Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeDarkness falls OOC - Page 4 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Darkness falls OOC

Go down 
+3
Mirikon
Fugitive Unknown
Azonalanthious
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Darkness falls OOC - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 10:15 pm

In my experience, a general matrix search provides about the same quality answers as googling someone. Its the whole reason why hackers hack into a system, rather than just doing Data Searches all day. Given that we'd be googling them based on one picture, the odds of us getting anything remotely useful without finding a place to start from, first, is like the odds of winning the lottery, on the same day you got struck by lightning. For each person.

Fugitive Unknown wrote:
Even assuming we couldn't get those three on a random matrix search, we could have gone through the employee records and put the lean on one of the existing employees - a little hitting into their background and we could have found the one that owed some money to the mob, or had a family in a low security
area of town, maybe bribe them or blackmail them into helping us. Or just put a gun to their back.

If push came to shove we could have gone in as trainees or electronics contractors and then hacked whatever internal security they had.

Hard with a face, a rigger and a techno though and no mage.

We tried the going in undercover thing. That's how we got busted. As for the other idea, ICly, that's not really the kind of thing Motoko would do.

I agree that this was the wrong team for the job. A group of covert ops styled runners would have been much better suited for this. We're a more general focus team, go in, get the package, get out without getting caught. The need for the run to not even appear to have happened, however, made things pretty much impossible.
Back to top Go down
Westmoreland
Meat
Meat

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2009-07-05

Character sheet
Character Name: Marcus
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 1:42 pm

Azonalanthious wrote:
But both Mokoto and Artemis's primary residences have been burned and are going to be watched by the star from here on out - your experienced shadowrunners, so I'm going to assume you are able to get back in and get portable gear, but the lifestyle is gone and anything big/non-portable is gone.

Seems to me that Artemis has plausible deniability.

"Nope. Never heard of this Rita Munroe or this Motoko Kusanagi character. I just figured I was getting a free package."

Not that that's gonna keep Ares from putting her on their shitlist, but seems to me she's got a good defense to any actual charges, and could even keep her place, although it'll probably be watched from here on out. Maybe? Mr. GM?

P.S. In case that doesn't fly, pretty much everything except her auto shop was in either her truck or her RV, and I would think (hope) she could retrieve the RV.
Back to top Go down
Azonalanthious
Team Leader
Team Leader
Azonalanthious

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 3:26 pm

You can keep the place if you want Artemis, since no one seems to be resisting. But the red tape involved in clearing your good name means you can't do anything else during the normal downtime this month. Mokoto, Fugitive, go ahead and setup your second characters and let me known when you're ready. Everyone gets 10 karma - the run may have failed, but sometimes failure is the best teacher. This will tranfer to your new characters

As far as the nature of the run - the run was laid out before I posted the help wanted thread and I did say in their that I paid some attention to shadow aspect of things, the specific bonus that would be offered, and that a covert ops or B&E guy would be a good character - no one played one though. However, not all runs will be that covert, so don't think you can't make them just because you aren't a covert team.

Since the run's a bust... the primary copy of the data was a hardcopy in a safe in the (secret) basement lab and a copy of the site's secure node. There were also 2 other secondary copies you could have gotten your hands on. Basicly, here are the options was I prepared for you to try. I'm sure there are others if you think about it enough.

1) Basic B&E
2) Go in as contractors or traniees (this could have worked even though the employee option didn't)
3) Find one of the alternate enterances - there is was enterance through the building, but there was also a ventaltion shaft that came up out by the drone driving course and the main enterance was a tunnel from one of the houses across the street, both of which could have been used without ever entering the building.
4) There was an erased copy of the info on the public node that could have been reconstructed, though it had a very high threshold to do so.
5) There was a backdoor from the public node to the secure one that the earlier team missed - once again, it was high threshold to find, but it was there.
6) Any of the 3 project team members as well as the faculty director could have gotten you into the lab.
7) One of the team members had an illegal copy of the data at their home.
Cool A distraction to draw folks out of the building (like setting fire to one of the houses across the street)
9) Blow the building up and seach the rubble (when all else fails, use high explosives...)
Back to top Go down
Azonalanthious
Team Leader
Team Leader
Azonalanthious

PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 3:33 pm

Also... guys, don't assume that you have to get the bonus every run. The run provideds the nuyen and earns you karma. The bonus is just that - a bonus. Figure out what you can do to pull of the main run. THEN worry about if you can get the bonus as well.
Back to top Go down
Fugitive Unknown
Meat
Meat

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2009-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 3:37 pm

9) I think would have been beyond ridiculous. Blowing up a corperate facility would be nasty enough to draw out the worst of Lonestar's bloodhounds.

Anywhoo, for my next disaster, I'll probobly go Mage.

I think I like magically active characters.
Back to top Go down
Azonalanthious
Team Leader
Team Leader
Azonalanthious

PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 3:39 pm

That was mostly a joke Fugative... though I did have this one player back in college...
Back to top Go down
Fugitive Unknown
Meat
Meat

PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 4:09 pm

Heh, off topic, but high explosives have always been a "get the party killed if not treated with respect" sort of item in my games - had two TPK's because of them.

The first was a crazy mofo who carried 25KG of the stuff ON HIM at ALL TIMES. He liked showing it off to detract anyone who would dare try and shoot him = unfrotauntely he ran into some cop who'd failed chemistry and through by stunning him with a tazer he could keep him from detonating the explosive. Say bye to a two block area.

The second was sort of a clusterfrak all round - one mage would sneak around while invisible and drop grenades - very good at taking out security or gangs. They were busy fighting a bunch of lonestar hiding across from a corridor firing from heavy cover. The mage, as usual, dissapeared and started crawling up the corridor. In order to "make them keep
their head down" the merc troll decided to lay down supressive fire with his vindicator minigun.

Well, of course, the mage was reduced to a red paste. He dropped the active grenade he had in his hand, which
detonated. In a narrow corridor, that would be bad for everyone. Of course, he had 30 more grenades in his backpack.
(TPK!)
Back to top Go down
Azonalanthious
Team Leader
Team Leader
Azonalanthious

PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 4:16 pm

I've a character in my character list that would fit right in with those. Doctor Boom. Main weapon - dynamite. Didn't end up playing him though.
Back to top Go down
Fugitive Unknown
Meat
Meat

PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 5:24 pm

His was "Avatar: Destroyer of Subways"
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 7:18 pm

That's almost as bad as the character I had in a Hero System game. A nice, sweet 17 year old girl that turned into a 23m tall, firebreathing dragon.

Oooh, there's an idea. Gotta check the cost for playing dragons again!
Back to top Go down
Fugitive Unknown
Meat
Meat

PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 7:44 pm

Well, we were 13 when I ran this game...
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 10:58 pm

OK, I got two characters I've made up, and want opinions on which to bring in.

Selina - An AI that grew out of a dating site. Has a couple drones which she uses to interact with the real world, but spends most of her time playing with the denizens of the Matrix.

Dana - A human Drake Adept. Nothing says fun like a woman turning into a firebreathing dragon, right?
Back to top Go down
Fugitive Unknown
Meat
Meat

PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 12:35 am

Dana.
Back to top Go down
Fugitive Unknown
Meat
Meat

PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 12:45 am

Still working on my character - it's been a busy week.
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 7:49 am

OK, the crunchy part of my new character is in my character thread. I'll flesh out the rest when I get off work.
Back to top Go down
Westmoreland
Meat
Meat

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2009-07-05

Character sheet
Character Name: Marcus
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 9:43 am

Artemis would've been all for blowing up a tactical weapons training facility and peggin it on peaceniks. Like most people, she loves irony . . . except when it's biting HER in the trog.

Also, I'm guessing Artemis is going to get some Notoriety out of this, but don't know how much, so I await further input.
Back to top Go down
Fugitive Unknown
Meat
Meat

PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 7:25 pm

Ugh, I left my folder (complete with my nearly completed mage) at my fiancee's place on monday..... I'd have redone it completely, but I've got an important interview to prepare for on Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
Fugitive Unknown
Meat
Meat

PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 8:03 pm

Interview's completed, internet is back up after the lightning strike that took it out this weekend. Is this run still going? If so I have a character ready to post, I just noted there hasn't been anything since last wed.

Sorry for the delays if your all waiting on me, but I'm getting the sense that interest in this game has waned.
Back to top Go down
Azonalanthious
Team Leader
Team Leader
Azonalanthious

PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 8:45 pm

I was waiting on you. Moving one with 1 player missing when we only have 3 is kinda pointless. Can't speak for anyone else though.
Back to top Go down
Fugitive Unknown
Meat
Meat

PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Sorry - it's been a freaking madhouse for me in the past two weeks, plus internet problems. Made more annoying by the fact it's unbearably hot. I'm sorry for keeping everyone so long.
Back to top Go down
Fugitive Unknown
Meat
Meat

PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 1:38 pm

I think I"m out - I clearly don't have the commitment required to make this game run at a reasonable pace, or I'd have posted my character by now.

The fact is, I've been very busy with school (when my internet was actually working) and will likely have no time to continue come September. Sorry for wasting your time.
Back to top Go down
Azonalanthious
Team Leader
Team Leader
Azonalanthious

PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 11:52 am

Ok, guys - thoughts? Continue the game with just the two of you, try to recruit some more players, or give it up as a bad go?
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 8:39 pm

I'm still here. Sorry for not getting my background in yet. RL work got a bit crazy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darkness falls OOC   Darkness falls OOC - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Darkness falls OOC
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4