Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeMoral Test OOC SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Moral Test OOC

Go down 
+3
Mirikon
Jimb011
taniwhaiti
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Number of posts : 427
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Character sheet
Character Name: Haruki 'Tora' Tokugawa
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

Moral Test OOC Empty
PostSubject: Moral Test OOC   Moral Test OOC EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 4:15 pm

This is a 400BP run. You are newbie Shadowrunners and so just starting out on your career path. I will be accepting Archetypes from SR4 Rulebook and created characters as well. PM me if you wish and post your character. I hope to have players that are able to post regularly as there is nothing worse than waiting for a GM or a player to post in as things may not move on until that happens. I have been away from GMing and RL took its toll however I am back and wish to get into it again and have some fun.

I will post in yellow or red.
Back to top Go down
Jimb011
Team Leader
Team Leader
Jimb011

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Character sheet
Character Name: Dex
Race: Human
Sex: M

Moral Test OOC Empty
PostSubject: Moral test   Moral Test OOC EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 5:18 pm

Hey I'm up for this. Even though it would be my third game I'm in on top of the other two I'm still up for it since things are slow. If your OK with that I'll submit a character sheet as soon as I can whip one up.
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

Moral Test OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moral Test OOC   Moral Test OOC EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 12:39 pm

OK - we have one character almost complete. Once I have looked at your character, discussed any issues we both may have then you will have GM approval and you are free to post into the run. All communication outside the game itself must come through here. Thanks and lets again 'Have some FUN!'
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Moral Test OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moral Test OOC   Moral Test OOC EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 10:51 pm

My Charsheet is up in my thread. Its the last one there, called Nekomusumi. She's got good combat abilities, and can hold her own in negotiations. And like any good catgirl, she's pretty good at the athletics and stealth stuff.

What? I was in the mood for something different. Smile
Back to top Go down
Azonalanthious
Team Leader
Team Leader
Azonalanthious

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2009-06-09

Moral Test OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moral Test OOC   Moral Test OOC EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 2:32 pm

I don't really wanna post again until some of the other players arrive... a face, Mist is not, so unless you want our fee to go DOWN as the result of her non-negotiating skills... Wink

Also, for general reference, Mist is recording this conversation on her cybereye/ear (and its safe to assume she'll record any and all future conversations with Johnsons, contacts, and... well... everyone.).
Back to top Go down
ZeMuppet

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Moral Test OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moral Test OOC   Moral Test OOC EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 4:03 pm

So...I'm a complete noob at both Shadowrun and how this site works, so this'll be my very first run ever.

If anyone would be willing to help me get up to speed real quick, that would be much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Moral Test OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moral Test OOC   Moral Test OOC EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 7:33 pm

I'll gladly help ya. First off, have you got an idea for what kind of character you wanna play?

And I'm just waiting on GM approval before posting.
Back to top Go down
Westmoreland
Meat
Meat

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2009-07-05

Character sheet
Character Name: Marcus
Race: Troll

Moral Test OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moral Test OOC   Moral Test OOC EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 9:33 pm

Character up.

The Heap will be taking care of your hacking needs. And he's very much a "pure" hacker, focused almost entirely on getting where he's not supposed to be and messing around with data that isn't meant to be messed around with. He's also got a fair mix of other abilities, so as not to get himself killed, but don't expect him to be throwing any punches or bringing heavy firepower.
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Moral Test OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moral Test OOC   Moral Test OOC EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 10:18 pm

Nekomusumi (Neko for short) will be your resident street samurai, though she has decent face abilities, as well. She is primarily a melee combatant (both unarmed and with blades), though she is skilled with thrown weapons as well. And anything else she needs can be done simply by loading an activesoft on her skillwires. And at 15B/13I armor, and Dodge 5, she's definitely capable of holding her own in combat.

Her main weakness is that she doesn't have any skills with firearms without softs, which she doesn't have at the moment. That, and the fact that a catgirl stands out, even in 2070.
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

Moral Test OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moral Test OOC   Moral Test OOC EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 11:16 pm

]OK - just an update:

So far we have these players and characters with GM approval:

Ictoagn - "Ike"
Mirikon - "Neko"
Azonalanthious - "Mist"
Westmoreland - "The Heap"

I have had some contact with two other players who have yet to get their characters to me. Mist is the only one at this stage who has posted into the run.

Back to top Go down
Westmoreland
Meat
Meat

Character sheet

Moral Test OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moral Test OOC   Moral Test OOC EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 7:28 am

A couple of questions:

1) I assume the primary language of this game is English, and that everyone will be assumed to be speaking English unless they say otherwise. How should we handle other languages, should we use them for whatever reason? I don't mind just making it explicit (e.g., "So and so responds, in broken Mandarin, 'Let's skin this cat.'"), but some GMs/players prefer other conventions.

2) How will we be handling dice rolls? Honor system? Some specific online roller?
Back to top Go down
Westmoreland
Meat
Meat

Character sheet

Moral Test OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moral Test OOC   Moral Test OOC EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 8:24 am

ZeMuppet,

I know making your own character is half the fun, but the pre-made characters from the core rules are really good for new players. They're all pretty well balanced and quite capable at what they do (although you'll want to double-check the errata, as they're rife with typos), and they're 'generic' enough in their stats to personalize quite a bit. I've seen a lot of great (and original) characters that consisted of one of the templates with maybe an Attribute switched out and some of the Knowledge Skills traded or edited, and you've got a whole new character with its own unique background and personality. If any of them strikes your fancy, consider "editing" it to suit your needs rather than making a character from scratch (which might cause you to overlook some key things, like an appropriate lifestyle or a decent commlink).

Also, everyone else,

I'm following Mist's lead and refraining from actually interacting with Mrs. Johnson until the whole group has been introduced. I assume Mrs. Johnson wouldn't start talking until everyone was present, anyway, so it's best to let everyone make their introductions.
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

Moral Test OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moral Test OOC   Moral Test OOC EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 2:16 pm

1) The easiest and most economical way is exactly your suggestion Westmoreland - it makes more sense and does not interrupt the game flow with too many color changes to the font and then trying to remember which color is which.

2) I am open to suggestions with dice rolling. I actually prefer the Honor system as it says a lot about you as a player as your honesty can be seen in the dice rolls and also I am just too willing to be honest with players about the dice rolls I make. I actually roll d6 dice and then post eaxactly what is rolled. I see no sense in cheating or being dishonest about the rolls. If the character stuffs up a roll then they stuff up. I realise that I do not have the same attachment to NPCs as players do to their characters but by being honest about EVERY roll, the game is never boring. If you guys have some other ideas about dice rolling then post them in this forum and then make a decision before we start the game proper. Either that or we could just all use Invisible Castle as our roller?? Thoughts??
Back to top Go down
Azonalanthious
Team Leader
Team Leader
Azonalanthious

Moral Test OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moral Test OOC   Moral Test OOC EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 2:32 pm

Well, honestly, it all comes down to honor in the end anyways. Even if you use a roller invisible castle, there is nothing to stop you from rolling until you get a roll you like anyways and using that for a link. So while you'll probably see me linking rolls to invisible castle out of habit, I'm for the honor system.
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

Moral Test OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moral Test OOC   Moral Test OOC EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 2:41 pm

Well, lets stick to the honor system then. Watching the rolls carefully can tell you whether the 'honor' in honor system is actually working.

Just another thing is that some of you are carrying some very serious armor - this armor is actually listed as 'beyond' military and police spec. So know this, that if you are picked up by Law Enforcement or by Military or Megacorp Security - your armor is gone!! I mean 15B/8I or in some cases 15B/13I. You are not Iron Man - you are a Shadowrunner and while I agreed to your character sheet as listed originally upon reflection and discussion with others on this site and other sites it is a little excessive. I guess I base your characters on the levels I see in the Archetypes. Taking liberty is ok. I understand that but there is a limit and I am at the end of mine as a GM given that you are just starting out in your career as a Shadowrunner.

Last edited by taniwhaiti on Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jimb011
Team Leader
Team Leader
Jimb011

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Character sheet
Character Name: Dex
Race: Human
Sex: M

Moral Test OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moral Test OOC   Moral Test OOC EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 2:49 pm

Still on my character, almost done If I'm still able to be in
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Moral Test OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moral Test OOC   Moral Test OOC EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 11:08 pm

Hey, you knew she'd have to do a cat joke at some point.

As for my armor, it actually isn't milspec armor. Its just properly layering armor to the best effect. The breakdown goes like this:

Dermal Sheathing, Rating 2 - +2B/+3I Armor. Counts as natural armor for encumbrance purposes, meaning it doesn't count.
Full Body Form-Fitting Body Armor - 6B/2I Armor. This stacks with other armors, but counts as 3B/1I armor for encumbrance.
Chameleon Suit - 6B/4I Armor.
SecureTech PPP Shin Guards, Forearm Guards, and Vitals Protector - +1B/+3I armor, adds to armor like helmets would.

So it all adds up to 15B/13I armor, but that's only 10B/8I armor for encumbrance purposes, and none of it is milspec.

Only reason she can wear that much armor without heavy penalties is because she's got high body. But then, she's a street samurai. She ought to have darn good armor, to go with the nasty combat abilities. Might not hit as hard as other sammys, but she's harder to hit, and takes a licking better. And all of this gear is well within the availability of starting characters. Basically, she took easily available items, and was smart in combining them. Only reason she didn't have 15B/15I armor is because it wouldn't be comfortable to wear a helmet with her cat ears.
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

Moral Test OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moral Test OOC   Moral Test OOC EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 1:17 am

It is still higher grade armor than the Street Samurai in the SR4 Rulebook and realistically 'Military' grade armor that only the 'military' should have. It is made for war basically and is being worn in a Shadowrun environment. However, I have agreed to the Character Sheet as is and therefore as the horse has bolted, it is too late to shut the gate!

I think in the future though I will restrict the gear that Shadowrunners begin with. At times I think that the fun of Shadowrun is really in the adventure of playing with just enough to be comfortable and playing becomes more thoughtful. Never mind - onwards and upwards.
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

Moral Test OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moral Test OOC   Moral Test OOC EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 3:47 am

Hi guys!

Come on, get posting so we can move the run forward as it is slowing down a little here! Lets get moving and playing!

Tani

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Azonalanthious
Team Leader
Team Leader
Azonalanthious

Moral Test OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moral Test OOC   Moral Test OOC EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 6:53 am

You're being inpatient again. Wink And I think we've all agreed that hitting up the PI is our first stop - you could probably advance the scene to that visit (and assume Heap finishes the hacking on the way) without issue.
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

Moral Test OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moral Test OOC   Moral Test OOC EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 1:59 am

I am not being impatient now!

Have posted in guys - hope RL is treating you OK!
Back to top Go down
Azonalanthious
Team Leader
Team Leader
Azonalanthious

Moral Test OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moral Test OOC   Moral Test OOC EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 7:14 am

True... but they only thing we really have to respond to right now is the call from Casey, which only Heap knows about right now.
Back to top Go down
Westmoreland
Meat
Meat

Character sheet

Moral Test OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moral Test OOC   Moral Test OOC EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 10:08 pm

Sorry about disappearing for several days there. Shouldn't happen again. Thanks for keeping things moving, GM.
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Moral Test OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moral Test OOC   Moral Test OOC EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 9:55 am

Sorry for lack of posting. DragonCon is a helluva lot of fun, but doesn't leave much time for checking in on games.
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

Moral Test OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moral Test OOC   Moral Test OOC EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 8:43 pm

Sorry guys - a combination of RL and a ongoing strike action by technicians at my net provider have taken its toll, but I am here and ready to kick us into action so lets go!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Moral Test OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moral Test OOC   Moral Test OOC Empty

Back to top Go down

Moral Test OOC
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next