Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeTwinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 25 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)

Go down 
+8
Darkon
PresentPresence
Kouryuu.LV
Starcraft
Gala
Faust
Jagger
Kesslan
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 25 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 10:34 am

Actually anyone who knows anything about The Exchange would soon learn (if they didn't know it's reputation) that it always rewards completion of its tasks in one form or another. The bigger the task the bigger the reward.

Failure/refual is accepted as long as its not related to accepting help/support but then not giving back of equal/greater value. Sometimes all you have to do is try. Other times The Exchange will for example ask a runner to NOT do something simply because it wants the job to fail or fall to another group etc.

There's a number of good examples under 3rd ed actually of how it works in various short stories. There is a good one in 4th ed too about how it gets back at someone who had been abusing the system for his own ends.

The nice thing is that The Exchanges tasks run the gamut from seemingly mundane things (dropping off a package, taking a picture, sitting in a specific spot at a certain time of day) to far more obvious actions such as full blown shadowruns. Hell sometimes the 'run' even helps out someone actually in need, like the poor old shop keeper being pushed around by a protection gang.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 25 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 10:50 am

And I am liking your portrayal of the faction, Mr GM. You even keep the members unsure of what they're tasks may or may not have to do with anything. Kudos, sir!
Very Happy

(and no, that is NOT blatant sucking up... this is: <slips Kesslan an envelope full of nuyen>)
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 25 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 12:19 pm

I'm sorry, as a GM money is meaningless. Only the sounds of suffering and agony of players will suffice!

Unless its real money. But I've only ever heard of that happening to one GM once. Guys player group was mostly well off folk in IT/engineering etc. Their longtime GM however had fallen on hard times and had said he couldnt run games anymore because he had to work long hours in some low pay job, or something like that. Anyway from what I'd heard they simply pooled their money and made Gming his job with hourly wage and everything because they liked his games so much.

Possibly even a true event.

Not that I'm that good or that lucky :p
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 25 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 12:39 pm

Sheesh! Try to make an honest underhanded bribe to your GM and he gives you another GM's life story...

<grumble grump mumble grumble snort>
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 25 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 12:49 pm

I tried to wrap up the drop off a little. If I'm godmodding, I apologize and will edit. But Kesslan said he wants this over quick. And I didn't want it to be just. "And now to something completely different." Wink
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 25 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 1:07 pm

"Something completely different"?

Does that mean the GM is going to bribe us?
cheers
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 25 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 1:36 pm

It's an hommage to a group of british comedians. Wink
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 25 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 2:32 pm

By the way, Sidney. That was a great post. Your self doubts, the worries about spirits. Excellent.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 25 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 2:42 pm

Yeah! It was fantastic!
And accurate; a Possession tradition is almost a pariah in the Magical community, and even more so on the streets. While magicians are starting to see the barest modicum of social acceptance, a Possession tradition is almost treated like a Blood tradition, only without the bounty. They aren't quite deliberately hunted, but they are absolutely feared and avoided. The only reason Sha'hGrim is so open with the group about her tradition is that she has a strong history with them (and they now have good history with the kinds of things that a Possession tradition can do for the team). But you can imagine there are plenty of gun-bunnies out there who wouldn't hesitate to put a bullet in a Possession Magician's head just because they fear being possessed.
With that in mind, the social connotations of a spirit Possessing the Truck that he was in could be very nearly the most terrifying possible thing he could be told. You all know the story of the School Bully who grabs the little-guy's hand and hits him with it, all the while saying "Stop hitting yourself!" Well, you can shoot that guy; but a Possession tradition can theoretically do that to you, and there's nothing you can do about it (assuming the spirit succeeds on it's possession attempt)... Whether it is that terrifying or not is, of course, up to the individual player/character; but he was well within the social convention on his response!

And, somehow, Sha'hGrim managed to skate by. Darkon's taking the fall for this one!!

Just kidding: Sha'hGrim will set the record straight as soon as she's lucid enough to realize the misunderstanding.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 25 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 3:31 pm

@Darkon
Monty Python's Flying Circus
Very Happy
I know it well. Spent many Saturday nights waiting for midnight to watch the show. I've also seen most of their movies.

"Just remember that you're standing - on a planet that's evolving - and revolving at nine hundred miles an hour..."
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 25 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 3:51 pm

Darkon wrote:
I tried to wrap up the drop off a little. If I'm godmodding, I apologize and will edit. But Kesslan said he wants this over quick. And I didn't want it to be just. "And now to something completely different." Wink

Well you can Rp it out a bit if you like that's totally fine. I just mostly want to get everyone more or less back to the point where things ultimately progressed to (At the Medical clinic) before memory gets too hazy and I start really buggering up timing on background events.

EDIT: I'm going to give it a bit for Sid to get a chance to post in before Posting up any follow up to everyone's arrival, just so he can respond to what everyone's asking.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 25 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 5:54 pm

Does he know about Email Notifications? We post fairly regularly; so it's hard to imagine that he doesn't know there's a short novel waiting for his attention... Daily. At least with the Notifications, he'll know there is activity, and it will remind him to log in and participate. I have to say, his posts are great so far. We're all waiting for his posts like a wilting flower waits for water...
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 25 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 9:37 pm

Yes Gala, he does.

But you have to also realize he spends most of his time running RL IT Security/Training programs and for the latter he often has to spent a lot of extra time putting the training together. Plus he still has a bajamillion questions every now and again. By the same token I still want to give Starcraft time to post in as well, and see if Tenaka is ever going to show up or not. I figure if he doesn't by the time things wrap up at the clinic I'll just have Edgar stay behind to watch out for Andrelaphus and work them out some how that way and then see about getting you guys another team member.
Back to top Go down
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
Starcraft

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Alexia Mooie Vos
Race: Fox Shapeshifter

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 25 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 9:06 am

yea, i'm posting in periodically, as you have stated before sense alexia removed the battery from her link there's not much she can do in the ways of interactions with the group until there in person. as IG only several minutes have passed, i don't think i'm going to have much to input until we converge on to the street doc
Back to top Go down
SidneyL
Meat
Meat

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2012-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 25 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 6:39 pm

Gala wrote:
Does he know about Email Notifications? We post fairly regularly; so it's hard to imagine that he doesn't know there's a short novel waiting for his attention... Daily. At least with the Notifications, he'll know there is activity, and it will remind him to log in and participate. I have to say, his posts are great so far. We're all waiting for his posts like a wilting flower waits for water...

Yes, I know about E-mail notifications. It's set up to my g-mail account that I use infrequently.

I could have it forwarded to my phone, but this morning when I saw this post I took a look through my phone. I have 50 e-mails from yesterday already (to be fair, the actual number of received e-mails is probably only around three dozen as the 50 number includes my replies)

As Kesslan said, I'm busy these days with work. As I'm only one of two technicians, and that means 'these days' also means 'most days'.

It's now 9:26PM. I left this morning at 7:30AM to go and pick up equipment for work for 8AM, only to actually arrive at 8AM just before 9.

Just over twelve hours later, (~13.5hour work day) I'm finished. I am now headed home where I'll have supper and get ready for tomorrow. I may or may not have time to post tonight- I could do it now, but I'd like to get some food. Assuming I leave now, I won't be home until after 10PM, and as I need to be at work by 8AM tomorrow morning, I'll have a couple hours tonight to eat, get ready for tomorrow and get to bed.

I'll try to post tonight, if not I'll see about finding some time tomorrow morning when things are (hopefully) quiet. While I expect to be working similiar hours tomorrow, some of the work requires waiting on some Virtual Machines to clone so I should get some time (hopefully) then.

I apologize for my sporadic posting behavior. Last week was quieter, however, I was hoping Alexia would post a response indicating at which point she turned her Commlink off as how long it was on meant what info Sid was privy to about the team, and what he could/would say.

I eventually attempted to play it safe, and assumed Alexia disconnected immediately, which meant he was only privy to the traffic he sniffed (Dante's), but even that was called into question if you check in this thread a few posts back.

I apologize for being frank, but I'm tired, haven't eaten, and still have a 30min+ drive home with another long day tomorrow.

I was told coming into this game that when things are 'normal' posts were required once or twice a week. More if things are moving. I realize you're all waiting on me, but I posted late Sunday night and less than 36 hours later everyone is waiting on me again.

I'll try to do better, but if multiple posts are required within 24 hours consistently, I'm not sure if this game is for me.

I will, however, be more explicit when I'm looking for info more. I don't think I was as clear aa I thought when I said I was hoping Starcraft would make it clear how soon she had turned her Commlink off.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 25 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 4:48 am

I know how long days work. I left work last night at 1:00 am, and it is now 7:37 am, and I have to head back for an 8:30 am meeting. I sympathize; long work days leave little time for anything else! Food. Relationships. Whatever it is that you do to relieve stress (SRO...). It all has to come after work - or in between. My games have certainly stalled from time to time when work gets so overwhelming that I can't keep up (believe it or not, the timing above doesn't fall under the "overwhelming" category for me). We're all used to RL considerations causing pauses in posting schedules.

Don't misunderstand our impatience. We all know that you're a new player, but you've surprised and amazed us with your posts. We are all literally waiting for each post you put up "with baited breath" as it were to see what you'll do next. Our impatience is not directed at you "holding us back" we are playing in to your character from an RP perspective almost intentionally because we want to see your posts!
So: bottom line is, we're impatient with excitement - and you did this to yourself... You're the one who went and posted awesome posts.

[EDIT] OK: I just read your IC post, and it further serves to emphasize my statement above. That post is awesome! I actually laughed when you described the Khaki shorts; instead of jeans, ripped jeans, or slacks. It's great! It's one thing for people to say: "I appear forgettable" but another entirely to accurately describe it. And you hit that nail square on the head. When I was reading "from top down" about the nice leather jacket and the button down shirt, I actually was expecting your next item to be slacks - but Khaki shorts... It kept us on our toes, while being perfectly appropriate to the "I appear forgettable" appearance.
Also FYI: Sha'hGrim is an Elf as well. So two in this small group, and both are magicians. It's stereotype heaven here! And if you want to talk about Elf Treehuggers... Look at the Cat! And wait until the team decides to have a meeting at Sha'hGrim's house. You'll wonder if her next move is to actually move in to the trees. In the mean time, however, we're all in battle gear, and most of us likely look like the battle gear was actually necessary!
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 25 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 5:21 am

Aw c'mon chummers! Haven't you all seen the Matrix movies? SRO IS the real world. All that other drek is nothing more than a computer simulated false reality designed to turn us into EverReady batteries!

...why is everyone looking at me like that?
Razz
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 25 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 12:10 pm

Sidney, I think we all know how it is to drown in work. Don't worry.

Yes, the average is a few posts per week. But, as I gladly notice, we exceed this average. Things might calm down some day. Or they might not.

I have days where I can't write a post either. Or even a few days in a row.

Jagger, we are on the brink to the sixth world. I'm actually waiting for the magic to return. Things aren't exactly in synch with the SR sourcebooks, but who knows how much things got jumbled during the two crashes? Wink

EDIT:

Oh and Sid, Darkon is human looking. (With the appropriate quality) Which means him being an elf should not be obvious on the first glance, and maybe not even the second one.

I like your style of description by the way.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 25 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 12:05 pm

Great posts, Sidney! You've definitely brought a new dimension to the team!
Very Happy

(...now I gotta work harder, yeah thanks alot!)
Razz
Back to top Go down
SidneyL
Meat
Meat

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2012-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 25 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 7:26 am

Gala wrote:
I know how long days work. I left work last night at 1:00 am, and it is now 7:37 am, and I have to head back for an 8:30 am meeting. I sympathize; long work days leave little time for anything else! Food. Relationships. Whatever it is that you do to relieve stress (SRO...). It all has to come after work - or in between. My games have certainly stalled from time to time when work gets so overwhelming that I can't keep up (believe it or not, the timing above doesn't fall under the "overwhelming" category for me). We're all used to RL considerations causing pauses in posting schedules.

My sympathies- I wish I had your lack of need for sleep Smile

I should be able to get some more time in for this game. I am enjoying it- which I figured... but still surprised at how much more than I had thought I would.

Gala wrote:

Don't misunderstand our impatience. We all know that you're a new player, but you've surprised and amazed us with your posts. We are all literally waiting for each post you put up "with baited breath" as it were to see what you'll do next. Our impatience is not directed at you "holding us back" we are playing in to your character from an RP perspective almost intentionally because we want to see your posts!
So: bottom line is, we're impatient with excitement - and you did this to yourself... You're the one who went and posted awesome posts.

Thanks for the compliments,and encouragments. All of you

I'll be throwing up a post later today.

Thanks again all.

Gala wrote:

[EDIT] OK: I just read your IC post, and it further serves to emphasize my statement above. That post is awesome! I actually laughed when you described the Khaki shorts; instead of jeans, ripped jeans, or slacks. It's great! It's one thing for people to say: "I appear forgettable" but another entirely to accurately describe it. And you hit that nail square on the head. When I was reading "from top down" about the nice leather jacket and the button down shirt, I actually was expecting your next item to be slacks - but Khaki shorts... It kept us on our toes, while being perfectly appropriate to the "I appear forgettable" appearance.
Also FYI: Sha'hGrim is an Elf as well. So two in this small group, and both are magicians. It's stereotype heaven here! And if you want to talk about Elf Treehuggers... Look at the Cat! And wait until the team decides to have a meeting at Sha'hGrim's house. You'll wonder if her next move is to actually move in to the trees. In the mean time, however, we're all in battle gear, and most of us likely look like the battle gear was actually necessary!

Well it helps to go with a 'hacker', as I can draw upon work and school to a degree. I'm not really in IT Security...although that's always been a big interest for me. The company I work for teaches Cisco courses (Do you need any help with networking? I know a great place for training...)

But we did some 'hacking' in school. I was pleasantly surprised with SR's take on it. The 'on the fly' is a bit suspect, but there's enough 'real' stuff to make it familiar. (Capturing encrypted wireless packets and decrypting them to sniff for example)
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 25 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 7:32 am

Sidney wrote:
"I'll be throwing up a post later today."

Well I hope you get to feeling better soon, guy
Razz
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 25 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 2:57 pm

Jagger! That is awesome!!! I actually laughed out loud at that post!
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 25 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 3:26 pm

Thanks Gala!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 25 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 4:47 am

Who are we waiting on?
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 25 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 6:59 am

Just as an FYI I'm going out of town for a few days. Should be back round Tuesday or so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)
Page 25 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next