Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeIt's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 2 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

It's Only Nuyen OCC

Go down 
+5
Wreck
Darkon
Mikel Amroni
Yogismith
Tani
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2012-07-09

It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 3:23 pm

Is it just me or are the pics of the motel not showing?
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Number of posts : 1442
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 4:27 pm

All I see are broken html boxes.
Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 4:44 pm

Yup.
Back to top Go down
Mikel Amroni
Runner
Runner
Mikel Amroni

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 5:50 pm

Tani, use the direct links instead of the actual photobook page Smile Here's the code to fix those posts.

Golden West Front:
Code:
[img]http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z188/tuatete/GoldenWestFront.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z188/tuatete/GoldenWestMotelMapLocation.jpg[/img]
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 7:10 pm

Mikel:

Thanks! It's been a while since I used these and some things have changed a little. Thanks again! I have adjusted the codes and yay, they show up now as the images that I wanted!
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 8:59 pm

Everyone:

Hi guys! Just trying to move the run along! Lol! Post in as you see fit!
Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 3:45 am

@Tani

Are they expecting us to check the weapons in or is the sign there stating that if you use your weapon your are in deep drek?
Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2011-03-07

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 6:42 am

Streeline holdout pistol -4 concealability modifier for hold out -1 for concealable holster -2 for lined coat -3 for prior palming check = -10 to any perception test to find it...and an additional -2 vs any MAD scanner as per the Streeline Special rules
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 4:27 pm

I'm sorry to hold you guys up. I'll have something up by tomorrow evening I hope.
Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 4:48 pm

Happens Darkon. Though it looks like Tani will keep things moving anyways and people will have to play catch up when they do post.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 9:22 pm

Ill also have something out tomorrow promise
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 11:11 pm

@Yogi - Bob knows how to handle weapons - he ensures that the weapon's safety is on. He also places them into what appears to be a Gun and Weapon Safe at the back. If you choose not to hand in any weapons then that is fine too but you do run the risk of being challenged about them.
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 11:12 pm

No worries guys - I just wanted the run to move but will keep it at a comfortable pace and will pace often so decisions and play can de made and continued!
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 1:43 pm

I edited my last post to put in the dice rolls. I think it's always best to have the rolls somewhere in context. That way the reason why someone rolled dice won't get lost.
Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 5:12 pm

Might be best to put rolls at the end of the post.  It clutters it up and ruins the flow when it's in the middle.

Also here's hoping we get a post from Tani today/tonight.
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 12:21 am

RL has taken a load this week but it's the weekend and I'm ready to run the shadows!
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 1:58 am

Just wanted to ask how you wanted me to deal with your Astral Assensing Tests, Perception Tests, Matrix Perception Tests, Matrix Serch Tests etc. Did you want me to PM you the results/findings or are you happy for me to post in the IC??
Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 6:58 am

personally I like the pm idea..so we can share our find with the group or keep stuff to our selves
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 12:07 pm

I have Pmed you guys the results/findings of your various Tests!
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 1:05 pm

I'm good with either way. the PM method is more RP fun and mitigates meta-gaming, while just posting them can help speed things along, but it does give some stuff away.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 3:02 pm

Just for everyone's edification. My character is a rather handsome elven male. He has straight, thick black hair trimmed very close to his head. His eyes are also a deep brown, almost black and he has a tan complexion which seems very natural despite the persistent clouds around Seattle. His clean-shaven elven face makes him look like a teenager, but with elves that could mean he is into his late 30s. He is wearing a long duster, reminiscent of Wild-West trids, complete with a wide brimmed, and quite old looking hat. A grey waist-coat and white shirt can be seen under the duster. Both are neat a in relatively good shape compared to the duster and hat, but have an air of wear about them. Nothing on him appears new.

He has no visible scars or tattoos.
Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am

Ok the payout for the run seems really, really low.  Especially if we need to use one of their vehicles to further reduce the payout.  Given that these characters started out will less money to build characters I don't think any of us have a vehicle to begin with.  

Tani have you read the Run Rewards section on the book?  It's on pages 375 & 376.  It gives a pretty fair account on payouts and how to modify them based on several factors.  The two vehicles that would work for us are either 35k or 52k. Also having just reread her explanation and seeing air transportation might be needed those are 200k+ With this being pbp and its inherent slowness we would never reach either since we have to factor in expenses (lifestyle, ammo, equipment and needs for runs)

At this point seeing that they would have to "start" with a low risk job the payout is 416 to 666 (this is the new rate offered) per person minus whatever they hit us for using their vehicle Eve would walk out.  

What's everyone take on the offer?
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 4:51 am

Sly Hound negotiated with her and she agreed! In terms of transport, you would use the public transport system, in other words fly! They would pay for your flights and your clients flight.

If using the road then a vehicle could be provided or you could provide a vehicle.
Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 5:20 am

I know they he countered and she accepted but what I'm saying is that the first offer wasn't even close to the suggested offerings in the book (pages 375 & 376).  Would anyone potentially put their life on the line for 416 to 666 dollars for a job?  I know I wouldn't.

I guess I'd like to see what the other players think on the matter. If no one see my point of view I go along with it. It just seems like the Johnson wants them to put their lives in potential danger for peanuts. Now we know why they are hiring runners because they pay terrible and any normal self-respecting person wouldn't work for that amount of compensation.
Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 7:00 am

Minimum wage slave makes more then that a week for less effort just washing the dishes with no guns involed..like Daniel said total waste of his time... I cant even pay my "low lifestyle" rent with that even if we have a run per week with that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

It's Only Nuyen OCC
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next