Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeSalutations and Greetings! SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Salutations and Greetings!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer
CrowDancing

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2012-05-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Salutations and Greetings! Empty
PostSubject: Salutations and Greetings!   Salutations and Greetings! EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 5:19 pm

Hello everyone and let me introduce myself, then I have a few things I wish to expound upon.

My pseudonym, here at least, is CrowDancing. It is one I have been using for over two decades now. I'm a 46 year old white male living in BC Canada.
I've been playing role-play-games since I was about 11 or 12. Breaking my teeth on the original Basic D&D box set and I fell in love with it. Not just the game but the hilarious and fun stories that evolved in those games. That was quickly followed by AD&D then I found GURPS which lead to Shadowrun, Heros, Vampire, and many many more.
Typical of life the older I got the less time I had to play and the fewer players were available on the same schedule as me. I pared down the games to the ones I enjoyed the most and could find players. I also switched venues, finding more players online than physically. I still play D&D and I still play here.
Outside of this I have been in manufacturing my whole career, much of that in Quality Inspection. I'm happily married, have no kids, and live perpetually on the poverty line. I am also right on track for my life-long goal of being one of those crazy Grumpy Old Men the kid's are afraid to even walk past (look up the movie if you want an idea).

It has been very quiet in these shadows for some time now. Quiet, but not silent as Ghostmaker and I are still making a little noise in here. Recently Digital Doom, (who, as far as I can discern, is) one of the founders, has found his way back home and is already working to rebuild this place to the active hub of gaming it once was and should be again. Starting with well needed but simple cleaning up and some updating/restructuring.
Digital Doom's task is pretty big but it's not the only critically important factor, and that's people. This whole site is dedicated to telling stories and playing a game, not always at the same time, and that requires people. People to give us feedback that will help refine this site. People to run the games, play the games, tell the stories and even read the stories.
So for everyone who reads this post I ask that you introduce yourselves, even if you have already done so in the past. Don't worry if it's just a one line hello or a synopsis of your life. All are welcome. Let's start anew and build ourselves a community here.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Salutations and Greetings!   Salutations and Greetings! EmptySat Jun 11, 2016 6:51 am

I love this i wanna do this too bounce
Back to top Go down
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer
CrowDancing

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2012-05-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Salutations and Greetings!   Salutations and Greetings! EmptySat Jun 11, 2016 10:37 am

Good. Do it!
Back to top Go down
Digital Doom
Admin
Admin
Digital Doom

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Character sheet
Character Name: Digital Doom
Race: Human
Sex: M

PostSubject: Greatings Salutations!   Salutations and Greetings! EmptySat Jun 11, 2016 8:19 pm

Many of you know me as I have been in the Shadows for a LONG time. My name is Digital Doom. I was part of an elite team of hackers that was sent against the virus that took down the matrix way back. I found that after the fight many of my friends were dead. I fled as many of us were disappearing, and started many nodes that were dedicated to running the shadows, starting back in '89 with 1st edition.

The sites have changed through the years, we were a hosting site for live action games at one point, we were also a post site for people to post their house rules and favorite archetypes. I even created a few new races that are still not found in Shadowrun with my buddy Shade.

I have since retired to running this Seattle Shadow node. I am trying to get more activity as the more information we can get the better the chances for our survival. Mega-corps don't like us, but they use us. Law enforcement hates us. We get things done, and we all are expendable. This was the main reason Keyboard Kowboy (God rest his soul) and I left the military. We were expendable for the UCAS. Now I am doing what I want at the risks that I am willing to take.

A lot has happened through the years, and things keep moving forward. I plan on making this site better than we ever have before, with the help from all of you.

Digital Doom

Founder of Shadowrun Survival Guide (currently a Facebook page)
Founder of Shadowrun Online PbP (here)
and long time runner, GM, and hacker extraordinaire.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/shadowrunsurvivalguide/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Salutations and Greetings!   Salutations and Greetings! Empty

Back to top Go down

Salutations and Greetings!
Page 1 of 1