Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeA Time For Secrets - - Page 4 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

A Time For Secrets -

Go down 
+2
rcoverdale
Gala
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
rcoverdale
Meat
Meat
rcoverdale

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Character sheet
Character Name: Caper
Race: Dwarf
Sex: Male

A Time For Secrets - - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 11:00 pm

After glancing over the specs on the chips, Caper nodded, almost to himself.

"I should be able to lift the one easy, as long as we have something to haul it in. I can drive the other one, if need be, but nothing fancy, and I have a feeling they might want to chase us, so it'd be better for me to ride shotgun."

Back to top Go down
outpost_2
Team Leader
Team Leader
outpost_2

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Clinton Taylor
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 7:07 pm

"sounds like a plan to me" as I hop over and start the annoying process of strapping myself into my rigger harness "when we get to the gate so long as the gate isnt something substantial I will just ram it full speed and proceed to the pickup site where I will drop a loading ramp for you to load the bikes into the back however the car will have to be pulled in tight to my rear seeing how it already has a driver..." slips the final connnection in and shuts the door. and from a speaker in the cab comes "funny thin having a driver and no way to get out of there but that's beside the point" the truck begins to roll down the road slowly picking up speed. "so I hope your ready" soon as we stop im going to pop the doors to the trailer and get my lynx's to patrol around me just talk at one and I should be able to hear you and maybe i can get them to help you if they dont have to go to the nity grity fighting stuff. if you want in the middle console should be my shotgun you can use it if you"d like and a box of shells but it should be fully loaded."
Back to top Go down
Sureal
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sureal

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2010-06-07

Character sheet
Character Name: Medusa (Face)
Race: Elf
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 8:43 pm

To: Samuel

I was told by Watashi to contact you and a dwarf named caper. I guess I am being brought into this mission. I am still in the city trying to find a way out to you. I guess they thought my talents would be useful to get you guys into the base to recover the vehicles. Let me know your status and what I can do to help you.

Sureal

End Transmission.......................................................................

Back to top Go down
rcoverdale
Meat
Meat
rcoverdale

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 8:54 pm

"Rock on. I just hope I don't get the drek shot out of me. I got my ma's pistols, I should be golden."

Caper eyed the drones before edging over near the passenger door.

"I'll hop out soon as you stop and leave the door wide for the drones." This was half to the meat in the harness and half to the cab of Sheila.

"If there is no immediate barrage of fire I will drop back to the vehicles and start loading them. I can try both at once but it might be too stressful, I will try."

Caper prodded his armor a moment and nodded.

"Two things, first who is driving the van, and second if I pass out can one of your drones drag my rear into the trailer?"

As they drove, Caper pulled his Alta from it's holster and pulled down his goggles, attaching the optics to the smartgun system on the gun.

Last edited by rcoverdale on Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixing typos)
Back to top Go down
outpost_2
Team Leader
Team Leader
outpost_2

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 12:54 pm

"your not very informed on riggers are you? I am in my riggers pod and im 'rigging' my truck. So I'm driving" I go ahead and have my comlink send a message:

To: Sureal

If you could get this gate open and and ready for my instead of having to smash it down Id be much appreciated. also if you can have and express lane with orders for me to be run through with no inspection it'd be great. let me know if you accomplish that otherwise its full force through the front gate.

///End Transmission///

"and i see no reason why one of my lynx's couldn't grab a mouthful of shirt or pants leg and get you back in the truck..."

(OOC: does everyone not realize a Nordkapp Zugmaschine is tractor-trailer combo aka an 18 wheeler truck or Freight-liner truck?)
Back to top Go down
Sureal
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sureal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 1:22 pm

Ok I will try to make that happen. How much time do i have to prob there system before you hit the gate? Just let me know if i need to do this on the fly.
And the no inspections shouldn't be much trouble for me to handle that. I will mark your truck has hauling medical waste no one ever wants to touch that stuff....

///End Transmission///
Back to top Go down
outpost_2
Team Leader
Team Leader
outpost_2

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 2:11 pm

uh... probably about 5 mins I'm almost there. and I really dont like to have sheila get shot up last time that happened she didn't run right for a month... and the medical waste idea is brilliant but why would I bring it on post not off? just dont want to get snagged... thanks for the help!!

///End Transmission///
Back to top Go down
Sureal
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sureal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 2:29 pm

No the medical waste will be for the inspection stops on the way back in to town so you will get a green lights all the way back. Ok will I will have to do this hack on the fly then cross your fingers

///End Transmission///
Back to top Go down
rcoverdale
Meat
Meat
rcoverdale

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 9:52 pm

"Ah..no I understand you're driving the...er...I mean Sheila....but I meant this car, who is driving that?"

Caper ran through the specs on the chips one more time and then checked his guns again. He seemed to be a bit anxious, almost a cross between excited and worried.

"Only met one other rigger though. And never really saw her do too much. Anyway, how's the armor on...Sheila?"

((OOC: for some reason I thought the car everyone kept mentioning was a van...I missed something somewhere haha))

Last edited by rcoverdale on Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Lacking color baby.)
Back to top Go down
outpost_2
Team Leader
Team Leader
outpost_2

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 7:23 pm

"Well i got literally the best I can get on the current market. Just wish it could have been smart armor." I check all the vidds my comlink is rushing to my brain via the datajack and see myself coming up on the gate in a couple miles.

im approaching the gate am I clear? or am I gonna have to break through it?

///End Transmission///

"and too bad that other rigger you must have met must have been a lazy pile of horse manure. also sounds like we may be walked through the gate so if we are make sure to hide your piece. and when you get out to load the vehicles dont flash it around."
Back to top Go down
rcoverdale
Meat
Meat
rcoverdale

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 9:43 pm

"Right-oh," Caper holstered his gun under his coat and pushed his goggles up on his forehead, disconnecting the cable to his gun and tucking it away.

"Walked through? You got someone inside?"
Back to top Go down
Sureal
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sureal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 9:53 pm

To Samuel
From Sureal

Sorry the gate is a bust i cant get into the node in time to get it open for you sorry. I will start to work on the inspections stations so you wont have to stop for them.

///End Transmission///
Back to top Go down
outpost_2
Team Leader
Team Leader
outpost_2

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 9:22 am

"Kinda, looks like watashi got us a new player"

Well that really sucks but thanks for trying.

///End Transmission///

"We are gonna stop at the gate and if they make us do an inspection shes gonna try and get us a pass through." I start up the lynx's just in case i have to do something drastic. "be ready but I think we can get through this just fine."
Back to top Go down
rcoverdale
Meat
Meat
rcoverdale

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 10:13 pm

"Ok, I'll be back in a sec, I am going to go astral and see what I can see, I will zoom ahead and be back to my meat before we get to the gate."

With that, Caper leaned back in the seat and let his mind drift for a moment before taking his Astral form out the front windshield and zooming towards the base.

The goal here was to scout and see if he could see any spirits without tripping crossing onto the base and alerting them that he was snooping.

A quick snoop and run as it were.
Back to top Go down
rcoverdale
Meat
Meat
rcoverdale

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 7:40 am

Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 7:51 am

Caper quickly zips over in the direction he was familiar with from the aerial map of the base. Fortunately, as Caper had learned over the years, the black-and-white aerial maps were not too dissimilar from what Astral looked like, and it was not too difficult to locate someplace by sight, as long as it hadn't changed much since the pictures were taken. Once he got there, it was easy to tell that he was in the right place. There was a VTOL (vertical-take-off-and-landing) plane just starting to level out and head out to sea. There was also a large group of meta's gathered on what was probably the landing field. Some of their auras were dimmer, some brighter. From this distance it was difficult to tell much. He would have to get closer.
Anyway, his impression as he arrived at the base was that there wasn't much in the way of magical security, if any. He knew from experience that stopping and taking a closer look was always a good idea, but his first impression was that this base was managed by Techies...
Back to top Go down
rcoverdale
Meat
Meat
rcoverdale

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 9:23 am

Caper took the info in briefly, considered for a moment and decided to take a few more moments to observe in detail what was going on.

The truck would be a bit closer when he returned to his body, but he should still have a few moments, besides, he was more curious if he had to worry about being counterspelled or fighting off spirits while tryin to levitate the bikes into the back of the trailer.

Perception (4+2) Hits = 3, Assensing (4 + 1) Hits = 1 (Botch)
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 10:16 am

Caper peered carefully at the collection of meta's who seemed to be milling about in the landing field. It was hard for him to tell precisely what they were up to without focusing in on their auras than he was willing to do at the moment. He gave brief thought to pausing further and really paying attention, but his mind was caught up with other things quite quickly. The large group of men "out back" wasn't his primary concern anyway.

Quickly Caper was down to business, taking a fairly careful "buzz" through the parking area, the security checkpoint on the driveway entrance, and the road on the immediate outside. Surprisingly, or perhaps not, he found no trace of magical activity at all. No spirits were patrolling the grounds. No magical traps had been set, and there didn't seem to be any magicians within eyesight either. There weren't even any obviously adept men among the ones out back.
Back to top Go down
Sureal
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sureal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 3:40 pm

Oh great now i am going to have to deal with a smart ass icon after reading the reply form Samuel I was afraid of that ok lets see how tough of a nut this is going to be to crack

I am going to try to hack into the base system first i am going to spoof my data trail and stealth.

Spoof 3 dice + Hacking 4 dice = 2 hits http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2587658/
Exploit 4 Dice + Hacking 4 dice=0 hits Glitch http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2587652/
Stealth 5 Dice = Glitch http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2587662/

Back to top Go down
rcoverdale
Meat
Meat
rcoverdale

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 4:27 am

Caper made a bee-line for his body, a bit curious as to why there would be no magical security, but perhaps the other team had already taken care of that. As his Astral Body merged with his meat he blinked several times.

"Gee mom, five more minutes?" he muttered out loud. Then, shaking his head he sat up straighter and looked toward the approaching base.

"Well, we seem to be clear of Magical threats," he ran his fingers over his gear quietly. "So, that should make my part in this a little easier. If need be, I am going to throw up a barrier between us and whatever wants to kill us, your drones should go around that if they need to engage. I will make it into a wall between the bikes and the enemy should I do so. Hopefully we won't need it."

Caper cracked his neck and did a few in-seat stretches. This was it, this was real. Hopefully this was the road to finding out about his mother. Hopefully he wasn't about to get shot full of holes. Well, damages were paid for...if he survived. Hell, he would survive if anything went down just to get the satisfaction of making the Johnson dish out more Nuyen.
Back to top Go down
Sureal
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sureal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 9:04 am

After getting a cab that would go out to the base sitting back for the ride I hope i am able to get there in time for me to do any good for this job and why cant this cab go any fastersureal closes her eyes to go full VR and see is i can clean up some of this mess these guys are about to run into.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 10:49 am

The collision course:

The new addition to the dwindling team set off as fast as she could, hoping to chart a collision course with her two new team members. While she was in the cab, she decided to trust the Cabbie, and to separate her consciousness from her body, similar to a mage's "Astral Projection" but accessing the Matrix rather than the Astral. Sureal set her mental body in motion, speeding ahead of the cab and her meat, to begin the assault on the Military Base before the rest of the team arrived. She was considering herself, at the moment, to be something like a sniper. Clearing out the heavy artilery before the troops arrived to take care of the grunts.

At the same time, riding shotgun in Sheila, Caper the dwarven magician was steeling his nerves for the drain he was about to recieve. He knew that the job ahead was looking like more and more magic, and less and less meat. A gunslinger and a sniper, it seemed, would be able to keep the place relatively clear while he strained his abilities beyond the maximum in order to accomplish the nearly impossible. All for a huge payout for one night's work. Didn't seem too bad!

As Sureal approaches the Military Compoud, in her Mental Body, of course, she sees a gigantic T-Rex standing guard over a small, human sized hole in the dirt. She knew she was in the right place, but this particularly VR was not the most comfortable of the ones out there. Her first instinct was to check around, see if she had been noticed. She knew that once she was somewhat hidden and secure from prying eyes, she was going to need to analyze the ICE, currently appearing as a T-Rex, as well as the node, which was the human sized hole in the ground. This is not going to be easy...
Sureal: Your fun has just begun! First, roll initiative. Then post your action and the corresponding rolls for it. You will be posting in initiative passes for the near-future.

Caper and Sam: Your fun is beginning as well! Roll initiatives. You are coming up on the gate. It will be 1 or 2 turns ahead, depending on your speed etc. Post your actions and initiatives, and any other applicable rolls.
Back to top Go down
rcoverdale
Meat
Meat
rcoverdale

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 8:43 pm

"Right then, here we come." Caper reached around for something to grab onto, gently, but ready to tighten his grip should they meet an impact or need to crash through the gate.

Caper was ready to cast his Physical Barrier spell if need be, he went over the formula in his head once more and grinned. This was it, his first real run. Sure, he'd stolen a car or two in the last couple of years, but not like this, and not with such a payout or the knowledge that he was on a real-life, honest-to-god run.

The thought that he could die passed briefly through his head, but he put it aside. If his mother could do this her whole life, so could he. And he had his magic besides. Uncle Lou had taught him well, and the rest he learned from his old gang.

"I can do this." He told himself, almost under his breath.

He took a deep breath and leaned forward a bit to better see the destination. "I shoulda brought a frakkin' booster seat."

Initiative Score: 8

Last edited by rcoverdale on Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added init score)
Back to top Go down
Sureal
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sureal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 9:34 pm

As sureal skates near the t rex she slows and ducks down and trys to keep unseen Oh yes now this is going to be fun. Sureal pulls out a pair for binoculars and takes a good look at the big boy standing near the hole i need to get into. Sureal reaches in to her back pack and pulls out a heavy leather coat and slips it on. I hope this will lessen the hurt if i have to tangle with that. Sureal looks around and throws a rock so to distract any one trying to find her

Initiative 11 hits 2 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2596499/

Analyze:3 Computer:4 VR 2 hits 1 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2596531/

Spoof:3 Hacking:6 VR 2 hits 0 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2596534/

Sureal's Icon in VR
A Time For Secrets - - Page 4 Sureal10

Last edited by Sureal on Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
outpost_2
Team Leader
Team Leader
outpost_2

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 9:35 pm

"Alrighty then" I begin to slow Sheila down to make it look like I'm prepared to get walked through the gate. if it doesn't look friendly to me ill just break through. "If they ask why I'm in the cocoon its because... I don't know make it sound good and your here for muscle" I run quick diagnostics on my lynx's to make sure they run at their prime. I send off a quick prayer for luck and maybe just one milk run... but i doubt it. and send my love off to my sister wherever she may be.

(OOC: I cant figure out how to do perception tests cause I look under perception and all it tells me is to have the GM do them for me... I just want to be able to tell if I should stop or run the gate.)

intiative: 14
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Time For Secrets -
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next