Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeGang-Level Run Interest SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Gang-Level Run Interest

Go down 
+3
Kouryuu.LV
No_Name
PresentPresence
7 posters
AuthorMessage
PresentPresence
Team Leader
Team Leader
PresentPresence

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2010-07-31

Character sheet
Character Name: яөъөсөр
Race: Human After All
Sex: French

Gang-Level Run Interest Empty
PostSubject: Gang-Level Run Interest   Gang-Level Run Interest EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 4:14 am

Last edited by PresentPresence on Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Gang-Level Run Interest   Gang-Level Run Interest EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 6:00 am

Hello,
I would be very interested in trying this out. I am new to SR4 and PBP and have been itching to try out both. I will draw up a character concept at some point and let you know what I come up with.

--St_Nougat
Back to top Go down
PresentPresence
Team Leader
Team Leader
PresentPresence

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Gang-Level Run Interest   Gang-Level Run Interest EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 12:39 pm

Thank you for your interest!

If anyone is interested in learning more about the Barrens, they should check out the Seattle 2072 sourcebook. If they are interested in the gangs of the Sixth World, they should check out the Vice sourcebook, but Seattle 2072 covers the local gangs.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2011-03-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Kouryuu.LV
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Re: Gang-Level Run Interest   Gang-Level Run Interest EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 9:40 am

PresentPresence wrote:
Thank you for your interest!

If anyone is interested in learning more about the Barrens, they should check out the Seattle 2072 sourcebook. If they are interested in the gangs of the Sixth World, they should check out the Vice sourcebook, but Seattle 2072 covers the local gangs.

Would love to take part, but for a while now i wont be able to make a character, as i am far from home until the end of Sept, but if until then it's still not started expect a char from me.
Back to top Go down
PresentPresence
Team Leader
Team Leader
PresentPresence

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Gang-Level Run Interest   Gang-Level Run Interest EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 3:21 pm

I wouldn't mind throwing in some free-form RP with NPCs to add to the game world. You could play as someone's contact, a non-combatant legworker, or even a random hobo who offers the reader a different perspective on the action being played out. Ask me about it, describe your character, provide an RP sample, and I might give you the go-ahead!
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Gang-Level Run Interest   Gang-Level Run Interest EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 1:39 am

PresentPresence wrote:
I wouldn't mind throwing in some free-form RP with NPCs to add to the game world. You could play as someone's contact, a non-combatant legworker, or even a random hobo who offers the reader a different perspective on the action being played out. Ask me about it, describe your character, provide an RP sample, and I might give you the go-ahead!

Like the idea of just writting a piece from a simpeltons prospective.

As people aren't really active in summer i will just see how it goes, but i can be a npc, or just use one of my characters from other games as a contact, but i would not like to mix up the games because of that.

Then, i hope, i can join in, when i am home.
Back to top Go down
train850

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-02-12

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Yea   Gang-Level Run Interest EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 4:37 pm

PresentPresence wrote:
My current idea is to plop the player characters into the midst of a small gang war in the Redmond Barrens of Seattle. The players will act as mercenaries for the gangs, but here's the catch: each player can individually choose which gang they want to work for, and therefore they may end up fighting each other!

Sounds great and might I add, Olympic? Compete for the Gold and earn your skin.

By all means, do what we all want and make a mmopnp bounce
err, mmopbp?, mmopnbp? googled and it is
making me wish I knew a hacker. anyhow
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Gang-Level Run Interest   Gang-Level Run Interest EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 4:01 am

PresentPresence wrote:
Then, i hope, i can join in, when i am home.
look like i can make the character or is this the end for Gangs?
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Tokko Tsuonomi

PostSubject: Re: Gang-Level Run Interest   Gang-Level Run Interest EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 4:14 am

Hi! I'm interested too. Which books are we going to use? I'd really like to try something exotic, but I'm only familiar with SR4A, SM, RC and maybe a little Seattle 2072. I would appreciate help with my character's creation. That is, if the run is still on.
Back to top Go down
PresentPresence
Team Leader
Team Leader
PresentPresence

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Gang-Level Run Interest   Gang-Level Run Interest EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:25 pm

Always recruiting! Give me your concept and I'll help you flesh it out. I have most of the sourcebooks and many of the electronic resources, so if you have any questions about rules I bring up during play, I can provide a quote.
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Gang-Level Run Interest   Gang-Level Run Interest EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 10:02 pm

I don't know much about advanced augs (gene, nano and such) and I'm no good with tecno - never played a hacker before and frankly, they have the most extensive and complex build spanning several books - aug, unwired, emergence etc. So I'm thinking magic, I'm good with that and I would like to use Street magic, runners c. and maybe even the way of the adept if it's okay. I'm not sure yet, there are a number of possibilities I'd like to discuss with you. I'll get the in order and than we could talk it through.
Back to top Go down
PresentPresence
Team Leader
Team Leader
PresentPresence

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Gang-Level Run Interest   Gang-Level Run Interest EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 11:07 pm

Yeah, Way of the Adept is great. I would suggest first deciding what role you want the character to fill - adepts can fit pretty much any of these roles, and can do it with three more dice Razz .
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Gang-Level Run Interest   Gang-Level Run Interest EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 9:59 am

So I'm thinking in the mage-adept-m. adept triangle. Metatype-wise, I'm a little more confused. Thought about a free spirit(with the houserules on this forum, namely, force just sets your ability maximum, not minimum) but those are hard to build out of 400 bp and near impossible of 300. If you think there's a way, just let me know.

Secondly, I wondered about a sapient critter with some real exotic background. A pixie in the barrens or a naga or a shifter. A shifter adept is a killer, but maybe a little overused. There are better candidates for a mage. Mystic adept? I didn't experiment enough with the build to find the perfect combination, but I'm intrigued! That's not an easy char., finding the right combination, because most of the time mages and adepts seems stronger and somehow more versatile. M. adepts are only better when overspecializing, it seems. But I have some ideas.

Drakes are good, but again, the 65 bp is too much to waste on an already expensive mage, and only adepts can use their powers to the fullest (they need unarmed combat, dodge, some mystic armor, because they're big and easy to shoot but don't have an armor to put on). Latent drake is good, but you couldn't be sure he wakes, so they are good only if you are playing with one gm for long (no gm will let the char. into his newly started game with his 3-400 bp abilities and his dracoform ready, saying he will pay the karma later) Until then, you just play with an adept.

In the end, changelings and infected. Both can be good, but they're the most difficult. Changeling qualities range from aug to sm book references and difficult to put together, and infected chars. have allergies, essence loss and are really hard to play.

I get my specifics together, but in the meantime I'll await your opinion.
Back to top Go down
PresentPresence
Team Leader
Team Leader
PresentPresence

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Gang-Level Run Interest   Gang-Level Run Interest EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 9:21 pm

I would allow a 650 karma budget for a free spirit with its metatype costing 100. Check out the On the Verge thread, it's the formalization of this idea and lists special chargen rules for this run.
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Gang-Level Run Interest   Gang-Level Run Interest EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 4:12 am

"Max Natural Attributes are 5 + racial modifiers. Max Magic is 4, Edge is 4/5 for humans."

Max Force is 5 then (attributes) or 4 (max magic), one of them I cannot do, because on force 4 I can't have attributes 5 and on force 5 I will have magic 5!? In karmagen, you don't have to pay extra for maxing out, do you?
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Gang-Level Run Interest   Gang-Level Run Interest EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 4:42 am

PresentPresence wrote:
I would allow a 650 karma budget for a free spirit with its metatype costing 100. Check out the On the Verge thread, it's the formalization of this idea and lists special chargen rules for this run.

PP! Do not think I'm ungrateful, but I tried to create this spirit from 650 and it's seriously overpowered. Even with force 4 he's a killer, with every attributes on 4 (inc. Magic and Edge) a bunch of special spirit powers, good skills (roughly 1 at 5 and 5-6 at 3) spells and I'm a little afraid to mention, but he doesn't need gear(maybe 1 karma) or lifestyle and can possess some tough punk (or his dead body) for even higher stats. I can send it to you when it's done to double check, but I think it needs a little "tweaking" if you don't want to unleash a DEMIGOD on those gangs (though I'm totally OK with that if you do).
Back to top Go down
Faust
Team Leader
Team Leader

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2011-10-01

Character sheet
Character Name: Faust
Race: Human Drake

PostSubject: Re: Gang-Level Run Interest   Gang-Level Run Interest EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 4:06 pm

Actually, with a Drake, Adept is easiest to build at the low end, but I'd reserve trying to add in spellcasting until you have a 450-500 point build. And even then, Mystic Adept is the way to go.

Though I wouldn't recommend trying to do a Troll Drake with less than 500 BP, because they end up drawing the anti-dragon rounds, and while they might be the same size, they are nowhere as tough as a dragon.
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Gang-Level Run Interest   Gang-Level Run Interest EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 12:47 am

Thanks! A drake is cool, but we're currently working on a valid free spirit build, not too strong, not too weak. I have some ideas and PP has his saying in that too of course.
Back to top Go down
Professor
Meat
Meat
Professor

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2011-09-24

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Gang-Level Run Interest   Gang-Level Run Interest EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:07 pm

Hi, I had created Asha For this addy. Any issues with her? Or can I start on in?

Prof
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gang-Level Run Interest   Gang-Level Run Interest Empty

Back to top Go down

Gang-Level Run Interest
Page 1 of 1