Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeA Time For Secrets - - Page 3 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

A Time For Secrets -

Go down 
+2
rcoverdale
Gala
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

A Time For Secrets - - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 3 EmptyTue May 18, 2010 3:19 pm

"I am open to a consideration of re-negotiation. However, you can't really expect me to give you any more than the broad-strokes description before you all agree, now can you?" The "Johnson" asked, although it isn't really a question...

OOC: Negotiation roll.
Back to top Go down
rcoverdale
Meat
Meat
rcoverdale

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Character sheet
Character Name: Caper
Race: Dwarf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 3 EmptyTue May 18, 2010 9:22 pm

Caper listened to the banter for a moment, "I'm in." he paused to take another sip of his water, "I shall leave the negotiatin' to my companions for the moment, assuming they are in as well."
As he arranged some of the food on his plate he tapped out a message to Uncle Lou on his commlink.

To: Uncle Lou

Uncle Lou,

This is my first run, there seems to be military involved. Hefty payout, a chunk upfront. What do I need, and do you have any advice.

V

PS I likely will not be home for supper, but I have already eaten. Maybe when done I can treat you to a meal here.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 3 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 2:39 pm

Uncle Lou got back to Caper almost immediately.

Vince:
Military should not be messed with if you can avoid it. They carry the big guns, literally! But if you have to, get some good armor, and keep your meat out of the line of fire.

The "Johnson" looks back and grins at the negotiation efforts.
"For your efforts, I suppose I could come up with a bit extra. Mind you, this is because I respect your attempts. But if I really needed a dump and run team, I would simply have supplied a ganger group with one third of what I offered you. Please accept, as my final offer, an additional 5000 nuyen, which I will pay entirely up front. And keep in mind that we have already offered to cover all damages; as long as you are all decently skilled, you shouldn't have anything to fear." The "Johnson" says with a pleasant smile.
"Now, as I discussed, your methods and timing are entirely up to you. However, if you can put yourselves together fast enough, you have a window of oportunity right now where you may be able to accomplish this with minimal effort. That is up to you, but unless you have further questions, I will leave you all to begin your planning. Also, feel free to request anything you may need from the available services of this establishment. The food and alcohol, as I am sure you are now aware, is of the highest quality available."
Back to top Go down
Dr_Cynic
Runner
Runner
Dr_Cynic

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2010-01-16

Character sheet
Character Name: Alex Roaring Bear
Race: Troll

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 3 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 5:40 pm

I'm in. Let me review the data and see just what I got myself into. He held out his hand for the datachips with the mission specs in them. He needed to know what base they were hitting, at the very least. And after that he can see if he can do this on the fly or if he'd need to some time to prepare. He hasn't had to hack a milspec node in quite some time, and that was... an unpleasant experience.
Back to top Go down
rcoverdale
Meat
Meat
rcoverdale

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 3 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 10:39 pm

Caper leaned back and read the message Uncle Lou sent. Ain't no help for it now, I already agreed. he thought to himself.

"Well I have two questions: First, which military are we up against exactly? And Second, anyone know a good place to get quality armor?"
He looked around at each of them, including the Johnson before downing the last of his water.

"That out there, let's hear the details."
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 3 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 6:18 am

"Very well. You shall have your details now. I will remain while you review them, so that you may ask questions as needed."
The young woman who served the food returned with a tray with data chips on it.
"This will contain all the information you should need if you will be heading straight to the base. If you choose to wait, the deployment numbers will very likely change, and I cannot guess what they will change to. There are also detailed area maps of the base, including the current fixed fortifications, as well as a detailed layout of the one building on the base. This is all courtesy of the group currently ensconced there." He says with a smile.
"Also, I believe it would be perfectly appropriate for me now to introduce myself. I am Watashi."

Review of the chips reveals that the information is as detailed as he stated. The base's coordinates, as well as area photographs taken probably only minutes before, show a current gun battle underway.
Back to top Go down
outpost_2
Team Leader
Team Leader
outpost_2

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Clinton Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 3 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 5:08 pm

"alright i can agree 9,000 nuyen up front and 15,000 after we finish." look to the matrix guy... "seriously though if we can get to one of their contractors that deals with the handling of stuff like this i could get in and out without raising suspicion." looks uncomfortable "or i could rig my truck here and we could leave now..." looks around the room "what autosofts do you have for your drones? i could apply mine to your drones if you want the upgrade... i will be able to use them to get this done quickly if you dont mind me borrowing them also..."
Back to top Go down
Dr_Cynic
Runner
Runner
Dr_Cynic

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2010-01-16

Character sheet
Character Name: Alex Roaring Bear
Race: Troll

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 3 EmptySat May 22, 2010 1:50 pm

Alright, do what you want with my drones. I'm going to need about maybe an hour, then we can get underway. He wiped his mouth and put his napkin on his empty plate. Alright, I'm going to see if I can grab a hold of the building plans for the base. He then slumps in his chair, as if he just fell asleep instantly.

As he slipped into the matrix, he took a moment to admire his icon again. It was a gangster type, with medium sized blond hair, amber eyes, and pretty slim. He wore a fedora hat, a pinstripe suit, a red undershirt a white tie, and a pair of circular shades. The nails were painted black, and he had a ring on almost every finger.
Spoiler:

He then got to work. Making his way through the matrix, he looked around for any information on the military base.

Browse 6+ Data search 4+ 2VR Looking for military building blueprints. (12d6=32)
Ugh, 1 hit.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 3 EmptySat May 22, 2010 2:02 pm

The one hit is enough, since it is a matter of semi-public record. The actual blueprints nearly match the recreation sketches based on the observational data gathered from the other team.
Back to top Go down
rcoverdale
Meat
Meat
rcoverdale

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 3 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 10:22 am

To: Uncle Lou

Uncle Lou, there is no help for it now, I agreed. I think we may be leaving soon. Do you think you know anyone who can get decent armor modified for me on such short notice? I have perhaps an hour or two before we leave. If need be I can rely on my magic to some degree, but I would hate to put undue strain on my capabilities.

-V-

After sending the message, Caper turned to the others. "I will require some protection on this run, thusly I will probably need a share of our up front payment to purchase armor. I am not sure my coat will withstand Military armament." he paused a moment and then continued, "Assuming, of course, that it comes to the worst. Better prepared than dead."
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 9:36 am

Vince,

Not a chance. Most of the people I know who deal with that sort of thing work like artists... If it's that important, try to negotiate for it as a part of your deal, and have the J take care of it for you.
You could try some alternate possibilities... Riot Shields are available at Walmart, as are Urban Explorer Jumpsuits.

Lou
Back to top Go down
outpost_2
Team Leader
Team Leader
outpost_2

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 3 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 7:51 pm

I flick my fingers deftly on my comlink and announce to the room "my truck will meet us some distance from here anyone mind giving me a ride to it? We can take sheila to the base and do a quick snatch and grab." then looks at the Watashi "we aren't gonna have to pick up vehicles are we? if we are im gonna need a vehicle trailer for my truck... and I can't just pick that up at the bloody corner store..."
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 3 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 6:50 am

"Well, yes and no. The car has a driver already, but the driver is quite unable to break out of the gates on her own. Directly in front of the car are two bikes. Those you will have to pick up and take with you. But, of course, those are considerably more maneuverable than a car...
"One of them can be driven off site, or into the van, as I have the keycode. The other one has a sophisticated biometric lock on it. It will likely have to be manually lifted into the van, or whatever you will be arriving on site to remove it with."
He smiled, looking directly back. It is somewhat unnerving to have an interactive hologram which can interface with each person directly.
"As I have stated already, provided you are all up for it, a "snatch and grab" job is likely the simplest way to take care of this situation, since the "distraction" has already been arranged. However, I will reiterate that you all are the experts, and your judgement will be the overriding consideration in this case. Your first counter idea seemed quite reasonable."
Back to top Go down
rcoverdale
Meat
Meat
rcoverdale

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 4:34 am

Caper finished up his order at Walmart. One Urban Explorer jumpsuit with helmet, tailored to fit his dwarven stature.

"I can probably lift the bike into the van," he looked around, "If need be. Unless you guys want me astral."

He hopped off the chair and smoothed his shirt before grabbing his coat. "I am going to go pick something up, shouldn't take long. Unless you want to give me a ride so as to stick together."
Back to top Go down
outpost_2
Team Leader
Team Leader
outpost_2

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 9:37 pm

"Well I guess I can have Sheila swing by and pick us all up" I look around absently "And just so you know Sheila is a semi truck not a van she don't quite handle like a van... Know what i mean?" I flick a couple buttons and I reroute sheila to stop right in front of the building and get her to shift the license plate in route. "If we hurry we can probably get this done A.S.A.P. and I can find us a decent safe house for the night... More likely a good back road..."

To: Bender

Hey I might need a place to hide me and some compratiots... any ideas and just a good clear back road would be fine we'll have Sheila

End Transmission
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 8:41 am

To: Samuel

Well, I can find you a couple of good clear back roads heading out of the City. I can also suggest some Truck Stops that are frequented by pass-through truckers. Sheila should fit in just fine in one of those. I have attached the coordinates to my favorite over-night spots. Let me know which you're using so I can stay clear.

End Transmission

Almost as if he were waiting for a note, his response flashes into Sam's commlink immediately.
Back to top Go down
rcoverdale
Meat
Meat
rcoverdale

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 9:27 pm

"I'll be back in a bit, or you can pick me up at Walmart." Caper paused at the door, "Oh, here his my commlink code. Maybe we should all get set up for comms. I'll keep mine open for your numbers. Keep me filled in and if you move from here send coordinates where I should meet up with you."
With that, he headed out to find his scooter and zoom over to pick up his Jumpsuit.
Back to top Go down
outpost_2
Team Leader
Team Leader
outpost_2

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 12:04 am

"Well i think we should all meet on a major road where I can park Sheila" slips on his VR gloves and starts typing away. "Alright lets share com codes so we can start a tac-net. I should be pinging everyone's coms now" pulls out the cords and plugs myself in to my comlink and then dive into sheila "I'm moving Sheila into a decent walking distance so we can all meet at her. sound like a plan?" I absently reply as I move her through the traffic of the city.
Back to top Go down
rcoverdale
Meat
Meat
rcoverdale

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 6:57 am

After picking up his new gear, Caper checked his commlink.

I'm on my way to ...uh Sheila now. How we doing this. I mean...what is the final plan?
As he drove his scooter toward the rendevous point, Caper found himself becoming a bit more....nervous? No, it wasn't nerves, it was anticipation.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 9:05 am

The drive is uneventful, and easy enough. You both arrive at relatively the same time. The road seems a somewhat desolate, tree-lined, dirt road. Chosen, of course, for those very qualities, both of you realize that this is just about perfect for your purposes. As soon as you arrive, you both recieve a mail.

Good evening.
I am wondering, if you are interested in replying to me, whether you have chosen to assault the base this evening, or if you will be pursuing a more extended plan.
Thank you,

Watashi.

The message comes with a reply code embedded.
Back to top Go down
outpost_2
Team Leader
Team Leader
outpost_2

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 10:37 am

To: Watashi

I believe its a form of hit and run... I'm gonna bash in the gate and get to everything as fast as possible. Sheila has about the best armor I can get for now. and so long as I got my help here we should be in and out in less then 10 mins so long as you or my buddy here can cause some kind of diversion far away from where we are so we dont have to much opposition... We ought to do just fine.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 11:34 am

To: Samuel

As I mentioned to you all in the meeting we had, the base was being hit, as we were speaking. The way it turned out, as was expected, was that shortly after they had achieved their objectives, the engagement descended into a shooting skirmish. Since this was our expectataion, this is what caused me to hire you. I suspect that this will be a sufficient diversion, yes?

Last edited by Gala on Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
outpost_2
Team Leader
Team Leader
outpost_2

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 6:38 pm

"So what all do we know about this gate we're crashing?" I look at my riding buddy "you about ready or you got something you need to do first?"
Back to top Go down
rcoverdale
Meat
Meat
rcoverdale

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 12:02 am

"Just need to know how much the bike I am moving weighs, approximately. Where am I moving it to? Who is getting the other two vehicles or do I need to do that also?"
He looked around and then checked the ammo in his guns.

"Oh yeah, and what kind of cover-slash-backup can you give me? I am not fond of putting holes in my brainpan, if you get me."

He thought over his spells a moment. "Basically I am going to levitate the bike that we can't move into something we can move. I might be able to hold up a barrier at the same time if need be, but I don't want to tax myself too much. I need to stay focused for any strays who wander our way."

He checked his guns one more time before pulling on his helmet.

"I'm basically point and click at this time, other than levitating the bike I planned to just play it by ear."
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 7:28 am

OOC: The weight information is on the data chips you were given. You take a quick look at the weight information and note that you are looking at somewhere in the neighborhood of 400 - 450 kilos for each bike. Both will need to be moved. The chips also contain the ignition codes for one of the bikes, and that the other has a Biometric lock on it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Time For Secrets -
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowrun Online :: Library :: Archives :: Archives - :: Dead Runs :: Gala's Games-
Jump to: