Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeA Time For Secrets - Want Ads SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

A Time For Secrets - Want Ads

Go down 
+3
Dura
Bear
Gala
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

A Time For Secrets - Want Ads Empty
PostSubject: A Time For Secrets - Want Ads   A Time For Secrets - Want Ads EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 11:25 am

"Hey," Your fixer says over the commlink. "I think I have a good one for you, and it pays really well. I have some prelim details on it, and it seems right up your alley... Let me know what you think."

Needed:

Will Hire:

- Rigger
- Hacker/Technomancer
- Combat Magician

Will Consider...:

- Second Rigger
- Second Hacker/Technomancer
- Buffer/Healer Magician

Job:
This is the interesting part. (OOC: You are all more than welcome to look up the "A Time For Secrets" thread, and read the back posts, we lost 3 players over the last couple weeks, and need to flesh out the ranks a bit...)There will be a short, fairly simple, but quite challenging "tryout" before you will be abmitted in to the existing team. You will be accompanied by a highly capable drone or spirit, which will record your every action for review (this part is non-negotiable). Following this, you will be invited to a review session (individually), and will be either invited to join the team or not. The "audition" portion of this employment period will pay handsomely.
You will be meeting for the first time at The Chipped Teacup.

(Fixer's Edits)- Ok, I checked the place out. It's a homely Irish tavern-style bar/restaurant. It is just over the border in Redmond, and the neighborhood seems to be on the upside of the available Redmond neighborhoods. The 'trix seems to suggest that anyone can get in, but that the inside is quite nice, and they don't take kindly to collateral damage.

"Ok, take a look over the Ad, and I left a little bit of background at the end, and let me know if you're in! Soon though, the meet is in 2 days."

http://www.shadowrunonlinepbp.com/havick1988-f21/a-time-for-secrets-t37.htm

Last edited by Gala on Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - Want Ads   A Time For Secrets - Want Ads EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 11:34 am

Feel free to post in with questions, concerns, etc.
Back to top Go down
Bear
Runner
Runner
Bear

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2010-03-05

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - Want Ads   A Time For Secrets - Want Ads EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 11:46 am

These are the questions I had in mind, though more will probably come once they are answered

1. How many party members are still around, and what are their areas of expertise?
2. Will this be a reboot, or will the new characters be inserted exactly where the original game left off?
3. Will the feel of the game change any with the transition from Havick to you GMing?
4. Pink Mohawk or Men in Black
5. After the audition phase, is this a one run and done or an extended campaign?
6. I assume all books are available, but I have learned to never assume.
7. Metavariants, Sapient Critters, AI, Free Spirits, Santa Claus, Dragons?
8. Any House Rules?
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - Want Ads   A Time For Secrets - Want Ads EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 12:07 pm

That IS quite a list... Here are the answers as well as can be given.

1. 3 players are still around. We have a Sammy, an Adept, and a Shaman/Face. At the moment, I am NPCing 1 character, who I expect to be replaced by the list above. If that player does return, we will then have 4 players.
2. Neither... The game has not "left off". The new players will be inserted at a point convenient to me. Mentioned above, there will be a "Tryout" for which both monetary and Karmic compensation will be given. The remaining players who are still interested will be inserted at some point shortly after that. Being an experienced GM, I am quite familiar with players coming and going on any group, and inserting into existing runs is something that every GM gets used to.
3. I can virtually guarantee it. However, that is not by design. Havick and I spent quite a bit of time discussing his intentions. He was quite satisfied that I understood the progression of the game as he saw it when he left. I will stick to his storyline as we go forward.
4. That isn't really a question for me... that is a question for you.
5. Well, that sort of depends on the group... But as Havick designed it, it will be quite extended.
6. Your assumption is correct with the caveat that I have given away my SR4 book, since I am quite satisfied with the 20th anniversary edition. Any time someone needs me to refer to SR4, they should term it to the newer version.
7. I don't think we need any metavarieants, but the rest of the list is perfectly fine.
8. Yes. There is no such thing as an Adult Elf. Since the oldest an elf could POSSIBLY be is coming on 60 years, it would put them, relative to life-span, somewhere in their late teens. As yet, none others.

Last edited by Gala on Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Number of posts : 705
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - Want Ads   A Time For Secrets - Want Ads EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 12:12 pm

Gala wrote:
8. Yes. There is no such thing as an Adult Elf. Since the oldest an elf could POSSIBLY be is coming on 60 years, it would put them, relative to life-span, somewhere in their late teens.

Heehee. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bear
Runner
Runner
Bear

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - Want Ads   A Time For Secrets - Want Ads EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 12:13 pm

Oh I knew there was an important one I missed
What type of post rate are you looking for?
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - Want Ads   A Time For Secrets - Want Ads EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 1:11 pm

The tag line recently has been "minimum of one post per day"... which would be ok. However, I know that the other players post in the 3+ times per day while the thread is a'rockin', so it would be great to keep up!
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - Want Ads   A Time For Secrets - Want Ads EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 2:06 pm

So... other questions, concerns, etc....? Post your character links, and let's get this show rolling! I am going to cap the "Audition" at 6, first come first served.

I forgot to mention:

400 BP
Standard rules
Veteran characters will be considered
Back to top Go down
Bear
Runner
Runner
Bear

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - Want Ads   A Time For Secrets - Want Ads EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 2:11 pm

I keep seeing "Veteran characters will be considered"
What exactly separates a Vet character from a standard one built with 400 bp?
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - Want Ads   A Time For Secrets - Want Ads EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 2:13 pm

I think that means veteran characters from other campaigns, who've earned karma in another game already.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - Want Ads   A Time For Secrets - Want Ads EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 7:42 am

Durandana is correct. Theoretically, there should be a host of 'Runners out there who have some fairly significant experience, and some invested money, who are theoretically available for hire at any given time. The truth of that matter, out of game, is that GM's rarely encourage their characters to be at different starting points, since that takes slightly more planning and care on the side of the GM. So, whenever a game is started, generally the characters are forced to conform to a specific starting point.
The nice thing about working with a large pool in a Forum like this, is that we can make the game world slightly more realistic. Veteran characters are a reality, in game. And there should be a relative minority of applicants to any specific want-ad who are already fairly experienced 'Runners. So, to that end, I have seen a regular "Veteran Characters Will Be Considered" line in most Want-Ads, allowing people with already experienced characters to apply.

From the player's standpoint, if you have a character that you like, and have been working with it for a little while, it may not be practical to unwind the upgrades that have been done. Sometimes that is more work, particularly if you have had the character for a while, than just starting from scratch. So, a GM who allows veterans is often giving a player the chance to pull a character that they enjoy out of retirement. The key then becomes making sure that the character doesn't unbalance the group. Which is why the "considered" part is put in. The GM needs to be sure that the character does not throw off the desired group dynamic.
Back to top Go down
Neurok_Shinobi

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Nerin
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - Want Ads   A Time For Secrets - Want Ads EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 11:53 am

Nerin, troll latent martial artist, at your service

https://shadowrunonline.rpg-board.net/rpg_sheet.forum?u=228
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - Want Ads   A Time For Secrets - Want Ads EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 12:27 pm

Applicant number 1!
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - Want Ads   A Time For Secrets - Want Ads EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 2:48 pm

So, Bear, I am still curious to see what character you put forward.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - Want Ads   A Time For Secrets - Want Ads EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 1:37 pm

No more takers? I thought for sure that we would have some serious interest in this. At least in the "Audition" run, if not carry-over in to the full set of posts.
Back to top Go down
Neurok_Shinobi

Number of posts : 15

Character sheet
Character Name: Nerin

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - Want Ads   A Time For Secrets - Want Ads EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 1:50 pm

-shrugs, is up for it-
Back to top Go down
Dr_Cynic
Runner
Runner
Dr_Cynic

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2010-01-16

Character sheet
Character Name: Alex Roaring Bear

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - Want Ads   A Time For Secrets - Want Ads EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 1:53 pm

Hmm, what do you need still? I know how to play a street sam, but don't wanna play a mage type. I could play a hacker, but I'll probably be asking Dur for advice a lot.
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - Want Ads   A Time For Secrets - Want Ads EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 2:04 pm

Which I don't mind giving. Razz
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - Want Ads   A Time For Secrets - Want Ads EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 2:25 pm

In fact, I still need the entire list...
Back to top Go down
Dr_Cynic
Runner
Runner
Dr_Cynic

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2010-01-16

Character sheet
Character Name: Alex Roaring Bear

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - Want Ads   A Time For Secrets - Want Ads EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 10:20 pm

Ok, got a hacker, ready to go.... I think

https://shadowrunonline.rpg-board.net/characters-f10/roaring-bear-s-characters-t239.htm#8642

Background will be coming soon.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - Want Ads   A Time For Secrets - Want Ads EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 5:37 am

It's simple, and well put together. Looks like a decent and robust character. Good job!

Hacker taken care of, still need a Rigger and a Combat Magician, the "Will Consider" list is also entirely open for other players who wish to fill other niches.
Back to top Go down
rcoverdale
Meat
Meat
rcoverdale

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Character sheet
Character Name: Caper
Race: Dwarf

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - Want Ads   A Time For Secrets - Want Ads EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 11:21 am

I am new here, but not to Shadowrun. I would be interested in playing a Mage for this game, but I need to review the system in the book. Also I have never done a play by post game so....if you want me I will work up a character. (I am likely going to work up a few characters anyway to have some for other games, I have been dying to play shadowrun for about 2 years now).
Back to top Go down
outpost_2
Team Leader
Team Leader
outpost_2

Number of posts : 277

Character sheet
Character Name: Clinton Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - Want Ads   A Time For Secrets - Want Ads EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 12:13 pm

i have a rigger i have put together... if you still need one i can flesh out his contacts and knowledge and change the background https://shadowrunonline.rpg-board.net/characters-f10/outpost_2-characters-t323.htm
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - Want Ads   A Time For Secrets - Want Ads EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 3:51 am

Great, we now have a rigger; and I am looking forward to seeing this mage!
Back to top Go down
outpost_2
Team Leader
Team Leader
outpost_2

Number of posts : 277

Character sheet
Character Name: Clinton Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - Want Ads   A Time For Secrets - Want Ads EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 1:59 pm

so what kind of run is it so i can change the background to fit with this run and my contacts wont look as odd
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - Want Ads   A Time For Secrets - Want Ads Empty

Back to top Go down

A Time For Secrets - Want Ads
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next