Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeA Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

A Time For Secrets OOC

Go down 
+14
Larzarus
Suspect
outpost_2
Sureal
rcoverdale
Dura
Line
Gala
FireSeraph
Kesslan
wngd_phantom
Mirikon
Ghostmaker
Havick1988
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 12:26 pm

Too true! How many passes do you have Kess?
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Number of posts : 705
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 12:28 pm

It works well for riggers too. Vanessa has 5 IPs while rigging, even with T_Hawk's rather stringent adherence to availability limits. Neutral

It's real easy to get 2 IPs though. Cram is a measly 10¥ and only 2R so it's pretty easy to get a hold of. Jazz is a bit more expensive (still an incredibly cheap 75¥) and better yet doesn't come with any nasty crash damage.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: A time for Secrets: OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 4:00 pm

so yeah G i guess when your ready or i can work something up that dose not involve rolling.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 6:24 pm

Gala wrote:
Too true! How many passes do you have Kess?

4 due to imp reflexes III
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 9:58 am

Kesslan, I can't review your rolls until tonight (I can't use IC while at work...). I need to know if you took the -2 for additional targets?
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 8:55 pm

Gala wrote:
Kesslan, I can't review your rolls until tonight (I can't use IC while at work...). I need to know if you took the -2 for additional targets?

I'm pretty sure that only applies when firing at multiple targets in the same action (Such as the example of splitting burst fire between mutliple targets or in the case of dual wielding guns and firing at two targets at the same time).
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:13 am

I just re-checked the rules. The rules are -2 per each additional target per Action Phase. It does not distinguish how you choose to assess your attacks during the Action Phase, whether that is with a single shot to each of two targets, or a bust into both at once. With that in mind, your rolling for attacking the Soldiers previously was incorrect as well.
That said, please do not modify your rolls from before. My "House Rule" is that anything that has already happened, for whatever reason based on whatever situation, has already happened, and cannot be changed.

Please review them yourself (Page 146 for the definition of Action Phase, and page 152 on the "Ranged Combat Modifier Table" for a listing of the rule for Multiple Targets) to get a more complete understanding.

On review, however, it is interesting that there are no rules governing the target being in Melee... I remember that used to be a consideration.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyTue May 18, 2010 12:09 pm

How exactly was the first time incorrect? I added in the penalty for shooting at additional targets. And I was only shooting at ONE additional target, there for only -2 applied to the roll. And for using two weapons I added the pool accounted for the penalties and split the pool between both targets as your supposed to do. There was no additional penalty for using two weapons because of the fact that the character is ambidextrous and as such negates the additional penalty for using an off hand weapon. Unless I got the order mixed up and your supposed to split the pool first then apply the penalty?

There is also a penalty for firing at a target who is locked in melee with you. It can however be compensated or negated for by a few specific martial arts and possibly one adept power.
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyTue May 18, 2010 12:58 pm

Quote :
Characters can use two pistol- or SMG-class weapons, one in each
hand, firing both with a single Simple Action. Doing so, however, requires
that the character split his dice pool between the attacks. [...]
Split the pool before applying modifiers.

You really oughta check the rules if you're not sure. It's even italicized in the book.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyTue May 18, 2010 3:12 pm

In his defense, he usually does! I had to re-check this time since I can usually assume that he is right when he does something.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 8:57 am

Dura wrote:
You really oughta check the rules if you're not sure. It's even italicized in the book.

The reason I didn't Dura, was because I was pretty sure I had recalled it correctly. Also considering I sometimes have to post from work I do not have the option to always check the books since a) The only computer with Internet access is a 'public access' computer and b) My breaks don't generally last long enough to both get a post up and check the rule books if I brought them to work with me. I also do not always have time to post at home since I'm actually pretty busy IRL these days. Like everyone else in the world I forget things time to time or get things mixed up, especially when I'm presently playing games under about 4 different systems.

I at least admit when I make a mistake (And realize it or some one points it out).
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 9:15 am

Yeah I know I just felt like taunting you. Razz

My services don't come free. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 9:30 am

So... In payment for your services, should I expect you to be submitting a character for consideration to join this game?
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 10:32 am

Um.... wait, wut? Question

Nnnno, my payment for the rules post was the taunting. Razz
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 2:40 pm

Kess, you haven't updated your post...
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 4:28 pm

Gala wrote:
Kess, you haven't updated your post...

Updated it with what?

You asked me not to change my rolls.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 6:02 am

As it turns out, the only roll that would have been affected is not being used anyway! The two pilots both went down on the first shot. You have one simple action remaining before the start of the second Initiative Round.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 12:14 pm

Kess, it's your post first. Are you waiting for more information?
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 8:32 pm

Thought the NPC would go first.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 8:47 am

Heh... She did already.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 7:49 am

Sorry about my delay all, I have been rediculously busy over the past couple of days. The post is up now though!

Are things exciting enough for you all?
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 9:35 am

So you want another listen test beyond the one I posted?

EDIT: On that note I gotta go to work but I'll try to get a post up during my lunch break.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 9:43 am

Yup. New circumstances, new things to discover, new distractions, new listen test. Or you can not roll one, and assume that your character is too busy, or absorbed in his task, to hear the new things to be heard.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 6:55 pm

Considering that I theorize the noise was a grenade I'm going to do that roll Razz
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 6:35 am

That was a wise decision...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Time For Secrets OOC
Page 10 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next