Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeKouryuu's first tries at SR character's help appreciated. SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Kouryuu's first tries at SR character's help appreciated.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2011-03-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Kouryuu.LV
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

Kouryuu's first tries at SR character's help appreciated. Empty
PostSubject: Kouryuu's first tries at SR character's help appreciated.   Kouryuu's first tries at SR character's help appreciated. EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 3:08 pm

<<0001>> Kouryuu Shigeru (The New boy in the City) Elf Magician - Discussion closed
<<0002>> Andromeda [Rigger with mobile HQ] - added 05.04.2011 any good?
<<0003>> Sue Koenig [Keiserin] Elf adept [Face/infiltrator] - added 12.04.2011 any good?

This was original a post with <<0001>> so Wreck's Comment in the next post is about him.

Last edited by Kouryuu.LV on Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:26 pm; edited 12 times in total (Reason for editing : Making it a reposatory of concepts)
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Number of posts : 1442
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Kouryuu's first tries at SR character's help appreciated.   Kouryuu's first tries at SR character's help appreciated. EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 3:39 pm

Part of the point of choosing an elf is usually to take advantage of the high Charisma. Especially in the Magician facility where you can get a Charisma score much higher than your logic of intuition scores. Depending on the Path you choose for magic will let you use that high Charisma to resist drain. If you want to use Will I'd choose a dwarf. I think they get a boost to will...

You'll need to really justify that Loyalty 6. I've known a lot of blood relatives that would barely score a 2... I'm not saying it can't be done, (although that is because I don't know if it can... Gala?) but you have to really flesh that relationship out in your Background. Because of how strong the relationship is, you could be justified to make the contact as a character with a full background too. That would really help the GM with how they know each other, and how they interact.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Kouryuu's first tries at SR character's help appreciated.   Kouryuu's first tries at SR character's help appreciated. EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 3:55 pm

<<0001>>
Kouryuu Shigeru (The New boy in the City)
Street name: none at the moment
Metatype : Elf (30BP)
Magician

Character
Spoiler:

Background

Spoiler:

Last edited by Kouryuu.LV on Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Kouryuu's first tries at SR character's help appreciated.   Kouryuu's first tries at SR character's help appreciated. EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 4:08 pm

Wreck wrote:
Part of the point of choosing an elf is usually to take advantage of the high Charisma. Especially in the Magician facility where you can get a Charisma score much higher than your logic of intuition scores. Depending on the Path you choose for magic will let you use that high Charisma to resist drain. If you want to use Will I'd choose a dwarf. I think they get a boost to will...
part of the charm of role-playing for me is not to make the ultimate character, but to fulfil something I have imagined, this time something that resembles me, my lifestyle + my favourite class[ may be even dual class]

Wreck wrote:
You'll need to really justify that Loyalty 6. I've known a lot of blood relatives that would barely score a 2... I'm not saying it can't be done, (although that is because I don't know if it can... Gala?) but you have to really flesh that relationship out in your Background. Because of how strong the relationship is, you could be justified to make the contact as a character with a full background too. That would really help the GM with how they know each other, and how they interact.
We can scrap thin Contact completely, it was never intended to be useful, just the reason he decided to come to this city and loy 6 is from old age - not much to lose, wealthy - magic shop owner, only relative that ever has shown any skill in magic + aunt with no children, taking him under the wing - mother instinct kinda.

I am more interested in the armour, is it ok? and does bilingual second Native language cost BP, did not find anything on that.

P.s. thanks on the advice about the dwarf, next time will think more on the attributes.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Number of posts : 1442
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Kouryuu's first tries at SR character's help appreciated.   Kouryuu's first tries at SR character's help appreciated. EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 8:37 pm

I never harp on anyone for RP value. That being said, you may want to move some points around to boost whichever attribute you'll be using from your Path.

You can get any eq up to AR 12. So the armor should be fine. Just make sure it's legit with the 2xbody limit
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Kouryuu's first tries at SR character's help appreciated.   Kouryuu's first tries at SR character's help appreciated. EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 9:11 am

Wreck wrote:
I never harp on anyone for RP value. That being said, you may want to move some points around to boost whichever attribute you'll be using from your Path.

You can get any eq up to AR 12. So the armor should be fine. Just make sure it's legit with the 2xbody limit

Thanks, the helmet bonus really pushed me over the limit. - corrected

redone most of the attributes, edited skills.

Have just one question:

I have "Martial art" Quality, but have disposed the unarmed combat skill, up until now have not found anything that explained this siltation, what do you say?
Any way can make 1 attribute -> Unarmed combat : 2 + MA spec.
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Priest Sarah Gaven
Race: ork
Sex: female

PostSubject: Re: Kouryuu's first tries at SR character's help appreciated.   Kouryuu's first tries at SR character's help appreciated. EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 3:36 pm

That isn't quite how the martial arts quality works, you should read the Arsenal core book.

There are plenty of martial arts styles listed in the previously stated book outside of unarmed combat, bladed weapons, cyber weapons, magic, firearms, etc. If you're going to try to blend magic with a fire arms martial artist, i would suggest going with a blend between krav maga and firefight. Which you are working towards on your character.

I would also suggest changing one of your spells for increased reflexes, as it is, you only have 1 initiative pass, low agility, and low initiative.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Kouryuu's first tries at SR character's help appreciated.   Kouryuu's first tries at SR character's help appreciated. EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 7:50 pm

wngd_phantom wrote:
That isn't quite how the martial arts quality works, you should read the Arsenal core book.
yeah that's the reason I took the unarmed combat + spec. out in the first place[as English is not my native and not even my first foreign language I doubt my understanding of it a lot], but thanks for the confirmation and the good advice, went from Mage with some training to a fighting machine, good advice!
Big thanks from me!

So redistribute some skill point into attributes and hope this will end up to be a somewhat near average character. [do not have big hope for my first born Runner]
At the moment I do not see any need to change something else, so that means at least for me it is finished(I think, but I can be totally wrong too)
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Kouryuu's first tries at SR character's help appreciated.   Kouryuu's first tries at SR character's help appreciated. EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 6:14 pm

<<0002>>
Andromeda
Metatype : Mundane Ork
Rigger with Mobile HQ [ mostly just for RP] work in progress
Attributes
Body: 4 Agility: 4 Reaction: 4 Strength: 2 Charisma: 1 Intuition: 5 Logic: 5 Willpower: 3 Edge: 6 Initiative: 1 Essence: 4.96

Active Skills Knowledge Skills
Mechanic group :3 English : N
Aeronautics Mechanic : 3 Japanese : 4
Automotive Mechanic : 3 Safe Houses : 4
Industrial Mechanic : 3 Local Junkyards : 4
Nautical Mechanic :3 Combat Bike Schedule : 2
Athletics group : 2 Engineering : 6
Gymnastics : 2
Running : 2 Positive Qualities(35)
Swimming : 2 Ambidextrous
Climbing : 2 Black Market Pipeline
Pistols : 3 Juryrigger
Dodge : 3 Technical Scool Education
Longarms (Sniper Rifles) : 3 Restricted Gear (1 piece)
Pilot Ground Craft : 4
Negative Qualities(-35)
Sensitive System
In Debt (Level 4)

Cyberwares Armors
Commlink Urban Explorer Jumpsuit
Control Rig Urban Explorer Jumpsuit Helmet
Smartlink
Cybereyes Basic Rating 4 Vehicles
+Smartlink Nordkapp Zugmaschine w/ Trailer
+Anti-Theft 6
Weapons +Searchlight
HK PSG Enforcer +Morphing License Plate
+Spare Clips +Amenities Middle
+Smartgun +Spoof Chip
+Silencer +Electromagnetic Shielding
2x Colt Manhunter+Workshop Forge
+2xAdditional Clip +Drone Rack Large Landing
+2xSmartgun +Valkyrie Module
+2xMelee HardeningSuzuki Mirage(Racing Bike)
40xRegular Ammo x10 +Racing Tire
10xEX-Explosive Rounds x10 +Anti-Theft 4
+Rigger Adaptation
Back story is on the way

Last edited by Kouryuu.LV on Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PresentPresence
Team Leader
Team Leader
PresentPresence

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2010-07-31

Character sheet
Character Name: яөъөсөр
Race: Human After All
Sex: French

PostSubject: Re: Kouryuu's first tries at SR character's help appreciated.   Kouryuu's first tries at SR character's help appreciated. EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 5:08 am

Kouryuu.LV wrote:
does bilingual second Native language cost BP, did not find anything on that.
I am pretty sure it just costs the 5 (?) BP for the quality.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Kouryuu's first tries at SR character's help appreciated.   Kouryuu's first tries at SR character's help appreciated. EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 5:20 am

PresentPresence wrote:
I am pretty sure it just costs the 5 (?) BP for the quality.

thanks
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Kouryuu's first tries at SR character's help appreciated.   Kouryuu's first tries at SR character's help appreciated. EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 7:11 pm

<<0003>>

Class: Elf Adept
Name: Yukiko Koenig
Alias:Crimson Ninja [Crimson] Rarly Kaiserin
Face/spy Adept

As I had no time to write the full back story I made a short version(pointers) with the base of the character of my char.
Steam punk with a conscience. Ex-Ganger, Ninja Fanatic from Denver. Seductive, but fierce. Don’t get on her bad side.

Attributes
Body 3
Agility 5
Reaction 4
Strength 1
Charisma 7
Intuition 5
Logic 3
Willpower 3
Edge 5
Magic 5

Active Skills

Con 1
Athletics (Group) 1
Stealth (Group) 3
Pistols 3
-Tasers
Negotiation 6
-Bargaining
Leadership 3
-Persuasion
Etiquette 2

Knowledge Skills

German N
Japanese 2
Cantonese 2
English 4

Security Procedures 3
Corp (Shiawise) 4
Zen Meditation 3
Hangouts (Shadowrunner) 2
Criminal (Yakuza) 2
Criminal (Triads) 2

Contacts

Talent Scout 2/5

<< Positive Qualities >>

Linguist

<< Negative Qualities >>
Pacifist
SINner (Standard)
Lost Loved One
In Debt (10000)
Day Job (1000¥/10hrs)

Adept powers

Commanding Voice
Kinesics 3
Linguistics 1
Voice Control
Improved Reflexes I
Sustenance
Facial Sculpt 3

Commlink

Novatech Airware

Armour

Form-Fitting Body Armor Full-Body Suit
Steampunk Corset
Steampunk Skirt
SecureTech Upper Leg Casings
Forearm Guards
Audio Enhancements R3
Select Sound Filter
Spatial Recognizer
Earbuds
Goggles
Flare Compensation
Smartlink
Image Link
Ultrasound
Vision Enhancement R3
Vision Magnification

Equipment

50 Taser Dart
2 Spare Clips
Fake SIN 4
Fake License 4
Smart Jammer,Area R4
White Noise Generator R6
Concealable Holster

Weapon

Yamaha Pulsar
-Smartgun System
-Skinlink
-Chameleon Coating
-Personalized Grip
-Melee Hardening

Edited: On Request from Gala
Adding the story from file ATM

Story

Keiserin/Crimson

Kouryuu's first tries at SR character's help appreciated. 300

When you meet her in the Black Rose Host club you would not think this girl had the life she had, and you would not believe she is what she is.
Born in Germany to a father from Denver and mother from Neo-Tokyo. She spent her childhood in Germany, Bremen to be precise. When Yukiko was 11 years old her parents went trough a divorce, her father won the right to have her despite her mother and herself fighting against that.
After the divorce they moved back to Denver. In Denver Yukiko joined a gang just to anger her father. Not long after she had the whole gang eating out of her palm, may be it was because she was one of the few girls they had in their ranks, or may be her adept powers were starting to show, but soon she was dubbed Kaiserin, after the steam era leaders from Germany.
Around the time Yukiko celebrated her 18th birthday her gang got a lot of heat from an attack of an high ranking wage slave, at first they fought back, but soon it escalated that far that real shadowruner where sent after them.
Yukiko decided to take a risk, she would run away from home, and travel to her mother. Her mothers location and contact information was a well kept secret and only using her adept power of commanding voice she got to know that she lives in Neo-Tokyo. Not long afterwards she had found a talent scout who would provide work and pay for tickets. Being in debt was not optimal, but if it helps her survive and find her mother, then it was the best thing ever.
The talent scout was not as clean as he seemed, and after learning that Yukiko had Magical powers, he insisted in training her as a Face for a shadowruning team. As Yukiko was always been a big Fan of Japanese culture, especially Ninjas, she found the idea somewhat pleasing, even thou risking her life was not a thing you would consider lightly.
Just a year later she could get inside most restricted areas, talk people into most bizarre things and live to tell the tale. The only thing bothering her now was to find her mother.
Part of The journal of Kouryuu Nagasami(talent scout)

You want to know who I am? I am the wind behind your back, I am the shadow in your shadow, I am the Crimson Ninja, I AM CRIMSON, and you will never know any better, then that.
Yukiko’s favorite line, a copy from a cheap ninja trid
In the gang in Denver she started to wear steam punk style, and when her melanin control abilities showed themselves, first thing she did was to change her skin and hair colors accordingly to her style. Red hair with black parts, pale skin, even in Neo-Tokyo she kept it on, and many thought she were a Gothic Lolita, but better not say it loud, because she may be much, but nice is not a thing you will often as a stranger from her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kouryuu's first tries at SR character's help appreciated.   Kouryuu's first tries at SR character's help appreciated. Empty

Back to top Go down

Kouryuu's first tries at SR character's help appreciated.
Page 1 of 1