Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeOld and locked Past tense OOC - Page 3 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Old and locked Past tense OOC

Go down 
+5
Jagger
Kouryuu.LV
Sly Hound
Larzarus
Darkon
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
PresentPresence
Team Leader
Team Leader
PresentPresence

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2010-07-31

Character sheet
Character Name: яөъөсөр
Race: Human After All
Sex: French

Old and locked Past tense OOC - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old and locked Past tense OOC   Old and locked Past tense OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 9:28 pm

I'm all for more money, but we did get the take split between the three instead of five of us. I figured that the Johnson had given us all he had needed and was dismissing us by way of the toast. Usually it's a Shadowrunner's job to do the legwork and surveillance and figure out how to get into the place. He's given us the blueprints and some information about the security measures, saving us a lot of time and hacking. I figure the next course of action is to meet between ourselves, get to know each other, do some legwork, devise a plan, and then perform the job. This seems like more of an audition then anything, really. We should be happy that we're even getting paid. Just my two nuyen! I didn't mean to rush the plot along too fast, I just thought that Darkon had meant to bring the meet to a close.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2011-03-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Kouryuu.LV
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Old and locked Past tense OOC   Old and locked Past tense OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 1:17 am

PresentPresence wrote:
I'm all for more money, but we did get the take split between the three instead of five of us. I figured that the Johnson had given us all he had needed and was dismissing us by way of the toast. Usually it's a Shadowrunner's job to do the legwork and surveillance and figure out how to get into the place. He's given us the blueprints and some information about the security measures, saving us a lot of time and hacking. I figure the next course of action is to meet between ourselves, get to know each other, do some legwork, devise a plan, and then perform the job. This seems like more of an audition then anything, really. We should be happy that we're even getting paid. Just my two nuyen! I didn't mean to rush the plot along too fast, I just thought that Darkon had meant to bring the meet to a close.
yes and yes, but I just do not want to stand down that easy, for a snob Like Valkyrie that would not work. She has to have the last word, even if she risks to leave without getting the job. and Darkon needs a challenge sometimes too. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Old and locked Past tense OOC   Old and locked Past tense OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 10:27 am

Sometimes a challenge is fun. Other times, challenging your boss gets you fired. Wink But a runners life is full of risks.

For the plot, we have all the time we want. And if you want to draw out the meeting for RP, I'm all for it. Very Happy I just don't want to bore you.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Old and locked Past tense OOC   Old and locked Past tense OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 12:29 pm

Kouryuu, how can you have 11 dice for Negotiations?
You have 0 ranks in the skill, which makes it an attribute-only test for you. So that means you're defaulting which gives you a -1 modifier. That leaves you with 6 dice for the test.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Old and locked Past tense OOC   Old and locked Past tense OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 12:32 pm

Thank you for pointing that out Jagger. I was a bit confused.

I haven't GMed any 4th edition games yet, so please bear with me.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Old and locked Past tense OOC   Old and locked Past tense OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 12:46 pm

You're welcome, Darkon. And you're doing fine. Its tough to keep track of everything at the same time. Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Old and locked Past tense OOC   Old and locked Past tense OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 12:58 pm

I do my best. Wink
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Old and locked Past tense OOC   Old and locked Past tense OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 2:20 pm

Jagger wrote:
Kouryuu, how can you have 11 dice for Negotiations?
You have 0 ranks in the skill, which makes it an attribute-only test for you. So that means you're defaulting which gives you a -1 modifier. That leaves you with 6 dice for the test.
Its Charisma 7 - 1 defaulting +5 edge = 11
and when defaulting i can ad edge. at least as far i know.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Old and locked Past tense OOC   Old and locked Past tense OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 5:29 pm

Ok, my bad.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Old and locked Past tense OOC   Old and locked Past tense OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 5:37 pm

Jagger wrote:
Ok, my bad.
i usually put in the math in the roll itself so the GM can follow it. i think it's much easier, and lets the gm see that you do the rolls, not only the number you think you roll.
Back to top Go down
PresentPresence
Team Leader
Team Leader
PresentPresence

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2010-07-31

Character sheet
Character Name: яөъөсөр
Race: Human After All
Sex: French

PostSubject: Re: Old and locked Past tense OOC   Old and locked Past tense OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 5:43 pm

Same here, saves the GM some trouble.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Old and locked Past tense OOC   Old and locked Past tense OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 1:52 pm

Just RP wont throw the Run, just because My Lady dislikes one of the runner, and if in truth taking all the Money and walking outside was a bit over the top if we consider the group met just a few minutes back, earning trust is hard losing the small amount you are given at the start is even worse.
Dakota will have to prove himself in Valkyries eyes or she will keep on hating him.

But this might be a good RP challenge king
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Old and locked Past tense OOC   Old and locked Past tense OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 4:19 pm

Considering it was Valkyrie who 'introduced' herself by smack-talking over Dakota's name, then repeatedly hustling the Johnson for more money after he'd clearly stated his position, then acting as if she'd walk out of the meeting, then threatening Dakota... who has to prove whose self?

Dakota is a Thrillseeker, which means he's prone to jump into any situation that looks exciting without considering the implications (ie: compensation, danger, personal risk.) I'm just playing true to the character's stats.

And, last but not least, if you wanted to be a Face, then you should have been a Face.

And yes, it looks like there's lots of roleplaying potential here.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Old and locked Past tense OOC   Old and locked Past tense OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 4:44 pm

Jagger wrote:
Considering it was Valkyrie who 'introduced' herself by smack-talking over Dakota's name, then repeatedly hustling the Johnson for more money after he'd clearly stated his position, then acting as if she'd walk out of the meeting, then threatening Dakota... who has to prove whose self?

Dakota is a Thrillseeker, which means he's prone to jump into any situation that looks exciting without considering the implications (ie: compensation, danger, personal risk.) I'm just playing true to the character's stats.

And, last but not least, if you wanted to be a Face, then you should have been a Face.

And yes, it looks like there's lots of roleplaying potential here.
Very Happy

You just keep on giving me stuff to play with.
like it.
as for Valkyrie, she was a bit cold at the beginning, and she only once asked for more cash, as no one else even tried to negotiate. she was surprised no one else did. then this is a part that they where there for to come to the terms of the agreement. and she did succeed and that gives her the high ground in her mind, that she did and got what Dakota even did not try.
and I built her as a Combat mage, not a face. but she had the largest potential from the group. I think the Face did not make the show, so we lack one.

Took out the last part of my IC post from it and placed here so we can have some more RP and have forgot to add the power foci dice. So Drakon should i roll a new one or just the additional dice?
PP you are welcome to join and Say your word.

IC wrote:
When at home Valkyrie did her best to summon a powerful Guardian Spirit
the Drain was Hard on her.

Last edited by Kouryuu.LV on Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nekosune

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2011-11-05

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Old and locked Past tense OOC   Old and locked Past tense OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 12:22 pm

Hello all, my name is Kat, often go by Nekosune, I will be the Hacker Darkon brings in, juust as soon as I can get my character sheet to something playable.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Old and locked Past tense OOC   Old and locked Past tense OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 12:45 pm

nekosune wrote:
Hello all, my name is Kat, often go by Nekosune, I will be the Hacker Darkon brings in, juust as soon as I can get my character sheet to something playable.
Nice seeing you.
Back to top Go down
nekosune

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2011-11-05

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Old and locked Past tense OOC   Old and locked Past tense OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 12:48 pm

Kouryuu.LV wrote:
nekosune wrote:
Nice seeing you.
Likewise.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Old and locked Past tense OOC   Old and locked Past tense OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 1:17 pm

Welcome to the team Nekosune.

I know Nekosune some time now. And I know her well. I invited her to this site and this game. I hope you will all get along fine. Your life may depend on it. Wink
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Old and locked Past tense OOC   Old and locked Past tense OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 1:21 pm

Darkon wrote:
Welcome to the team Nekosune.

I know Nekosune some time now. And I know her well. I invited her to this site and this game. I hope you will all get along fine. Your life may depend on it. Wink
Hope she will get along too,
Valkyrie and Dakota is enough for me.
and it will get better
by the way there is a pending question for you in my post about mistake in the summoning roll
how would you like to correct it?
should i make a new roll?
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Old and locked Past tense OOC   Old and locked Past tense OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 1:56 pm

Doesn't the spirit have a roll too? And your drain has to resist it's successes?

Roll the extra dice anyway. And add the successes to the ones you already have.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Old and locked Past tense OOC   Old and locked Past tense OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 1:58 pm

Darkon wrote:
Doesn't the spirit have a roll too? And your drain has to resist it's successes?

Roll the extra dice anyway. And add the successes to the ones you already have.
I am used that the opposed test is rolled by the GM, but if in your games i have to roll them then i am ok with that.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Old and locked Past tense OOC   Old and locked Past tense OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 2:05 pm

It makes things easier and with invisiblecastle it stays fair, I think.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Old and locked Past tense OOC   Old and locked Past tense OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 2:06 pm

Darkon wrote:
It makes things easier and with invisiblecastle it stays fair, I think.
OK, then i will make the rolls, and it makes it easier tfor me to see what and how it ends and it takes just one roll
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Old and locked Past tense OOC   Old and locked Past tense OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 2:13 pm

Indeed. And I am sure we're all capable of playing out glitches when they come up. Wink
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Old and locked Past tense OOC   Old and locked Past tense OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 2:19 pm

Darkon wrote:
Indeed. And I am sure we're all capable of playing out glitches when they come up. Wink
Nope, glitches are meant to be determined by the GM.
cuz they can be used to change the flow of the game. they might be a good tool in your hands and i for one would not like to decide on them myself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old and locked Past tense OOC   Old and locked Past tense OOC - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Old and locked Past tense OOC
Page 3 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next