Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeTwinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 13 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)

Go down 
+8
Darkon
PresentPresence
Kouryuu.LV
Starcraft
Gala
Faust
Jagger
Kesslan
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 13 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 2:00 pm

What like millions of credits if you guys do the right thing?
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 13 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 2:57 pm

Ok, PM's sent out.

Meanwhile, I hope you've all been having a happy holidays!
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 13 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 5:46 am

Chasky, Darkon's airspirit, Alexia and Sha'hgrim are up
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 8:42 am

Sorry for the delay all - I'm posting!
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 13 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 1:01 pm

Star, let me know if you want to act (Or just post your actions in the IC thread) or let me know if you want to continue holding.

After that I'll do a post for the remaining NPC actions and then it's Jagger, Darkon and Faust (As well as Faust's spirits) up for the last actions of the first pass.
Back to top Go down
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
Starcraft

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Alexia Mooie Vos
Race: Fox Shapeshifter

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 13 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 3:18 pm

im going to hold untill the "Contacts" make there move
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 13 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 4:25 pm

Ok. I'll finish up the post then when I get home from work.
Back to top Go down
Tenaka
Meat
Meat
Tenaka

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2011-08-27

Character sheet
Character Name: TK
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 13 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:11 pm

Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 13 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 4:10 pm

Ok, post is up.

Darkon, Faust, Star,Jagger and all the remaining spirits are up.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 13 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 5:44 am

Should have a post up sometime this afternoon
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 13 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 6:40 am

I'd have a question. These two invisible attackers, are they in the office where Darkon is? Or are they on the ground level with the cars and all the debris? The same goes for the smoke grenades.

Darkon is astrally perceiving, so he should see them clearly, right?
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 13 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 7:03 am

They're on the ground level; which would put them nearly directly beneath Darkon at the moment. They are just at the base of the stairs, and at the door opening in to the back office, which is where Edgar's door is, and Alexia and Sha'hGrim are making a stand to protect it. If you're actually Astrally percieving, you will see them perfectly, once there are no walls/floors between them and you.
The smoke grenades have just been tossed in to the back office, again on the ground floor, where Sha'hGrim and Alexia are.

Be careful about astrally percieving while attempting physical actions. If you're percieving both physical and astral at the same time, all of your physical actions are at a -2 penalty (Kesslan could concievably request you to make rolls just to walk... hehe). If you're percieving only in the Astral, you take physical actions at a -4 penalty. The ONLY exception to this rule is PCs which are inherently dual-natured, like shifters, and have had Astral and Physical perception as a constant for their entire lives (hence: it's normal for them).
Also, activating or deactivating your Astral costs a Simple Action.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 13 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 8:20 am

Actually only dual natured beings are able to perceive both at the same time that way (if even then). You may be getting confused between projection and perception (Or at least the way your talking about it). A normal mage or adept using astral perception can only see the astral plane. The -2 penalty is because your still in the physical plane and thus have to account for your movements accordingly (While you become dual natured in this instance, it's only in regards to the fact that you can now be harmed/affected on both planes. Not that you can see both).

Technically smoke still interferes with sight in the astral plane but as it is (usually) non living the difference is effectively negligible (think perception through a very fine mist. There's no real difference). Unless your dealing with astrally active 'smoke' or clouds such as FAB strains. I also seem to recall there now being in 2070's what amounts to an astral smoke grenade (It's in WAR I believe). If I recall it's a grenade that shoots out a mist full of bacteria or some such thing in high concentration.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 13 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 8:46 am

Yup, you're right. I was. Thanks for the correction.

As for the smoke: I didn't comment on that because Darkon would be "behind" the smoke, and therefore it wouldn't matter either way (as is the case with Spawn as well). Also because I don't yet know if the smoke is astrally active (since Sha'hGrim's turn hasn't come around yet).
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 13 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 8:50 am

It's not.

The whole reason you guys have been trouncing the living hell out of this group is because there's no awakened among them to counter such abilities. You also won't often run into actual secmages/adepts due to the rarity of the awakened in general.

Or at least, wont depending on what your planning on doing. Once this little intro chapter is over, what you guys choose to do is at least intended to be left entirely in your own hands.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 13 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 10:54 am

Alright, thanks for the info. And here I always thought the -2 is only when you are perceiving both at the same moment. But as it isn't possible for non shifters, I guess it's only logical. Wink

Still, better than run into the invisible people. Wink
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 13 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 12:51 pm

Nah, that's also why the penalty only applies to non magical actions. If you cast a spell while using astral sight your not at all effected because your target is as clear as day (generally speaking anyway). On the other hand, picking up those salt and pepper shakers on the table may be a bit of a challenge as they would blend into the background.

Think of it as looking at the world through thermographic vision. The effect is very much the same, except replace sources of heat, with the life force of living things.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 13 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 1:43 pm

Yeah, and dimensions aren't the same either. You could reach for the salt and pepper shakers, and overshoot, accidentally knocking the table over in the process.

I doubt Kesslan will force you to roll for walking. While it is perfectly appropriate for him to ask for that, I was making the example extreme on purpose. I wouldn't ask the player to roll for walking unless there were significant mitigating factors anyway (and a situation where I would ask a player to roll even if they were viewing the physical). Like heavy debris, slippery conditions, or perhaps other negative modifiers that further decreased capacity.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 13 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 8:18 pm

Nah, I'm not that much of a bastard.

That isn't to say I wont put laser activated claymores in your path while your using astral though.... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 13 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 8:48 am

...good thing there's no such thing as a chameleon-cloaked, proximity-triggered, astrally-damaging claymore...
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 13 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 12:01 pm

Don't give GMs silly ideas.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 13 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 12:30 pm

Razz
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 13 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 1:05 pm

Yes, Yes, no. At least not that I'm aware of for the latter.

Course if it released FABIII instead of exploding.....
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 13 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 7:18 am

Yeah, or if there was an anchored spell inside of it - like a fireball, or a power ball...
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 13 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 10:11 am

I don't know if you could really pull that off with a mine. You could probably with some sort of rune or other non technological trap though.

Magic and tech don't mix so well, which is why it's generally rather difficult to craft weapon foci that are things like guns etc. (It can be done, but odds are only a handful of people in the world could make a quality piece)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next