Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.
 
Shadowrun HomeHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Share | 
 

 A Time for Secrets

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 2140
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:25 am

Wanting to buy some more time for the team, and knowing he was at least slightly blunting the offensive by the enemy team, Kesslan primed and threw the other grenade in the general direction of the sound once more. This time however after his throw he started to slink forward, keeping in a low crouch. If he could get a visual on any of them he could start picking them off far more accurately with his rifle or maybe even pull off a silent takedown with his sword if he could find one of them alone.

Free: Move Infiltration = 1 Hit
Simple: Throw grenade 2 Hits
Scatter: 4 meters - 1 Net hit = 3 Meters
Scatter Direction: 4 = Back towards thrower O.o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 40
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:48 am

"Frag! Frag! What was that... Kess come in, what the hells going on im coming in with the truck..." The rather large SUV was Kicking up dirt in an effort to make it through the loose dirt on the ground it sped along unhindered through the strech of land between him and kess heading more for the explosion the for kess not wanting to hit his teammate and friend... "Ashe get ready for targets give'em the shock of there life, Specter call your elemental for catching whatever the hell is out there. k? here we go...!"

(Ooc: When its my turn gonna pull up in fron of kess do like a cross between a burn out and a little drifting maybe create some cover for him idk let me know when its my turn...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:21 am

Having been falling behind Kesslan at full sprint, when he came to a sudden halt Seij lost the shifter completely. The sense of being watched, of impending danger had not left him, but he was unable to immediately pinpoint the source of the feeling and he still had a teammate in trouble. He turned back to resume Kesslan's trail when a bright flash lit up the newly-fallen twilight. Seij threw himself prone. Aside from protecting his low-light eyes from the blinding glare, this maneuver had the added advantage (he hoped) of keeping his position from being too easily spotted.
Just as he was about to get to his feet again another explosion flashed and Seij tucked his head down to avoid the glare as well as flying debris. Whatever Kess was lobbing pineapples at was obviously not going down easily.
Seij counted two ticks, three ticks, four...five, and then scrambled to his feet...just in time to hear the rumbling of LT's truck behind him, coming fast. Again the dark elf threw himself to the ground, this time to the side and log-rolled out of the truck's path as quickly as he could.
Drek!
Camouflage could mean the difference between collecting a payday or a permanent plascrete headrest, but it had its drawbacks as well.
"I know you can't see me, ya big lug," Seij subvocalized to LT, "but try not to run over me while you're doing your 'daring rescue' thing, eh?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:26 am

*Crack* *Crack* *Crack* *Crack*

The distinct sound of semi-automatic weaponry being fired reverberated throughout the large empty field. The noise was likely amplified by the trees the attackers were on the edge of, either in front of, or inside of. The trees acted as a sound barrier, reflecting some of the sound back out in to the open field; doubling the effect of the original noises.

*Crack-Crack-Crack* *Crack-Crack-Crack*

The sound of a burst-fire weapon being shot intermingled with the single-shot sounds to create a cacophonous effect. The tree line, again, added to the noise and distraction. Anyone who does not have Sound Suppression must roll a Body+Willpower (2) test, or be distracted (-2 to all actions).
Fortunately, the attackers did not have anyone obvious to shoot at, and were unsure of even where to point their weapons. Despite that, of course, there was certainly plenty of training on how to do "suppression fire" among most weapons experts. And these attackers were fair enough in their suppression attempts. For the moment. After the above test, Kesslan: Dodge test (2), or take 4+hits damage. Jagger: Seij is immune to this as long as he's prone; but the moment he gets up, he'll have to make the same test as well.
Seij was especially surprised by the suppression fire. None of it hit him, but a few rounds came close: the ground about him emitting the *Zzzip* sound as bullets impacted with soft earth. If he looked, he would also see the slight puff of dirt that billowed up, just high enough to be seen over the deep grass. But there was nowhere near enough smoke to distracting.

@Kesslan: You're up again.

@Ghost: Dodge test for the Truck: threshold 2. I'm not sure there is any chance the damage will penetrate - but it might scratch the paint...
Also: You'll arrive on your turn. You won't have another action - driving/stopping is all you can do (you can't even get out without an Athletics test (4) to manage the jump without injury).
Also: Confirm for me how many IPs you have?

@Kesslan: As before, if you post Perception rolls, I will tell you what you can perceive...

Round one:
18 Kesslan 1/4
13 Seij 1/4

Not in Initiative yet (post freely):
16 Ashe 0/4
12 LT 0/2
6- Specter 0/1


Last edited by Gala on Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1351
Age : 37
Location : Near Cologne
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:57 am

Darkon wrote:
Initiative roll 6+hits (6d6. hits(5)=0) (What the... I've rolled a critical glitch again, and thus have an initiative of 6-. )

(I will be the last one to act. )

_________________
„I’m Talking to you. Don’t you understand English?” Talking
Talking for Wreck
Descriptions and deeds. Just like that.
thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 2140
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:53 pm

Sound resistance test: 0 hits -2 to everything ever.
Dodge Test: 5 hits. I am THE ONE!
Perception Tests:
Hearing: 3 Hits
Smell: 1 Hit
Visual: 3 hits
(At -4 dice to all tests, that's pretty damn good)

The grenade blast that had gone off far closer than he'd anticipated after bouncing off a tree trunk, the gunfire, the effect all the flashes of light had in the darkness, it all conspired against Kesslan as he tried to decide what to do next. In the end he chose to continue and try to slink closer while trying to find one of the enemy so he could finally start actually fighting back. At least he'd gotten them to start giving away their positions with all that gunfire and if nothing else it would potentially give him muzzle flash points to look for so that he could perhaps try to pick them off with his sniper rifle, or perhaps even sneak up on and take them out with his sword.

Free: Move
Complex: Full Defense
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:56 am

Sound Resistance= 3
No penalty

Sneak= 3
In the back of his mind Seij marvelled at the speed at which their arrival had escalated into this battlefield skirmish, while in the forefront he focused mainly on keeping his head down. Not relishing the idea of trying to get to his feet under weapons fire, he instead crab-crawled, keeping his submachine gun grasped tightly in one hand if not actually at the ready, toward the relative cover of the treeline.

Visual Scan= 5 (I am the Two!)
As he went he scanned ahead for any glimpses of light that marked muzzle flashes. He surely didn't want to creep right up on an enemy position. Not, at least, until he could assume a better tactical advantage himself. Once he had acquired cover and could set himself for covert target acquisition, however, then he'd see what could be done about these ambushing cretins.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:37 pm

OOC: Ghost: you can post in your Dodge roll for the Truck whenever your next post is. For the time being, I will NPC you.

The Truck careened forward, seemingly out of control. It was bouncing this way and that, travelling far faster than the terrian warranted. But LT was on a mission, and was not going to come in too late for the team. Unfortunately, Ashe and Specter were entirely unprepared for the ride.
"Go..ad Gaw..oh...ods" Ashe tried to push out, between the thumps and bumps of the Truck bouncing over the rough terrain. What she was trying to say was "Good Gods..." but what came out was, if even intelligible, something entirely different.
Unfortunately for the two women, neither of them had considered putting on a seat belt. And the ride was nothing like what they'd been used to in the big city of Seattle. And with the two of the bouncing around in the back of the Truck like super-balls, it was unlikely Ashe would be able to find any other words. At least, until the Truck came to a stop.

In it's careening trajectory, LT inadvertently nearly flattened Seij on his headlong rush toward thier mutual teammate as well. Seij had the good luck, timing, skill, sense, what have you, to leap out of the way just in time. It was fortunate for Seij on two levels! As 1. he wasn't flattened! And 2. he managed to be lucky enough to choose just the right moment to leap out of the way of the onrushing truck to not be in the line of fire of the now-attacking opponents. Jagger: You now have partial cover from the Truck - if you move out behind it. Due to gun-angles, though, it's only partial cover.

@Kesslan: You're up. The Suppression fire continues - dodge again (still Threshold 2). Reminder: in order to attack next turn, you'll have to lose your action to return from "Full Defense".
@Specter: You have line of sight on the "enemy"... You'll have to succeed in a Willpower+Body 2 test to cast a spell; because you're bouncing so hard! If you succeed, you may cast, on your turn. Otherwise you're still effectively "out". In the mean time: you may post an IC post for the riding, and include your Body+Willpower.

Round Two:
18 Kesslan 2/4
16 Ashe 0/4
13 Seij 1/4
12 LT 0/2
6- Specter 0/1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 2140
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:45 pm

Reaction to avoid being hit: 2 Hits

Now that Kesslan had the 'scent' of his foe as it were he focused on one of the figures he could see running through the forest and, staying in his crouched position pulled his rifle up into the ready position from where he'd kept it slung over his back, taking a quick bead in trying to line up his cross-hairs before snapping off a shot. He wasn't entirely certain he'd land a hit pulling something like that but it was important to start going on the offensive rather than the whole team stuck on the defensive. Besides, he was a good enough shot he might even pull it off. "4 of them, moving in the trees." he commed to the team in an even tone.

Free: Speak
Simple: Ready Weapon
Simple: Fire Weapon 4 Hits


Last edited by Kesslan on Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1351
Age : 37
Location : Near Cologne
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:07 pm

Spellcasting while being on a bumpy ride (2) Bod3+Will5=8d (8d6. hits(5)=2)

Gosh what a ride. LT was a reckless driver. It didn't help that the seat was at least three buttcheeks too wide and she had forgotten to fasten the seatbelt. But then, LT did accelerate rather surprisingly. With both hands stemmed against the cars ceiling she managed not to fall over. Once again she was glad to be flat. Unnessecarily bouncing anatomy would only make keeping steady more difficult. And she really did not want to lose balance again. If I fall on Ashe one more time, she'll probably think I'm doing it on purpose and fry me, leaving only my smoking boots.

Somewhere outside, guns rattled, spreading angry metal bumblebees. Speaking of frying. I think I should help my team mates.


_________________
„I’m Talking to you. Don’t you understand English?” Talking
Talking for Wreck
Descriptions and deeds. Just like that.
thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:16 am

Ashe, in an attempt to help out, had conjured a ball of light in front of her. It was hard to tell what she was intending to do with it, because just at that moment, LT hit another bump, and the ball of light flickered out. She tried again, but with the same result, then sighed. She put her hands on the ceiling, as if to hold her down in the seat of the Truck. It seemed to be working, somewhat... But she clearly wasn't casting the way she would have liked.

Meanwhile, Kesslan managed to "pop off" a good shot at one of the shooters. There was a loud metal *PING* from the general area of where Kesslan was shooting. Followed immediately after by that shooter ceasing it's shooting. At least, for the moment. So, likely Kesslan had caught it on a heavilly armored section; and done some damage just the same! So, for the moment there were only 3 shooters.
This further confirmed that the shooters were very well trained, and that they were using their training to make it appear as though there were more of them. Though the confirmation was simple enough for Kesslan to see - that did not mean the rest of the team would. This tactic was one Kesslan was familiar with; but hadn't seen used by Shadowrunners before...

Round Two:
18 Kesslan 2/4
16 Ashe 1/4
13 Seij 2/4
12 LT 0/2
6- Specter 0/1

Seij: You're up. The truck LT is driving is now providing partial cover (+2 to your Dodge rolls). It also limits the numbers of potential targets you have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:03 am

He was too far away to get a clear shot, both LT's truck and Kesslan were between Seij and their attackers. His only option at the moment was to try and make it to a better vantage point - the truck itself would be a good source of cover, if he could only get there.

Seij got to his feet and ran pellmell for LT's vehicle, following a serpentine, zig-zagging pattern (like in the trids) to confuse the shooters in the trees and thus give himself a better chance of reaching the truck.

Dodging Ranged Fire= 4, 4
(Gala, I rolled once for standing up and once for running. The results are the same for both rolls, so if you only require one the score is 4.)

The piercing whine and small puffs of erupting dirt around Seij's feet served to spur him on and he ran for all he was worth, which at the moment seemed to him to be quite a lot. It was always surprising to the dark elf how self preservation could render all the vagueries of modern life - the latest and sexiest cars, the newest electronic gadgets, all the glitz - to nothing when one's entire purpose was reduced to simply taking...that...next...step.

Reaching LT's truck, Seij threw his back against the side and crouched for a moment to catch his breath and take stock of himself. He didn't think he'd been hit, but when the adrenaline ran high and the mind's focus narrowed to a pinpoint, such things could be missed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 40
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:18 am

(I lost my post damn mouse slip so quick version)

Truck dodge roll = 3 hits

Maneuver truck roll = 2hits

LT did little dodging but he was sure the armor would hold... More concerned with maneuvering around Seij and trying to point the back of the truck at the enemies mid spin. When this was barely done the back window dropped open and the AR was revealed All the warning LT Offered was his voice over the sub-vocal to the truck and kess "Acquire targets non Friendlies only!!! Kess!! GETS DOWN...!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:57 pm

There were a few *ping*-*ping* noises from the side of the truck, but surprisingly few. The muzzle flashes coming from what appeared to be 8 seperate attackers seemed to cover "the field" quite effectively, so LT was proud when he managed to keep the truck mostly unharmed.
In the back, Ashe was turning non-healthy colors. It seemed as though the ride was not sitting well with her... PUN intended!!!

Round Two:
18 Kesslan 2/4
16 Ashe 1/4
13 Seij 2/4
12 LT 1/2
6- Specter 0/1

Specter: You're up. You may cast physical only spells, which are LOS or LOS(a), since you succeeded your concentration check.

Kesslan: you're up for your third pass once Specter has posted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 2140
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:27 pm

"Drones as distraction." Kesslan sent out over the comlink. Peripherally he was aware of the others approaching and focused instead on what was going on in the physical world, he needed the AR feeds given his team mates were now going to be nearby and the drones would, at least potentially, be easier to spot. Still he started to move forward again, despite LT's warnings to get down as he decided it was best to try and work past the drones, and find out just where the actual metas he'd spotted had gone. Clearly they'd used the drones as a distraction or at the very least a holding action while they made their escape. Of course it was equally likely that they were simply biding their time to launch a counter attack or try and slip around the group and come from behind in a flanking move. At this point he just had to try and trust in his speed and armour to keep him safe...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 2140
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:37 pm

With no new incoming fire or apparent change of tactics by what was presumably simply a net of drones, Kesslan simply tried to keep his head down while he made a beeline for the treeline. If he could get into the trees he'd at least find some cover. With any luck the drones were only there as a distraction to cover the escape of whom ever had been there, if they were unlucky however the drones were really just a distraction while an ambush was being set-up or while the enemy flanked the group. Kesslan wasn't sure which it was but he damn well intended to find out.

Free: run
Complex: Full Defence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:29 pm

Kesslan scampered forward, staying low and clear of the bullets. He was experienced enough, and skilled enough, to immediately realize that the drones were using repeating patterns, and were not using targeting systems. Even with his camouflage, the drones shouldn't have continued to lay down such a predictable and simplistic suppression pattern. It was effective, for the most part, for medium distance targets, but it wouldn't do at all against close or long distances. Because he was paying close attention, Kesslan was easily able to avoid any of the threat patterns. His forward movement was as quick as he could pull off, while carefully staying out of the paths of the bullets, but it was still quite a bit faster than it would otherwise have been. i.e. He manages walking speed without a dodge test. A dodge (2) and a run (2) test will allow run-speed; and get you to the woods next round; otherwise it will be the following round.

Ashe, attempting to keep herself together on the rough ride was holding the ceiling in an attempt to reduce the amount of bouncing she was doing on the seat.
"This i..is a..." She started to say, before a particularly disruptive bump lifted the entire truck off it's wheels, spinning them in mid air for a moment before it came bouncing back to the ground. LT's driving was impressive, but it was all Ashe could to to keep her neck from being broken.
"Bumpy ri...de." She managed to finish, after several breaths. Her normally pale skin was completely void of all color; as though she had attempted a particularly challenging spell, and failed. Or, perhaps, she'd just taken a bullet. Obviously, since she was speaking normally, that wasn't the case. But her skin tone, and her eye movements were similar to the last time she had been in dire condition. This time, though, it was likely merely due to her lack of preparation for this kind of a ride. Ashe heaved about as the truck continued to bounce on it's way.

Round Three:
18 Kesslan 3/4
16 Ashe 2/4
13 Seij 2/4
12 LT 1/2
6- Specter 0/1

@Specter: You may go at any time.

@Seij: You're up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:05 pm

Scampering for the trees= 1 hit (27m and a glitch)

Still trying to emulate the combat tactics from his childhood trids, Seij was paying more attention to maneuvering than where he was actually going. This fact came home to him in the split second before he collided with LT's truck. The clang of his submachine gun against the rear of the vehicle, followed immediately by a grunt as all the air left his body, was probably unheard by anyone inside the truck with all the intervening racket. Though his armor absorbed most of the impact, Seij nonetheless had the wind knocked out of him, not to mention a few good bruises, and he sank to the ground in agony.

(Gala, I don't know how to determine how much damage this would incur, so I throw myself, or rather Seij's self, on the mercy of the GM.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1351
Age : 37
Location : Near Cologne
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:10 pm

It was difficult to keep eye contact with the muzzle flashes out there. But Specter managed it by pressing her hands against the ceiling and anchoring her feet under the seat in front of her, pressing herself against the seat while looking through the window. Not much she could do. Except for one thing.

She reached into the mana, focussing the flow with her blessed mind. The shamaness was 'aiming' at one of the points where the muzzle flashes stroboscobed. "Have... a... nice..."

Casting Levitate force 5 Magic5+Sorcery4+Mentor spirit bonus2=11d (11d6. hits(5)=4) 4 hits
Drain for Levitate spell threshold(F5/2)+1=3 Charisma6+Will5=11d (11d6. hits(5)=4) no drain

Where she had softly wrapped the mana around Alexia only a day or so ago, here she pressed the powers together onto the hapless target and jerked it upwards as sudden as a hunting Owl grabs a mouse. The albino elfgirl lifted the target a good ten meters into the air before turning around the direction, plunging it down onto the ground as hard as she could, being assisted by mother earths own field of gravity. "...trip!"

_________________
„I’m Talking to you. Don’t you understand English?” Talking
Talking for Wreck
Descriptions and deeds. Just like that.
thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 40
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:29 pm

With the back facing the enemy and the front facing opposite its original position The Ruhmetall Began Training Hostile targets at LT's command TARGETS ACQUIRED The truck sounded and "Dump on'em Then!" Strangely enough dump was the command word for fire in the trucks registry it was one of those hood things LT just could not seem to shake for the most part he could but not really you could take the troll out of the hood but not the hood out of the troll so to speak....

Duggo, Duggo, Duggo! the Machine Gun spit over and over at the drones!

pilot 5, targeting 6, Smart gun System 13dice = 3hits i doubt those ones add up to a glitch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:52 am

One of the point sources disappeared while at the same time, a second started to raise up in to the air. It accelerated upward quickly reaching 10 meters in height before stopping abruptly. The drone did not stop shooting on the way up. Though, as soon as it was resolved above the tree-line, and the muzzle flashes of the drone were completely distinguishable, the Jet, being piloted by Eleanor behind the team, had a clear shot without any possibility of accidental collateral damage, and shredded the drone to pieces. The three loud bangs that the jet's 50-caliber machine-gun made were obvious, loud, and easilly distinguished from the significantly smaller caliber guns the drones seemed to be using.
"Got it!" Eleanor announced over the team line, a hint of satisfaction was distinguishable in her smooth multitonal voice.

Ashe, meanwhile, seemed to have finally pulled herself together enough to be moderately useful. Taking her queue from Specter, Ashe realized that she would be more effective following Specter's lead than she would zapping them, as Levitate was quite a bit easier to cast. With a quick hand-motion, she buckled her seat belt, thanking her luck stars that there seemed to have been a lull in the bouncing for a moment. While the seat belt clicked in to position, she had already started muttering, and shortly thereafter, her hands were moving up in front of her as her mind commanded the mana flowing through her to take shape. Like Specter, Ashe grabbed at the point-source, and was fortunate in that she also managed to actually grab ahold one of the drones.
"Thanks Specter - good call on the Levitate!" She said quietly, as another of the muzzle flashes started to lift off the ground, accelerating upwards.
"Ooh! Another?" Eleanor responded excitedly. No doubt as soon as the muzzle-flashes stabilized, they would be shredded just like the previous one.

All the while, the mounted gun on the top of the Truck had started to do it's own work, targeting another of the point-sources for the muzzle-flashes.

Round Three:
18 Kesslan 3/4
16 Ashe 3/4
13 Seij 3/4
12 LT 1/2
6- Specter 1/1

@LT: You can post the rest of your actions whenever you're ready.

@Kesslan: You're up again. You've closed half the distance to the tree-line; you're now just over 15 meters out. The Drone Specter lifted was, coincidentally, the one directly in front of you, so: 1) the sound penalty is now gone, and 2) you're no longer in threatened ground. No one seems to have noticed you either.


Last edited by Gala on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 2140
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:56 pm

Kesslan was growing concerned. The drones were at this point nothing more than a distraction, so what were the actual meta's he had spotted actually up to? If they had simply run away, that was bad enough, but at least it stopped them from being an immediate threat. If however they had circled around some how, that would be an entirely different story. None the less as the rest of the team arrived and started taking out the drones, Kesslan decided to once more make a rush towards the treeline, once there he would have to try to some how pick up the meta's trail and see where they had gone...


Free: Run
Complex: Full Defence


Last edited by Kesslan on Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 40
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:03 pm

LT was little worried about kess being alone, if the shifter got in over his head he could always sub-vocal him and the others. First they needed to narrow the playing failed a little he did not want to ignore the drones and become flanked and he'd lost track of the shape shifter anyway so he would check in when the task at hand was finished best he had with all the adrenalin...

He grabbed the Sniper rifle he'd stuck behind his seat. And flipped out the bi-pod in one swift Gesture, then got out bringing the rifle to bare and falling prone!


Last edited by Ghostmaker on Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:28 am

Reminder...:

There are now 2 attack drones firing a "Suppression Fire" pattern on the area in front of them. There was some overlap between the fire-patters of the drones when there were four drones.
The third of four drones is rising up in to the air, presumably from a levitate spell (happens to be Ashe's spell).
The fourth drone is falling to the ground in pieces - it has just been shredded by the Jet's machine guns.

Kesslan has managed to move beyond the Threatened ground, and happens to have escaped the loudest of the repeating firing noise. As soon as he got past the danger, he ran forward to the tree line.

Meanwhile, Seij has been chasing on Kesslan's heels, though falling slightly behind. And LT hopped in to the truck to chase - and managed to catch up fairly quickly. As soon as LT parked - he jumped out of the truck, pulled out his rifle, and fell prone to start shooting.


Kesslan: You're at the tree-line. There is still sufficient noise to stop you from hearing anything obvious from beyond the trees. The underbrush is thick enough that you can't see right through, which is likely part of the reason it was initially challenging to identify the number of Drones. However, there are some big tree-branches on the ground which you had to step on to get to the tree-line. So you are certain that you're at the same place the watching group came through the underbrush.

Round Four:
18 Kesslan 4/4
16 Ashe 3/4
13 Seij 3/4
12 LT 1/2
6- Specter 1/1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 2140
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:15 am

Having reached the tree line, Kesslan slowed down his advance as he paused to try and figure out where the quarry had gone. He needed to find their trail first, and he was sure they would leave at least some sign of their passage, but then again he knew some were so good they didn't, or at least not on the ground at any rate....

Free: Held
Simple: Observe in Detail
Simple: Held

Audio Perception: 2 hits
Visual/Smell: Smell 2 hits, Visual 1 hit
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   

Back to top Go down
 
A Time for Secrets
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Similar topics
-
» who is your favorite anime character of all time?
» Hot Tub Time Machine [Open]
» Time That Needs to be Spent
» Explorin' time!
» Strongest Crew Member (Time Skip)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowrun Online :: Library :: Archives :: Archives - :: Dead Runs :: Gala's Games-
Jump to: