Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeOOC - We Be Gangers SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

OOC - We Be Gangers

Go down 
+7
Suspect
wngd_phantom
Drugged dwarf
Kazuki jotaro
Ghostmaker
Forged
Gala
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

OOC - We Be Gangers Empty
PostSubject: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 6:56 am

This is the OOC Thread for the game "We Be Gangers"
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 7:38 am

Game is on! A quick reminder to you all of a few things:

First: RP will be heavilly considered in this game. If your posts are in-character, and appropriate to the game-play, you will gain Karma quickly. I will be posting Karma rewards with a relatively immediate turn-around. Make sure that you're on point with your character and the team.

Second: I've run this "Ganger" scenario before, and enjoy it. But I have learned some things from my past with it. Players sometimes like to get too much in to the "Bloods" and "Crips" of Gangs, looking to have characters who are quite literally institutional sociopaths. While there is a fine-line between the typical Shadowrunner and the sociopaths that ended up in the "Big" gangs of the world, I want you all to carefully trod that line on the side of the more socially appropriate. There is no reason for us to fall over the other side of that line, nor will it benefit the game any.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 7:42 am

Now: for some Karma:

2 points of Karma for Character Creation go to:
(these are for the originality and effective use of points, and overall level of me being impressed)

Tink
Leon

1 Point of Karma for Character Creation go to:

Body
Amir
Jason

Forged and Drugged Dwarf: it's not that your characters aren't good, but I AM penalizing you for submitting so late.

1 Point of Karma for a well-written and in-depth background story goes to:

Leon

You should all take a moment to read Wngd_Phantom's background story, it is well written, well considered, and detailed. I enjoyed reading it.
The same will go for Drugged Dwarf when he posts it, but since it's not in his character thread yet, you can't read it yet.
Back to top Go down
Forged
Meat
Meat

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2011-01-10

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 8:25 am

No hard feelings for the penalty, I came in late and hashed the character together in 2 hours, so I understand that he's a little... blank. I will work on that. I hope my character having wheels isn't too much of an issue. I was thinking Blindside would be along the lines of "that guy with a truck" I'm not a mechanic or a rigger, and such experts would wince on how I treat my ride. bah I should be adding this to my character now...
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 9:16 am

Hey, Gangers need to get from point A to point B as well; and this particular gang doesn't mind having a "dude with a truck" to make sure that they get there in one piece. This is definitely not a problem...

And yes, you should definitely be fleshing out your background story with those details; they're good character details!
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 12:22 pm

Ghostmaker pointed out that I have not given you all a description of the house that we live in. So here goes:

It's a 4 story brick stand-alone building. There is a 1-foot wide alleyway on each side of the building. From the third floor windows up there are black stains on the building, indicating that some time in the past there was a fire on the third floor. You can tell that it was somewhat longer ago, since there is no remaining evidence of the fact on the shabby interior. There are two windows on the front of the building on each floor.
The ground floor is currently set up as two store fronts. The one side is set up as a machine shop, and has an active tenant who runs a mostly-clean business and pays his rent on time. Janesta has made it clear that he and his business is to be treated with respect. When pressed, she reminds the Gang that having a legitimate business downstairs keeps some of the heat off the group. They are less likely to attract attention that way. The machine shop extends the length of the building, and some of his heavy machinery take up space in the sparse "Back yard", which is cemented over with old cracking cement slabs.
The second store front is owned and operated by Janesta, and is currently set up as an Electronics store. All of the merchandise, to your knowledge, is either stolen by the group, one of her other groups, or is carted in to her store-front by outside Black Market contacts of Janesta's. She claims that the store-front earns enough money to keep the taxes on the building paid, and food in the Gang's refrigerators.

The second floor is mostly an open-floor-plan space, which looks like it was once set up as a gym, or dance studio. The very old hardwood floors are cracked and buckled, making it unsuitable for any regular physical activity, as the uneven flooring would turn out to be quite difficult to work with. At the moment, there are cardboard boxes scattered about, some in stacks, some just sitting alone. The space is about half-full, with pathways weaving about among the boxes.
Janesta uses some of this space as storage for her store-front, but the "regularly" used boxes and space are quite obvious, based on the dust settled over the rest of the boxes and flooring.

The third and fourth floors are the living quarters for the gang. The building is a walk-up. The third floor is where most of the day-space is. There is a living/dining room. The 2 bathrooms on either side of the living-room are likely the cleanest rooms in the house, except possibly Janesta's room (no one is sure, since she keeps it closed). Janesta is unforgiving about the cleanliness of the bathrooms, and all of the gang know not to cross that line. Both bathrooms have a working shower, a toilet, and a sink. Everyone keeps their personal hygiene tools in their bedside drawer.
Also on the third floor is a well furnished "office" with Matrix hookups, most of which probably still work, and one which is well used and loved. On the "desk" (actually table, with a folding chair pulled up to it) is a turtle, not connected to the 'Trix, on which Janesta manages all of her recordable finances (you know, the stuff she wants found in the case of a police raid...unlikely as it may seem).

The fourth floor has 5 rooms, 4 of which are roughly the same size, and house Queen-sized Plasteel Bunk beds. No one is entirely clear how it is that Janesta managed to get something as sturdy as these made, but they are clearly (and quite successfully) an attempt to merge comfort with function. She needed room for 8... The beds are sturdy enough to withstand quite an effective amount of ... abuse ... without any noticeable swaying. They don't, however, stop noise.
At the foot of each bunk is a suspended Chest with a mechanical lock on it. Everyone knows that it wouldn't stop any determined burglar, but it's enough to stop any of the "casual thieves" that may happen to let their fingers get a little funny. Each room also holds 2 modest closets and 2 modest dressers. The rooms are a little tight, and there certainly isn't any room for more furniture, but they are comfortable, well lit, and quite functional.
- Note: You all are more than welcome to pick who your roommate is. You've been living with him/her for at least 6 months, and you are all quite aware of sleeping habits at this point.
No one knows how big the fifth room is, but a reasonable guess would set it slightly bigger than the other 4.

I think that should about cover it. Let me know if there are any more questions.
Back to top Go down
Forged
Meat
Meat

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 12:41 pm

I call Tink for roommate.

As for why, I want to add to my backstory, that my old AK-97 got most of it's mods by me bribing you. Your backstory is one of the people knew Janesta since you were a kid.and I'd like it if we knew each other for a while.

We don't have to be friends. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 12:47 pm

Darn i wanted tink for other reasons but you read faster apparently so ill take who ever i would think body dose not spend to much time in house at night anyway. i will sleep where ever afro
Back to top Go down
Kazuki jotaro
Team Leader
Team Leader
Kazuki jotaro

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Aries Mason aka Trix
Race: Human Technomancer
Sex: male

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 12:58 pm

ill room with who ever
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 1:22 pm

Note to Drugged Dwarf: We're all cool with the 14-hour time difference, but I need to know that you'll pull your weight in this. Make sure that you check (and post when applicable) the boards every morning when you get up and every evening as you head toward bed. That way you'll be interactive with our early and late posting players, and the run will keep rolling along.

And for the rest of you: Those of you who know me know that I personally slow down on the weekends. 1-2 posts, max, per day. Weekdays I often pull together quite a bit more. So, try to keep up on the weekdays, and we will keep the run rolling along. The weekends are good times to work on putting together some awesome posts that will earn you some instant Karma. And a good time to get in a little personal character-to-character chatting with another character in the gang. Also, good role play opportunity.
Now that you know how my frequency will end up, give yourself a chance to plan for this, and to take advantage of the high and low frequency times.
Back to top Go down
Drugged dwarf
Runner
Runner

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2010-09-15

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 5:16 pm

Gala: No problem. I have this website placed on my favourites, and have checked it every day since the end of last year just out of habit.

I will try and post as often as I can, and if I do disappear for a while, I will give Extra advanced notice.

Anyway.. gonna post my character up in my thread, and start posting! YAY!

Edit: Oh and I call Dibs on Leon for roomate. His sanity would work well with Runder's overcompensated heroism, and he seems to appreciate Janesta as much as Runder does.
Back to top Go down
Forged
Meat
Meat

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 10:31 pm

Hey, I'm using purple text for my character. I'm not sure of the protocols for this site so please tell me if I'm doing something wrong.

Also, I'm not posting my message yet because I want other characters to be able to interrupt me or comment on my idea. I want to contact my characters contact from my back story. Do I do the rolls in the main thread or this one? Thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 5:59 am

My first preference is for you to create an account on Invisiblecastle.com and do your rolling there. Then post the links in to your posts. That way you can keep a note about what you're rolling, what the dice pool is, what are the parts that go in to it, etc. And, I can check back to the rolls in the future for reference.
If you must use this site, then do it in the game thread, not the OOC thread.
Back to top Go down
Forged
Meat
Meat

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 10:27 am

Sounds good. Asking a favor from this guy is means that it's not a big issue if it's a low risk favor. If it's higher I'll need to negotiate. and I'll be spending edge cuz my dicepool of 2 (charisma 3 + negotiation 0 - defaulting -1) means my odds are not good. I won't roll until I hear back from him I guess.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 3:03 pm

Edge = Good... People often undervalue it. Edge can make up for a LOT of shortcomings.
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Priest Sarah Gaven
Race: ork
Sex: female

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 3:24 pm

I take it you failed to notice my character is basically half Face / half Assassin?
Back to top Go down
Forged
Meat
Meat

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 7:18 pm

You might be but until you introduce yourself he is MY contact. No offence, blindside would love for you to take over.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 7:29 am

Hey, take the edge off those blades. Did you boys miss my notes about ALL the characters knowing, living, and working together for AT LEAST the past 6 months?
I don't mind the growing pains of us getting to know each other OOC coming out in the game, it's fine and to be expected, since I highly doubt any of you took my suggestion to read each of the other player's character sheets. That said, Leon doesn't have to introduce himself. Everyone already knows him, what he does, and what he's good at. At least, in character.
That goes for all of our characters.
So, what that means is this: If you don't know what one character can do, and the player "gently reminds us" on the OOC thread, that is a good thing. Cool?

That said, Forged, the Fence will ALWAYS be your contact. That's why you spent BP on it. If Leon wants to have a contact like yours, he will have to spend in-game time on it now (or BP for the contact during build).
Everyone can remember that each character brings their own capacity to the group. And we are fortunate that there isn't much cross-over in this group. So continue to get good at your specialties, and other people will focus on theirs.
And be nice. The characters LIVE together.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 8:34 am

I just knew this game would be exciting lol ok so i gotta go do some RL stuff then when i get back ill find something to post up k lata
Back to top Go down
Drugged dwarf
Runner
Runner

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2010-09-15

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 8:50 am

*totally read his own bio :p*
Back to top Go down
Forged
Meat
Meat

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 9:03 am

I'm sorry, I was cranky from some RL stuff when I posted that. I didn't mean to be snippy. I gave my guy Edge 6 because i wanted to constantly try things he's not good at so I got defensive when you wanted to step in so soon. I'll try to be less defensive in the future. (PS I read everyone's background, but not their entire sheet, I'll change that.)
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 9:04 am

I assume all the sour-water has been mopped up now...

As for reading every other character's sheet, it's not always necessary. In this game, it is highly advisable.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 10:13 am

Hey forged did you like the bio? Smile i had fun writing it hope you enjoyed reading it. Going to post now Sorry so long. afro
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Priest Sarah Gaven
Race: ork
Sex: female

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 3:02 pm

I'm sorry to have created any bad blood, i honestly didn't mean it to be any sort of rude remark. Hard to tell emotion simply through text without any context, I was working under the assumption (once again, one of my other problems) that all of our characters new each other for quite sometime. About your contact, I wouldn't presume to steal a contact away from anyone, it's the reason why our characters are different, your's having more friends, mine not, that makes the two so very different. It is, in the end, what will probably make or break our team, that our diversity will more than likely save our hides.
Back to top Go down
Kazuki jotaro
Team Leader
Team Leader
Kazuki jotaro

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Aries Mason aka Trix
Race: Human Technomancer
Sex: male

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 9:44 am

I have a question gala Can we throw in little plot twists to the run? just curious
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers Empty

Back to top Go down

OOC - We Be Gangers
Page 1 of 15Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next