Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeParliament of Thieves OOC - Page 6 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Parliament of Thieves OOC

Go down 
+3
Ghostmaker
rntrndrw
Stubbspks
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Stubbspks
Team Leader
Team Leader

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Character sheet
Character Name: Yiska Keme
Race: Dwarf
Sex: Male

Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 11:12 am

Ok, I'm home.

I knew I'd found something that was off last night before losing power.

Digital Grimoire, page 10 wrote:
It is important to keep in mind that once possessing a vessel,
the spirit’s mind and not the vessel’s is in control, and the spirit
does not have access to the vessel’s knowledge or skillset.

That means the spirit can't use your blades 5. In fact, a water spirit has no skill in blades and would be defaulting.

However, I'd like to have it use your skill in blades for this fight. If it proves to not be INSANELY over-powered then I will allow it for a Swordmage because 1) it makes sense 2) your character is obviously built on that fact and 3) you have two geas so I would say that's pretty balanced.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stubbspks.com
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 11:46 am

Actually, in the tradition writeup I sent you, I wrote that Swordmage spirits differed from other spirits in that they traded the Unarmed Combat skill for the Blades skill, and they always appeared armed with a bladed weapon when viewed on the astral.

If it was using my skills, it would actually have another die, since I have blades (Swords) 4(+2). And the spirit wouldn't be able to use my maneuvers or qualities, or cast spells for me, or things like that. And there's other trouble that goes with being dual-natured while the spirit possesses me.

Last edited by Mirikon on Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stubbspks
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 11:48 am

I did see that in the writeup, and I completely forgot about it :-P
Back to top Go down
Paradox
Runner
Runner
Paradox

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2009-12-25

Character sheet
Character Name: Blake
Race: Human

PostSubject: *yawn*   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 5:05 pm

I don't suppose we can move this along any faster - it's tough being dead last in the combat turn when we're moving this slow!!!! (At this pace, I'll get my turn by next Thursday!)
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Number of posts : 427
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Character sheet
Character Name: Haruki 'Tora' Tokugawa
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 pm

Sorry guys - I hear your pain, mcating! So I have posted my whole Action Phase for Initiative Pass 1 of 3 in order to relieve you of the pain and worry! LOL!
Back to top Go down
rntrndrw
Meat
Meat
rntrndrw

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-12-19

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 12:05 am

Been lurking here, pretty slow eh?
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Number of posts : 427
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Character sheet
Character Name: Haruki 'Tora' Tokugawa

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 12:09 am

Yeah - the run is a little slow but you have to remember that as posted earlier our GM is in a different time zone than us!
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama

PostSubject: Parliament of Thieves ooc   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 7:16 am

Going over the past post to catch up then ill be posting. Sorry I'm est. just woke up.
Back to top Go down
Stubbspks
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 3:58 am

Hey guys, worked late last night then straight to the pub. Just got up, will be posting in now Smile
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 9:22 am

Um, don't I get to roll for my defense, possibly choosing to go to full defense? And roll my damage resistance? And does that include the fact that I have Immunity to Normal Weapons while possessed? If the damage value from nonmagical weapons (basically, any weapon that isn't a weapon focus, or adept's fists, or boosted by a spell) is 10 or less, I automatically take no damage while the spirit is in me. Or did those pistol shots do 11 and 15 damage?

Not to mention I should be able to roll to resist the banishing attempt, using counterspelling?
Back to top Go down
rntrndrw
Meat
Meat
rntrndrw

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 9:40 am

Yo mirikon, is this a new character? or have you been working on him for a while? Seems a little over powered... Anyway.

Im gonna go over the rules and post, hope I get this right.
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 10:01 am

He's using a possession tradition. Possessed creatures and objects get Immunity to Normal Weapons, which gives them Hardened Armor against such attacks equal to twice the spirit's magic. He's using a force 5 spirit.

And really, he might seem powerful when placed alongside other magicians, but when he's possessed, he's more of a Street Sammy type, since he can't cast spells while possessed. The main difference between a sammy decked out in armor with their 'ware and Mirikon is that he is only temporarily as tough as they are, and anything magic (adepts, spirits, weapon foci, spells, etc.) bypasses the better part of his defenses. Oh, and that he has to resist drain equal to double the spirit's hits to get that boost. The cold aura effect the spirit has is the same as his Cold Aura spell. And unlike other mages, he doesn't get both his actions and the spirit's actions.

Of course, he could also have his spirits possess others, as well, or create vessels like Homunculi or golems for them to inhabit, but those can be expensive.

So no, he's not overpowered, he just 'toggles' between combat mage and street sammy. Though admittedly it makes bringing a sword to a gunfight a bit nastier than it could have been.

I wouldn't want to clog a public OOC thread with it, but if you'd like to discuss it further, send me a PM, and I'd be glad to talk with you about your concerns.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Parliament of Thieves ooc   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 10:13 am

well I'm a possession tradition and i cant wait to learn conjuring my little pixies gonna take off! Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 6 Lol
Back to top Go down
rntrndrw
Meat
Meat
rntrndrw

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 10:15 am

Do I have to roll for both shots that I take? I only rolled once... let me know if I did that right.
Back to top Go down
Stubbspks
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 10:17 am

I did all the rolls with real dice. HOWEVER, I forgot the spirit had resistance to normal damage, so you don't actually take any.

Good call on that one Smile
Back to top Go down
Stubbspks
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 10:20 am

rntrndrw wrote:
Do I have to roll for both shots that I take? I only rolled once... let me know if I did that right.

Yes, roll twice Smile Don't forget recoil if needed

Also, Stand up is a simple action

Also, please link to your roll :-P

Last edited by Stubbspks on Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rntrndrw
Meat
Meat
rntrndrw

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 10:22 am

What I dont understand about this is, despite iceblade being possessed his body is still meat and flesh and I dont see how he is impervious to damage. I know im wrong obviously, but whataver. Im just a newb.

Ok I will roll again taking into account recoil
Back to top Go down
Stubbspks
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 12:01 pm

It's a possession thing. He's not really immune, it's just super hard to hurt him. Of course, the spirit would only have been in him for 2 rounds (1 service to possess and then 1 per round).
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 12:43 pm

Um, actually Possession works like Materialization as it regards services. You summon the spirit to the vessel, and then it performs however many services you require of it. So possessing a vessel to fight a battle would be one service, just like a normal spirit being summoned to help a magician fight. (Street magic, pg 103 (sidebar), and Street Magic, pg 94-95 (Spirit Services)).
Back to top Go down
Stubbspks
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 1:32 pm

Possession is a skill that the spirit has. It uses a complex action and a service to use it. There's also supposed to be a test. ((Street magic pg 101 Possession))

Also, see Summoning and Binding a Possession Spirit under Resolving Possession in Digital Grimoire pg 10.

Quote :
Summoning and Binding a Possession Spirit Summoning and Binding possession spirits follow the normal summoning and Binding rules (found on p. 179 and p. 180, SR4). If the Conjuring Test is successful, the spirit appears in its conjurer’s vicinity in Astral space and the magician may then command it as normal. The spirit may operate and perform any services on the Astral plane as normal. If, however, the magician wishes the spirit to interact with the physical plane—such as employing any of its physical powers or carrying out a physical task—the spirit must frst use its Possession power to take over a vessel (bear in mind that this demands a Test that normally re-quires at least one Complex Action to accomplish).
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Parliament of Thieves ooc   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 6:31 pm

good shot Hoshi!
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 8:10 pm

Stubbs, it might be better to allow people to do their defense/damage rolls themselves. In something like D&D it might not make a difference, but when you have a lot of ways to change the rolls (going full defense, spending edge, the different types of defenses, counterspelling, etc.) as interrupt actions, its only fair to allow people the option to do them.
Back to top Go down
Stubbspks
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 8:27 pm

While I agree with that, it's going to make combat tedious and insanely slow.

I am perfectly willing to allow this however AS LONG as people start putting details into their rolls so I can make sure people aren't rolling twice for the same roll. A couple of times I have been looking over the rolls and seen two identical rolls. One with 1 hit, and one with say 7 hits. Since there's no detail they look like the player rolled and didn't like the first result and so they opted to take the second one.

That's why I like rolling it with real dice Smile

But like I said, we can def. do it that way.
Back to top Go down
Paradox
Runner
Runner
Paradox

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2009-12-25

Character sheet
Character Name: Blake
Race: Human

PostSubject: Blake's move   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 12:03 pm

Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 6 4262844177_952c387c62_b

Complex Action:
Blake tries to pull the car onto the sidewalk parallel to the truck in front of him, then come to a stop.

Stubbspks wrote:
Also, a Pilot Ground Craft + Reaction (Threshold 3) test can get your vehicles out relatively undamaged if you so choose.

Pilot Ground Craft 2 (Wheeled + 2) + Reaction 3 + Vehicle Handling (Car) 0 = 7 dice, Threshold 3

7d6.hits(5) → [6,4,4,4,4,6,5] = (3)
Back to top Go down
rntrndrw
Meat
Meat
rntrndrw

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 1:03 pm

Yo stubbs if you could just go ahead and continute to roll my defense that would be great. I suppose if I was gonna go full defense, I will just state that in my post.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Parliament of Thieves OOC
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next