Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeNew Blood OOC SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

New Blood OOC

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ravenflock
Meat
Meat

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-06-30

New Blood OOC Empty
PostSubject: New Blood OOC   New Blood OOC EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 6:25 am

You guys know what OOC boards are for, so I'm sure I need add nothing here, except to say this is a good place to check any 3rd ed. rules your unsure of with me or each other.
Back to top Go down
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2009-07-14

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

New Blood OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Blood OOC   New Blood OOC EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 7:30 am

Just remember that in 3rd ed. there is no such thing as an automatic success like a "hit" in 4th the sky is the limit on target numbers and success is measured in how many times you roll that target number, so re-roll ALL 6's every roll.
Back to top Go down
Ravenflock
Meat
Meat

New Blood OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Blood OOC   New Blood OOC EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 7:32 am

Yup. I'm also considering doing combat in chat rather than on the boards to speed it up. Whats the general feeling there?
Back to top Go down
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

New Blood OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Blood OOC   New Blood OOC EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 7:33 am

I think it would be fine if we were all online at the same time. I just wonder how often that will occur.
Back to top Go down
Ravenflock
Meat
Meat

New Blood OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Blood OOC   New Blood OOC EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 7:35 am

My thought as well. Maybe if we arranged a time in advance when major combat was due, it could be worked...
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

New Blood OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Blood OOC   New Blood OOC EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 9:35 am

Doesn't work for me. The only time in my RL I have where I can be assured of being able to get online with enough time to run would be after midnight, my time. For obvious reasons, like me needing to work, that's a nonstarter with me. There's a reason I'm playing a Play-by-POST game, afterall.
Back to top Go down
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

New Blood OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Blood OOC   New Blood OOC EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 9:42 am

I found a good visual of Yoshi:
New Blood OOC 20090310

What he would look like with a new suit obviously. He is much more run down now. But I like how this guy looks Asian but at the same time not Asian. I love that suit tho.

Hehe I photoshopped his ear a bit to make it more elf like.

Last edited by TheOneBigOne on Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

New Blood OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Blood OOC   New Blood OOC EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 12:18 pm

I find it ironic that our fixer is rabidly anti-japan, and we have two former Renraku workers in the group.
Back to top Go down
Ravenflock
Meat
Meat

New Blood OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Blood OOC   New Blood OOC EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 12:23 pm

Ah, but two people who have seen the bad side of Renraku and have reason not to trust that corp. Its not as stupid as perhaps it seems.
Back to top Go down
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

New Blood OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Blood OOC   New Blood OOC EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 12:23 pm

enemies closer eh?
Back to top Go down
Ravenflock
Meat
Meat

New Blood OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Blood OOC   New Blood OOC EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 12:30 pm

Or the old rule about how "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" perhaps?
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

New Blood OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Blood OOC   New Blood OOC EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 9:40 pm

We'll just chalk it up as a good thing that the only people who know Faust's full story are three of his contacts, all of whom aren't likely to go spreading the word, for different reasons.
Back to top Go down
Ravenflock
Meat
Meat

New Blood OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Blood OOC   New Blood OOC EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 11:09 am

Just giving you chance to introduce your characters to each other in your own words. I'll move the plot on soon enough...
Back to top Go down
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

New Blood OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Blood OOC   New Blood OOC EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 11:14 am

Raven did you ever post the Contacts of yoshi? I will fill them in when you post em up so I know what to put down.
Back to top Go down
Ravenflock
Meat
Meat

New Blood OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Blood OOC   New Blood OOC EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 11:28 am

I hadn't sorry. Details are as follows:

Fixer: Flinch.

You are learning all about him rather rapidly...

Decker: Bypass

You've never really met the guy face to face but know him well from your Renraku days. Originally he was a trainee security Decker for the corp who seemed to have a bright future and you regularly met him online in those days when you were still in education. Unfortunately, he goblinised and as an Oni, Renraku wasted no time firing him. You however, kept in touch with him virtually on a very infrequent basis. He trust you and is glad your out of the corp fold. The fact he is a huge Urban Brawl fan affects his icons and programmes in the 'Trix. It may look stupid, but his almost addiction to raiding low security A corp hosts just for "practice" means he often knows much that others simply couldn't have guessed at.

Fixer: Kya

Female human smuggler. There have been times throughout your career when you have needed to source equipment that Renraku just wouldn't understand your need for. Kya is who you went to for that. She is rarely in the city, but has a virtual dropbox where you can place requests for gear and communicate with her as you feel the need. She will make an effort to meet in person when she is in Seattle if you ask however, you always paid well in the past. She does not offer the full range of fixer services (She doesn't organise runner meets for example) but if you want something quick, with no questions asked or want something out of the country she can do it for you. She also has excellent knowledge on the UCAS,CAS, FRFZ and Tir since her work involves all those areas...
Back to top Go down
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

New Blood OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Blood OOC   New Blood OOC EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 1:19 pm

Hey guys I am not usually one to complain but I find it hard on my eyes when you guys use the color blue for text longer than one sentence most of the other colors I have an easy time reading but for some reason that blue and the green are really hard on my eyes and cause some serious strain.

I am not saying don’t use it but can you ease up on the amount of text in that color please?
Back to top Go down
Ravenflock
Meat
Meat

New Blood OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Blood OOC   New Blood OOC EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 1:41 pm

No worries. I have altered the text colour of speech in my posts. Hope that is better and sorry for any discomfort caused...
Back to top Go down
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

New Blood OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Blood OOC   New Blood OOC EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 1:48 pm

Here is just a small proposal. Do you guys use codes to refer to how difficult the run will be? I know in some of the older books they used a color code system to determine the difficulty of matrix nodes and in my games we adopted that color code into determining how difficult a run would be. Each color comes with a number 1-9 to signify how difficult that task really is.

Example if the run were to steal a book. The different color codes would mean:

Green 1 is the easiest it would be like renting a book from the library during open hours.

Blue 1 is the next progression it would be like stealing a book from a private library of a rich homeowner.

Yellow 1 is a bit more difficult and this is generally what you would want a runner for. Like breaking into a guarded and alarmed book store and stealing an antique book worth quite a bit of money.

Orange 1 is more dangerous it would be like breaking into a museum and stealing an original copy of an Egyptian manuscript.
Orange 9 would be like breaking into the Smithsonian to steal the declaration of independence.

Red 7 is very difficult and dangerous. Like breaking into the Lonestar police headquarters crime evidence lockers to steal a magical book used in the recent murders of several police.

Ultraviolet 9 is completely insane and nearly impossible. Like breaking into Lofwyr the great dragon's den and stealing a book of immense magical powers right from under the dragon's nose and make it looks like someone else did it.

I would like to propose that we adopt this color/number system to aid in our ability to understand the difficulty without having the GM divulge any specific information beyond the original concept (like in my example the Johnson could say that you are to steal a book and it is a Yellow 5) from that information the players can infer the threat level and plan accordingly without having too much information spoiling the run.
Back to top Go down
Ravenflock
Meat
Meat

New Blood OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Blood OOC   New Blood OOC EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 1:57 pm

One of the joys of Shadowrun is that Johnson's are completely untrustworthy. The colour code idea only works when you actually trust the Johnson to tell the whole truth. I tend to use the size of payment as a good indicator. Use the guide in Shadowrun Companion for jobs, and allow that anything up to about 25% under is likely to be easier while over the odds is likely to be harder. Outside of a 25% range and something unusual is up and its buyer beware... A Johnson who offers huge payment is setting you up to die, especially if he offers little up front...

That isn't to say you can't haggle, but you will find my basic prices are usually a fair indicator of the difficulty you will face unless the Johnson is being evil for some reason, but then the colour code system would be just as useless.

For example, basic cost for an extraction is 5,000 per runner. You have three runners so average price would be 15,000 for the team with ten percent up front, so 5,000.
You have been offered 12,000 for the team, so thats 4k per runner with 2k250 up front, which is over ten percent! At first glance then, you would assume the run is likely to be slightly easier than average. However, the Johnson has said you have a strict time limit so that should put his pay up, so its not impossible that the job will be much easier than normal. Equally however, he has some information to help you and that would bring the cost down. You will know more about that when (if) you find out what that information is. Still, generally, the signs suggest, so long as this Johnson is half way honest, this won't be a suicidal run...

Hope this helps...
Back to top Go down
Ravenflock
Meat
Meat

New Blood OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Blood OOC   New Blood OOC EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 2:09 pm

The Big One, check out your PM's please....
Back to top Go down
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

New Blood OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Blood OOC   New Blood OOC EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 2:14 pm

whoops

Results from a Negotiation skill only roll:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2175656/

Last edited by TheOneBigOne on Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ravenflock
Meat
Meat

New Blood OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Blood OOC   New Blood OOC EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 2:15 pm

No worries. Just repost the results and we're in business. Its an easy mistake to make. Generally, you roll fewer dice in 3rd for most things...
Back to top Go down
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

New Blood OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Blood OOC   New Blood OOC EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 4:50 pm

Sorry if I'm giving your johnson a hard time but this IS what Yoshi does and was made for. In fact he is probably going to be pretty useless after the planning stage of this run Razz
Back to top Go down
Ravenflock
Meat
Meat

New Blood OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Blood OOC   New Blood OOC EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 4:51 pm

No worries. Just be aware he is getting the team a less than professional reputation. Their next job may end up being a tail chaser after this...
Back to top Go down
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

New Blood OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Blood OOC   New Blood OOC EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 4:56 pm

Gotcha, I'm just used to this part being rather flexable and having the johnson used to re-negotiations AT the table, I would agree with you about this type of behavior being unprofessional AFTER the meeting but I am used to it being an integral part of the actual meeting. I will stop.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Blood OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Blood OOC   New Blood OOC Empty

Back to top Go down

New Blood OOC
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next