Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeLoose Ends OOC - Page 5 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Loose Ends OOC

Go down 
+5
Azonalanthious
Vanya's Devil
Digital Doom
outpost_2
Dura
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Number of posts : 705
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Loose Ends OOC - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 9:40 pm

Wow, watcher spirits are lame. All stats at 1... so they have a dice pool of 2 for Search tests. Do you know how easy it is to get a critical glitch (thus restarting the extended test) with 2 dice? Very, very easy.

Anyway, it took your watcher spirit 2 hours 10 minutes to locate the man, Vanya... so you'll probably get the result after Kit's meeting with Lin. Do you want me to go ahead and post the results here or wait until you guys do that.

Er... are you going to roleplay that out, or just kind of assume it happened?
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 3:19 am

alright. IF I find an appropriate building to setup and begin peeking with my fancy binoculars, how do I setup a 'perception' extended test? By five minutes? Hour?
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Radek
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 6:36 am

I'd like to rp the meeting, but I'm going to do a bit of spying first. As for the results, I don't really see how posting it now or later will make a difference, so you may as well post it now. That's how I see it, anyways.

So, before I go and define my perception roll, what does the building look like? (Signs, number of cars in the parking lot, types of clothing worn by anyone going in and out of the building, etc.)
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 12:26 pm

Um, Vanya... which building? You said 'a few miles away'... a few miles away from what? You really oughta be more clear...

Anyway, the watcher spirit comes back in 2 hours 10 minutes and informs Kit that he found the man at 2121 West Commodore Way, inside the building there just 150 meters from the meeting spot with the Johnson.

Bruddah finds to the southeast a seedy looking pawn shop next to a run-down auto repair shop. They're both on the other side of the strip mall that is just south of the warehouse though, and not really tall enough to be an effective stake-out spot.

The only reason you'd need a perception extended test would be if you're trying to accomplish something difficult that takes a while, like playing Where's Waldo. For a stake-out, it's more a matter of being able to stay focused in the face of inactivity and boredom, so I'd say roll Willpower + Perception for every 20 minutes to see how well you pay attention for the next 20 minute period. You get a +1 bonus due to High Pain Tolerance due to being able to better ignore the discomfort caused by staying still for so long.
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 12:56 pm

Sorry, I meant a few miles away from the docks, at the target building. Is that distance wrong?

Also, yeah, watchers are charmingly dumb. They're like little astral puppies. That's why I ordered him not to talk to anyone but me; it's all too easy to coax vital information from an intercepted watcher unless they'd been told explicitly to say nothing.

Last edited by Vanya's Devil on Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 1:14 pm

Yes. That distance is very wrong. The target building is in Tacoma. The meeting was in Magnolia. It's about 70 kilometers (43 miles) away, a little less than an hour drive.

The building has a small, aged sign in the north east corner of the parking lot to the east of it that says:

P erformance
W arehouse

The warehouse itself is very bland, white walls with a single red strip of paint that runs around the top of the building, broken only by the occasional drainage pipe every ten meters or so. The back (west) wall is completely white except for the employee entrance. The front (east) wall has a few industrial windows with metal shades. The front parking lot has about 14 assorted vehicles in it, though it's unclear how many of those belong to the people in the warehouse or the strip mall, as it seems to be something of a shared lot. On the other side of the building, between the warehouse and the apartment complex, there are two trucks and a van, all white and unmarked.

There aren't any people going into or out of the building at the moment, so if you want to stake it out you'll have to use the same rules I gave Book.
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 1:27 pm

Do I notice Bruddah?
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 1:30 pm

Bruddah doesn't go there until two hours after the meeting with the Johnson. I'm pretty sure you're going to be gone before then.
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 1:34 pm

Right...this is asynchronous, forgot about that. Okay, I'll fly down to the unmarked trucks and van and try to look into one of them. Oh, and I fixed the distance.
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 6:28 pm

Yeah, I'm thinking I should've devised a better way of keeping track of times, but oh well... too late now.

Kit examines the first truck but finds nothing of interest. It is kept rather clean inside and there is nothing that might give away the purpose of the truck, no labels or papers or logos anywhere in sight. The van is a much more difficult case altogether, with sleek lines providing nothing to hold on to, and even once Kit does manage to get into position to catch a glimpse of the inside, he finds that the windows are far too tinted to let him see anything on the other side of the glass.

At the third truck he finally catches a break. This one is something of a mess, with a half-finished StarKaf gigantesco soykaf sitting in the cup-holder and papers strewn about the passenger's seat and floorboard. It's hard to make them out, but they're yellow and pink, with a few of them being white. The colored ones seem to have columns of small boxes on them like order forms, perhaps, and the white ones are either lines of text or diagrams, it's hard to tell. Kit can make out the words "Ellington & Wyatt" on the top of most of papers, though.
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 7:18 pm

The apartments to the west of the warehouse - will they have a rooftop access? :3
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 7:56 pm

You can't tell from the ground but you also can't see any reason why not. Wink
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 10:57 am

Does the watcher react to me in any way?
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 11:51 am

The watcher does not react to Kit in any noticeable way.

Unfortunately for Bruddah's plans, he is indeed challenged... by a door. The apartment complex has several entrances, but each of them appears to be securely locked, and is unlocked by some means which is not immediately obvious. Perhaps an RFID scanner, or maybe a hidden camera with face recognition? Regardless, Bruddah has a few options. He can always wait until someone opens the door from the inside, or goes up to it and opens it from the outside. He can break the door and enter the building, or climb up the outside of the building. He can break a window and go in that way. He can try to bluff his way into the building. Or possibly something else.

Outpost, where does Taylor arrive and which way does he approach from? What is he planning on doing?
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 12:21 pm

Perception roll to see if Bruddah can figure the door out. Wink Hidden Maglock, or camera, or what not.

2 Hits
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Kit waits until the watcher is inside and then flies onto the roof. He then waits until the watcher is outside again and uses projection to peek an eye inside (his entire astral form except for his eye are inside the roof). What do I see?
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 1:46 pm

Bruddah notices a maglock on the door keeping it closed, but he doesn't see any way to open it. The door was obviously designed with subtlety and aesthetics in mind.

Kit sees several auras walking around inside the building, a red-orange one with blue around the edges, a yellow one with a dark green core, a blue, purple, and gray one, and a yellow one with purple and black around the edges. In gray outline he can barely make out the shape of shelves and vats on the warehouse floor. He doesn't spot any other people in his line of sight.
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 2:05 pm

I assense them in that order. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2475146/
2 hits, 1 hit, 1 hit, 2 hits.

Also, if that watcher comes back in, I hide until it's gone.
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 2:45 pm

The first person is fatigued but healthy, tired and slightly annoyed. He has a dark spot on his aura where his left leg should be.
The second person is healthy and focused on work.
The third person is resting on a chair, tired but feeling better by the minute, relaxed and not emitting any emotional response.
The fourth person is healthy but agitated to the point of anger. He has some dark spots in his head and throat.
All four are mundane.

Hey Book, can I get a Perception (Auditory) roll at -2 for distracted?
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 2:48 pm

I ask Scald to tell me if any of the four Cane and, if so, which one.
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 2:48 pm

Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 5:43 pm

I ask Sand to use the Search power to determine which aura belongs to Cane. Sand has two services left.
Rolls:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2475409/
4 hits
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2475410/
2 hits

It takes Sand twenty minutes.
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 10:27 am

So. What do you guys listen to when you're posing up your characters? If I've got a choice, I've usually got 'Stagger Lee' or 'Bad, Bad Leroy Brown' playing for Bruddah. :3

That, or a little bit of Cash's 'Boy Named Sue'.
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 10:36 am

Iron Maiden.
Back to top Go down
Jondera
Runner
Runner
Jondera

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 12:25 pm

I listen to a little bit of almost anything.

Recently it's been a lot of Nightwish...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Loose Ends OOC
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next