Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.
 
Shadowrun HomeHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Share | 
 

 A Time for Secrets

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:21 am

Your sense of smell strikes first, keying in on the recent passage of some metahumanity. They didn't disguise their path in the least, and almost certainly passed through this point in the tree-line at least once, if not twice. Their smell is both quite recent, and quite clear. Unfortunately, there is enough other "smell polution" so to speak to stop you from identifying how many or what types of metahumans there were. But you can tell that more than one have recently come through this spot, or within a few feet.
In addition, you can clearly smell the recent smells of oil, likely from the drones being taken through here. And there is a slight under-smell of petrol exhaust. It could be from the drones, but it looks/smells like the drones were manually pulled through this spot. More likely it's from their transportation. It's older - maybe 15-30 minutes older than the more recent smell of the metahumans passing through here most recently.

Your audio perception is less useful, as there is a significant amount of audio background noise. You think you hear the sound of a truck, or perhaps some other type of ATV heading away from you. But you're not certain if the sound of an ATV/Truck can be differentiated from the sound of the repeating machine guns on the drones. At least, not at the moment - it could be the recently cleared up ringing that's throwing you off (i.e. not enough successes).

Looking at the scene, you can see some broken sticks up as high as you can reach. It might indicate that something came through this spot in a hurry. Or maybe that it was just so big that it had to disturb the branches. From your experience, the broken branches and leaves out of place might be about the right height for an Adult Troll.
Looking down you can see the grass and brush is similarly disturbed here. There is ample evidence of movement. Either a few people many times, or many people. You're not sure from the signs, though you do have further context...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 2140
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:49 pm

With an obvious trail to follow, Kesslan forged ahead at a slightly faster pace but held back from breaking out into a full on run on the off chance the enemy had either doubled back or laid booby traps behind them. With the others taking care of the drones he saw no reason to keep moving forward to at least try and establish where these others had gone. That they had been prepared showed him that at the very least the team was up against some one who had some considerable resources themselves. The real question was, who was it that had a tracker on the craft? He would assume the UCAS military, given hats whom it had been stolen from, but then he would have expected some special forces group to try and take it back, not... well not this. This seemed more like runners.

Free: Move
Simple/Complex: Held
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:44 am

The tie up:
Kesslan takes off in to the woods with LT, Ashe, Specter and Sieg hot on his trail. Despite their obviously impressive physical abilities, Kesslan and Sieg are unable to close the gap with their watchers/attackers - it is still unclear what their actual original intent was. And the team retreats, after a few more minutes of frantic searching, with 4 completely and totally destroyed attack drones in their possession.
"Maybe we'll get a lead, or something..." Ashe says, voicing a portion of the thoughts that were likely bouncing around in everyone's heads. A few short moments later, Alexia shows up grinning and hops in to the truck along side everyone else.
"Got em." She says, still grinning.
"What do you mean?" Kesslan asks, peering quizzically at Alexia.
"I mean: you managed to chase them right past me. And while I had a good hiding place, and they were well armed, I thought it was a better idea not to attack, I got a perfectly clear Astral read on them. I could pick them out of any line-up. I'm sure of it." She responded. The look on Kesslan's face darkened a bit, but he chose to hold his tongue for the moment.
"With that taken care of, though, can we return to our original plan?" She says, looking like a strange combination between excited and scared.

The team heads toward the docks, and the warehouse Eleanor had managed to locate. They park several blocks away, opting for the "silent" approach, and work their way through the darkened and silent streets together, approaching the broad boulevard, one block from their target, from a darkened side street.

The Docks
"Ok, one block, according to Eleanor." Ashe says, quickly checking her AR "map" with the her highlighted on it. She curses herself for a few moments, knowing that this is exactly the kind of situation which would prove the usefulness of an installed, and operational tacsoft system. She peers at the well-lit boulevard from the darkness of their side-street, noting the occasional car, and otherwise lack of population: guard or otherwise.
"Remember: our Astral scouting determined that there is only one night-watchman on duty, or, perhaps more on duty, but only one is doing rounds. We should be clear here." She said, looking around at the team.
"Thoughts? How do we want to approach this?" She asked, looking at the group as a whole, but mostly focusing on Kesslan. His leadership in these situations had often proven invaluable, and Ashe clearly trusted the man to make sure they didn't step in the proverbial Cow Patty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 40
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:27 am

LT Did not think much about the situation. He was still mostly fired up from the chase, they had Just had, and was ready to take on whatever may come... "I say U's Let me kicks in the doors waving my big Fragging guns around anybody shoots ats me's is getting shot, and then U's guys comes in and cleans houses" The Blank stares from all around did little to convenience him, it was a bad idea. LT was sure there would be resistance, but he figured he'd take one for the team. After all the little bit of logic LT commanded was saying, "hey someones gotta go in first!" and that person will probably get a little bloody once they entered. LT had the best chance of not taking as mortal a wound as the others might by that logic his reasoning was sound, but self sacrificing. Still he was confused why the others would look at him so, knowing him. After a brief moment he reacted with a blank stare of his own and a "What whys U's staring"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1351
Age : 37
Location : Near Cologne
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:19 am

"Just waiting for the director to shout cut. That's the most stereotype idea if I've ever heard one. LT, you're better than that." She smiled at the troll. "Besides, why should you draw the fire on yourself if we can avoid it alltogether? Instead, we should sneak inside. If we can round up the watchman before he can call for reinforcements, the hall should be empty. And if it is a trap, well, barging in won't exactly help us avoid it, right? We haven't seen anyone else in there." The albino elf paused to think, then added: "Of course, there might be sentries. We wouldn't be able to see them.

_________________
„I’m Talking to you. Don’t you understand English?” Talking
Talking for Wreck
Descriptions and deeds. Just like that.
thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 40
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:48 pm

LT responded in kind "I's Don't knows from Directors." He shrugged "It's U's pale hide then Lets just do it!" he spun the rotters with each hand on his monstrous twin Revolvers gleaming even in the dark in the same two motions Zzzzzz, Click, Clamp, Zzzzzz, Click, Clamp... He Holstered both hand cannons... Mostly looking at Specter LT never like hiding games though capable He just could never find anything his size to hide behind and he knew this would be no different...


Last edited by Ghostmaker on Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:42 pm

Seig, not one to go in 'guns blazing' unless there was no alternative, maintained his blank gaze throughout LT's rant...though this was his usual expression anyway.

"No good taking out the patrol guard without some recon. If he's clocking in to a perimeter alarm on a preset schedule, or similar setup, taking him down will only serve to set off the fireworks, even if we do it neat and tidy."

The dark elf switched his gaze primarily between Ash and Kesslan, though he made sure not to exclude LT, Spectre and Alexia. He wasn't suited to be a leader. He did, however, know his own worth when it came to infiltration and covert exercises. The more good intel they had to go on, despite the time it consumed to acquire, the better prepared they would be...especially when the unexpected factor arose, which almost always happened.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:18 am

Ashe bit her tongue, metaphorically, to swallow back a giggle at LT's statement. Just about to respond, Ashe was forced, again, to hold back her amusement to Specter's reply.
"Indeed," Ashe said, looking at Specter and LT.
"There does not seem to be a reason to invite resistance where there may otherwise be none. I agree that, since we're unaware of any specific schedule, we shouldn't be acting, too much, in haste." Ashe added, hopefully settling the mood slightly. She was tired, and would prefer her warm blanket and hammock to her armor any day, but since they needed to do this, it would be best not to get anyone hurt.
"No specific schedule?? It's my friend in there!" Alexia responded with a frown. Ashe merely nodded, as Sieg had spoken up.

"Well, I'll be of little help leading a stealthy infiltration - I'll be of better use following as support. Hopefully unnecessary support." Ashe said.
"Yeah, we don't need you stepping on any sticks and giving us away..." Alexia winked and grinned. Her face returned to a serious expression immediately.
"Jokes aside, you all know where I stand on this: stealth is always better. Ashe can hang back." She added, making it clear what she thought. Alexia and Ashe both looked around at the tight-knit group, waiting for their response.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 40
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:46 am

LT listened to the most of the groups consensus "Support" Ashe exclaimed "Stealth" was the general thoughts of Specter, Alexia, and Siege... He could Hear Job in the back of his mind "I'm Point LT you Back me up your Support but keep quite we don't want an all out war here strictly recon got it." He shook his head from the revelry. Making it look as though he was in agreement. "Ashe I's gots U's sixes I support too..."He looked around for rebuttals to this idea if any. With a face that read "NO REBUTTALS!" His reasons for it was sound, though he did not feel like explaining. Even if she showed no sign of fatigue Ash threw a lot of lightening around in the Military Airbase Op and she'd fallen from drain LT was Not to much into the "Hocus pocus poof" part of magic but he knew what drain was, and he knew what it could do he would keep watch over her and the others from the rear providing any Support Necessary... He cracked some knuckles on both massive hands with a powerful slap of palms to fists and CRACKED! one side of his neck leaning to other side he finally licked his left most prominent tusk and then patted his Cornrowed hair lastly throwing his Helmet back on...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:05 pm

"LT, are you sure you don't want point with Sieg and Kesslan? My guess is, if you're going to be needed, you'll be needed there first..." Ashe piped in. The truth was Ashe, having done the recon herself, didn't think there was much resistance waiting for them, and likely LT's suggestion of breaking down the door would actually work fine. But she was cautious by nature, and the stealthy entrance just felt better to her.
" I don't mind..." She added for good measure. Ashe looked to Kesslan, still waiting for his thoughts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 40
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:43 am

LT was taken aback by Ashe's statement but it didn't show. He Nodded agreement... Ashe was capable he knew, he just wanted to protect... Now he was just confused and unsure of where he belonged. Job liked to keep LT for the big surprise or the Calvary if he was caught, or in over his head LT would always stir things up on the few missions he'd had with the man. Almost always when it hit the fan LT would come in guns blazing giving Job the time needed to do what ever it was he was doing... Or he could just keep them busy while the Agent picked off the opposition...

He understood those rolls almost never had he been asked to take point... But he was so worked up inside he did not care. Point it was and point it should be... "Fine, fines Lets Just do's it. Dinners gettings Cold..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 2140
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:50 pm

"I would advise a cautious approach." Kesslan affirmed. "We know the location is supposed to come under attack and we know that some one has been tracking our movements, despite our best efforts to prevent them from doing so. As a result I'd lay good odds on this whole thing being a big trap. Still, it's also the only solid lead we've had on our mystery man." the shifter didn't like this, didn't like any of it at all but it was always possible things were exactly what they seemed to be. Still he wouldn't bet on it. "Besides, we get in there with a silent take down, get the hackers in place to take over the security system, we can be in and out without anyone ever having a clue we'd been there before we were long gone. Assuming of course it wasn't a trap."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:48 pm

Seig contented himself with just nodding at Kesslan's statements. While the dark elf knew there was plenty to be said for LT's approach - the 'surprise assault' could, and often did, take opponents by complete surprise, infiltration was always best accomplished when proximity, as well as intent, was kept unknown...and untraceable.

Still, Seig was not the leader of the team. And as a 'grunt', he'd follow the majority vote and do his best to make it work...whatever the team decided 'it' was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:15 am

"That works for me then. Kesslan, how do you want the group broken down here? Do you want to lead, and take LT and Sieg with you? Specter and I can bring up the rear with Alexia? Or would you prefer a different grouping?" Ashe asked, satisfied that everyone seemed to be on the same page, more or less.
"Oh, also, Specter: How good are you with stealth? Do you think you can be in the lead group? My guess is that it would be helpful to have a magician up front, though it's obviously not a requirement." Ashe added quickly, looking back to Kesslan to see if he had a reaction. She Ashe was certainly not going to be in the lead group, she was deferring to Kesslan, and the other stealthy team members, to arrange themselves, and initiate this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1351
Age : 37
Location : Near Cologne
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:42 am

Ashes question made Specter blush lightly. "I can sneak around on socks. But I'm no ninja." She pulled up the neckline of her facemask a centimeter or two, exposing the blue glow before putting it back again neatly. "I'm not made for hiding and sneaking, to be honest." Always thought about getting some training. But there was always something more important to do. "I can summon a spirit though, to conceal us. That might help."

_________________
„I’m Talking to you. Don’t you understand English?” Talking
Talking for Wreck
Descriptions and deeds. Just like that.
thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 40
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:34 am

"Goods ideas Ghosts elf, I's could use that help. I's not hide very well..." He said to specter, smiling at her idea, and fully agreeing with her suggestion, to summon a spirit to help them hide there approach and movement... Line had used a spirits as back up for them during the attack on the Air base, and they were most useful. He was not sure how they would aid them in hiding, But he knew they could do almost anything spirits were just that awesome to LT, and he approved of anything to help him hide. While he trusted the armor Job had got them to for fill his wish, He was simply to big for the Ruthenium polymers to to keep hidden for long he would have to move in such a way as to not attract attention...

After any preparations spells, buffs, or spirits

LT Speaks into his PAN "Stealth Modes" and his Stature is quickly cloaked by the ruthenium polymers fading mostly from view more blending in to the background but moving to the front line of the team formation with Kess and Siege...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:58 am

Seig looked intently at Kesslan as he broached another possible course...though he knew the team would most likely be opposed.

"There is more than one way to skin a cat, so the saying goes. When one is sure of a trap...or sufficiently suspicious of one...one can discover much by springing the trap then waiting to see who shows up to gloat..."

The dark elf let his eyes scan the faces of his team briefly but ultimately looked back to Kesslan. As their leader, even against opposition from the rest, he had the final say on their chosen actions. And Seig was confident in the shifter's ability to choose the most effective plan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 2140
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:40 am

Kesslan had to take a few moments to think about this 'long and hard' as it were though really it was more to gather the time to go over what details the group knew of the layout and what was there. If this place WAS a trap, and the astral recon didn't find anything then maybe there was some sort of magical or technical based trap they just couldn't see. Heck maybe it was a combination of both given that the astral didn't let you see through things, though you could, at least as a purely astral being go through them, and he assumed they had to the best extent they could. It certainly wasn't a feat a dual natured being like himself could accomplish. "It's best to play it safe and just sneak in. We know it was a setup and they may well have another trap ready to spring. I'll go in as I can keep an eye out on the astral as well as physical, and this armour has ruthenium coating. Seig, you come in behind me, if something springs the armour should take the brunt of it and keep me safe. If it's magical well.. I can manage usually. LT we'll have you trail in a little ways behind Seig ready to bring up some heavy fire support just in case and the rest of you stick on standby to drop in if the drek hits the fan and keep an eye out on the outside of the building in case they have some sort of external interception team posted a few blocks away." he mentally sighed, he didn't like this sort of thing, too many unknowns and he'd learned that with whom ever they were dealing with, nothing seemed to be what it really was. That trick with switching an ancient ATM alone showed what kind of resources they were throwing into this and he some how couldn't shake the feeling that this call from Alexia's connection for help was some how tied into all of this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1351
Age : 37
Location : Near Cologne
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:00 pm

Specter nodded to all this. "I will summon a spirit that will help conceal you all. I can send it with you and stay behind. I think that would be the best way to do it. You just have to stay within it's senses reach."

With that she stood up and breathed deeply a few times. Then the elf reached into the mana, calling, beckoning, she made contact with a spirit and guided it from it's natural plane to Gaias shadow.

Summoning Spirit of Air force 5. Magic5+Conjuring(group)4=9d (9d6. hits(5)=5](Summoning Spirit of Air, 5 hits)

Spirit of Air Force 5 Resistance roll. (5d6. hits(5)=1](The spirit resists with 1 hit. It owes Specter 4 Services.)

Drain resistance DV2 (11d6. hits(5)=4]Specter suffers no drain.

Fortunately, the spirit did not need to struggle through much thick mana. And appeared, materializing on the physical plane hovering before Specter. It looked a bit like a humanoid figure made of clouds. The features shifting, like they would in a cloud one observes on a summer day. Now it looked like an overweight postman, then again it had the form of a lady with a limp. "You called?" It asked with a voice like a breeze in an alley.

Specter nodded. "Yes, and thank you for following my call. You can help us. We will split up in two groups. And I want you to hide one group from anyone but the members of that group. Also, if they get attacked, I want you to protect them and, if you can to help fight the attackers. In a few moments I can tell you who the group is you are to accompany. Ok?"

The spirits head floated up and down. It probably was a nod. "I have time. Please go on." With that, it floated among them and, as it seemed, watching the assembled metahumans with some interest.

_________________
„I’m Talking to you. Don’t you understand English?” Talking
Talking for Wreck
Descriptions and deeds. Just like that.
thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:56 am

"Sounds like we're ready..." Ashe said, looking around at the group.
"Me and Specter in reserve; Kesslan taking the lead with Sieg and LT pulling up the rear. The only question now is..." Ashe began, but was cut off.
"Where do you want me?" Alexia jumped in, completing Ashe's thought, and taking a step forward so that all eyes swung in her direction. Alexia addressed Kesslan, her arms crossed, and none of her more frequently playful demeanor showing. She was on edge, and her friend was the one inside. She hoped.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:16 am

Seig nodded at Kesslan and began prepping for the assault on the warehouse. In just about any other situation, LT as their heavy hitter would have taken the lead, but the big guy had no talent for astral perception, and even as an adept, the dark elf himself had no real ability to perceive the astral as their shifter leader, and therefore silently agreed with Kesslan

taking point.
So, Seig adjusted the straps and ties of his gear securely to minimize noise as much as possible while moving. Total silence was an impractical goal as the more he restricted his armor's flexibility, the more it would restrict his freedom of movement. But the suit was designed to prevent pockets as well as worn gear from bouncing and jostling too much, thus making it more difficult to detect movement by sound from more than a few meters away.

This task done, Seig checked his SMG's combat readiness by running a quick diagnostic scan via his personal network and the weapon's smartgun system. Having previously replaced the expended clip with a fresh one, the weapon had had time to cool since its last use and the diagnostic showed all functions to be nominal.

Next, the dark elf set his commlink to be 'visible' to all members of the team, but hidden from any wireless sources outside the team. In addition, he set the Analyze program to 'Running', actively monitoring his personal node and its actions.

Finally, he activated his own form-fitting armor suit's camouflage capability, which, coupled with the dark of night, would greatly enhance his ability to move virtually unseen...depending on exterior lighting of course. The camouflage could not cloak him from astral perception nor magical detection, but would still make it difficult to pinpoint Seig's location visually. One drawback of the camouflage system was his teammate's inability to locate him as well. However, they would be able to track him by his commlink signal.

When he felt ready, Seig subvocalized the word "Green," and watched Kesslan, waiting for the shifter's signal to move out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1139
Age : 32
Location : U.S.
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Priest Sarah Gaven
Race: ork
Sex: female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:02 am

--Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery..--

As the jets lights turned on and the team loaded into the jet for the upcoming mission, Several drones followed along with them. Fathers saints, all 4 of the drones that were each themselves formidable, but together were tougher then most swat teams were leading the way for 2 of the Cyberspace Dragonflies, and the 2 Steel Lynx. Filing in behind all of them was Father, walking as calmly as he ever did up the blood pan on the plane, reading quietly from his book, taking a seat and awaiting take off. "Any requests for in-flight music, i promise, no gospel?"

-- Today is a gift, that's why it is called the present--

As the group conversed about the best idea to enter the building, Father calmly walked up from behind them. His drones following obediently behind him as he cleared his throat, the 4 Saints at his feat, the dragonflys landing on each shoulder, as the Steel Lynx's rolled up behind him, more firepower then he probably needed, but it was once said that when you need something and didn't have it, all sang a different tune. "Sorry i'm late my children, unfortunately it appears i was busy defending our home node and had lost all track of time, anyone kindly mind helping me get up to speed, or should i just send in my friends and level the building?" As father finished his sentence, his eyes never wavering from behind his ever present book, he turned a page and each drone cycled it's perspective weapons systems, having them loaded and at the ready.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:54 am

Turning to face Father, Seig let the 'children' comment pass. That was just Father's thing. He usually reserved the term for his drones, but sometimes, like now, the technomancer mistook the real world for a Matrix-generated

'reality.' Regardless, Seig was glad to see the arrival of 'the cavalry.' He (Seig) would never impune LT's skill at being the team's heavy-hitter, but there was no way the big guy could cover the sheer expanse of the

warehouse. Father's drones could do this, as well as provide some much-needed extra firepower.
"Your timing, as always, Father, comes as if by divine intervention."

Not the team's most vocal member, usually, Seig ran down the bare bones of their current situation:

*Alexia's "friend" beamed her amessage: "My team is dead and I'm next."
Eleanor traced the transmission to the warehouse 2 blocks away.
It's a full-sized port warehouse, likely used for loading/unloading full-sized shipping barges - it's a huge building. Eleanor confirmed that the call had to originate from those very coordinates.
Basically, Eleanor confirmed that it was an ambush, and that all of the rest of Alexia's contact's team is most likely dead; but couldn't confirm that Alexia's contact is dead.
We talked about it, and the team agreed to go along, mostly to keep Alexia safe (or keep an eye on her).
Ashe and Specter checked the astral, and determined there is only a single night-shift guard working.*

"We're preparing to undertake a stealth assault -- Kesslan, myself, and LT on point; Ashe, Specter, and Alexia bringing up the rear while monitoring the astral as well as guarding against unnoticed unfriendly implacements."

Seig fell silent again, letting Father process their intel as it now stood. He also wanted to give anyone else a chance to add whatever they felt was appropriate, if anyone so chose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 40
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:28 pm

LT smiled at the appearance of Father "Padres is here huh" He thought, Nothing really surprised LT when it came to this one He knew little of him and had spent almost no time getting to know him since he had his own issues to deal with the fact was he did know the man was sure of himself and all the wet ware he controlled was formidable indeed... All in all LT was happier the man was here but also a little weary the all the artillery could draw a lot of attention... They did not want attention but this was an assault... And he was prepared so screw it too much thinking made LT's head hurt he wanted to get it over with get it in and he had an idea... how to get it moving... His Sub-Vocal went off...

"Looks this is alls wells and goods Plan but we gotta go already guys gonna bes a deaded dwarfs, hey Padres Glad yous could makes it... Now I'm going across this street to dis places, If yous don't wants me to kick the doors opens and moves in I's is suggesting yous get yous Slots in gears and get that doors opens quietly Like... LT Out..."
And with that he moved in

Stealth roll 3 hits GLITCH

OOC: G if you would address the glitch LT is trying to sneak his way to the door relying on his stealth skill and the stealth SWAT armor and i glitched...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:27 pm

Knowledge Test (Logic 3 + Urban Combat 4) = 4 hits
With their chosen, if somewhat reluctant, leader holding back (for what reason was anyone's guess), and LT proving true to his nature and barreling headlong into what was almost certainly an ambush of some kind, Seig could only rely on his knowledge of urban combat tactics to provide the big guy with adequate backup.
Sneaking behind LT = 5 hits

Firearm at the ready, the dark elf kept his ears and eyes peeled for any sound and/or movement that might give away an enemy's location or actions.
Audio (Intuition 4 + Perception 3 + Audio Enhancement 3) = 2 hits
Visual (Intuition 4 + Visual Perception 5 + Enhancement 3) = 5 hits

If there was anything Seig knew about this kind of urban assault, it was this: even the most well-choreographed plan could only maintain its integrity until the opponent's move. Because an adversary seldom acted as expected, a team had to adapt to whatever their adversary's actions were, and usually on the spur of the moment.
So, it was with this in mind that Seig followed LT across the street in the direction of the nearest entrance, keeping some little distance between them so as not to present a combined target. He could only depend on the rest of the team altering their approaches accordingly, including Father and his mechanical entourage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   

Back to top Go down
 
A Time for Secrets
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Similar topics
-
» who is your favorite anime character of all time?
» Hot Tub Time Machine [Open]
» Time That Needs to be Spent
» Explorin' time!
» Strongest Crew Member (Time Skip)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowrun Online :: Library :: Archives :: Archives - :: Dead Runs :: Gala's Games-
Jump to: