Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeTwinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 16 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)

Go down 
+8
Darkon
PresentPresence
Kouryuu.LV
Starcraft
Gala
Faust
Jagger
Kesslan
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 16 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 6:34 pm

OK, Jagger, Darkon, Faust's spirits are up.

Once their posted in we move on to Pass 3 and then it's Tenaka, Star and Gala up again.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 16 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 9:13 am

Ok, post is up.

Kesslan, in order to avoid metagaming, I 'assume' that verbalized statements, such as speech during combat, is transmitted via team link. So Spawn would know, despite the opponents' chameleon cloaking, that everyone upstairs was under attack.
If you disagree, I will edit.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 16 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 9:37 am

The people upstairs are not under attack at this time. The people on the ground floor (Alexia, Chasky, Sha'hgrim) are. Technically this would include Edgar as well as he's stationed by the hole in the wall and the parties involved are presently mostly in the the room that has said hole in the wall. Andre, Dark and Dark's spirit are all presently on the second floor that has the majority of bullet holes and large holes caused by the mini-grenades. Also as far as speech, locations etc go every comlink has a basic level GPS in it as a standard feature so it's reasonable to assume you can at least guess at the general location of fellow team mates (Though you might not know their exact location without the proper use of tactical and mapping software.)

In this case it's pretty easy to assume locations as there's not really much of a layout. You have one huge gigantic mostly empty warehouse and a small two story office area that is mostly composed of empty rooms with some dilapidated furniture here and there, and said rooms now have a lot of holes in them (At least on the second floor).

What tac softs do really is give suggestions based on what's the tacsoft can tell is going on (Which it gathers using sensor channels that can be provided by the users, drones etc. The more that's tied in the better the tac soft works, up to it's rating). This then provides potential bonus dice for certain actions. Additional software packages can allow for highly accurate, indirect fire and things like that, especially if combined with things like airburst links and other related weapons and accessories.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 16 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 11:43 am

well I'll be...

I'm not sure how Lexi and Sha'hgrim got downstairs, but what the GM says goes.
Very Happy

Ok, post has been edited.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 16 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 12:45 pm

They went downstairs last round near their final pass
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 16 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 2:54 pm

@Jagger: I suppose it can be a bad thing, sometimes, when my posts get long and verbose. I generally enjoy writing them a lot; but admittedly the downside is that they are long reading. Alexia helped Sha'hGrim to her feet, and held her up while they hobbled down the stairs together. Sha'hGrim was barely conscious (by RP; a (-3) penalty to actions is harsh but manageable from a numbers perspective), the result of the drain from her two Ball Lightnings (drain is seriously rough from those - and one was physical drain).
- Once they got downstairs, Sha'hGrim was warned by Chasky that two goons were chasing them out. This warning "triggered" her memory that Spawn and Darkon were also still inside (remember, I am RPing that she's barely conscious). She turned, with Alexia, to defend the exit for the two of you.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 16 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 4:27 pm

Thanks for the info Gala, but I did not mean to dispute. I just missed it.
Razz
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 16 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 4:42 pm

I'm using an rpg map building program that I found to make future maps with. Should be easier for most of you to follow what's what in the future.

For you Jagger, if your ever uncertain of the layouts let me know so I can go over the details with you. It's hard to try and properly account for you sometimes as I know you can't see the map pictures and specifics like locations in an area are sometimes hard to properly describe especially when it comes to conveying scale.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 16 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 4:50 pm

I appreciate that, Kesslan, thanks. Most of the time, however, I can pick up on certain clues from other players' and your posts. When location and relevant room layout are critical, I usually will ask. This particular time I just simply missed the part where they had moved back downstairs. Not a biggie, though my mental image of Spawn starting to run across the warehouse and then using Great Leap to cover the remaining distance, while cinematic enough, seems a tad overboard now, ha!
Razz
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 16 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 5:31 pm

Gala wrote:
@Jagger: I suppose it can be a bad thing, sometimes, when my posts get long and verbose. I generally enjoy writing them a lot; but admittedly the downside is that they are long reading. Alexia helped Sha'hGrim to her feet, and held her up while they hobbled down the stairs together. Sha'hGrim was barely conscious (by RP; a (-3) penalty to actions is harsh but manageable from a numbers perspective), the result of the drain from her two Ball Lightnings (drain is seriously rough from those - and one was physical drain).
- Once they got downstairs, Sha'hGrim was warned by Chasky that two goons were chasing them out. This warning "triggered" her memory that Spawn and Darkon were also still inside (remember, I am RPing that she's barely conscious). She turned, with Alexia, to defend the exit for the two of you.

*Grins* Darkon would come downstairs sooner if he could move quicker.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 16 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 8:02 pm

In other news, Faust has not logged on this site in over a month and I never heard anything from him and he's not responded to attempts to contact him via PM. As a result I will likely be removing his character from the game and looking to open the slot up to an active player.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 16 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 8:51 pm

Ok Tenaka's up and we are onto the 3rd pass of the 2nd round of combat.

I suspect we may not see a 3rd round at this rate.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 16 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 7:10 am

In an old D&D game I played in, the DM threw an adult red dragon at the elf wizard and my half-orc barbarian. We were both level 10 and thought we were some pretty badass characters. Between only the two of us, we handled that dragon with relative ease and left our DM completely flabbergasted. The elf wizard simply kept casting a growth spell on my barbarian which increased his strength as well as his size. With interspersed healing spells as well, we stomped that dragon in a very short time.

Point is, sometimes characters can find a strategy, depending on circumstances of course, that allows them to overcome opponents that should by all accounts mop the floor with them.

Another similar incident happened when my brother, the DM in this case, got irritated at player bickering during a game and 'punished' us with a minotaur. We were much lower-level characters in this instance, but we lucked into catching the creature in a 3-way crossfire. My brother was not only unhappy about the fact that we killed his minotaur, he just kept repeating, "no, you can't...no, you can't kill a minotaur..." Unlike Shadowrun, minotaurs are not very intelligent in D&D, and the poor thing never even landed a single blow as he basically wandered in first one direction then the next as it reacted to each of our hits by changing direction. It was pure luck as I said, but still satisfying to overcome an enemy that far out-ranked our abilities.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 16 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 9:27 am

I seem to recall Minotaur being fairly intelligent. Hell I even had a Minotaur mage at one point, though that was more so a result of some really nice dice rolls in CG.

That said this group wasn't intended to be super challenging, thus why a bunch of mundane security got thrown at a group that's almost entirely magical. Keep in mind a group like yours would be quite rare in the 6th world. Awakened individuals are still relatively rare and highly sought after. Technomancers are starting to get up there as well (Though most of those are disappearing into corporate labs never to be seen again). As a result it's easy to round up a ton of guys with guns. Harder to round up spirits and such but then that's also why corporate security turned to paracritters and biodrones.

Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 16 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 9:36 am

Chasky, Alexia and Sha'hgrim are up next.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 16 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 3:16 pm

Chasky will continue to attack. I will post his "thoughts" and the description of his actions on Sha'hGrim's turn (you may include the GM version in your GM post, so that Alexia can go ahead and post up as soon as she's ready). Below is his attack for the turn:

A little better... 6 Hits
Back to top Go down
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
Starcraft

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Alexia Mooie Vos
Race: Fox Shapeshifter

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 16 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 7:57 am

Im going to have to Hold on my actions waiting for a clear shot, i dont want to take up a IC post for a one liner so ill throw it here
Pistols 4 + Agility 6 + Smart-link 2 + Take Aim 1 (13d6.hits(5)=4)
Damage of Ares Predator IV = 9P
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 16 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 1:14 pm

I think that means that Sha'hGrim is up. Kesslan, if you confirm, I'll try to put together a post tonight; otherwise tomorrow morning.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 16 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 8:35 pm

Star you have a clear shot at this point. Hell you cant get much clearer than a guy who you knocked over and is sprawled out on the floor. Given that you can see his aura the smoke and chamelon coating are not giving you any penalties.

Since it seems it wasn't clear enough this is what happened:

You posted your actions, but then stated in the OOC you weren't going to use said action due to having no LOS, but never said what you were going to do with the action, and never changed your post. As a result I treated it as a held action so the bad guy moved first thus giving you a clear line of sight, so you shot him. The shot knocked him off his feet and he is presently sprawled on the ground in the same room as you while Chasky is in the other room playing lets make my new friend my favourite chew toy.

you could pump two rounds into him right now and the only modifier you'd face is recoil
Back to top Go down
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
Starcraft

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Alexia Mooie Vos
Race: Fox Shapeshifter

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 16 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 9:22 pm

alright, then its not a held action, though i still really don't want to take up a post for something as simple as a one liner like this.

Also as a note im not trying to sound like i'm not reading the posts as i am. I ended up loosing my glasses a couple weeks ago so just reading in general has been difficult (would account for my missing or misunderstanding some things that have been posted
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 16 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 9:47 pm

Ouch, that sucks. Part of the reason I went for laser eye surgery myself (That and it was the only way to become eligible for military service). I know just how expensive a new pair can be (Mine used to cost about $600-700 a pair. Reason enough alone for the surgery that cost me $5,000. It'll pay itself off in a few more years).

In that case Gala, the post is up to you, tough you can still do a fair bit in a post even if it's just shooting some one. You can describe thoughts, feelings, movements, the recoil of the weapon etc. There's plenty of ways to narate it if you so wish.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 16 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 1:58 pm

So I may have found another player to replace Faust. Their working up a hacker/rigger right now which should cover some holes in the group's coverage of abilities. (I Know Jagger's character can sort of hack but he's not a properly dedicated hacker, and the group presently has no vehicle/drone expert)
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 16 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 2:03 pm

A hacker would be welcome. Spawn was never intended to be a hacker per se. His experience with hacking is specialized towards devices and locking mechanisms rather than the Matrix as a whole.
Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 16 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 2:27 pm

Jagger, your up.

Gala you may use your held action if you desire.

Once Jagger has posted it'll cycle back to Star and Gala as they'll be the only ones with notable actions left (the others are still working in the background)
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 16 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 5:33 am

Ok; the way she'll use her action depends on whether she sees the Grenade or not. Perception test: 1 hit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next