Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeOn the Verge - OOC - Page 5 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

On the Verge - OOC

Go down 
+5
Aalith
No_Name
Kouryuu.LV
Faust
PresentPresence
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2011-03-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Kouryuu.LV
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

On the Verge - OOC - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 1:02 pm

Aalith wrote:
Hey! He said allegiances could change during this play! And I know you know they know how to read our topics, so don't suggest them they could bribe you with 10 k! Remember the old saying: nobody trusts a traitor! As a shadowrunner and even more as a face, you depend on trust, so if you switch sides in a war, you could end up with some serious notoriety and the untrustworthy negative quality. And you know I know PP knows how to read this topic, so watch your back, because we are onto you! cyclops Shocked Suspect

(I may getting paranoid. So that was a joke, but seriously, money is not everything, and I really hope we will be forged into a team through fire and thunder (metaphorically). I'm a sucker of good teamwork and trust, but I understand what roleplaying sometimes demands, so it may very well turn out to be, that Carrion is a traitor too. We'll see)

they should,

"Shadowrun and paranoia share the same bed. Or at least they would if they trusted each other that much."
Quote from Ultra Violence & James McMurray

AS for Silver, he has worked for both sides up until now, and has done good for himself, so that means he has connections in both. Liking is good nuyen better, but of course he would rather be on FN side, brethren was not used just like that, it shows how Silver sees himself, then an elf working for an Ork Troll gang, that would seem odd, to say the least, but for the right pay, you newer know, on the other hand, Silver can be an informant, sell information, but what information how much and how true??
Suspicions

You can only trust Silver to act like Silver, that's about it, until bounds ar forged we are just strangers in a room with a wolf shifter, and a mysterious plant.
Blood makes the strongest Bounds.

Last edited by Kouryuu.LV on Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Tokko Tsuonomi

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 1:05 pm

Or that. But we may never know what Presence has in mind. Especially if he goes AWOL for another few weeks Smile
Man, he has a life. It's so frustrating! Smile It's literally "dead season" here, so in work, I check SRO hourly, scouting for new posts, play card games, read news or exercise. I should learn to knit shawls.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 1:08 pm

Aalith wrote:
Or that. But we may never know what Presence has in mind. Especially if he goes AWOL for another few weeks Smile
Man, he has a life. It's so frustrating! Smile It's literally "dead season" here, so in work, I check SRO hourly, scouting for new posts, play card games, read news or exercise. I should learn to knit shawls.
Or just read some more SR books
Attitude and Spy games are quit interesting, the gadgets for most part, but of course Core is more important.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 3:32 pm

PresentPresence wrote:
If you plan to negotiate or ask questions, please wait until I have written a response to previous questions. St_Nougat, you may keep your roll and your questions. No worries! Just something to make it less confusing for everybody.
Sorry, i think i can say we are all sorry, but at least now you can make one big answers and we can feel guilty for making the next post appear when you had time to do it, and looking at the questions everyone has made it will take some time.
Back to top Go down
PresentPresence
Team Leader
Team Leader
PresentPresence

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2010-07-31

Character sheet
Character Name: яөъөсөр
Race: Human After All
Sex: French

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 9:28 am

Geez, finally some free time! I'll have IC posts up soon, but I think an OOC is in order first while I type the other stuff. We are now getting to the conspiracy and secrets stage. We have some options:

1. Shadow Chat/Skype/etc. We schedule a time via PM and plan stuff. I'll type it all up into one summary post for the benefit of the other readers once everything is in place.
2. E-mail/PM. It's a bit more disjointed, and harder to work as a team. But you can take the time to figure out what you want to do individually.
3. Trust. Keep posting in the respective IC pages like you would, not worrying about what other people are doing. I can monitor actions that seem out of character, or things like "Oh, they're planning on hacking us? Well, my magical-focused character will suggest updating the firewalls and downloading IC programs that they have likely never heard about!"

As for teamwork rolls, we have 11 hits sitting in the FN post and two people haven't even rolled yet. Due to some awesome rolling, I will give you the extra stuff I was holding on to seeing how you rolled. The CC players haven't made any gear-related rolls, so the set-aside loot will be placed in the Bloodhall for potential finding and using, or looting. An interesting request for a non-gear resource has been accepted. Other rolls requested will be in the IC posts.

As for Silver's mercenary streak, I did plan on making this a bit of an allegiance-free job. Know this, however: The people that you responded to interviews with are watching you now. If you leave the FN base and scurry over to the Chrome Club with a sack full of traitorous info, the FN aren't going to be too happy about it. You have a rep as a negotiator, a middle man, but not a turncoat. Working both sides doesn't necessarily mean milking one side before flipping to another. Their could potentially be violent consequences and your reputation would be tarnished, but that doesn't mean you can't get away with it. Negative qualities like Bad Rep can be worked off with karma and roleplay. But, from a dice roll perspective, do you really want the negotiator to get stuck with a social dicepool drainer like that? I won't take external control and say, "NO, THE CRIMSON CRUSH DO NOT ACCEPT YOUR REQUEST AND ALSO THEY THOR SHOT YOU." That's no fun. But, if your posts cause the fun factor to get fragged for your friends, I may drop some minor rock slides to get you back on track. Keep it fun, keep it cool.

The holiday season is coming up soon, so I won't likely be able to post again until the weekend. I will be opening up new plot lines in the upcoming IC that will (hopefully) give you something to think about and write cool stuff about while we pause for a few days. I will have to godmod and railroad a little to get to this next plot point, but it should open up after that. I apologize once more for the infrequency. Happy 'running!

Kouryuu.LV wrote:
Until bounds are forged we are just strangers in a room with a wolf shifter and a mysterious plant.
LOL of the Day earns you half a karma point. Wink
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 3:25 pm

PresentPresence wrote:

As for Silver's mercenary streak, I did plan on making this a bit of an allegiance-free job. Know this, however: The people that you responded to interviews with are watching you now. If you leave the FN base and scurry over to the Chrome Club with a sack full of traitorous info, the FN aren't going to be too happy about it. You have a rep as a negotiator, a middle man, but not a turncoat. Working both sides doesn't necessarily mean milking one side before flipping to another. Their could potentially be violent consequences and your reputation would be tarnished, but that doesn't mean you can't get away with it. Negative qualities like Bad Rep can be worked off with karma and roleplay. But, from a dice roll perspective, do you really want the negotiator to get stuck with a social dicepool drainer like that? I won't take external control and say, "NO, THE CRIMSON CRUSH DO NOT ACCEPT YOUR REQUEST AND ALSO THEY THOR SHOT YOU." That's no fun. But, if your posts cause the fun factor to get fragged for your friends, I may drop some minor rock slides to get you back on track. Keep it fun, keep it cool.

The holiday season is coming up soon, so I won't likely be able to post again until the weekend. I will be opening up new plot lines in the upcoming IC that will (hopefully) give you something to think about and write cool stuff about while we pause for a few days. I will have to godmod and railroad a little to get to this next plot point, but it should open up after that. I apologize once more for the infrequency. Happy 'running!

Kouryuu.LV wrote:
Until bounds are forged we are just strangers in a room with a wolf shifter and a mysterious plant.
LOL of the Day earns you half a karma point. Wink

I do not intend to Silver to do anything stupid, but he might end up playing both sides, you never know. but he as a speaker states that they should not trust him yet, and that he does not trust them either. that was what i intended to say. Either he will or will not do something with the CC Depends on the private discussions with Dawn Wolf we were promised in the IC

0.5 Karma, rounded up or down? Suspect , just joking king

Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 3:39 pm

I think the chat idea is good for more than one reason. I think both parties should use that.

1, +Dash and Roll! We can do quite a brainstorm in a fairly limited time, decide the course of action and PP instantly knows about it. We can do things in 10 minutes that would require weeks of posting and re-posting. And it's a team effort, so we can avoid asking the same questions and making the same rolls like last time.

2, +Surprise! This way, it really gets interesting. You have no idea about what the other side is doing, so if they come up with something brilliant, it can really (and literally) blow your mind away. Unless, of course, you knew about it, and deceived them to think you didn't and you turn it around, unless... You get the idea. It's Sun Tzu - Art of War all over again!

3, -Strain! The only one who sees this "invisible board" is PP, so he must control everything and has to pay attention to every move, every detail by himself. In an open play, when somebody makes a roll and forgets to add or subtract something, it can easily slip by one person, but it most likely can't avoid six or seven. And if we play against each other, and your character's life depends on that roll, then you watch that like a hawk!
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 3:41 pm

PresentPresence wrote:
Geez, finally some free time! I'll have IC posts up soon, but I think an OOC is in order first while I type the other stuff. We are now getting to the conspiracy and secrets stage. We have some options:

1. Shadow Chat/Skype/etc. We schedule a time via PM and plan stuff. I'll type it all up into one summary post for the benefit of the other readers once everything is in place.
2. E-mail/PM. It's a bit more disjointed, and harder to work as a team. But you can take the time to figure out what you want to do individually.
3. Trust. Keep posting in the respective IC pages like you would, not worrying about what other people are doing. I can monitor actions that seem out of character, or things like "Oh, they're planning on hacking us? Well, my magical-focused character will suggest updating the firewalls and downloading IC programs that they have likely never heard about!"

Trust is good, but we might get some info in our leg-working that they do not have, like underground systems we can make use off. we can set up a plan where when and how many of us will attack, these things are not that would have a big OOC moment, but still they will see how we are thinking, and i for one am big of out of box thinking and tactics, so trust aside they will know the crazy plan we will have and can make countermeasures. or just set up a barrack over the exit of the shaft we are coming out.

I am for making a Skype group, as it can work over time as well, it keeps history and if some one gets online after missing some discussion the group history is updated, so gets an instant update, what would be impossible in Shadow-chat, and this means we do not have to be on-line all the time. I could even leave my PC on-line fore some days to work as a server for the FN planing.

Last edited by Kouryuu.LV on Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 3:44 pm

Kouryuu.LV??? I think you mis-clicked something.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 3:46 pm

Aalith wrote:
I think the chat idea is good for more than one reason. I think both parties should use that.

1, +Dash and Roll! We can do quite a brainstorm in a fairly limited time, decide the course of action and PP instantly knows about it. We can do things in 10 minutes that would require weeks of posting and re-posting. And it's a team effort, so we can avoid asking the same questions and making the same rolls like last time.

2, +Surprise! This way, it really gets interesting. You have no idea about what the other side is doing, so if they come up with something brilliant, it can really (and literally) blow your mind away. Unless, of course, you knew about it, and deceived them to think you didn't and you turn it around, unless... You get the idea. It's Sun Tzu - Art of War all over again!

3, -Strain! The only one who sees this "invisible board" is PP, so he must control everything and has to pay attention to every move, every detail by himself. In an open play, when somebody makes a roll and forgets to add or subtract something, it can easily slip by one person, but it most likely can't avoid six or seven. And if we play against each other, and your character's life depends on that roll, then you watch that like a hawk!

The chat idea is good, just i doubt we can do it all at the same time, and i doubt my phone will run it. so i might miss out on it. we are from different time zones, it's almost 2:00 in the morning for me and i am about to get some shuteye, but some of you are just finishing breakfast, so finding 30 min when we all can be online can get hard, especially if school work and sleep is involved.
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 12:46 am

It's okay if most of us can be there. As you said, skype history is updated, so in about half a day everyone can add something to it. It's still much faster then what we are doing now.

P.S. For starters, everyone should write down their time zone, so we can see the differences. Mine is UTC +1. Oh and I work in the afternoons and weekends, but currently the weekdays are so slow I can manage a skype chat in work too, with maybe some "lagging" when I actually have to do something.

Kouryuu.LV if I'm not mistaken, you're one hour further from me.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 4:00 pm

Aalith wrote:
It's okay if most of us can be there. As you said, skype history is updated, so in about half a day everyone can add something to it. It's still much faster then what we are doing now.

P.S. For starters, everyone should write down their time zone, so we can see the differences. Mine is UTC +1. Oh and I work in the afternoons and weekends, but currently the weekdays are so slow I can manage a skype chat in work too, with maybe some "lagging" when I actually have to do something.

Kouryuu.LV if I'm not mistaken, you're one hour further from me.
yep, GMT +2 hours is mine, as we have both Summer and Winter time shifts.

Kouryuu GMT +2
Aalith GMT +1
Proffesor GMT -5
lvmises and starcraft GMT -8

Last edited by Kouryuu.LV on Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:55 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Professor
Meat
Meat
Professor

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2011-09-24

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 7:50 am

Mine GMT-5
Back to top Go down
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
Starcraft

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Alexia Mooie Vos
Race: Fox Shapeshifter
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 9:31 am

mine is UTC - 8... wait UTC? WTF is that (i just put down what my PC said it was) I Know what GMT is but UTC???
Back to top Go down
lvmises

lvmises

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 9:40 am

PST = GMT -8
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 11:32 am

From wiki: It is one of several closely related successors to Greenwich Mean Time. So UTC=GMT
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 11:34 am

Kouryuu.LV wrote:

yep, GMT +2 hours is mine, as we have both Summer and Winter time shifts.

Kouryuu GMT +2
Aalith GMT +1
Proffesor GMT -5
lvmises and starcraft GMT -8

We just need a few other and of course PP and we can start haggling over who wants to have a conversation at 4 am in the morning Smile
Back to top Go down
Professor
Meat
Meat
Professor

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 6:58 pm

So, whats going on with this game?
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 7:05 pm

Professor wrote:
So, whats going on with this game?

PP hasn't been online for a month almost, and with no GM the game is on hold
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 5:15 am

wow... I completely missed most of this conversation. For some reason I haven't been getting alot of 'topic reply notifications' even though it says that I am watching the topic...
Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2011-03-07

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 7:01 am

St_Nougat wrote:
wow... I completely missed most of this conversation. For some reason I haven't been getting alot of 'topic reply notifications' even though it says that I am watching the topic...

Your email wont tell you "each" time someone post something..it makes a new one each time you check it on the forum

Needs to have been "viewed"
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 10:16 am

I wish,
you were here,
Me oh my country man
wish you were here!
Smile
Back to top Go down
PresentPresence
Team Leader
Team Leader
PresentPresence

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2010-07-31

Character sheet
Character Name: яөъөсөр
Race: Human After All
Sex: French

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 10:36 am

Wow, holiday bustle hit me like two sacks of bricks. Skype is the best course of action for now. Let's try to organize good times. I'm available on Fridays and Saturdays, and likely Mondays and Wednesdays depending on the time. Also maybe Sunday afternoons. I'm GMT -6.
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 10:54 am

Hi PP!

Showing up after a few months and continuing seamlessly where we left it? That's the spirit! Smile
But seriously, what happened to you, man? Stumbled onto a cryo-pod and froze for a few months or what? If it's personal, then forget I asked, but next time please tell us if you are going AWOL for a long while, because everyone wondered where are you or 'you coming back at all!

Mostly our timezones are there, we should wait if everyone is OK in both teams and still interested in playing, then it's up to you to arrange a meeting via skype in a time that's good for that particular team.
Back to top Go down
Professor
Meat
Meat
Professor

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 11:31 am

I'm on vacation from today until Next sunday. I won't be around.

Professor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

On the Verge - OOC
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5