Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeMoral Test - Page 2 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Moral Test

Go down 
+2
Azonalanthious
taniwhaiti
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ictoagn

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-08-20

Moral Test - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moral Test   Moral Test - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 8:55 am

Ike was in deep concentration the entire time, mostly studying how effective negotiations went down. Still, he could tell what was happening. On the way out, he studied the club for one last time. This is a terrible place. Why would anyone willingly come here? He didn't ponder it, he just walked out. Receiving the message on his commlink, he thought for a minute. "I'm all for legwork, but I don't know about him seeing us. At least not this early. If he thinks someone's after him, he might get the wrong idea. Or the right one, from his point of view."
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Moral Test   Moral Test - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 9:48 am

Walking out with the others, Neko shakes her head as she hears the hacker's message. "No, it would be best if we didn't see him until we were ready to strike. People get too cautious when they think someone's trying to kill them. A better bet would be to pay a visit to this investigator Mrs. Johnson hired, and see if we couldn't get a copy of the information he gave her. If we're lucky, his files will have all the data we'll need on Muller's activities to plan a proper ambush. If not, we can work with our contacts in order to come up with something. By the way, you can call me Nekomusume."
Back to top Go down
Jimb011
Team Leader
Team Leader
Jimb011

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Character sheet
Character Name: Dex
Race: Human
Sex: M

PostSubject: Moral Test   Moral Test - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 11:43 am

Reaper moves in past the bouncers with only the words "Mrs. Johnson" on his lips. He moves over through the thoroughfares of the club and sees that he is late. maybe he shouldn't have stopped that mugger a few blocks back, maybe he should have just left it all alone. But then again spray-painting the hapless mugger's tee-shirt with Fear the reaper gave him a great sense of satisfaction.

Now it was to the task at hand. he approached the table in his full battle-gear. his helmet blocked his identity only slightly but it was his strength and skill that could easily allow him to escape any trouble. He didn't care what others saw of him or w He moved over to the table and his eyes narrowed. Working with others didn't bother him as much as working with their motives and methods Greed, killing indiscriminately, and the sheer rush of things did not appeal to him. Playing with peoples lives for corporate greed left a sour taste whenever he thought about it.

He decided to stay incognito until the negotiations were finished. he tried to position himself outside the view of the Johnson while obviously showing he was part of the runners seated around by sitting next to them. Which in fact he was. He just didn't want the Johnson to see him so if things turned bad he could get the drop on her.

Shadowing 3 hits
Infiltration two hits
(ooc don't know if these were the right skills to use) Opposition has -4 to see me and -4 to hear me due to Ruthenium coating and Traceless walk.

When he heard what this suit wanted it was like his stomach suddenly tightened into knot the size of a dragon. He was immediately conflicted. Sure taking out a corporate sleaze was one thing...the only thing in fact. But he had not anticipated the amount of coldness or desperate nature of another, more sleazy, wage-slave.

A Wet-work operation; really? on his first major run?

When the girl pulled out the recorder he grinned inside his helmet.

Clever

As soon as the negotiations were done he followed the group out side and decided to introduce him self.

"I am Reaper, What madness have you gotten me into concerning work for someone of a desperate and untrustworthy nature? I know it is wet-work, but I was late to the meeting and wish to know what possessed all of you to take this run of, what I think, concerns dubious background, motives and drek pay."
Back to top Go down
Azonalanthious
Team Leader
Team Leader
Azonalanthious

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Moral Test   Moral Test - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 12:02 pm

Mist holds up a finger to Reaper and waits as the others clear the room. Once they are all out, she pauses, and looks around carefully, checking to make sure the Johnson didn't follow them right out of the room and the other customers aren't close enough to get a good earful. Satistifed, she turns sharply on her heels and leans in close to Neko, her face maybe an inch away from the catgirl's. "Two things, cat. First, yes, threats are part of the game. Don't betray me or else is expected and acceptable. But there are limits to all things and, sorry, but 'I've already hired a hit team to kill you' crosses those limits. Second, disagree with me, insult me, argue with me, fine. But compare me to a gaijin again and I'll feed you those damn ears one bite at a time. Clear?"

Pulling back from Neko, she turns and looks over the other, nodding politely and seeming back in control of herself. "Ok - you can all call me Mist. I'm a professional sneak, so I'll probably be doing any meat recon and getting us past any security that can't be hacked. Reaper, if you wanted input on if we took the job, you should have showed up to the damn meeting on time. If you want to walk, that's fine with me, means a larger share of the cred for the rest of us. And leave the unobtrusive sneaking to the professionals dear - you've got potential, but you ain't there yet. I, too, think this private eye should be our first stop. See what he knows, get whatever information he already hass on the target." She glances over at Heap. "Might save you a lot of time and effort."

Perception(visual): Perception 3 + Intuition 5 + Specalization 2 + cyber-eye enhancement 3 + attention co-processor 3 - ruthenium polymers 4 = 12 = 4 hits
Perception(hearing): Perception 3 + Intuition 5 + cyber-ear enhancement 3 + attention co-processor 3 - traceless walk 4 = 10 = 3 hits
Back to top Go down
Ictoagn

PostSubject: Re: Moral Test   Moral Test - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 12:41 pm

"Mist has a point. Introductions, as well as a quick description, would be a geed start. No point in knowing what we're up against if we don't even know what we have. Call me Ike. I'm also a sneak, and not much else. I'm also not bad with a sniper, if that's how we decide to do this." Even though he had asked for introductions, Ike didn't wait for a response before diving into his idea. "I say we hit up the PI, see what he has to say. Then Mist or I shadow the target, figure out his daily routine. At the same time," he looked over at Heap, "you will be digging for information on him. Not sure about the rest of you, maybe talk to some people, see what they know, but be discreet." Ike looked away from the others. "That's very basic. Does anyone have any other ideas?"
Back to top Go down
Jimb011
Team Leader
Team Leader
Jimb011

Character sheet

PostSubject: Moral Test   Moral Test - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 1:03 pm

Reaper looks at mist with a smile through his helmet and calmly says:

"You misunderstand I was not trying to hide from you or any other members of our little group I meant for all of you to see me. From your perception you must have realized that I was trying to hide my presence only from our employer. I'm in this run but I have some reservations about how we go about it which I will enlighten you upon later. As for me I am Reaper, It is true that I am not a professional sneak but that is not my true forte. I am more muscle. I can win a fist fight but I prefer to do it in a precise and smooth manner. Everything else is secondary.
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Moral Test   Moral Test - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 2:33 pm

Neko smiled, showing off those pointed teeth of hers, completely unphased by Mist's outburst. "If you don't want to be compared to gaijin, then don't act like one. If that upsets you, you are more than welcome to try and do something about it. Newsflash, sister. We're all new kids on the block. That means that yes, they can tell us they've lined someone up to kill us if we screw up, because we don't have a rep worth talking about yet. Respect is earned, and we don't have any yet. Understand?"

"Though I did note that you'd rather be called a bunraku girl than a gaijin. Something you want to tell us, hmm?"

Then she turns her attention to Reaper. "As she said, if you have concerns about the job, you should concern yourself with getting to the meet on time. So you don't get to have concerns about this run. Anyways, what's the problem? We just kill a corp wageslave, get our money, and move on to the next gig. Easy as pie."

"As for my capabilities, I would be what you might call a street samurai, though I am not unfamiliar with stealth, and can hold my own in negotiations. And, if we get busted up bad, I know a first rate street doc who can take care of the meat, and any ware you have."
Back to top Go down
Westmoreland
Meat
Meat

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2009-07-05

Character sheet
Character Name: Marcus
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Moral Test   Moral Test - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 6:05 pm

Having had his idea of seeking out Muller in person shot down, The Heap once again zones halfway out of the conversation, finding the business commcode and placing a call to Casey Elton, P.I.
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Number of posts : 427
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Character sheet
Character Name: Haruki 'Tora' Tokugawa
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Re: Moral Test   Moral Test - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 12:47 am

Heap
Data Search Extended Test: Data Search + Browse (8, 1 minute)
So far, you have scored 1 hit and 1 minute has passed. You are able to roll another 6 times. Please make another Data Search + Browse roll and post the hits.

Also, Heap, your call through to Casey Elton hits an answering service. Are you leaving a message?
Back to top Go down
Westmoreland
Meat
Meat

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Moral Test   Moral Test - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 11:42 am

The Heap leaves a message for the P.I. "Mr. Elton, I am leaving this message to inquire as to the whereabouts of Mr. Dedier Muller. I believe that our mutual employer has instructed you to expect my call. Please call me back or forward the data directly to . . ." The Heap leaves the commcode of his 'public' commlink before logging off the call and returning to his search, still half-listening to the conversation going on around him.

((Data Search, 2nd minute, 7d6, 3 successes - 4 total))
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Moral Test   Moral Test - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 10:39 pm

Heap
OK! So, 4 hits after 2 minutes. Please roll another Data Search + Browse and post results.
Back to top Go down
Jimb011
Team Leader
Team Leader
Jimb011

Character sheet

PostSubject: Moral Test   Moral Test - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 1:46 pm

Reaper looks at the Cat-woman samurai, his face beneath his mask shows a sign of confidence in his own argument:

"There are other options then just geeking someone, and for what 7000, 8000 nuyen? The Johnson could have easily blackmailed this associate of hers by showing the evidence provided by the detective and gotten his complicity in quietly disappearing, which is what I think we should do except also force him to hire a mage to wipe his mind and give us a slice of the soy. Geeking him should be a secondary threat.

Geeking him may seem simple, but I think there are too many loose ends involved. which are what I think we will become by the end of this. I understand It's to late to bring up this point now since I was late, but I am saying we should be cautious if we are going to be doing wet-work for a suspect cause."

With that he continued to follow the group wondering where they were going exactly and why.
Back to top Go down
Azonalanthious
Team Leader
Team Leader
Azonalanthious

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Moral Test   Moral Test - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 1:56 pm

Mist chuckles, a suprisingly low, gravely sound, very unfeminine. "For someone who calls themselves the 'Reaper' you're damn squemish. Leaving someone alive who knows or knew comprimising information about you IS a loose end, mindwipe or no. I think the bid on the job was low, but we are the new gals on the block, so that's understandable. Personally... I can paralyse someone for a short time, then it wears off and the few traces it leaves vanish quickly. I'm thinking I hit him, we pump him full of something or other while he can't move, and then we let him od. Nice, clear cause of death for the Star, not suicide, but self-inflicted all the same so no reason to think it might have been a hit. Anyone know what sort of stuff is particularly popular with the corporate crowd at the moment?"
Back to top Go down
Ictoagn

PostSubject: Re: Moral Test   Moral Test - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 2:10 pm

Ike shook his head. "She's right, we have to kill him." He listened to Mist's idea intently, thinking for a moment on what to contribute. "I don't know anything in particular, but I know a guy who might. Though it is a bit early to be deciding on something. Still, Ideas are good."
Back to top Go down
Jimb011
Team Leader
Team Leader
Jimb011

Character sheet

PostSubject: Moral Test   Moral Test - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 7:06 am

Reaper let out an audible sigh, and thought:

Apparently wet-work is unavoidable. I hope I'm not making a big mistake on this one.

He then went sub-vocal to the whole group, as continuing to talk about such things on the street can be lethal.

"Reaper is just my code name I use to strike fear in my enemies. Its not meant to mean anything and I don't put much thought into it's effect. As for geeking random suits; I don't have much of a problem. Just understand: If we are dealing with some kind of power-trip wet-work then I believe things are going to get complicated; more complicated then we see it now. But I'll do my part until it's finished."

Anyway, where exactly are we going? Do we have some kind of safe house to plan all this?"
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Moral Test   Moral Test - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 8:10 am

Neko listens to the others, and then shakes her head slowly. "Magic leaves traces that can be linked to the caster. We have to kill him. The method and location we should leave to be decided once we have the information the PI has. This work might be distasteful to some, but if we conduct ourselves like professionals, and get good results, then we get a rep, and we're able to get better work. I suggest we plant evidence that he had been approached by agents of another corp, Renraku, for instance, looking to develop him as a mole, and also plant evidence that he turned them down. His death would be linked back to Renraku, no matter what method of death we chose."

"As for a safehouse, I could call my fixer to arrange something. He's a reliable guy."
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Moral Test   Moral Test - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 4:44 am

Heap
After another three minutes or so of listening to the conversation, you hit only one piece of information.

While drift net phishing for information on Didier, you come across only one piece of information. You stop short of searching further as it is like the guy does not exist or something. The information comes by way of a University Newspaper that talks about Didiers success in securing a corporate role at Saeder-Krupp. Other than that, there is nothing.

The Harvard Crimson-Net Friday, January 8 2065/20:31/1. Harvard University News/Cambridge, MA 02138, USA

DIDIER MULLER'S CORPORATE RISE

Moral Test - Page 2 DidierCloseUp

German foreign exchange student, Didier Muller, has been rewarded with a corporate position at Saeder-Krupp as a Strategy Officer in the Research & Design Department. Based in Seattle, Didier will begin work on March 7 however, has agreed to continue to advise the student body on finances and capital planning.

Didier says he is looking forward to joining the company's management committee and will asist with the key task to "review, define and focus the firm's global strategy." Didier was happy with his new position at a reputable firm, stating his desire to seek out opportunities in an environment much changed many recent crisis. “This has been an outstanding year for me,” Didier told The Crimson after announcing that he would leave the University. “It’s time to begin to make my mark on the world and place what I have learnt into real life practice.”

In his role as one of Student Body President Drew G. Forester’s top advisers, Muller sought to improve the cost-effectiveness of the Student Body's operations by consolidating resources, such as student supplies, that have traditionally been procured separately at each of Harvard’s schools.

After Harvard’s nearly $20 billion endowment took a precipitous plunge, Muller’s assistance expanded to include working with University and Student Body administrators across the University to close budgetary gaps at the schools. Many school leaders described his involvement in the budget-cutting process as “critical,” and Muller met with Forester on an almost daily basis.

Student Body spokesman John D. Long confirmed yesterday that Muller will remain on the Student Body’s Debt Asset Management Committee and will join the Committee on University Resources, a little known body of prominent donors.

Muller, who holds an MBA from the University of Harvard, arrived from Germany at the end of a protracted year-long search for a University that would accept a foreign student on a scholarship. Though new to his new position, he has decided to keep a hand in Student Body affairs, offering to co-chair several Student Body class gift committees but will rescind his position on the University Committee on Student Excellence and Opportunity.

We enjoin the Crimson Tide in wishing him all the very best.

—Staff writer May Q. Wu can be reached at mayq@harvard.com.
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Moral Test   Moral Test - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 4:53 am

Heap
Just after reading and distributing the information you found on Didier to the team, you receive an incoming call from Casey Elton.

"Hi! I understand that you are seeking some information about a Mr Didier Muller? I just wanted to ask you what information you require and how you wish this to be sent?"
Back to top Go down
Westmoreland
Meat
Meat

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Moral Test   Moral Test - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 10:12 pm

taniwhaiti wrote:
"Hi! I understand that you are seeking some information about a Mr Didier Muller? I just wanted to ask you what information you require and how you wish this to be sent?"

"Yeah. Our mutual employer has passed the job on to me and my associates. We need everything you've got. Names, addresses, commcodes, daily routine, favorite color, preferred condiments. It's all necessary. Also, any leads you were pursuing when you last talked to this missus would be helpful. We can pay a small fee for the courtesy, if the information's good."
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Moral Test   Moral Test - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 7:10 am

Meanwhile, seeing as no one objected to her making the arrangements for a safehouse, Neko purred into her commlink. "Ato-kun! Call me back when you get this! I need a safehouse for some business."
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Moral Test   Moral Test - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 8:19 pm

Heap
Casey responds.

"Yes, our mutual employer did ask that the 'evidence' be handed over and having received payment, I am happy to do so. I am a little old fashioned so the information you will receive is in picture format only. I do not know the twinkies Commcode but you can have the residential address as well. I tracked him always from there as there was too much heat at his workplace. As for the daily routine, other than work and 'play', the man has no life. He is hauling long hours though and has some project on at work. He has also recently featured on KSAF but refused to be interviewed about the project. The whole 'NO COMMENT' routine. I think his boss was a little frazzled about it coz there seemed to be some tension between them. Sorry ... gotta go, got another call coming through that I must take. Good luck!"
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Moral Test   Moral Test - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 8:40 pm

Neko
You receive a message from Ato-kun. The address is attached at the bottom of the message.

<< Begin Message >>
To: Neko

Hai! Wakarimasen!

You have a sumai available:
Uncle Zumi is on holiday in Japan and humbly requests that you rusuban. The house is located in Bellevue. Key is in usual place.

<< End Message >>
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Moral Test   Moral Test - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 1:22 am

Heap
You receive a message from Casey. The attachments are simply clicked and reveal photographs of Didier. There are 5 photographs in all.

VISUAL MATERIAL (Shows a collection of high quality photographs in a folder)
Photographs 1-10 - These pictures show Didier a variety of well dressed, beautiful asian woman arm in arm looking very cosy, entering and leaving the Hotel Nikko.
Photographs 11-13 - These pictures show Didier and an evening wear attired beauty, asian, entering and leaving Ling Ho restaurant.
Photographs 14-16 - These pictures show Didier and an overcoat attired pretty woman, asian, entering and leaving Ohgi-Ya restaurant.
Photograph 17 - This picture has obviously been taken with a long lens, expensive camera, due to the detail and shows Didier in bed with another asian beauty engaging in what can only be described as marriage-ending activity. It is marked with a red X in the top right hand corner.

RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS (Shows the Residential Address of Didier Muller)
The address listed is for a very expensive apartment in Upper Queen Anne Hill.

<< Begin Message >>
To: Heap

Hi!

Please find the requested information attached. I hope this helps.

Casey Elton
Private Investigator
PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL

Attachments:

1. Visual Material
2. Residential Address

<< End Message >>
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Moral Test   Moral Test - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 8:24 pm

Neko smiled as she read the message her friend had sent her. She could always rely on him to come through for her. Quickly, she broadcast the address to the others over their PANs. "I got us a safehouse where we can set up shop during this run. Rendezvous there in half an hour, unless anyone has objections?"

Over her own comlink, she sent a simple thank you to Ato-kuni, a short trid file of her persona giving him a very big kiss.

With a grin, she looked to the others, to see if they were ready to head out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moral Test   Moral Test - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Moral Test
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2