Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeOn the Verge - OOC - Page 4 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

On the Verge - OOC

Go down 
+5
Aalith
No_Name
Kouryuu.LV
Faust
PresentPresence
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
Starcraft

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Alexia Mooie Vos
Race: Fox Shapeshifter
Sex: Female

On the Verge - OOC - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 11:59 pm

PP i do like how you put that down for gunslinger, its definitely how i would have pictured that incident Very entertaining to read.

Oh and as for my latest post i just thought that a little extra paranoia on his part would be warranted based on his personality(seeing as he has no memories prior to two years previous, and all his current worldly knowledge has been procured from around the barons) and i thought it would ad some fun Very Happy though i thought i had gotten intimidation as a skill but ah well whats done is done
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Tokko Tsuonomi
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 12:19 am

PresentPresence wrote:
Yes, I am familiar with the rules for dual-natured entities. I had forgotten that shapeshifters were dual-natured, though. As for ignoring certain perception modifiers, I will have to play it as it comes. If you want your Astral Sense to affect your Physical Sense modifiers, it could cause some funky shenanigans. For example, how would vice versa be enforced? Would it be difficult to pick somebody out of a crowd because of all the overlapping auras? I won't punish you for a trait that already has its weaknesses (Astral forms targeting), but it won't always be a get-out-of-jail-free card. Besides, you already have plenty of positive visibility modifiers as a bird, so you shouldn't have to worry about it.
I would also appreciate it if next time you would note which roll is for which character through Invisible Castle.

Yeah, I didn't know how simultaneous astral and normal vision worked, I just assumed, for him, that is normal. Yes, in a crowd it's difficult to see astrally and I really don't know how dual natured characters manage. Maybe it's like low-light vision - in certain conditions, it's "turned off" (like in daylight). So when in a crowd, maybe he's using more his normal vision and less his astral perception. I really don't know, I figured it's up to you, but if he's trying to read someones aura in a crowd, that will be difficult for sure.

Oh, and I'm going to note the rolls, I just please tell me how? I couldn't figure out how to tag different rolls if you're rolling them at once. Or should I just roll them one by one? (P.S. the roll above is in order of speakers in our side: Nailz, me (of course I won't check out myself), I assumed Asha speaks next and then D-Wolf as the "outsider".
Back to top Go down
Faust
Team Leader
Team Leader

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2011-10-01

Character sheet
Character Name: Faust
Race: Human Drake

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 12:26 am

Remember, Dual-Natured doesn't mean that your eyes work. Look at ghouls. They are dual natured, and they "sees" astrally just fine. Essentially, it's just another sense, one that dual-natured creatures can't turn off. They can see, or sense living being just fine, but they can't always spot what's blocking the path, like a wall, or such.
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 10:36 am

Thanks, so it's another sense, not seeing, so I can see just fine in a crowd but there my astral sense is confused. And I can't turn it off, but I'm not forced to actively use it when I don't want to (kinda like with hearing, you can ignore sounds until a certain level by not listening to them)
Back to top Go down
Faust
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 11:00 am

A good way to look at it is like a magician's astral sight, only they can physically interact with the spirits that aren't manifested. They are also stopped by mana barriers and wards.
Back to top Go down
PresentPresence
Team Leader
Team Leader
PresentPresence

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2010-07-31

Character sheet
Character Name: яөъөсөр
Race: Human After All
Sex: French

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 2:04 pm

The thing about being dual-natured is that you are both a physical and astral entity. When a magician uses their astral perception, they become a dual-natured being. However, they can switch it on and off. They can also project, which separates one nature from the other. However, shapeshifters have always been dual-natured, and just dual-natured. That's why they don't suffer the -2 penalty to physical actions while they are astrally perceiving; they have grown to accept it just like another sense, like hearing. It's complicated, but I will try to run it smoothly.
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 11:29 pm

I feel for you, and promise, I'll try to make it easier. Running a game on two fronts, plus giving astral, perception, and I think eventually matrix details on the level you are providing IS a straining task. But, in exchange, the game is great, so you have moral satisfaction Smile
Back to top Go down
Faust
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 11:40 pm

Not to mention finding just the right person to make everyone on the Crush side go paranoid. It wasn't Chrome Dome, and all his security that got everyone. It was Brandy/Mandy.
Back to top Go down
PresentPresence
Team Leader
Team Leader
PresentPresence

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 6:53 am

It's funny, because that's not even the purpose I intended for Mandy/Brandy.

I like to do stuff for the people who take time to do rolls. Perception and astral checks included. I don't like the idea of the GM rolling perception for everybody and seeing what each individual sees. The player should say "I want to take a closer look at X", and even though I may not have even planned anything for X, it gives me the opportunity to do something with it. For example, in Dawn Wolf's den, I had not planned for any suspicious dark corners until Silver asked about things that were out of place.
Back to top Go down
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
Starcraft

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Alexia Mooie Vos
Race: Fox Shapeshifter
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 9:17 am

PP i thank you for taking charge of that situation. i had no idea how to continue from there and OOC i didn't want to start shooting
Back to top Go down
Faust
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 3:13 pm

And after running through the scene, I just had a scary thought..... The guy with the hero complex is going to end up in charge, isn't he?
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 11:43 am

Just keeping it alive. Seems we've hit a little wall here. I'm hoping PP is just building tension before unleashing project "Pure Awesomeness".
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2011-03-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Kouryuu.LV

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 11:49 am

Aalith wrote:
Just keeping it alive. Seems we've hit a little wall here. I'm hoping PP is just building tension before unleashing project "Pure Awesomeness".

Second that.
but we will see.
Back to top Go down
PresentPresence
Team Leader
Team Leader
PresentPresence

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 1:22 pm

FN response up, CC next. I'd like to clarify that "leaving the compound unscathed" means "not damaging the building", not "escaping uninjured". You may assume that the FN plans to utilize the building.
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 1:02 am

I knew it! PP's back with a flash! HoorayX3! Smile

So we don't get free specializations? Sad

And WTFrag??? Taking a cyber-gang's biggest STRONGHOLD, reinforced with wards and spirits and magically active shadowrunners? And we're already at a 2 karma (or 2 skill point) disadvantage. Talking about a suicide mission, eh? Smile I hope D-Wolf has some aces stuck between his fangs! Smile
Back to top Go down
PresentPresence
Team Leader
Team Leader
PresentPresence

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 7:00 am

Haha! Well, they are down a man, so they needed a bit of a leg up. Both sides will be providing some muscle, so don't worry about that. The magical security isn't much to worry about yet - but if the CC mercs are smart, they will back that up soon. Whether or not the FN mercs are good at magic, the FN grunts ARE, so they'll need that barrier. Keep your wits about you and you should only come out half-fragged. Remember, retreat is an option. If you die you die, unless you burn Edge. That goes for both sides.
Back to top Go down
PresentPresence
Team Leader
Team Leader
PresentPresence

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 8:42 am

If you plan to negotiate or ask questions, please wait until I have written a response to previous questions. St_Nougat, you may keep your roll and your questions. No worries! Just something to make it less confusing for everybody. Also, I'd like to clarify "The Verge" OOC. It's basically a portion of the Redmond Barrens, a neighborhood within a neighborhood. It is more like Puyallup than, say, the Glow City portion of the Barrens. It's denser than Puyallup, but you still get the basic dreary atmosphere. I posted this description from the Seattle 2072 sourcebook in the Want Ad:

"The last major eruption of Mount Rainier sent tons of ash pouring down on the south and eastern parts of the Seattle metroplex. One heavily affected area was the border between southeast Redmond and Salivsh-Shidhe territory, now known as the Verge. Both sides of the border largely washed their hands of having to clean up or deal with the ashfall, since they had other priorities. Federated-Boeing negotiated the purchase of the land with the metroplex government, largely as a public relations move. There were press releases, video statements, and a little ceremony about how FB could develop the area, then nothing. Maybe the whole stunt didn’t generate as much good press as FB hoped, or they just lost interest. Whatever the case, the squatters soon moved back into the area, taking over the empty buildings and storefronts, digging things out as best they could, and life (such as it is) resumed."

You can assume that this is common knowledge for your PCs.
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 9:07 am

Ok, gonna make a minor edit to my previous IC post then
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 9:19 am

! Nougat, I see we think alike. The only thing you didn't include is a question about the Ride of the Valkyries!Smile

PP OK, then we are awaiting you response. I made some good rolls, so please provide some additional intel about the stronghold and the CC, the astral info about Nailz and D-Wolf is not that important, we just assume I know(unless it's something surprising).
But my ending question is important, please don't forget that!
The post was very good, by the way, it was worth it even with the waiting! Smile
Back to top Go down
lvmises

lvmises

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 10:41 pm

Great postings PP. Thanks for the effort.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 2:42 am

Aalith wrote:
! Nougat, I see we think alike. The only thing you didn't include is a question about the Ride of the Valkyries!Smile

PP OK, then we are awaiting you response. I made some good rolls, so please provide some additional intel about the stronghold and the CC, the astral info about Nailz and D-Wolf is not that important, we just assume I know(unless it's something surprising).
But my ending question is important, please don't forget that!
The post was very good, by the way, it was worth it even with the waiting! Smile
The interesting thing is FN almost all try to negotiate CC no one.
FN i think can do team effort or combined roll as i will post Silvers roll today as well. king
not the best but, will have to do.
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 9:39 am

We are the clever team, remember? We manipulate, they shoot big guns (or bows)! If we win, we win big. If it comes to a straight shootout...Smile

But the question is still in the air. Should we negotiate as a team? I think we should, that's one of the face's more important role, to speak for the team. Can we? That's up to PP. But I think we hammered Dawn Wolf pretty hard, so maybe he spills some "gesture of good will" if he really wants us.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 10:01 am

Aalith wrote:
We are the clever team, remember? We manipulate, they shoot big guns (or bows)! If we win, we win big. If it comes to a straight shootout...Smile

But the question is still in the air. Should we negotiate as a team? I think we should, that's one of the face's more important role, to speak for the team. Can we? That's up to PP. But I think we hammered Dawn Wolf pretty hard, so maybe he spills some "gesture of good will" if he really wants us.

Silver is simple guy, he goes where the Nuyen are, he could as well just call up CC and suggest them to hire him for 7500 or 10k for his knowlage and skill.
But he has Honour, so he does not want to do so, if there are some additional circumstances, remember PP said himself, allegiances will change during this play. Twisted Evil

What do you people say about pooling our resources? and how do we make a plan for an attack if the Defenders are just an topic away and might be reading everything we come up with, then i have a plan that might work for the 4 of us even, but we really have to nail it down right and there should be the surprise effect we would need.
Maybe Skype group or something like that? where we can post up ideas just for us and readers are just invites not open to the public.

P.s. take my word back, Good work Faust, you did good on that Neg. Roll. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:31 pm

Hey! He said allegiances could change during this play! And I know you know they know how to read our topics, so don't suggest them they could bribe you with 10 k! Remember the old saying: nobody trusts a traitor! As a shadowrunner and even more as a face, you depend on trust, so if you switch sides in a war, you could end up with some serious notoriety and the untrustworthy negative quality. And you know I know PP knows how to read this topic, so watch your back, because we are onto you! cyclops Shocked Suspect

(I may getting paranoid. So that was a joke, but seriously, money is not everything, and I really hope we will be forged into a team through fire and thunder (metaphorically). I'm a sucker of good teamwork and trust, but I understand what roleplaying sometimes demands, so it may very well turn out to be, that Carrion is a traitor too. We'll see)
Back to top Go down
Faust
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:53 pm

Or it could turn out that the best way to do our jobs is to work together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On the Verge - OOC   On the Verge - OOC - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

On the Verge - OOC
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next