Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeIt's Only Nuyen IC - Page 5 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

It's Only Nuyen IC

Go down 
+4
Ghostmaker
Mikel Amroni
Yogismith
Tani
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Tani
Runner
Runner

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2013-07-06

It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen IC   It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 3:44 pm

"Yes! I need the commlink intact as I have explained. Oxycode is a moron. He hangs with drug dealers, pimps and low lifes so I don't know or care about Oxycode's links, contacts, whatever. I am not interested in him, just the fully intact commlink."
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Number of posts : 1442
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen IC   It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 6:27 pm

Silk was fairly sure that even if the J had anymore info, he wasn't going to cough it up. Trying to get his groups attention so they can get out and get moving on this he notices Eve eyeing the crowd nervously. He looks over his shoulder and gives the crowd a quick scan.

Great... he thought to himself. It's bad enough to get the attention of the Blood Mountatins, but to have the 162s eyeing our table instead of the the Blood can only mean this club is about to get too hot me.

Silk stands up, trying his best to obscure Eve off from the view of the two gangers eyeing her like an antique mailbox waiting for an impromptu game of street ball. If that is all of the information you have for us, sir, then we will be on our way. He says, bringing the meeting to an obvious close. The sooner we get your package, the sooner we can all enjoy this lovely evening.

He looks at the others and cocks his chin in an obvious gesture for the group to head for the door.
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen IC   It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 6:38 pm

If not for the sad neon sign and pushy AROs loudly proclaiming it the “Novelty Hills Sleep And Eat,” you’d think this structure was exactly what it used to be: a large warehouse. Down the street is a Stuffer Shack so encrusted in graffiti it’s almost unrecognizable; every other building in the immediate neighborhood is condemned, or ought to be.

A trio of beleaguered looking prostitutes—human, elf, and dwarf—in torn fishnet hose, synthleather jackets, and miniskirts loiters at one corner of the motel. A few other similarly destitute customers come and go, renting and abandoning rooms, buying and selling drugs, or shuttling stuffers back and forth from the Shack. But the area is mostly deserted. Through the large glass windows above the motel’s main doors, which bleed weak yellow light onto the dark, smog-ceilinged streets, you can see the three-tiered, pipeframed access catwalk setup.

It’s time to make your approach, chummer. Plan and execute, but do it in a hurry. The night is ticking away.
Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2012-07-09

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen IC   It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 7:34 pm

The atmosphere in the club was getting stagnat. Both the Bloods and the 162's were eying their table or just her in particular. She gave Silk heads up that they should go and soon. She kept looking over her shoulder for trouble as they made their way out of the foul smelling club. When they got out she looked at Silk. "Good thing we left. It looked like both the Bloods and the 162's were eying us or rather me. The price I pay for my markings I suppose."

The place where they went for the job was a complete dump. From a run down Stuffer Shack to a trio of street walkers hanging on the corner the place was about as far from downtown Seattle as possible. "He's in here. What a dump. We lots Han just waltzing in anyone got any ideas?"
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen IC   It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 7:50 am

Silk's voice is a bit muffled from the respirator he is wearing. Of course, this being the Sprawl, it's not exactly an uncommon sight. Any of you good with tech? What I mean is, can someone scan this place and find all of our entry and exit points, and bypass any locks we may need to get around? He looks at the team through the clear lenses of his goggles and then back at the dilapidated building. Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I'd rather not be seen coming or going from the building if possible. Less chance of a scumbag ambush.

He scanned the street looking for any potential threats or "guard-dogs" before continuing. Also, I think it might be a good idea to copy all of the data from this guy's commlink. If Mr. J wants it, someone else might want it too. And that can mean leverage later if something goes wrong. It would also be good to know more about this Oxycode guy before we just bust in there. Mr. J thinks he just hangs out with scum, but you never know. I mean... why else is this guy laying low in a dump like this?

He shrugs his shoulders, But if no one here can do it, I've got a contact who might be able to help out. It'll cost though.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen IC   It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 9:00 am

Robyn left the bar with the others. She was glad to get out of there. The targets hideout looked even more shabby than the bar had. "Um..." She started, blushing as usually. But this had to be said. "Do you think this is a good idea? Gathering in front of the building and planning? We should go somewhere out of sight."
Robyn gestured to a corner about half a block away. "I know we have to be fast, but we shouldn't be warning off any guards... um... right? She waited for the others reaction, but tried to get in motion as to make the others walk with her. Depending whether they followed her or not, she would wait to continue the conversation until they made some way from the coffin hotel.

When silk asked about scoping out the place, Robyn nodded in agreement. "Good idea. I'm not good with electronics, but I... um..." now it was time to let the cat out of the bag, it seems. "... I could project and see how many living beings are in there. I could look for the number of exits too. But.. um... not for any security equipment. Just the physical doors and the like."

Silk wrote:
"Also, I think it might be a good idea to copy all of the data from this guy's commlink. If Mr. J wants it, someone else might want it too. And that can mean leverage later if something goes wrong. It would also be good to know more about this Oxycode guy before we just bust in there. Mr. J thinks he just hangs out with scum, but you never know. I mean... why else is this guy laying low in a dump like this?"
While Robyn was checking their surroundings, out of habit, she answered: "I don't think we should sell the info. I mean... that's what the J is after, or not? It's like betraying him. And that only gets us into trouble. And it's not honorable either." She shrugged. "We could keep it as an insurance. And if he tries to set us up, we've got something to get back at him."
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen IC   It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 11:00 am

Following Robyn down the street Silk responds to her concerns about his comments. I had no intention of selling the data, and I happen to agree with you that it would be dishonorable to do so. But I've been kicked in the teeth by people I trusted in the past. So I like to make sure I've got, as you put it, insurance against similar situations again.

He smiled as brightly as he could to show her that he wasn't offended by her comments. Silk knew he wasn't smooth with people, but his good looks and pleasant smile usually made up for his lack of social charms.

We've got a volunteer for recon. That's good. From what I understand of it though, and I'll admit it isn't all that much. You'll need a place for your body to rest while you project.

He does a quick scan, of the area for possible places she could rest and not be a liability if things went south.
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Number of posts : 612
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Night Fist
Race: Ork
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen IC   It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 6:35 pm

Specter joins the group on their walk out of sit. Well if you are looking for a techy I have a bit of skill in that area, I'm more of a hand to hand guy but I do have some skill in the area of tech and locks. Specter doesn't want to tell the group about the deck implanted in his head right now, leave that one for a bit latter, also he doesn't want the team to think his is the best tech to step out of the shadows. Specter does have skills in that area but he has been spending more of his time training in hand to hand. When Specters adept abilities came forward his mother was dirt poor and when Master Hu can knocking Specters mom sold him to the temple and he has never seen her since. Specter spend alot of his training in combat, but the Temple had alot of shadow based skills for the acolyte to learn. Specter was drawn to the wide expanse of the Matrix that is where him and his best friend Taz met. Now Specter has got his chance to enter the shadows and Taz is busy doing his client. Hopefully Specter will make Master Hu happy with his work since he might let him learn about the hidden spirit pact that makes the acrolytes into Taoist Immortals, at least that is the rumor he heard from other Temple members.

Well lets see what my tech skills can do I hope me and Taz didn't skip the class to run around those mystic caves the day they thought the class what is need to day.
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen IC   It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 12:17 am

The Novelty Hills Sleep and Eat on Novelty Hill Road & West Snoqualmie Valley Road has no security to speak of. The front doors are unlocked, evidenced by the infrequent visitors that enter the building. A cursory glance reveals that just to the left and inside of the front doors is a reinforced armorglass cage, apparently, the Novelty Hills' sole concession to safety.

The building looks and smells like a refurbished warehouse and that is just from the outside. It appears to be at least about 7-8 stories high. It doesn't display a Building Code Inspection or a Seattle Public Health Code either.

The grunge and desperation of the street and the well-known fact that with every passing hour, the streets begin to attract another level of danger adds and gives credence to the frequent sounds of police sirens that never quite sound close enough. Remote gunfire echoes across the concrete canyons and scarred salvage yards like thunder.

Rabid dogs, devil rats the size of fat tomcats and worse things snarl and salivate with increasing regularity from darkened alleyways. You get the sense that this is hell on earth where failed runners and others that society has chewed up and regurgitated are damned to.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen IC   It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 9:19 am

Silk realizes that there isn't really anywhere "safe" for Robyn to turn into a meat-sack. So he finds the least unsavory nook in a nearby alleyway. Well, at least it doesn't smell like vomit or urine here, he thinks to himself as he motions the others over to him.

This looks like the best we can do right now. Looking at Robyn, I'm sorry we don't have time to find you something more secure or comfortable, but I promise I'll watch over you while you do some quick recon. See if you can find another entrance. While I didn't see any security on the building, I'm not comfortable letting whoever works that front desk see us come and go.

He then looks over to Specter. I've heard that some trix-jockies go dead to the world when they jack in. If you need to do that now, Eve and I will watch over you along with Robyn. But we need to hurry. I'm getting an uncomfortable feeling here. I don't like being this exposed.

He hopes everyone understands what he says through his respirator. The damn thing always made his voice sound so hallow. And the best he can hope for is that they can see the smile in his eyes, because they sure as dreck can't see it on his face.

Last edited by Wreck on Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen IC   It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 2:07 pm

"Uh... yuck... You're right. It won't get any better." She settled down on the garbage bin, her legs dangling off the edge. Gosh my... I don't even want to know what this smell is if not urine and vomit. She thought while steadying her slender body against the graffiti encrusted wall, her short red hair brushing against the bricks. We're all feeling exposed at the moment, showing my disgust wouldn't do any of us any good.

"Ok. Trust has to start somewhere." She said, giving Silk a shy smile. "I won't be long."

With that, Robyn left her body, which slumped together a bit more as her very Self floated above it. I remember how Darkon showed this to me the first time. Should I trick them and manifest? Hm... no better not. They're on edge enough as it is. Maybe later. Robyns astral self grinned ear in bright colours from pointed ear to pointed at the thought. Then she zipped off towards the coffin motel, pausing in front of it to look for any wards that might hinder her entrace or other magical security.

If the way was free, she would enter the building, careful as to not slip through peoples auras if she could prevent it.
Back to top Go down
Mikel Amroni
Runner
Runner
Mikel Amroni

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen IC   It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 9:25 pm

The dwarf notes the replies he gets back on his email with a bit of a twisted mouth. He sets up a message to the others (not Specter)

To: Golden Crew

Wassup eveybody! The name refers to where we all met. Works as good as anything.

Bit of Information I have:
    Johnny White Walker says he's on the SIN issue for all of us. BTW he set up our lawyer friend, as I kind of expected.

The Chinese guy, Specter I think he said, seems okay by White Walker's sources. Seems he's got Yak ties, but hey, who doesn't end up with a tie or two on the shadowside every now and then. Far as I'm concerned he's in till we or he decide he's out. Your choice overall though.

Hit up some Seoulpa contacts of mine. Hush around the kids is deep as drek can get. Near as I can figure, the commlinks are a smokescreen for getting the kids out. But I'm sure you all figured that out peachy without me. So there it is.

See you at Banshee

-D
------------------------------------------------------------
At Banshee
D gives up his Streetsweeper at the door, and takes it back when they leave. He counts the ammo before accepting it as back in the shape he gave it in.
D is quiet, letting the face types do the talking. When asked if he's in or out, he nods that he's in.
------------------------------------------------------------
At the Roach Motel
When Silk asks for techy folks, D-man simply snorts in indignation. "Sure overlook the short guy. He always loves that. Do you seriously lose oxygen to your brains that high up? Just guard the meat while I surf - I don't like AR if I can help it, too slow. I'll get you a low down of everything near here, including our target. If there's a problem raise me on Comms." D-Man leads them to as safe a place as he can find with limited approaches and lots of cover.
(will post matrix dive as a separate post)
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen IC   It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 1:05 pm

Specter hates the possibility of Devil rats in this hell hole of a ally. I've never liked those fur balls from hell if I have to be back here I'd rather not go VRing. Specter hears the short dwarf voice up as being a tech head too. Well I'm saved but the dwarf. I guess I could still AR a quick look nothing too invasive on the building Specter looks over at the Dwarf an gives him a nod. IF you want to head in there VRing that is fine with me I'll keep any eye open for anything that wants our meat shells for dinner. Specter draws his pistol making sure nothing starts chewing on his new team well he is alive.

Specter decides to go a quick scan of the area nothing too intrusive just to see what kind of activity he gets from the building with his head implanted Deck. Specter uses his Deck to do a Matrix perception on the outside of the marks building looking for any entry points into the building but not going inside.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen IC   It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 1:48 pm

Perception (Astral) Int3+Perception2=5d (5d6. hits(5)=4) (Nice. Four hits. Very Happy )

Robyn flitted through the warehouse remade hotel. She knew, on the astral plane, time flies while on the physical, it crawled. Everyone seemed to move in slow motion. Near the entrance, someone was receiving a card through a small slit. Probably a passkey or something alike.

Most of the warehouse was made up of fragile pipe frames holding coffin sized cubicles. People were walking on the slightly swaying walkways. Robyn noticed, the aura of one showing the greyish blue stripes of fear.
Maybe he's afraid of heights. Yeah, that must be it the way he's looking over the railing.

There also were bigger cubes, rooms of a more normal size. They also were closer to the entrance. At one wall, the red haired soul found some machines standing upright. They looked like typical food dispensers, or maybe clothing. Upon closer inspection, she saw the small but bright auras of some cockroaches dwelling behind them. So she guessed they were probably filled with food. In the southwest and northeast corners, people were walking up or down stairs, connecting the four floors. Not that her weightless form needed stairs right now.

Set in another wall, she saw the lines of a door. It was not easy to make out physical details while dwelling the astral, but Robyn looked thoroughly. There was a small box on either side of the door, probably a panel for passkeys or entry codes. She looked for other security devices, found none, but nevertheless kept in mind she might have missed something.

Robyn took her time, well aware it was a luxury. But she wanted to do it properly. Robyn wanted to show the others that she was a reliable part of the team. After checking for other entry points, only finding a few windows on the upper floors, she returned to her, seemingly sleeping, body.

She sat up and stretched her arms. "Mmm..." Then she noticed what she was doing and how it must have looked to the others, put down her arms and blushed hard. "Um... hi. I'm back. I think I found a way for us to enter." Then she started recounting what she saw while she was 'out'.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen IC   It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 5:56 pm

Slip Steam Banshee:
The Gangs staring did not seem to bother Slip Stream, either he was oblivious or Stupid the latter was not likely as he would not have survived as a neutral long on the streets he lived on... As a racer he had to be allowed to be neutral sure there were ganger's that raced, but people bet on Dirk When he won they won, when he lost they lost and most hoods could respect that he would never loose without giving it his all he planned to be that type of runner also. But he knew none of there faces on a personal level, So when the others left. He did too... Walking not in false pride but in respect eying everyone would not have helped him or the team...

When outside he offered a ride to anyone in his americar he'd stolen from a mobster who's technomancer Dog screwed his wares but good cost him the race... He smiled as he made the offer giving full view of his shiny tusks then he opened the door if anyone got in he then closed the door manually Then hopping in the drivers side himself...

Slip Stream Sleazy neighborhood:

The car parked not even a full block away Slip stream was on the move with the team when and if they dicided to move, and go plan this out. In the event of a run, and gun he wanted the car close... He did not have a gun but they were not foregn to him so he put the staff in its short form close at hand and moved with the group... The females that he had seen on the street if they were females looked as if there glory days were gone to him "Gross place" he thought, others also commented and they moved on...

once far away enough some more stuff was said he missed the part about the locks and started in his head with "escape route" then he herd someone say they need a place to hide there meat body and the others moved to watch over her he pipped up sorta "Could use the car" But he was so out of the loop, out of sink with the others... He was not even herd "Come'on Dirk get your head in the game" he scolded himself and asked silk "You look like your calling the shots whats your plan for me Iv already shut the car off but give a wink and ill get her purring again outside oh driving I got nothing but a stun baton You know could come in handy, and a staff" the stun baton was obvious but the staff less so... Meanwhile Robyn woke up... and she had good news... "Heh" he said "Guess were going in huh?"
Back to top Go down
Mikel Amroni
Runner
Runner
Mikel Amroni

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen IC   It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 11:19 am

D-Man looks around before he sits down facing the wall, with his forehead laid against it. He makes sure he's not over a squatter toilet, or even a section of wall recently coated in human excrement. He also makes sure to avoid ants, rodents, and anything else that he might get by sitting down here. As soon as he's certain, he closes his eyes and instantly jumps his conscious into the Matrix, stepping towards the building and looking around.

Normal Perception: 3 hits
Matrix Perception: 5 hits (to find nodes, security, etc - also looking for guns, cyberware, anything not hidden behind a commlink firewall).
Back to top Go down
Mikel Amroni
Runner
Runner
Mikel Amroni

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen IC   It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 10:18 pm

D-Man notices the doors into the place and places his Matrix Authentication Recognition Key (or Mark) on the security node while looking around for more trouble and a way in. He's also looking for any and all commlinks in the building. A audio message comes through to the others via their commlinks. "Still nothing. Found a way in, and I'm in the process of owning it. More as I have it. Just in case it isn't obvious, make sure all your ware and guns are slaved to your commlinks."
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen IC   It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 4:33 pm

Robyn watched the seemingly comatose dwarven body. Did I look like that too? Like a puppet whose strings got cut. He looked so helpless. Did I look this helpless and vulnerable? The others could have done any kind of stuff while I was gone. She blushed hard.

She replied to D-man via her comlink and the group channel: "Slaved? Um... I don't know if my stuff is. But I don't have that much tech stuff on me anyway. Did you check the door to the sidestreet? I couldn't tell for sure if there are any alarm systems, but I think that would be the best access point for us. It's on ground level. I think the more important guests get in and out there."

Robyn turned her head, first towards one end of the alley, then to the other. She still felt exposed and could hardly wait for the action to start. But preparations were very important. Darkon had taught her that. But no plan survives the contact with real life. That's how Darkon had put it, at least. It is always better to have a plan B. Or even C. She thought a moment before making a suggestion on the group channel: "Um... just... erm... if we need a distraction... maybe I could... summon a spirit to distract the people inside?"
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen IC   It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 7:04 pm

Specter has done a once over of the building via AR but once he saw that the little dwarf wanted to go VRing into the site he decided he would back off and give the two team members that had left their meat bodies some back up incase a devil rat comes chewing. Creatures of pure evil that drool death

Specter hears the team starting to make progress on how to enter the target site and get the comm link. I grew up around mages and spellcasters, if you can get a spirit to aid us until sun comes up that would be great, more fire power or other cool tricks those guys hold in them the better. I really wish I could have gone home and got more of my gear before this run but next time I guess. Specter hopes the spirit can give some aid to the team that is always good to have. Oh ya we should try and think of 0ne or two ways out of this building if we need too. One cold with out a tail and one hot if the Drake has hit the fan and we best hope some of use can shoot straight. Specters arm starts to twitch as he gets thinking of that a fight might be needed to get the 1k from this run.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen IC   It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 4:35 pm

Robyn nodded at Specter. "Ok. Will do." For a moment, she thought about which spirit would be best suited for the job. After a moments concideration, she had made a decision. Determination showed on her face while she straightened up, breathed in deeply through her nose and immediately regretted it as the stench hit her olfactorial center. Oh drek! She thought. She almost coughed, and her reaction showed on her face. The short haired elf girl drew another breath, more shallow this time, and concentrated.
Her mind reached out into the mana, pulling and pushing, creating a wave within the stream. She imprinted a beckoning onto that wave, then let it stretch out beyond this world.

Summoning spirit of man force 4, optional power innate spell (Stunbolt). Magic5+Summoning3=8d Spirit resists with 5d Drain Will6+Cha7=13d Threshold twice the spirits hits. (8d6. hits(5)=3, 5d6. hits(5)=3, 13d6. hits(5)=3) (No net hits, but 3s Drain for Robyn. I use edge to reroll the non hits.)

There was a response, but it was very weak, almost unwilling. Darkon had taught her to treat the spirits with some respect. And had explained that even if they were willing, it was an effort for them to struggle through the stream of mana to reach this world. And that one had to help them along. Maybe it was because of the misery in those streets polluting the mana, maybe it was because this was the first time she tried to call up a spirit outside the safe enviroment of Darkons lodge, but this time it felt almost as if the spirit was bothered by her attempt. If I fail now, the others will think I'm not good enough. They'll think I'm just a wannabe runner. I must not fail.

Using Edge, rerolling non hits for summoning attempt. (5d6. hits(5)=1) (One meager hit. The spirit now owes her one service.)

With the incredible speed of thought, Robyn put in more effort. Asking and begging the spirit to come forth, pulling more. And as if pulling a boot from a puddle of deep, wet, sucking mud, the spirit emerged from the mana that made up astral space. A monowire seemed to cut right through her brain, made her swoon for a second. The pulsing of a headache reminded her just how much more practice she would need.

The redhead could feel the link between her and the spirit. "Whaddya want?" It hovered in front of her, in the middle of the dark alley and just that moment, it materialized. A translucent human figure, the legs ended a few inches above te ground. The spirit wore an old, crumpled trenchcoat and an equally crumpled hat. Tired eyes with dark rings looked at her from a face that had not seen any water in a week, and was unhaven just as long. "I don't have all day. Whaddya want?"

Robyn swallowed dry. "Um..." She started before remembering she didn't have to talk aloud. But maybe it was a good idea to have the others hear what she told the spirit. [color=yellow]"Hello. I need your help. I mean we need your help. We need to get into that hotel and take something from there. I need you to help us in that. To get in and out of there unnoticed and safely."

"Can't you be a bit more specific?" The spirit shoved its hands deep into the trenchcoat pockets, starting to mumble, loud enough for the whole team to hear: "Dragging me out of here in this forsaken alley, telling me to help... just getting them in... getting them out... and unnoticed... sure. Who'd notice me anyway? I'm just a hobo. Who'd notice old Hank anyway?" It just mumbled and coughed up some ectoplasm that looked suspiciously unhealthy, while it slowly walked, floating, around the group. One could almost smell the stench, though that must have been imagination, right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen IC   It's Only Nuyen IC - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

It's Only Nuyen IC
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5