Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeOOC - We Be Gangers - Page 12 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

OOC - We Be Gangers

Go down 
+7
Suspect
wngd_phantom
Drugged dwarf
Kazuki jotaro
Ghostmaker
Forged
Gala
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Priest Sarah Gaven
Race: ork
Sex: female

OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 12 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 6:25 am

5-30 seconds for unconsciousness depending on how big he is, 2-5 minutes till death from asphyxiation. Either way, that's at least 2 combat turns till the guy is out. It's not a matter of strain, but of how much oxygen is in the blood stream. I think from a gm's stand point, it would be a stamina check, so body + will I think, health of the person plus the (meta)human will to live.

As far as ghost continuing to maneuver, those would be a serious of subduing checks, your normal unarmed combat roll +/- any modifiers (bet you wish you took a martial arts like wrestling now aren't you?), then its your Strength + net hits compared to his Body, the bad guy is immobilized if your score is greater obviously. To break out of the lock, the defender must take a complex action (well duh, it's melee) and succeed in a strength + unarmed combat test with a threshold equal to the net hits scored on the grappling test, if he fails, he's still your bitch.

During this bit o' grappling you can maintain the grapple by using a complex action, but you can also try to get a better grip by performing yet another unarmed combat attack test. The defender defends as per normal, but you get the Superior position bonus. You can also inflict stun damage equal to your strength, which can be resisted as normal stun damage and he gets to include impact armor. Lastly, you can also try to knock him/her down using the rules for attacking to knock down, you get the superior position bonus.

This was all basically quoted from the core rule book, pages 150-152, don't mess with a man who hasn't slept in 3 days straight.

Last edited by wngd_phantom on Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 12 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 6:27 am

Thanks Phantom i knew i could count on you for rules should have just asked you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 12 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 6:29 am

You're welcome, now time for shower, sleep, then post, then work, not necessarily in that order.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 12 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 6:43 am

OK so up to Gala however you want to do it let me know i think phantoms got the idea though and yeah as for martial arts specialization i wanted to do it in game to reflect his growth in game see how that works Good
RP can not be faked people. l read the same rules phantom "" so yeah im feel the same way but ill wait for BIG G

I will forgo the stun damage as its probably not going to make it threw armor he's got sooo yeah there that. I just want him to shoot his friends if anyone and not get loose lol so yeah i think we good till G rules im not going to further maneuver that's it for me.

OH i like the description Phantom gave us for the choke thing as far as time is concerned i cant tell you when how many times i had trouble putting people to sleep cause i did not know how long to hold them usually someone broke it up but darn i was close lol and in class they always tap so you the only way in RL i could close someones eyes is tap that jaw. So thanks phantom now i know but i don't really fight anymore kinda childish and its a kids game really.

So i edited my post to reflect my intent not going for a better grip just explaining the one i have and raising the gun arm i assume he's more concerned with choking then with where his gun is pointing lol i hope...
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 12 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 7:30 am

Yeah Ghost; that's just a fail... I don't get to do fun things to you, like a malfunction in your Wired-Reflexes in your arm... Ahh, critical glitches are just SO MUCH FUN! You all should try and get them more often!
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 12 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 7:32 am

mumbles about hating Glitches and getting bad rolls fragging dice gods... Mad
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 12 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 3:57 am

Jason/KJ; need a post out of you.
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 10:18 am

I'll try to get my posting to be more frequent, sorry this one took me three days to get up.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 10:20 am

Your doing better then me dude lol Laughing
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 12:07 pm

kaz, we're at completely different locations, you guys are at a warehouse, i'm at their Gang hang out.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 10:04 am

Ghost: It's a simple question regarding Body choking the guy out. You do damage while in subdual. When your damage exceeds his stun capacity, he passes out. The rules are actually quite clear on that. Further, a good choke would be a called shot; and called shots do, wait for it: more damage! Therefore, they choke the guy out faster! Let me know if you followed all of that.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 10:10 am

KJ: Jason already had his weapon out, so you don't need to draw it.

[EDIT]: Also, you're right behind the wall of the warehouse, and you saw shooting. Jason has a clear picture of who the enemies are, and where to find them.
Roll a perception, as a free action, at the beginning of your turn.

1 Success or more will keep you from shooting at Body. Failure will give me a random chance that you shoot at him. Critical Glitch, and that random chance becomes no longer random.

[EDIT 2]: My guess is that, if given a chance, the group would prefer for you to shoot with both of your simple actions, not taking aim... But that's just my guess.
Back to top Go down
Kazuki jotaro
Team Leader
Team Leader
Kazuki jotaro

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Aries Mason aka Trix
Race: Human Technomancer
Sex: male

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 12:05 pm

ill edit my post and add my perception roll
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 1:51 pm

KJ: Thank you for adding the perception roll. The 2 successes is more than enough to guarantee that you don't hit Body because you didn't see him.

Now, you don't need to take aim, but we do need to know what you want to do with your turn. Here are the options:

Choose a target and fire. You may do this twice.
Choose a target and take aim. You may do this twice.
Choose a target, take aim, then fire. This is a full round choice.
Hold action.

It sounds like you want to Hold Action, but I need you to actually say that before I can move on.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 12 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 3:35 am

Dwarf: I love your descriptions, but you're going to have to come up with new ones. That roll is is neither a failure, nor a glitch. That roll is a success. Go ahead and re-type, and let me know when you've updated.

I am not expecting Duke to post in, since Havick got called back to war. I will NPC him until he says otherwise. But Tink, you're up.

[EDIT]: Dwarf: for future situations: a Glitch ONLY occurs when you have 1/2 of your dice come up as 1s. Further, a Glitch does not automatically constitute a failure; a failure occurs when you do not reach your target number of successes. So you CAN have BOTH a Glitch and a Success. What happens is up to the GM; but often it will turn out that the success occurred in a strange way.
Furthermore, your description would have been closer to a Critical Glitch, rather than a normal Glitch. Critical Glitches only occur if you have a Glitch (1/2 or more of your dice come up as 1s) AND you have 0 successes.
Back to top Go down
Drugged dwarf
Runner
Runner

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2010-09-15

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 12 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 4:33 am

Oh Gala, I was reading up Quick draw, and it showed that you needed 3 successes to quick draw a weapon if you don't have a Quick draw holster, so I definately failed the test. But I am MORE than happy to change my description and shoot the bastards in the face. Really. Seriously let me shoot someone. I will totally love you.

You're right. I misread the dice and thought I had glitched, I will edit that. I saw so many 1s I couldn't focus between the tears.

Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 12 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 7:18 am

3 1s? Caused tears? Wow, that keeps things interesting for me... I should show you some of MY rolls. Or Ghostmakers! He actually DID get a Critical Glitch earlier!

A failed Quickdraw does not cause you to drop the weapon, it simply means that the action of drawing your weapon takes the full simple action instead of allowing you to draw and fire in the same action. Your turn includes two simple actions. The first is to draw your weapon. The second may be to shoot, if you desire it. Read a little past the rules for success, and you will see what happens when you fail. It's right there in the book.
Back to top Go down
Drugged dwarf
Runner
Runner

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2010-09-15

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 12 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 8:28 am

Yeah... The drop was because I thought I had glitched.

Anyway, my post is changed. I drew (slowly), then paniced and headed for cover.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 12 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 11:32 am

Thanks Dwarf. I noticed that you're running for cover. While that is an admirable survival tactic, you're already behind the sheet-metal siding for the building. I posted that in for you, and the rest of the team, at the end of the last round. You may update that if you wish, or leave it as is.

In the mean time: Tink/Duke, you two have until Phantom posts in for Leon before I move the plot forward in your absence.
Back to top Go down
Kazuki jotaro
Team Leader
Team Leader
Kazuki jotaro

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 12 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 8:38 pm

thanks tink use me as a troll shield why dont you i know how it goes the more mass in front of moving projectiles the more protection one with less body size has lol
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 12 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 12:10 pm

Ok KJ, your action was held. It's use it or lose it time now. Everyone else has gone.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 12 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:45 pm

Tink: good shooting.

KJ: You have to roll your shot. Sliverguns are kickin' weapons. But you have to roll your pistols+agility so that I can see if you hit.
Back to top Go down
Kazuki jotaro
Team Leader
Team Leader
Kazuki jotaro

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 12 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 6:22 pm

on it
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 12 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 4:11 am

KJ: FYI: you can re-roll that six, since you used edge. I took the liberty of doing so for you, and I got a 5. So you have 2 hits, not just 1.

Guys, I will post up in a few hours. I am heading to work now.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 12 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 5:03 am

Ghost: That doesn't cost you your turn, and you still need to take your turn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

OOC - We Be Gangers
Page 12 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next