Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeLost Technology Run Thread SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Lost Technology Run Thread

Go down 
+2
Kazuki jotaro
SwimmingEagle
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SwimmingEagle
Runner
Runner
SwimmingEagle

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2010-03-22

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Lost Technology Run Thread Empty
PostSubject: Lost Technology Run Thread   Lost Technology Run Thread EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 11:41 pm

It’s a beautiful summer day in downtown Honolulu with all its currently active volcano glory. The High today is 35.5 Celsius, with Winds at 1.5 Kph, with Chance of rain at 2%. The (recorded) crime rate is down and Icy Soy is half off today.
You’re going about your daily routine as you receive a message forwarded to you from a fixer.
“Looking For a job? Mr. Johnson wants to hire you. Good money, out of doors. Nautical and Marine skills helpful but not required. Meet up at Misers Hotel at 32nd and Brown before 5PM, go to the help desk. Drop the name N.T. Filch and you be directed to the meeting place. Come unarmed or at least make weapons clearly visible durring the meeting.”

Last edited by SwimmingEagle on Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SwimmingEagle
Runner
Runner
SwimmingEagle

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Lost Technology Run Thread   Lost Technology Run Thread EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 9:26 am

[[The rules for this thread. and shamless use of new post update thingy]]
  • the Invisable Castle dice rolling site is your freind. Keeps things orderly and cleen.

• Players must post at least once per two days.

• GM posts will be every two days. players who dont post by then will have their characters controlled by me untill you post again.

• Posts must be at least a paragraph (3 sentences) long.

• Keep swearing tasteful

• Use Italics for thoughts and "quotes for speach" Colored dialouge is fun and helpful, however avoid using YELLOW and BLACK

• If you have to edit a post, ask me first. Unauthorised editing can be cheating.

• Have fun!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kazuki jotaro
Team Leader
Team Leader
Kazuki jotaro

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Aries Mason aka Trix
Race: Human Technomancer
Sex: male

PostSubject: Re: Lost Technology Run Thread   Lost Technology Run Thread EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 4:26 pm

Vance is down by the water looking at the view when his com chirps with an incoming message.

~ Looking For a job? Mr. Johnson wants to hire you. Good money, out of doors. Nautical and Marine skills helpful but not required. Meet up at Misers Hotel at 32nd and Brown before 5PM, go to the help desk. Drop the name N.T. Filch and you be directed to the meeting place. Come unarmed or at least make weapons clearly visible durring the meeting.~

Vance sighs and checks the time its about noon its noon now so five hours till meet time, it might be in my best intrest to scope out the hotel and its surrounding area. He arrives at the hotel at 4 after scoping the area and finding nothing outta of the ordinary. Its now an hour till 5pm.He walks into the hotel and walks over to the help desk " I was given a message to meet a Mr. N.T. Filch here?, And i was wondering if you would be able to assist me?"
Back to top Go down
WearzManySkins
Team Leader
Team Leader
WearzManySkins

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2010-05-09

Character sheet
Character Name: WeaZManySkins
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Lost Technology Run Thread   Lost Technology Run Thread EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 6:43 pm

Braid walks down the food marketplace, looking over the various offerings of foods, her tail twitches slowly as she walks. Underneath her mirrored glasses her eyes are constantly scanning those around her near and far.

Hmm I have not seen many of these foods since my life in the Philippines, and most are fresher than I have seen also. Ahh those Lychees look great.

"I will take two please." and hands over the New Yen.

The smell of Lumpiang Sariwa comes to her nose, and she heads the vendor cooking same. Damn that smells great, bet it tastes even better.
she moves to the Lumpiang Sariwa food vendor.

"I will take 4 Lumpiang Sariwa and a cold Red Horse Beer" hands over the New Yen and walks over to a small dining area.

Damn I this is good and the beer blends in well the flavors. She listens to the multilingual conversations going on around her, some she can understand others she can not.

As she finishes her meal, a blinking icon shows in her AR part of her glasses. <<<Incoming Message>>><<Accept>>

Hmm work finally, not too far from here..water...well it could be worse.

Braid tosses her food remains into the nearby trash can for same.

Makes her way to her motorcycle parked at the edge of the food market. Disarms the anti theft system and activates the systems on the motorcycle. Takes a helmet out of side pocket and some riding gloves. Taking the time to put them on she gets onto the motorcycle and programs in her destination.

Braid enjoys the ride towards the hotel, once there she parks her motorcycle, puts away the helmet and gloves.

She adjusts her jacket over her pistol holster under her left arm pit, and pulls it down in back to make sure it covers her blades.

She walks up the desk with the help sign in front.

"I am here to meet N.T. Filch, can you direct me to where I would meet with him or her?"

She gives the person standing there a smile with out showing any fangs.
Back to top Go down
outpost_2
Team Leader
Team Leader
outpost_2

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Clinton Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Lost Technology Run Thread   Lost Technology Run Thread EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 8:35 pm

Walking along the beach the sand sifting between his toes in a fine cascade of tan, Darin is enjoying the sun from the nice morning. suddenly a text scrolls across his vision as he receives a message.

“Looking For a job? Mr. Johnson wants to hire you. Good money, out of doors. Nautical and Marine skills helpful but not required. Meet up at Misers Hotel at 32nd and Brown before 5PM, go to the help desk. Drop the name N.T. Filch and you be directed to the meeting place. Come unarmed or at least make weapons clearly visible during the meeting.”

"Finally. I have been waiting to get a job its been a dry couple of weeks" he says to no one. He raises his ice filled glass of Jack Daniels enjoying the delightful play of the flavors across his tongue and swallowing the delightful fire. "I'm just glad I can be of help again."

As he walks into the hotel at least 2 hours early eyes seem to follow him. perception(1 success)(looking for other people asking for the infamous Mr. Filch) as he sits he just pulls out a small book and proceeds to read until he overhears at least 2 others so he may gauge their skills.
Back to top Go down
onupabadr
Meat
Meat

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Lost Technology Run Thread   Lost Technology Run Thread EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 12:05 pm

Waking to the sunrise, in Hawaii, is a great feeling. Not so great is the hangover that got you stuck outside your home. Luck be it ships are great places to hang hammocks.

James as per is usual docked routine started a press of real coffee, fired up the grill for English muffins, fresh eggs scrambled with fish, pineapple, and spam. and also started his preparations for lunch when the message came in. Unarmed? Deciding on a more storable lunch and late lunch ops from sushi rolls to spam rolls, both meals large enough for a troll, and vacuum sealed, and extra coffee stored in a heating thermos.

Arriving at the Misers at just after 4pm. the Clerk gives James an odd look unsurprisingly. James is wearing his favorite and only pair of coveralls barefoot and smelling of fish and motor oil. As the Clerk motions to the guards to remove James, He says "Donde, I mean where is Senor N. T. Filch?" When the Clerk Directs him to the appropriate local James, Unarmed, detaches his arm and hangs it next to his tool arm on his left hip.
Back to top Go down
Ethereal
Meat
Meat
Ethereal

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2010-07-19

Character sheet
Character Name: Niku
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Re: Lost Technology Run Thread   Lost Technology Run Thread EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 4:08 pm

Most people, let alone tourists would go nowhere near the volcanic lava exuding from the devastated island mountain. Most found the toxic gas and unbearable temperatures cause for seeking a safer environment. For Niku, those things dangers drew him here. His gear set aside safely, Niku stood stoically at the edge of a fissure, gouts of lava lapping and spewing molten froth ever hungry as a living entity working at the rocks below him trying to draw him in. Staring down into the roiling and bubbling liquid crust of the world Niku unphased as a tongue of plasma-red leapt from the pool splashing over him, parting as if an egg smashed over a bald man's head the burning lava did not entirely reach Niku, only searing him mildly. Instead it was rebuffed by the barriers enforcing his will both inside and without. Niku was strengthened his body, by his will, and by the mentor that guided him. Niku's tanned hide only pinkening where others would blister, his mind too did not allow him to flinch where others would have yelped there fear, and the spirits too aided him as he was one with Awakened World. As quickly as the splashing lava was pushed aside, so to were the wounds marking Niku healed over.

Next to Niku stood a spirit of this island a warrior king of traditions long past but not forgotten. Aiding his communion with the sun, the mountain, the worlds life blood boiling up from below, and even the more distant contrastingly blue ocean below, the spirit let no inadvertent harm come to it's...companion Niku. The only forces that were never at Niku's throat was his magic. As far back as his scarred mind and body could remember the magic always held him up, making him stronger, faster, more deadly than any of his enemies ever could conceive.

Soon Niku's meditations came to an end; he had tested the mountains best and found it an equal. If he were to setup a magical lodge he though,"I'd use this place." Spotting that he was done Nku's commlink personality software Cerius piped in to let Niku know that a message had come in,"Call!" And then saying it a second time screaming it like a deranged maniac,"CALL!" Niku didn't so much as have to prompt the message as Cerious forced it onto his eyes," “Looking For a job? Mr. Johnson wants to hire you. Good money, out of doors. Nautical and Marine skills helpful but not required. Meet up at Misers Hotel at 32nd and Brown before 5PM, go to the help desk. Drop the name N.T. Filch and you be directed to the meeting place. Come unarmed or at least make weapons clearly visible during the meeting.”
---

Standing in the lobby of Misers Hotel, the clock striking 4:40PM, Niku reached out with his will to touch the clerk's mind and implant the notion,"Tell where N.T. Filch is and any special features of the meeting place including the muscle he might have brought along." Pausing after getting the information, Niku changes the memories of the Clerk to remember "Slamming the door on Niku's toe, tripping him to land on his face, and the clerk also accidently stepping on his neck while Niku was on the ground." Extending the memory to a day Niku implanted another suggestion for the clerk, "Provide a complimentary real seafood or the houses best on the hotel's ticket for having inconvenienced me earlier."

Getting the information he required Niku walked into the meet impeccably dressed in a sea blue fish and seaweed style matching that of the locals traditional colors. His cyberhair, cyber-hands, and cyber-eyes matching in complimentary colors cycling a aqua to light green made it look as if he were part of the ocean as his skin tattoo's across his face in a pattern of coral were aglow in a mild crimson. All style, Niku strolled in like he owned the place.

On mountain:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2657656/ 4 Successes; all drain successfully resisted. Body improved by four points to equal 7.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2657666/ Improved Reflexes F4 5 Successes 4 Drain DV (5 hits) all drain resisted.

Heightened Concentration: Sustaining Concentration up to 6 points of negative modifiers null.

At Hotel:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2657600/: Force 4 Influence; 7 hits (4 max) Drain DV 4(3 hits) 1 drain stun

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2657616/ F4 Alter Memory 4 hits (4 max) Drain DV 4 (5 hits) all drain gone.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2657627/ F4 Influence; 4 hits (4 max) Drain DV 4 (8 hits) all drain gone.

Final statistics: 7 Body, 4 Initiative Passes; 1 Stun Drain at Hotel lobby.
Heightened Concentration: Sustaining Modifier -4 dice penalty nullified (2 points remaining)
Power Focus R2: Active
Manipulation FOcus R3: Active

Last edited by Ethereal on Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SwimmingEagle
Runner
Runner
SwimmingEagle

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Lost Technology Run Thread   Lost Technology Run Thread EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 5:25 pm

Darin notices a few out of the ordinary people at the help desk; including a Native American business man; A girl with a tail; a dwarf that wore coveralls, no shoes, and smelled of low tide; more than a couple strange Asian people; and a guy with a dolphin hat. Of each individual’s skill he could not be absolutely certain, but they looked like they all have done jobs with a good degree of success.

The help desk is staffed by a young girl with red pigtails, probably not even in her twenties yet. As each of you approach she smiles and says “Welcome to the Misers Hotel! How may I help you?” After hearing your request she looks up as if in deep thought but obviously an act. She then calls over an associate, Speaks a few words you can’t quite hear. She then turns around to you.

(To James)
“Si usted siga my amigo aquí, se le con el Sr. Filch pronto!” She says after thinking a bit. “I hope I said that right…”

(Niku) (missing bits described in Private message)
…“I’m terribly sorry about that! Here! Take this coupon. It’s the best seafood restaurant in the district!” She says exasperated. She nearly shoves the ticket into Niku’s hands and runs away into the employee office. There is also a wad of paper stuck to the ticket.

(To everyone else)
“Sure Just follow him, (pointing to the associate) you’ll be there soon.” She says.
Everyone who follows the associate is lead through the kitchen, up a flight of stairs, down another, and ushered in a room two doors to the right. The room is labeled ‘Conference room NRH’. Inside the room are a classic HD Screen TV, a salad bar, and open self service bar, a small buffet, and A couple chairs and tables. No one is inside except for you and the other job seekers.
Back to top Go down
WearzManySkins
Team Leader
Team Leader
WearzManySkins

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lost Technology Run Thread   Lost Technology Run Thread EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 8:39 pm

Braid looks at those who seem to be getting directions where she is also headed.

Hmm interesting mix, best stay back away from the dwarf, flashy Elf must be face, well I will follow the Flashy one.

<<<Record sensory feeds, Hop Scotch protocol>>>

Braid moves so that she follows the Flashy Elf, to where they are headed, tail slowly moving in sync with her walk. She stays alert as they move to where they are headed. Her Mirrored Bronzed Metal colored sunglasses, face in the direction they are headed with side to side sweeps.

As she enters the conference room she does a slow walk around the various drinks and edibles, then chooses a chair that allows her to most face the big screen but keep the entry door in her field of vision.

At the chair she slowly removes her light jacket and carefully drapes it over the back of the chair, revealing a quick draw shoulder holster with a Ares Predator in the holster with some obvious modifications.

"I am Braid" she says as she gracefully turns to the buffet, revealing across her back in a X formation two bladed weapons each as long as a normal forearm, with signs on the hilt of obvious modifications. The bladed weapons are in a upside down draw.

At the buffet she selects some chop sticks, and plate, then adds a Nigirizushi with a dab of wasabi, adding tako, unagi, anago, ika, and tamago, Makizushi, Narezush, and Lumpiang Shanghai.

The walks over to the bar and selects large Red Horse Beer, then heads back to her chair and sits down.

Once seated Braid, uses chop sticks deftly getting the food off her plate and into her mouth, taking pauses to sip her Red Horse. She watches her fellow companions as she eats.
Back to top Go down
onupabadr
Meat
Meat

PostSubject: Re: Lost Technology Run Thread   Lost Technology Run Thread EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 3:35 am

A Menehune, barefoot, coveralls, smells like ocean and motor oil, must be local talent.

Upon entering the room, James reaches for a chair forgetting his forearm is hanging from his belt, after the second try he simply gives ups and looks about the room. Looking at the buffet and salad bar the is a look of self defeat followed by a quick look into his coveralls. With a big grin he goes over to the cups and pulls off a stack knocking them to the floor from which he pick up one placing it in pocket of his coveralls. Then over to the TV turning it on and flipping it to a soccer game, Argentina vs CAS.

With a swagger of victory he approaches the chair that he had difficulty with just minutes before. James then kicks the chair onto its side and uses it to jump on to the table where he sits facing the TV placing the cup a thermos and several uncut large sushi rolls. When he opens the thermos a strange smell erupts, bad soycaf no wait good coffee. James then starts yelling at the TV in spanish with an unusual accent.
Back to top Go down
Kazuki jotaro
Team Leader
Team Leader
Kazuki jotaro

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lost Technology Run Thread   Lost Technology Run Thread EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 10:01 am

Vance glances over at the buffet seeing as he hasnt ate much in the past few weeks.He's had to ration his food sence funds were not that easy to come by as of late. He glances over at the critter yelling at the tv and sigh thinkin to himself This job better be worth it. He grabs some food from the buffet and takes a seat and takes a few bits savoring the blends of flavor. Vance takes out a note pad and starts to jot down some notes on the food hes eating. He glanced over at the dwarf thats yelling in god knows what language.
Back to top Go down
Ethereal
Meat
Meat
Ethereal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lost Technology Run Thread   Lost Technology Run Thread EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 8:39 am

Satisfied with the results his interaction with the clerk, Niku receives the coupon and pockets in. Confidently he follows the chauffer the young clerk indicates without regard for the various paths they use to arrive. Remaining at the door of the conference room Niku takes note of the various entrances and insecurities of the room. Standing off to the side rather than sitting more flashing than inconspicuous Niku ignored the food bar, RFID's might be in it. Unlike some of the others who revealed their weapons, Niku kept both his Steyr and his boot knife concealed. He had no immediate plans to use either and that should be good enough for Mr. Johnson. To Niku, expecting more of him was an insult, especially that such precautions were only a pretense as he knew the greater extend of his abilities. Truly, Niku felt no danger from any of the occupants at all because if it came down to that, they'd become his allies...

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2661434/ : Security Procedures 0 hits.
Back to top Go down
outpost_2
Team Leader
Team Leader
outpost_2

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lost Technology Run Thread   Lost Technology Run Thread EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 3:20 pm

after watching the group of oddballs and the mage get a free dinner. "great another mage who likes it his way..." I stand up and follow. as everyone goes to the meal I enter the room look around and move to a corner table and watch the social interaction. watching them independent ticks, and the room for security cameras or possible ways of escape just in case of betrayl. perception: 3 hits he opens his coat slightly to show he's armed but only enough that you can tell hes wearing a quick draw holster on his right hip.
Back to top Go down
SwimmingEagle
Runner
Runner
SwimmingEagle

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Lost Technology Run Thread   Lost Technology Run Thread EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 6:57 pm

A few minutes after everyone was inside, the TV turns off suddenly. The wall opens up next to it. A man wearing a business suit walks out. He is stocky, and old. His wrinkles and white balding hair are evidence to that. He has a multitude of facial scars. Most noticeably is one that stretches across his nose and over his left eye. A pair of bifocals rests on his nose. Behind him, a woman follows, also wearing a business suit. She is a full 6 feet tall. Her silver hair shines in the conference room light. She looks very mature, like in her late thirties. She has what looks like a streamlined metal jaw that has a wire running from it to her commlink. Her eyes are a crystal blue, and obviously cybernetic. While the man’s suit is very conservative, her suit looks almost designed to attract attention. The man pulls a table in front of the TV.

“I’m Mr. Johnson. I’m glad you all could make it here. Everybody eat?” he says looking over the crowd.
“Good. Everyone sober?” He said taking a final glance over the bar area.
“Close enough… I want you all to know, that this run is both highly lucrative but also very dangerous. No one is on the line yet so if that doesn’t sound like your particular brand of Sythahol. Help you self to as many snacks as you want and have a nice day.”
(He waits for a minute)
“Okay then, I would like everyone to take a look at this picture.”

(A picture appears on the television screen. In it, a group of armed men are making their way through a crowd of people. In the middle of the group is teen aged girl, Caucasian, with black hair and green eyes wearing jeans and a button up jacket. She has a passive yet intense expression on her face.)

(Waits for a minute before blowing up the picture to focus more on the girl. The woman starts handing out hard copies of those pictures.)
“Any of you recognize her?”

[[Roll Knowledge checks relevant to news stories or recent history. make your rolls in the OOC Thread]]
Back to top Go down
outpost_2
Team Leader
Team Leader
outpost_2

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lost Technology Run Thread   Lost Technology Run Thread EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 9:23 pm

"not at all" looks around to the others "should I? my main thing is does it really matter if we know her or is it just something your throwing out there to pique our interest?"

He runs his hand along his leg just below his pistol. the familiarity of his arms movements like a constant motor tic when he is starting to become annoyed. he taps intently on the table while looking around slightly nervously. "is it just me or are more parties involved in this?" I glance at something i spotted near the ceiling.
Back to top Go down
onupabadr
Meat
Meat

PostSubject: Re: Lost Technology Run Thread   Lost Technology Run Thread EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 10:32 pm

James stares at the photo for a while, to no success. Shakes his head, and starts gnawing on his stump of an arm followed by a look of satisfaction.

"We find this girl for you?"

Glares at his arm.

"alcohol free for us?"
Back to top Go down
Kazuki jotaro
Team Leader
Team Leader
Kazuki jotaro

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lost Technology Run Thread   Lost Technology Run Thread EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 7:22 pm

Vance looks up at the johnson. Clearing his throat preparing to speak as he looks over at the photo "Why is this girl of interest?, Did she piss off the wrong people,or something? Or is she the target?" He sits there waiting, Curious on why such a high payout for a girl like this if she wasn't of great importance in so form or another. Vance rests his hand on the table taping his fingers waiting for a response to his questions.

perception 3+ logic 4=7
Perception test 3 hits
Back to top Go down
WearzManySkins
Team Leader
Team Leader
WearzManySkins

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lost Technology Run Thread   Lost Technology Run Thread EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 9:01 pm

Braid looks carefully at the image of the girl, declines taking one of the handed out pictures. Taps her glasses as she declines.

Keeps on eye on the fem assistant with the metal jaw, at one point as she moves around handing out the images, looks her over head to toe, lingering on certain spots.

Obvious chromed fem, wonder what other surprises she has. Metal jaw has some possibilities. But she is dressed to draw take attention they means she is prepared to do what she has to do.

Well interesting comments from some of my fellow team mates. But typical of Hangers, what a fem has to do to keep sushi on the table.

"I do not recall hearing about anyone who looks like her. But that does not matter much, you are paying us to get her I am guessing. If you are seeking a Wet Job on her, best provide data to back up same/justify. The Armed Guys that I do not need any data." Smiles showing long fangs both upper and lower.

"Some types of Hangers, I will give you a discount on my services." Closes mouth, no longer showing off fangs but still a smile.

Braid waits, and stays alert to all going on around her, looks at her display reading from her nanohive, watching the alcohol being neutralized.

Pity Red Horse no longer has the punch it used to have so many years ago.

Back to top Go down
SwimmingEagle
Runner
Runner
SwimmingEagle

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Lost Technology Run Thread   Lost Technology Run Thread EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 12:40 am

The Female Assistant looks up in the general direction of where Darin was glancing. She then turns to her employer and, after a few seconds, walks out of room through the door you entered.

“It’s not surprising you don’t know. It Is pretty old news. I was hoping I could save some breath.” The Old Man says. He reaches into his suit jacket and pulls out an inhaler. He takes a long drag off of it before continuing.

“The girl in the middle there is Selene Kane, daughter of Malachi Kane the CEO of Kane Supertech. She was Kidnapped Sixteen years ago by a terrorist group called Via Humanitas. The group itself is extremely anti-augmentation, and they kidnapped Selene because she was Cyberised to promote her father’s products. A lot of them had capabilities that put current cyberwear to shame. (The TV shows a clip of a press conference with Selene and her father. Selene pulls back her hair to show off a stylized datajack at the base of her neck.) Knight Errant raided their safe houses to find her but she was nowhere to be found. Then the Crash happened. Everyone was too busy dealing with that chaos to think of looking for her again.” He says, his eyes seemingly replaying the evens in his own head.

Everyone hears a faint pop coming from behind you.

“Then these photos showed up. They were taken two days ago by a satellite scan one hundred Kilometers south of this very city. (A Picture of what looks like a rustic supersized Oil rig shows up on the TV) This is an old Underwater Mining and processing Rig, home to a black market bazaar and the staging area for Via Humanitas. At first it was thought to be faked, but we checked it out anyway. An advance team went ahead to confirm her identity the area. They sent DNA data that matched her medical records before we lost contact with them.”

The woman walks back in taking off blue latex medical gloves saturated in blood. She disposes of them in a waste bin by the drinks. The Man and The Woman exchange a nod.

“Your job is to retrieve Selene as unharmed as possible. As a secondary objective you are to find out what happened to the advance team. A bonus will be given if you do so, a bigger one if you can rescue one of them. You'll be paid 50,000 a head; 10,000 up front.”
He wraps up.
(He pauses and waits for questions)
Back to top Go down
Ethereal
Meat
Meat
Ethereal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lost Technology Run Thread   Lost Technology Run Thread EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:10 pm

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2669081/: Security Systems and Security Procedures(Public places) test: (Glitched)1 Hit and 2 Hits respectively.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2669104/ Untrained Etiquette test. 7 Charisma -1 die. 0 hits.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2669302/ Composure to overlook Helga's bloody knuckles which I presume squashed someone's head like a grape; Judge Intentions for any gut feelings concerning the old man's personal connection to the girl. 6 hits and 2 respectively.

Observing the girl and the newer data concerning the DNA Niku sighs, loudly betraying the effort at collected calm on his face. Stepping forward singling himself out, Niku bluntly states in Japanese,"Given that they were likely made, I'd think the security has ramped up since they got inside or is this terrorist group singly not a part of the markets leaders? If they are, they'll likely watch anyone who has never proven their nuyens good. Can we walk in with what we want and what will our cover be?" Looking at the man while cocking his beautiful elven head, Niku asked without the courtesy he probably intended as he became too wrapped up in the details,"Is this girl Selene more to you than the resource she appears?"
Back to top Go down
outpost_2
Team Leader
Team Leader
outpost_2

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lost Technology Run Thread   Lost Technology Run Thread EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 8:47 pm

"good question" i pause for dramatic effect. "But if this picture is of a 16 year old girl. and that clip is of the same girl... how did she not age between then and now? everything I now in the bioengeneering field, which happens to be a significent amount, no person is able to delay healing like that unless it is a clone or something..." i look about the room. "i am in just for the intrigue this may be able to give to the medical fields for our upcoming generations."
"with that Im definetly in. and I'll be the teams medic. I have SF training and have a degree in transgenic biology."
Back to top Go down
onupabadr
Meat
Meat

PostSubject: Re: Lost Technology Run Thread   Lost Technology Run Thread EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 8:44 am

After taking a large bite that finishes off his spam roll and chewing for a minute, The expression on James' face lights up?
Without finishing chewing, "Sea rig bazaar? Is it run by Humanity?"

Leaving his trash on the table James goes over to the bar and browses the different alcohols and synthahols.
Back to top Go down
WearzManySkins
Team Leader
Team Leader
WearzManySkins

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lost Technology Run Thread   Lost Technology Run Thread EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 11:03 pm

Braid turns her head so she gets a good direction of the pop sound.

Watches the Fem come back with bloody gloves and continues to eat, while watching dispose of the gloves.

Continues to listen to what the Johnson is saying.

Hmm Via Humanitas need to search on that for more information. Wonder how they react to changelings or changeling wannabes. Yes the Fem is chromed set, no mistakes with her around.

Datasearch 3 hits

Listens the questions and banter going on after the Johnson explained the mission, waits to see what answers are forthcoming. Notes what the new team's self appointed medic says about his skills.

"Exactly how strong is Via Humanitas reaction to augmentation?" Taps engraved datajack in her left temple. "I am a sneak, and some what of a weapons user, call me Braid."

Puts away her chop sticks, and sets her plate down with no sushi left on the plate. Tail flickers briefly, around her legs, then goes still.
Back to top Go down
SwimmingEagle
Runner
Runner
SwimmingEagle

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Lost Technology Run Thread   Lost Technology Run Thread EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 4:12 pm

“There are two known ways in. One is to pose as a perspective buyer or seller. A few passwords and protocols and you’re in. These passwords change daily but are fairly easy to get. However, this is how the advance team got in and they may have upped security since then. The second way to get in is by diving. (The TV screen changes to some schematics of the rig.) Below the water level is a small dock used for underwater structural repairs. Dive in under and up and you will be in.” The man says drawing a line to a point under the rig schematic.

“Selene is valuable to my employers for the reason I stated earlier. The Cyber ware in her body has specs higher than top of the line products being produced today. The fact that she’s barely aged at all in sixteen years is proof of that.” He stops to clear his throat. “Moving on.”

“The Bazaar was there before Humanitas. Their relationship is more along the lines of a hotel and tenants of the penthouse suite. They do business, they are they are friendly to each other, but wholly separate. The Bazaar was there first. Humanitas is just using the extra space.” He states.

“As for their stance on augmentation, it varies on a case to case basis. The extremes range from chucking rocks to, most famously, forcibly removing ware in public view. These members in particular are fairly tolerant. The Bazaar sells a lot of second hand ware and so far Humanitas hasn’t done anything particularly hostile, as far as we know.” The man suddenly doubles over in a coughing fit. It lasts a bit. He takes a draft off his Inhaler. He motions to his assistant as he sits down. The Female assistant turns to the group.

“It is important to state that there is a timeframe. You WILL begin the mission five days from now.” She sounds confidant, to the point, a hint brazen, and oddly nurturing.
“After insertion you will have support from us for 6 hours. After that, other than extraction at the designated location, you’re on your own.”

“If you don’t show up at insertion you will owe us 10,000 nuyen. Please, don’t owe us 10,000 nuyen.” She glances to the trash bin with the bloody gloves.
Back to top Go down
outpost_2
Team Leader
Team Leader
outpost_2

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lost Technology Run Thread   Lost Technology Run Thread EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 3:50 pm

(sorry for any errors but im doing this on my phone at work)
"im too intrested in her 'ware to owe the 10k." he looks to the group "whats everyones speciality?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost Technology Run Thread   Lost Technology Run Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Lost Technology Run Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next