Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeX-treme Measures SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

X-treme Measures

Go down 
+5
Ghostmaker
Kazuki jotaro
Darkon
Digital Doom
Suspect
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Suspect
Runner
Runner

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2011-01-07

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

X-treme Measures Empty
PostSubject: X-treme Measures   X-treme Measures EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 1:35 pm

Your comm signals 'You have received a new message' and the tag shows your fixer's username:
> New Messages: 1
> Press 'O' to open file or 'S' to save
> Warning: Message Encrypted. Run Decryption? y/n
> Decryption Program Initiated. Progress... ...100%
> From: 'Fixer'
> Hoy, chummer. Got a lead on a job you might be interested in. Its a grab-n-go - the Johnson wants to extract a research scientist, and her research of course. The J sounds like a rookie, so the offer (10,000Y, half/half) might be negotiable - minus my usual fee, naturally. The meet's scheduled for tonight at MCKraken's Seafood Restaurant (I said the J was a rookie) @ 9:00pm. Its a family place, but there's a private room away from prying eyes and the kiddies. Ping me if you want the gig, and don't worry about drycleaning your suit, but I wouldn't go in packing heat either. "
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

X-treme Measures Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-treme Measures   X-treme Measures EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 2:47 pm

Lenilielle looked at the display of her comlink with an expression of surprise. Where did that come from? Snuff said the comlink was purged. Hope he’s ok. I wonder who they’re expecting to show up. But damn, ten thousand for one job. And the Johnson a rookie. She grinned. Maybe they won’t even notice the difference if I show up instead of whoever owned this comlink before me. She chose her best clothes, which still wasn’t very good.
At least the new coat looked good. And it would hold off the bullets. I don’t want to be too late, I better go early.
First she looked up the place on the matrix, getting a route. Then she took the monorail and arrived there a good 20 minutes early. A bit nervous, she looked around.
For a Johnson, for trouble, for anything.

In the meantime, Lenilielle spent her last money and got herself some calamari rings and fries, sat down at a table from where she had a good look at the whole restaurant and waited.

At 8.55, she went to one of the employees. While walking up to the employee, she tried to look professional. Stay cool, stay cool, stay cool. You’re a tough shadowrunner. You’re in total control of the situation. “Hey. Where’s your private room? I’ve got an appointment.”
Back to top Go down
Digital Doom
Admin
Admin
Digital Doom

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Character sheet
Character Name: Digital Doom
Race: Human
Sex: M

X-treme Measures Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-treme Measures   X-treme Measures EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 2:47 pm

The member 'Darkon' has done the following action : Dices roll

'D6' :
X-treme Measures D6-6
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/shadowrunsurvivalguide/
Kazuki jotaro
Team Leader
Team Leader
Kazuki jotaro

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Aries Mason aka Trix
Race: Human Technomancer
Sex: male

X-treme Measures Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-treme Measures   X-treme Measures EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 4:06 pm

Kit smiled as her comlink chirped as is always did . She stood there and listened to the message and agreed to the job ,She smiled at the thought of an easy payday ,Kit got dressed in her business casual outfit she looked herself over in mirror before heading out the door and too her car . Kit climbed into her car and headed for the restaurant. Kit arrived a few minutes after Lenilielle did, She climbed out of her car turning her alarm on as she walks in as Lenilielle asked her question.
Kit smiled and spoke up "I have an appointment as well?"
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

X-treme Measures Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-treme Measures   X-treme Measures EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 6:17 pm

Lenilielle turned, barely able to hide how startled she was. So this is a shadowrunner, she thought. Ok, look tough. Look professional. The young girl looked at the elf woman. Then she blinked and looked at her again, with her astral view. She was still getting the hang of it, getting better every day. It became like a reflex more and more.

“Hi.” She said to the woman. Still quite nervous, but she hoped it didn’t show.
Back to top Go down
Kazuki jotaro
Team Leader
Team Leader
Kazuki jotaro

Character sheet

X-treme Measures Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-treme Measures   X-treme Measures EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 7:29 am

Darkon wrote:
Lenilielle turned, barely able to hide how startled she was. So this is a shadowrunner, she thought. Ok, look tough. Look professional. The young girl looked at the elf woman. Then she blinked and looked at her again, with her astral view. She was still getting the hang of it, getting better every day. It became like a reflex more and more.

“Hi.” She said to the woman. Still quite nervous, but she hoped it didn’t show.

Kit Smiled at her and looked her over .Your a little young to be a runner. She thought to herself before responding to her greeting.Kit smiled at the girl who looked like she were going to explode at any minute."Hello the names Kit, You got a name? " She glanced towards the entrance waiting for more arrivals she started to fiddle with her dog tags which she still wore from her time served in the UCAS.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

X-treme Measures Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-treme Measures   X-treme Measures EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 8:49 am

“Of course I got a name.” Calm down dammit. You’re going to blow it. She thought to herself. “I’m Lenilielle. Nice to meetcha.” She said to Kit. When she glanced towards the entrance, Lenilielle looked too. “So you’re here for the meeting too? It’s cool that we’ll be working together.” She smiled back at the woman. She had her hands behind her back, the fingers intercrossed, that way she won’t gesture nervously.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

X-treme Measures Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-treme Measures   X-treme Measures EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 8:28 pm

Raziel's little hands worked furiously one of the oily slick hands the left reached out for then candy bar on the counter next to the drone he was working on. He was so small, that he could not see where the candy bar was. But he desperately wanted to find it! He had been dreaming of its Carmel goodness topped with chocolate and a peanut crunchy something he was not sure of But 100% soy free. This as they say was the good stuff....

The com slash armband on his left arm beeped and buzzed his arm as he reached for the phantom candy bar. Just as his finger tips were about to tap the packaged prize! Just as he was on the tips of his toes! And quite frankly scared the paints off him! The candy bar went out wide across the counter, and Raziel fell backwards cursing! As the image link in his Goggles put up a blinking Mail message icon, it was huge. Because his com was set on work mode he had a tendency to pay to much attention to his work, and it took away from the rest of his life. Even his new found shadowrunning career. If you could call it a career. He had done two things and been paid for both. And they were not how you say life threatening or anything. Digit his Shadowrunner handle was ready for so much more...

His favorite thing to do was to honor Daedalus whom he knew was always with him. He did this by building cool stuff, but nothing cooler then the drones he was currently working on... These would do a lot for him. They would honor Daedalus, they would give him a chance to get into the thick of things, with the rest of the shadow community, and maybe some excitement. Two and a half potential birds one, two well it still worked in his head.

The icon that was within the mail icon was from Garth, It was a Hammer. Garth was a Dwarf fixer with a bad attitude. Word on the street was that when ever custom armaments orders came to him. He did the custom work himself. He liked Digit not much, but he loved Digits projects. He had even helped digit get the parts, and done the weapons for the little guy. Digit was not taken in by reputations or rumors, so he had to find out him self about the custom work. He did some shady stuff for Garth in the matrix, and Garth did the Heavy shop work on the drones. Digit did the rest himself. With his own tools and some sprites.

The skin link on his arm received the electrical signal from right off the surface of his forearm. The message went through after a quick scan. "Hmph! Hoy chummer indeed!" the dark skinned gnome grumbled off his back. He pinged the dwarf back immediately. Digit desperately needed some throw around money for his next project. The drones were done. And he wanted to start soon. Plus rent was due and not paid yet...

That done Digit closed the top on the drone he was working on, and hopped on a chair which he used to reach the top of the counter. Grabbed his candy bar and broke open the seal on the way of the chair enjoyed that. Then into the shower to get ready for the meet. He did not like baths since most tubs were made for big people.

Later he went to said meet, and was not so late, but not on time either. He walked in. Wearing a black pair of paints some boots and a trench coat. A black shirt that was not tucked in but was at least was buttoned. unfortunately for him and his lack of true fashion sense. He topped it off with a his work goggles which he almost always wore on his head, and his oil slick pony tail(short). He looked around noticing people with coms that were on first then paying close attention to those who's coms were off or in stealth. Because they were most likely the party he was looking for. He signaled a waiter in cyber space to anyone paying attention(which was not likely since he was so small)there was an ARO set up to alert the staff to his presence, and that he would like to be seated. He hated such things, but it was better then walking around going "Excuse me yes im small and I'm hear for a meeting." This was much more discrete. Just an arrow that pointed to him and blinked. He waited patiently for the staff to recognize him...

Back to top Go down
Suspect
Runner
Runner

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

X-treme Measures Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-treme Measures   X-treme Measures EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 4:45 pm

The inside of the restaurant is spacious and airy, but with low lighting and candlelit tables. The foyer ends at a hostess station bordered by dwarf palms on either side. Short steps lead up right and left into the main dining areas with a central circular bar surrounded by stools directly behind the hostess station.
The hostess, a young, vivacious elf maiden wearing a knee-length dark skirt and short-sleeved top with the establishment's logo - a smiling lobster in a jaunty chef's hat - sewn over her left breast, smiles warmly as you approach.
Noting your glances at the entrance, she asks, "How many in your party?" At the mention of the private room, she quickly checks the reservation list via her AR overlay, notes the time, then smiles and says, "You're a little early yet. Would you like to wait at the bar? Mr Johnson has asked that your drinks be put on his tab. It shouldn't be long, and perhaps the rest of your party will arrive shortly. Please feel free to sit wherever you like and enjoy yourselves."
With that she offers a last warm smile before turning her attention to other waiting customers.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

X-treme Measures Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-treme Measures   X-treme Measures EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 6:22 pm

Digit As he was going by tonight(and on every shadowrun). Walked over to the bar frowning when he got there, all the seats were to high for him to get up on. So he looked for a seat at a table in a corner. That just happen to be the dimmest of them all in the back somewhere. He frowned again as he sat down and thought to himself "Great Raziel now they're sure not to know where you are... "

He did his best to signal the hostess and asked nicely for some water. Digit did not drink, not as a rule or anything. More to keep his head in the game. Digit was a Technomancer! He fancied himself a Dronmancer But he could not drive much less pilot anything most stuff was built for big people. He left that part to his little friends. He smiled when he thought about the new Hosts he had built for his little friends. And he was happy again. "Now where did he put that candy bar." he thought...

Digit spent most of the day at times in AR. So it was nothing to pull the goggles down, and go threw his mail so that's what he did.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

X-treme Measures Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-treme Measures   X-treme Measures EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 8:05 pm

Lenilielle looked at the newcomer too. She thought: A dwarf. Dad said they’re all a greedy pack. Crap, I don’t want to think of dad. Everything he said is crap. I shouldn’t look down on dwarfs just because my dad did. She went into the bar, not really used to the upper classes, oogling around. Once she noticed what she was doing, she walked right to the bar and sat down. She looked at the drink menu. “I want a… fruit cocktail.” It was one of the more expensive items on the menu. It had to be good. While taking in the scene, she wondered: How many more do we have to wait for?
Back to top Go down
Kazuki jotaro
Team Leader
Team Leader
Kazuki jotaro

Character sheet

X-treme Measures Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-treme Measures   X-treme Measures EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 8:21 pm

Kit smiled at the thought of free drinks. She glanced over the menu "I'll have a martini " she glanced over at the dwarf and smiled staying close to Lenilielle "I wonder what work the Johnson has for us ?" She sat at the bar next to Lenilielle and watched the dwarf closely only cause she knows that dwarfs may be small but should never be under estimated. She got up drink in hand and walked towards the shrimp and taped him on the shoulder "Hey shorty gotta name?" she asked the Dwarf smileing while she said it with her hand on her weapon just incase she offends the little guy.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

X-treme Measures Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-treme Measures   X-treme Measures EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 9:10 pm

Digit was unaware he was being watched no one ever looked at him. He sort of looked like a child not much like dwarf and the blacked out spy with goggles thing was about as funny as his shinny brown dome. He was in the middle of an intense video game. Where his avatar a Romulan Warbird was racing through space, blasting evil alien invader ships coming in at warp speed...!

When the heavily armed strange elf women came up on him with a drink in one hand and a hand on her pistol, which could have been a threat. "Jeez sakes Lady! Is that real!" and he ducked under the table. From out under the table a little hand poked at the women's leg. Yeah he thought She's real. Thought they said no heat? Digit also thought to himself. He made the mistake of leaving his house, without his weaponry not much a taser was all her really owned...

"Look lady" he called out "Unless you wanna be spammed, and hard for the rest of you natural life! You leave me be im supposed to be here, and i don't know you... Do I?"
Back to top Go down
Kazuki jotaro
Team Leader
Team Leader
Kazuki jotaro

Character sheet

X-treme Measures Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-treme Measures   X-treme Measures EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 9:17 pm

She smiled "Easy little fella i mean you no harm... Oh sorry bout that " She realized she had her hand on her pistol as she slowly removed her hand from her weapon. she smiled " So what do people call you, My names Kit?
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

X-treme Measures Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-treme Measures   X-treme Measures EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 9:38 pm

Digit climbed out from under the table. by now he had collected himself and put two n two together. She was here for the run the meet with the Johnson. Digit was no dummy. a little above average he pegged himself. And so he followed his gut. Looking the lady over with out the goggles which he pulled back to about where his stubby little pony tail was. his bald head effectively covered. He spat "Digit... Names Digit and don't call me little fella. I'm short get over it! Is my party here or something? you alone here?" he looked behind her to the bar. I mean no one goes to a restaurant packing right?"

He mostly stared at where he'd seen the gun, while she talked, after that... He did not mean to come off rude, But for a first time meeting referring to his size was kinda pushing it. Digit was real touchy about his size(little man complex). But there was not much in the way fighting that he could do. "Spam her to death? Really!?! Good one Raziel." he thought Mentally scolding himself for the rookie mistake/threat...
Back to top Go down
Suspect
Runner
Runner

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

X-treme Measures Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-treme Measures   X-treme Measures EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 7:59 am

The bartender efficiently mixed Leniliel's fruit cocktail, then Kit's martini. He set the drinks in front of each of you and smiled, saying, "Anything I can get you, just let me know."

The waitress, with Digit's water, stepped to the side so as not to startle Kit standing there, then she hesitated at the absence of the gnome. She looked at Kit, the question in her eyes not yet formed on her lips, when a glimpse of a small hand reaching out from under the table caught her eye. Squatting down to peer under the table at the gnome, she said, "I brought your water, sir. Is there a problem?" Her glance up at Kit indicated where she thought the problem originated, and the dismissive look at the weapon upon which Kit's hand had just been removed, told what she thought of weapons inside the bar. Returning her attention to Digit, she added, "Is this woman bothering you?"
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

X-treme Measures Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-treme Measures   X-treme Measures EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 8:33 am

"Hmm?" Digit looked up at the hostess. She wanted to know if he needed assistance. No one ever asked Digit if he needed something no one ever really cared. At first he wanted say "Yes please remove her!" Like a big shot. But he might have to see this women again so "No I'm fine thank you" He looked at the bulge on the women only slightly then looked at the hostess and accepted the water. "Yeah me and her are ok" Then looked at Kit "We are ok right?" as he stared her in the eyes he gulped down the water....

On the flip side of the situation it was kind of whimsical the whole scene. this little gnome no taller then the two elf women's knees. Felt a sudden desire for a lot of oil and a wrestling mat for the ladies, but he was fading from the moment so he dropped the thought process....
Back to top Go down
Kazuki jotaro
Team Leader
Team Leader
Kazuki jotaro

Character sheet

X-treme Measures Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-treme Measures   X-treme Measures EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 8:54 am

Kit gave the hostess an icy stare she smiled and glanced back at the Digit "Where square Digit." She took a sip of her martini. [i]This martini isn't like the real thing[i] She had missed the taste of the good stuff she had gotten use to the synthetic stuff but would prefer the real deal anytime. She glanced at the entrance still fiddleing with thoughts of the past.

Remembering the last time she was at this restaurant She was here on her wedding anniversary with her husband and her ten year old daughter as well as close friends and family.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

X-treme Measures Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-treme Measures   X-treme Measures EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 10:33 am

Digit Gives the glass to the hostess. "Thank you." Then turns to Kit "Well now what? I assume your here to meet the you know Mr. J?"
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

X-treme Measures Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-treme Measures   X-treme Measures EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 2:08 pm

She took another sip on the fruit juice. It tasted… sweet. And kind of fruity. But not as much as she thought it should. These couldn’t be real fruits. She listened to the other two bickering about. Lenilielle had seen this with some of the boys from the gang in her old street. Who had the bigger cojones. Whatever that meant.
With a twist, she got off the barstool and walked over to the dwarf and the other elf. “It’s still a few minutes.” Acting as if it was everyday business for her, she nodded at the dwarf. By now, her nerves had calmed down a bit. “I’m Lenilielle.”

Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

X-treme Measures Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-treme Measures   X-treme Measures EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 2:38 pm

"Digit" the dark skinned Gnome said to the pretty elf that made his acquaintance. He nodded and then asked "Is this it just us?" He'd seen pretty women before always wanted something. Those types he figured he'd listen out, and see what this one was chasing, might even be a new friend. He almost giggled. Who would be his friend? Digit spent most of his time alone or with programs and machines, He was not really into the friends thing. They always let you down...

Truth is he did not talk to his mom or dad much. They had become estranged to him. Ever since he and Ivy started hanging out. "The computer thug" they called her. So Digit had no one, really. And the only team he'd ever been on was for data runs with Ivy, for training. Nothing she could not handle herself, but she would bring Digit along to learn the ways of a technomancer. The skills he would need to succeed...

He was hoping there would be somebody he could identify with at the meeting, but that did not seem to be happening. All he could do was hope the Johnson got there soon. And then this day could end...
Back to top Go down
Kazuki jotaro
Team Leader
Team Leader
Kazuki jotaro

Character sheet

X-treme Measures Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-treme Measures   X-treme Measures EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 2:56 pm

Kit smiled at digit and noticed Lenilielle walk up behind her . "So far its just us three."
She looked around at all the people passing oblivious to there surroundings going about there meaningless lives. One good thing about running the shadows it wasn't the same thing all the time.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

X-treme Measures Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-treme Measures   X-treme Measures EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 4:57 pm

“Why? How many are expected?” The young girl asked curiously, sipping on her fruit juice. “You know, for a run like this.” She tried to sound experienced and stood up a bit straighter, to look taller and more mature than she was. After the next blinking, her vision had shifted into the astral space again. She wanted to take a closer look at the people she would probably run with.

Looking at Kit astrally. (Int 2) (2d6. hits(5)=0) Zero hits.

Looking at Digit astrally (Int 2) (2d6. hits(5)=1) One hit.

It was still difficult for her to discern anything from the wibbling wobbling colours of the aurae.
Back to top Go down
Drugged dwarf
Runner
Runner

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2010-09-15

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

X-treme Measures Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-treme Measures   X-treme Measures EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 6:28 pm

He was late.

There was a lot of words you could use to describe chase. Most of them had something to do with the underbelly of an amoeba. But, to his credit, being late was not one of them.

The world had seemed to conspire against him the second he had received that damn message. First off, his father had called - not a fun instance in the slightest, - and had insisted on coming over after work to 'catch up' with his son.

Three hours of jaw droppingly annoying speeches later, his father left, and he had gone running to his car, confident that he could cross the city in the fifteen minutes left that he had before 9pm.

And then the late rush hour hit. Buses, cars, trams, you name it, it was in his way. He was stuck at a damn traffic light for twenty minutes because some hacker had thought it was a great idea to mess around with lights because clearly that was the way to win friends and influence people. He had even given up, stopped his car, and gone shopping while some wardens tried to fix it.

He was late, but at least he looked good for it.

He rushed inside, eyes widened, hoping against hope that the meeting hadn't started yet, or at least that someone would show him the way.
Back to top Go down
Suspect
Runner
Runner

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

X-treme Measures Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-treme Measures   X-treme Measures EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 6:56 am

Taking the glass from the obviously nervous gnome, the waitress looks around at the other two of you standing around the table doubtfully. Then with a slight shrug, she returns to the bar, leaving the three of you to yourselves.

At that moment, a well-dressed elf male hurries into the foyer, looking a bit harried. The hostess greets him and then you all see her turn in your direction and point your location out to him.

There is still no sign of the Johnson, who seems to have been held up in traffic or some other inconvenience.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

X-treme Measures Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-treme Measures   X-treme Measures Empty

Back to top Go down

X-treme Measures
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next