buildings server or something? Or is there any data storage here? I mean, whatever they are guarding, if it isn't too big for us to carry out anyway, it might be put somewhere where authorized people can find it." She put the elf woman onto the front seat, then helped Alexis with the dwarf, finally climbing in herself. 

It's snuggly in here. Not that I mind. Specter thought, being pressed against Ashe snugly. "So... are we going straight back to the 'bird? If there are any reinforcements coming, we might lead them straight to it. Or, on the other hand, they might already be waiting for us there." She didn't bother with the channel, since there were no prying azzie ears around anymore. Eleonore was probably listening in over her comlink anyway.

_________________
„I’m Talking to you. Don’t you understand English?” Talking
Talking for Wreck
Descriptions and deeds. Just like that.
thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:22 am

"Actually, I was never able to find any sort of node in the building at all. All of the information we have was from a hidden, but otherwise "Public" node which is on the top of the building, and owned and maintained by Aztechnology. And the only reason I was even able to find that node was because it's the node that Brandon Bright's call originated from. The Aztechnology technicians did a clever job hiding the node, and I am not certain that I would have found it without having the call to trace back." Eleanor responded, reminding Specter of the information she had passed on to the team back on the island before the team had headed out for this mission. It was some time ago, though, so Eleanor's voice was not remotely condescending, she didn't expect the team, who had just been through combat, to remember those details. At least, not at this time.

The Prisoners
The group, including the leader, all looked up and toward the truck when it started. Since they still couldn't see Seig or LT, they didn't notice either of them working their way around the Prisoners. A few of the group went straight back to work on their teammates, while the "leader" stood up and peered toward where the truck was. A moment later, he returned to his work as well, letting the team do whatever it was going to do. He seemed to be content to allow his agreement to keep him and his team alive. Or content to wait for backup...

The Truck
The normally-dull red glow of the truck's brake lights and indicator lights came alive like glaringly bright flashlights in the nearly pitch black interior of the warehouse. That made it easy for LT and Seig to find their way to, and in to the truck. It would also make it easy for anyone else to follow the truck's progress.
As soon as Seig, LT, and Kesslan load up, Alexia guns the engine, and the already-loud motor growls it's way toward the warehouse door. Alexia immediately proves herself an excellent driver as she threads the needle through the stacks of warehouse shelving, managing a K-Turn in an intersection which looked barely wide enough for a motor bike to manage turning in. In a few short minutes, Alexia was headed toward the personnel door that the team came in through.
"Should I just ram it?" Alexia asked, remembering the haste that the team currently believed they should follow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
avatar

Number of posts : 658
Age : 30
Location : In frot of a LCD screen in Riga Latvia
Registration date : 2011-03-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Kouryuu.LV
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:08 pm

For a Long time Viking just stood looking at the members of his team appearing in his range of vision. Kesslan, Ashe Specter, LT and Sieg, they all were there. He saw them, their shadows in the astral plane, but he could not hear what they talked what was the other group. He though he saw Father somewhere in the far corner of the building, but that was impossible. After a while Viking thought of showing them his presence, but decided against it, so he could be their secret weapon in case there is an ambush. Only when most of the groups started moving toward one end of the hall. He started to think of ways to communicate with them. He quickly decided that showing himself would still be a strategical mistake, so he started to chant his plea to the north god of wind, Calling his messenger Raven.


When the Small Black Bird appeared Viking patted it’s head „Go my small friend, Tell Ashe ...” He paused for a moment noticing Ashe casting a Powerful Spell and almost collapsing after the drain took effect. „ No, Tell Kesslan that I and Jack are here.” Still looking at the group moving ”tell him that I would like to keep an eye on this group. Or if they need then I can give astral protection. Ask Kesslan for the standing orders” He patted the black feathers of the bird once more. “Now go little friend and make sure only Kesslan and my friends see you.”


By the time the Raven had heard his message the team had already gathered in what it seemed a truck. The group he had followed did not seem to have made any attempts to slow them down or attack. Now theonly thing left was to wait for new set of orders.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   

Back to top Go down
 
A Time for Secrets
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Similar topics
-
» who is your favorite anime character of all time?
» Hot Tub Time Machine [Open]
» Time That Needs to be Spent
» Explorin' time!
» Strongest Crew Member (Time Skip)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowrun Online :: Library :: Archives :: Archives - :: Dead Runs :: Gala's Games-
Jump to: