Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeDarkness falls OOC SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Darkness falls OOC

Go down 
+3
Mirikon
Fugitive Unknown
Azonalanthious
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Azonalanthious
Team Leader
Team Leader
Azonalanthious

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2009-06-09

Darkness falls OOC Empty
PostSubject: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 3:40 pm

If ya don't know what this is for, you don't play enough online games. Shame on you. What would your mother think if she knew you were neglecting your online gaming?
Back to top Go down
Fugitive Unknown
Meat
Meat

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2009-06-25

Darkness falls OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 4:28 pm

And now I post for the sake of posting!
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Darkness falls OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 7:09 pm

I, too, post for the sake of posting. And also to say that Green is English, Red is Japanese, and Blue is Chinese. Italics is for speaking over the Matrix.
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Priest Sarah Gaven
Race: ork
Sex: female

Darkness falls OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 9:35 pm

I banish the posting demons. Matron is speaking in orange, thinking in italics, and thoughts of random coolness are in red.
Back to top Go down
Fugitive Unknown
Meat
Meat

Darkness falls OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 1:01 am

I think I've decided there HAD to be a noodle incident in the run Needles had with Matron, one that probobly ended in a great deal of bloodshed.

I figure he's going to view her with a healthy mixture of fear, dread and respect.

Any problems with that?

(Definition of Noodle Incident below)

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NoodleIncident
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

Darkness falls OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 1:18 am

Sure. I've got no problem with that.
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Darkness falls OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 12:44 pm

Oh, since we've worked together, we probably have at least an idea of who eachother's contacts are, so I'll just put a blurb here about them. Not counting Zeke, of course.

Kurosaki Isao - Third son of a major Yakuza oyabun in Neo-Tokyo. He and Motoko have been romantically linked at times. She is one of the few people who is allowed to call him Isao-kun. He is in Seattle as a liason between the main branch of the family, and its lesser branches here.

DivideByZero - AKA Divvy. Divvy is a free crack sprite Motoko's worked with in the past, and an expert on finding back doors and other such flaws in a system. Divvy doesn't work for free, but Nuyen means little to him. Divvy trades in favors. These favors could be doing a minor run, to giving him a simsense recording of Motoko in an 'intimate' moment, or acting in one of his VR movies. Of course, he knows that if anything she gives him makes it out on the general Matrix, she'll make it her business to personally find him and decompile him, no matter what. Divvy is a pervy sprite, but there's no creature on the matrix or off that's better at finding a back door into some systems. Divvy commonly appears on the matrix as a fraction (1/0), but he has taken on more metahuman bodysculpts at times, especially when dealing with Motoko.

Lady Godiva - AKA "the Lady". Lady Godiva is a rogue AI Motoko's worked with several times in the past. She even helped save her from another AI that wanted to incorporate part of her code into his own programming. In addition to being knowledgeable about technomancers, hackers, and other matrix denizens, Godiva has spent time in many different corporate mainframes, which is of use to Motoko.
Back to top Go down
Fugitive Unknown
Meat
Meat

Darkness falls OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 12:52 pm

Pravin Lal - Street Doc, more specialized in augmentation then medicine.

Mob Boss. Doesn't really share the name to you though, just mentions that he "has a reliable contact in" the Irish Mafia.

He seems to know Zeke pretty well too, like they've known each other for a while.
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

Darkness falls OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 1:16 pm

Just so everyone knows, and I don't have to rant, rave, and have to go back to my psychiatrist, who've i already paid off his mortgage. As far as the world is concerned Matron is human, she has the human looking quality, she doesn't even know that she has ork blood, so please for the love of whichever higher being happens to be on duty today, refer to her as human.
Back to top Go down
Fugitive Unknown
Meat
Meat

Darkness falls OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 3:21 pm

Sure, you got it.

I changed references to your character as "Matron" (I'm assuming your going with that since that's what you put in your IC post) as well.

I think some sort of filter automaticly edited my post too - put "effn" as "Danelion Eater", which I find pretty amusing.
Back to top Go down
Westmoreland
Meat
Meat

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2009-07-05

Character sheet
Character Name: Marcus
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

Darkness falls OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 8:52 am

Two of Artemis' four contacts are rather close, personal friends are hers who have legitimate lives and interests (and know her by her real name and history), and as such, she is unlikely to have mentioned them at all to her fellow Runners.

The other two, however, are Zeke (whom you all know), and Dukes, an aging Ork ganger (by which I mean he's in his early 30's, which is practically ancient for an ork ganger) who operates in and around the barrio where Artemis lives and works. These two know her only as Artemis, unless they've done some digging behind her back, in which case they might have turned up either her real identity or, more likely, her UCAS SIN in the name of Diana Reeves (Diana, incidentally, being the Roman approximation of the Greek Artemis).

It would also be known to most that Artemis operates a garage/chop shop in said barrio, where she also does some work patching up bullet wounds in the local gangers and their vehicles. This business is semi-legitimate, doing the occasional brake pad replacement or scratch and dent work to keep the lights on, but does most of its business with the local gangs (fixing their rides and their members, and breaking down stolen vehicles for easier sale) in exchange for various favors, including protection.
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Darkness falls OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 8:59 am

And this is what happens when you turn on a high strength jamming device next to a Technomancer with a Matrix addiction.
Back to top Go down
Azonalanthious
Team Leader
Team Leader
Azonalanthious

Darkness falls OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 9:15 am

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Westmoreland
Meat
Meat

Character sheet

Darkness falls OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 9:56 am

Being someone who lives with chronic pain as a result of past injuries sustained during military service, it occurs to me that there really ought to be a "chronic pain" negative quality. I suppose that the "low pain tolerance" quality (or just low Willpower and/or Body ratings) rather closely approximates it, but still - it'd probably be a common thing among shadowrunners . . . although it's hard to say exactly what the mechanical effects should be, as after several years, you just get used to always being in pain and it no longer affects your performance in any noticeable way.
Back to top Go down
Azonalanthious
Team Leader
Team Leader
Azonalanthious

Darkness falls OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 10:21 am

Its a sports injury rather then a military one in my case, but I know what you mean. Maybe something with needing fewer 1s to have a check glitch? It doesn't effect your day to day performance, but a bad flare at the wrong time causing issues?
Back to top Go down
Fugitive Unknown
Meat
Meat

Darkness falls OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 2:01 pm

Negotiation Check?
Back to top Go down
Azonalanthious
Team Leader
Team Leader
Azonalanthious

Darkness falls OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 2:15 pm

Charisma (4) + Negotiation (4) + First Impression (2) = 10 dice = 3 hits <-- that's pretty much how I like rolls handled. The linked dice roller is invisible castle but feel free to use anything where the rolls can be used (for example, you are welcome to use the rpol roller Westmoreland). Feel free to roll yourself in the future, but we'll call this your roll this time around.
Back to top Go down
Fugitive Unknown
Meat
Meat

Darkness falls OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 3:40 pm

Cool. I'll try the dice roller next time I get to roll.

I guess that jamming's higher then my commlink's sig, so I can't use emp softs (BEST GEAR EVAR!?!)

Once the Jamming's clear, can we matrix talk to each other?

Also: I edited my character sheet a bit - mostly totally cosmetic changes, though I dropped a point of Celtic History Knowedge for Cigars / Tobacco Knowledge - I didn't think you'd mind.
Back to top Go down
Azonalanthious
Team Leader
Team Leader
Azonalanthious

Darkness falls OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 3:57 pm

The jamming's high enough that its likely to burn out your commlink if you try. Its actually high enough that I gave it a chance to do stun damage to Mokoto (think of a flash grenade but against her matrix senses), though I rolled for resistance for her behind the scenes and she got off clean.

But yeah, once its down you would be able to use the matrix normally.

Edit: Oh, and yeah, the minor character changes are fine - that goes for everyone else too. Basicly, feel free to tweak anything you like until we're through the first run, or until your use the ability in question for the first time, whichever comes first. But if you decided to tweak in an ability you just happen to need (like if you had changed your knowledge skill to Fine Wines to try and impress the Johnson) you might end up with an annoyed DM, which is a bad thing... Evil or Very Mad

Also, you can feel free to add "Project Falcon" Johnson, connections ?, Loyalty 1 to your contacts list. Everyone thank Needle. Wink
Back to top Go down
Westmoreland
Meat
Meat

Character sheet

Darkness falls OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 7:26 pm

Artemis doesn't care for "Project Falcon" Johnson (or Zeke, for that matter), but I do, so he will be listed. Maybe he can get help her arrange a payment plan on that utility chopper she's been meaning to get. Besides, her highest-Loyalty Contact is someone whom she doesn't really like as a person so much as a respect as a highly capable human being and incredibly useful ally. She's just very much a blue-collar type, and retains a healthy disdain for anyone who spends more on a silk tie or a bottle of wine than she spends on a week's worth of food and laundry.

I, too, made some minor alterations, just to gear, since there was a purchase I'd meant to make and overlooked, and had to move some things around to work it in - didn't affect anything that's actually come into play so far, though.

Plus, the rules aren't 100% clear on this, but does jamming keep a commlink from working altogether, or just disable its wireless radio? For instance, could you still use a commlink "offline" to access data actually stored in the device's memory while its being jammed (like an iPhone in airplane mode). . . or does the whole thing just go bonkers (like an iPhone that's been dropped in a coffee mug)?
Back to top Go down
Azonalanthious
Team Leader
Team Leader
Azonalanthious

Darkness falls OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 7:31 pm

Don't worry, he's an uber-adept great dragon in disguise and the ultimate bad guy in this game and will attempt to kill you all at least twice later down the road, so you'll probably get to shoot him. *nods sagely, with a completely honest and serious expression on his face*. Wink

As for wrapping up the meet, I'm still gonna give it a bit long, case any else wants to post. But I'll probably move things on tomorrow evening.
Back to top Go down
Fugitive Unknown
Meat
Meat

Darkness falls OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 7:52 pm

I'm guessing it doesn't do the whole "coffee mug thing", since they make everything and it's dog (and the collar the dog's wearing) is a device with a signal rating in 4th ed.

As entertaining as it would be to have have me go blind / deaf while your cyberarm goes all "idle hands" and our smart link weapons start firing off randomly.
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Darkness falls OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 8:08 pm

Yeah, jammers + Technomancers = NO. Its the equivalent of cutting off a Jedi from the force, but without a Jedi's whole respect for balance and life thing. Only reason this didn't get nasty is because Motoko didn't bring her rifle to the meet.
Back to top Go down
Azonalanthious
Team Leader
Team Leader
Azonalanthious

Darkness falls OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 8:25 pm

Since there is interest in this point, here's a behind the DM Screen look at things:

This particular jammer (which is not avaliable to the public even on the military black market) was provided by the Johnson. It blankets all incoming frequencies (functioning like a normal jammer in that respect) but also actively seeks devices attempting to establish a wireless connection (ie being used, rather then just sitting there) and slams them with a burst of over-powered and focused 'white noise' producing a Rating vs Response test (or Rating vs Willpower for technomancers) as the device (or person) attempts to franticly abort the connection attempt before damage can be done. The net hits go to burn out the device's Signal rating (or do stun damage to technomancers). Skinlinks or old fashion optic cable can be used to get around the effects. Zeke isn't really to blame for poor Mokoto - the Johnson provided the device and Zeke didn't know its specs or that it would hit Mokoto so stongly - he thought it was a sound damper to prevent folks from outside listening in (which it is) and a low lever jammer that Mokoto could punch through (which it clearly is not). Having said that... he's enough of a jerk and the Johnson's paying him enough he might have used it anyway (witness the fact that he didn't shut it off).

All of which, of course, none of you realize in character at this point.
Back to top Go down
Fugitive Unknown
Meat
Meat

Darkness falls OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 8:51 pm

Yeah, if that had of burned out a 20K headware commlink, I think (assuming I survived) I'd have voiced my displeasure with the Johnson...

... and by that I mean kill him and take his stuff.

Razz

I think were done here. Maybe we can have a chat somewhere with less ridiculously expensive jammers?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Darkness falls OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC Empty

Back to top Go down

Darkness falls OOC
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next