Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeInteresting and/or useful knowledge skills SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Interesting and/or useful knowledge skills

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SPCOsborne
Meat
Meat
SPCOsborne

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2010-01-01

Character sheet
Character Name: Melvin Herbowitz
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

Interesting and/or useful knowledge skills Empty
PostSubject: Interesting and/or useful knowledge skills   Interesting and/or useful knowledge skills EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 5:31 am

I was wondering what people like to put down for their knowledge skills, most of the time with the games I've played they've only been used for flavor (I did get to ID a few Urban Brawl players in a game but that's about it for usefulness)

So what useful skills do you guys like to put down in the knowledge skills category (aside from language skills)?

I was actually thinking for my troll which is 90%+ complete putting down stuff like Money laundering: Konisberg or something like that for end game money issues, anyone else have any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Priest Sarah Gaven
Race: ork
Sex: female

PostSubject: Re: Interesting and/or useful knowledge skills   Interesting and/or useful knowledge skills EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 4:47 am

Language skills are a must for any knowledge skills, you'd be surprised how often you can smooth over someone just by using their own language. Civil Engineering is an interesting one, i've used it for figuring out the weak points in a building to blow it up, and finding easy insertion points. Knowledge skills and the entire skill system in general is entirely on what you make of it.
Back to top Go down
SPCOsborne
Meat
Meat
SPCOsborne

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2010-01-01

Character sheet
Character Name: Melvin Herbowitz
Race: Troll

PostSubject: Re: Interesting and/or useful knowledge skills   Interesting and/or useful knowledge skills EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 5:09 am

Well Language skills are kind of a duh thing, I've done exactly that IRL with spanish (acknowledging prior that my spanish is rusted out at thi point, probably worth a 2 skil rating in the shadowrun system, I need a refresher course), and I like the civil engineering concept.

As far as things like Knowledge: Safehouses and that kinda thing, are there any articles/books that dwell on topics like that? Cause it would be FAR too easy to basically use the knowledge skills for what would basically break down to a D&D-style Synergy bonus on your skills.

That and does anyone know where one could get the Denver book online? It'd be a pain to request it from my local hobby shop and for an upcoming game it'd help out (like finding out that the nearest Tamonius representative, one of my contacts, is in St Louis and I shoulda picked a local organization like ######, y'know that kinda thing).

Oh, and by online I mean in a fashion that an old school decker might use (I don't wanna drop a T-bomb in the middle of a crowd I don't know)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGM8PT1eAvY

There ya go.
Back to top Go down
Digital Doom
Admin
Admin
Digital Doom

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Character sheet
Character Name: Digital Doom
Race: Human
Sex: M

PostSubject: Remember   Interesting and/or useful knowledge skills EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 8:46 am

Knowlage skills don't have to be from the books. They can be used just to round out your character, give personality, or be used in game. One of my favorite knowlag skills that has nothing to do with the game is Classic Movies. (Essencially the same movies that we are watching today)

Then there are the useful skills, Doubtful bar for finding an odd bar, or black market to help find a black market shop. There are a lot of ways for the knowlage skills to be used in Shadowrun, you and the GM just have to get a little creative.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/shadowrunsurvivalguide/
Line
Meat
Meat
Line

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2010-01-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Ai'leo
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Interesting and/or useful knowledge skills   Interesting and/or useful knowledge skills EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 12:40 pm

http://paizo.com/store/byCompany/f/fanPro/shadowrunRPG

Not sure if that's what you're looking for, but older versions have .pdfs floating about if you know where to look.
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Priest Sarah Gaven
Race: ork
Sex: female

PostSubject: Re: Interesting and/or useful knowledge skills   Interesting and/or useful knowledge skills EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 12:29 pm

Its not neccesarily a knowledge skill, but a creation skill. How in oblivion do cyberlimbs work, stats, combat, everything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting and/or useful knowledge skills   Interesting and/or useful knowledge skills Empty

Back to top Go down

Interesting and/or useful knowledge skills
Page 1 of 1