Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeParliament of Thieves OOC - Page 3 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Parliament of Thieves OOC

Go down 
+3
Ghostmaker
rntrndrw
Stubbspks
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Stubbspks
Team Leader
Team Leader

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Character sheet
Character Name: Yiska Keme
Race: Dwarf
Sex: Male

Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 10:33 am

Hey guys, just wanted to chime in here as well.

I def. don't want to see anyone bail out of the run, and while this may be one of the rockier adjustment periods, I am hoping that it will make the team that much stronger for the remainder of the campaign. By the way, there are like 10 runs planned for the campaign, so hopefully most of the characters are in it for the long haul :-P

As for the sub-vocals, I will tell you that I don't even roll for a check to find them in normal situations. If captured and interrogated, then it might look a bit suspicious, but it'd be the least of your worries in that situation, lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.stubbspks.com
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Parliament of Thieves ooc   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 10:38 am

Idk about everyone else, but i need the karma. I'm in as long as you'll have me, and I'm having a great time.
Back to top Go down
Stubbspks
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 10:43 am

Oh, I also wanted to point out that I am loving all of these characters, and Blake I especially love the old-school security idea behind yours as I said earlier.

The interaction between a guy whose been doing security for most of his life dealing with what basically counts as children to the field reminds me of one of my RL buddies who always has those "Well, I used to do things that way before I knew better..." yadda yadda yadda stories.

It also seems to me that the fake envelope idea has confused some of ya.

There are effectively 3 envelopes now. Inside one of them is the package from the Johnson. Blake was saying to open the outer envelopes to find the real one before meeting up with the receiver.

That way they don't learn about how you used these fakes to keep the package safe (your 'tricks') and that way you don't look foolish not knowing which is the real one Razz

I kind of agree that the package is probably almost as big as Hasty, and I keep forgetting just how small she is bc I'm not used to metavarients in this world quite yet Smile
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Parliament of Thieves ooc   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 11:05 am

yeah im starting to feel like the pixie was a bad choice nobody is used to them because there so rare. but i have all these books and nothing but ideas lol sorry ill try and clear it up a bit.
Hasty
is a little is a little bigger then a foot maybe ten centimeters over. Since i believe there's like 30 in a foot i could be wrong you should all probably check im no good with math. any way the envelope is paper with paper inside i doubt its heavy pretty sure she can carry it but o.k. She can play support sorta i guess i just want her in that's all.

im sorry about the confusion kinda feel responsible for all this Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 3 Icon_cry
Back to top Go down
Stubbspks
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 11:11 am

Nah, don't worry about it Ghost. I let you play the pixie, bc I knew it would be interesting and that most (myself included) haven't really played with any metavarients like shifters, pixie, vampires or other infected yet. It's a nice detour from the norm, I just have to remind myself occasionally of just how tiny your character actually is, lol.

Anyway, I put in a pause at this point just in case anyone has last minute questions or concerns, but also because I didn't want to create a giant wall of text, and this seemed the best stopping point for that post.

This part of the adventure doesn't translate super well to a play by post because it's mostly just me describing the tunnels, etc. etc. and it would take like no time on a message board, whereas in real life I would more easily be able to create the feeling of passing time and travelling through these tunnels without it seeming super repetitive and being a long read Smile

The tunnel is big enough for any vehicles smaller than a van, so you should all be fine with yours.
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 1:22 pm

Well, Mirikon was former Corp Security. And it isn't that he loves killing, but if it comes to a fight, he doesn't hold back. His tradition is one that sees magic and swords as extensions of the practitioner's killing intent, and is big on there being no wasted motions in combat. Each movement that isn't attack or defense is setting the enemy up for the next blow. And he's a follower of the Shark. He doesn't love killing. He doesn't have any emotions at all about killing. Killing is simply what he does. He is literally a stone cold killer. Which isn't to say he kills without reason, or won't find a peaceful solution to things, but when the fighting starts, Mirikon strikes to kill, without compassion or malice.

Yes, he has a thing about ghouls, but if you basically lived through a horror movie, you'd have nightmares, too.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Parliament of Thieves ooc   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 1:26 pm

dude Mirikon your avatar is so cool whats that like ff1 i love that game lol Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 3 Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
Paradox
Runner
Runner
Paradox

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2009-12-25

Character sheet
Character Name: Blake
Race: Human

PostSubject: I'm in   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 1:54 pm

All right, guys, I'm here to stay. Smile

Besides, you guys are going to need a norm who doesn't stick out like a sore thumb! Smile

Thanks,
<Blake>
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 2:06 pm

Its from a FF1-based sprite comic called 8Bit Theater. That would be Black Mage when he briefly became king of hell by going on a campaign of 'spine-ectomies' in the underworld.
Back to top Go down
Paradox
Runner
Runner
Paradox

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2009-12-25

Character sheet
Character Name: Blake
Race: Human

PostSubject: Background from a contact   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 2:35 pm

Nexus Dossier: "Blake"

"Blake" appears to be the most recent moniker of a well-connected physical security consultant. Details are sketchy; he is a black male, approximately 190 cm tall, 100 kg, 25-35 years old. Deep history and other aliases are unknown. Facial datascans have turned up no concrete information, which is quite unusual. Positive Quality: Obscure

Our information was collected primarily from Dustbunny, collected during a drinking session at the Lost Souls bar. Positive Quality: First Impression, Charisma 6 Blake showed up in Denver about a week ago. He dropped enough information to let Dustbunny know he had experience in security and is looking for shadow work. Knowledge Skills: Security Procedures 5, Security Design 5, Security Companies 4. According to Dustbunny, he is dossing in a fleabag in the Sioux sector of Denver. When reconnoitered the following day, Blake had disappeared. Lifestyle: None

Video and trideo footage from the Lost Souls provided no usable footage of Blake. Dustbunny was able to provide only the most superficial facial sketches.

Dustbunny also informed us that Blake tends to brag. He mentioned running security for the band Ork's Teef on their CAS tour segment. (This segment is notably the only one that had no mid-show riots.) Security for this tour was run through PhySec Security, a well-designed blind front that dissolved 6 months after the tour completed. Negative Quality: Poor self control (braggart). Contact: Matrix Security 2 Loyalty, 2 Connection

Blake stated that he came to Denver on "unexpected business." Based on his clothing and lodgings, Dustbunny suspects that Blake is on the run and has not had the time or resources to complete his cover. Independent verification of this hypothesis has not yet been possible.

Recommendation: Blake may be a valuable asset in both designing and compromising physical security. Suggest making contact with Blake through Nexus fixers and cultivating his trust. Also recommend further investigation and background research - there has to be more to his history than we know at present.
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 8:03 pm

Nexus Dossier: "Iceblade"

Very little is known about Iceblade. It is known that he is from Tir Tairngir originally, and left that country shortly after Crash 2.0. Unknown what he did there, but given his skills it is likely he worked as corporate security for some outfit in Tir Tairngir. No one knows his real name.

Iceblade came to Denver by way of Seattle, using connections with the Laesa. They also set him up with a fixer in Denver named Kael'thas, who primarily finds work for elves in the PCC sector. Contact: 2 Connection/1 Loyalty

Iceblade is known to be a practitioner of a rare magical tradition called the Swordmage tradition. Our information on this tradition comes from one of the few local practitioners, an elf named Selina in the PCC sector. Contact: 1 Connection/3 Loyalty The Swordmage tradition apparently began in Salem, in Tir Tairngir, where an awakened master of Carromeleg first learned the practice from a free spirit. To a Swordmage, magic and the sword are both extensions of the caster's own arm, their killing intent made manifest. It is also known that the Swordmage tradition is a possession tradition.

Iceblade's only other real connection in Denver is a talismonger by the name of Destiny, an elf out of Tir Tairngir living in the PCC sector. Contact: 2 Connection/1 Loyalty

Iceblade is trained in the elven art of Carromeleg, a fact that shows clearly when he fights. Quality: Martial Arts (Carromeleg) He typically fights wielding a blade in either hand, and parrying attacks even as he strikes out at his foes. Quality: Ambidextrous, Maneuver: Two Weapon Style

Strangely, Iceblade has taken the habit of naming his weapons, most of which have also been given AR overlays, providing visual effects whenever they are drawn. Custom Look (Level 2) While he prefers to use his swords in combat, he also has been seen using knives. He prefers to use spells to deal with ranged combat, but if there's a need, he has been shown to use two Yamaha Sakura Fubukis, one loaded with explosive rounds, and the other loaded with stick-n-shock rounds.

Despite his effectiveness in combat, Iceblade has some baggage. He has a drinking habit Quality: Addiction (Alcohol), due in part to something in his past he's trying to forget. He is adamant about spending the first hour after he wakes up every day in training, claiming it helps his magic. Quality: Geas (Ritual) Also, the multitude of blades he always has on him makes him stand out in a crowd, but seemingly aid his casting. Quality: Distinctive Style, Quality: Geas (Bladed weapon) He also tends to go into a berserker rage in combat situations. Quality: Mentor Spirit (Shark)

Recommendations: Useful for jobs that are likely to include combat, especially in melee. While he cleans up nice, when there's need, he prefers sticking to low class areas. His spells and abilities do not lend themselves to nonlethal force, however. He has shown some marginal talent in talking his way out of situations, as well as using intimidation to get information out of prisoners.
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Number of posts : 427
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Character sheet
Character Name: Haruki 'Tora' Tokugawa

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 10:42 pm

Iceblade - thats nice to know but Combat Rage?

DO NOT COME NEAR ME WITH THAT STUFF!!!!

Please try and keep your weapons hidden during any time I am with you!
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 11:01 pm

Aw, going berserk isn't that bad. You just relentlessly attack the enemy, without regard to your own safety.

As for his weapons, this is how they're statted out:
Frozen Wind (Katana) (22200 Nuyen) - (STR/2+3)P, -1 AP, Reach 1.
**Weapon Focus - Force 2. Add force to melee tests. Does normal damage on astral plane.
**Custom Look - Level 2. +2 to tests involving Reputation and Intimidation. 1 Slot. (Pg 150, Arsenal)
**Gecko Grip - +6 to hold on to weapon. 1 Slot. (Pg 152, Arsenal)
**Personalized Grip - +1 to melee tests. 1 Slot. (Pg 152, Arsenal)
<13 dice to attack (9 dice in melee). 5P, -1 AP, Reach 1.>
Frozen Wind is a katana Mirikon had specially made for himself, with a blade engraved to look like unmelting blue ice, and bright blue sperethiel runes upon the blade, with the weapon's name. When viewed through AR, the blade appears to have an icy mist constantly falling from it whenever it is unsheathed.

Stormtalon (Vibro-blade Sword) (3200 nuyen) - (STR/2+4)P, -2 AP, Reach 1. (Pg 16, Arsenal)
**Custom Look - Level 2. +2 to tests involving Reputation and Intimidation. 1 Slot. (Pg 150, Arsenal)
<11 dice to attack. 6P, -2 AP, Reach 1.>
Stormtalon is a vibro-blade sword that Mirikon has had customized to his own design. When viewed through the AR, the blade appears to be crackling with electricity. The blade is etched with golden runes in Sperethiel, naming it. The hilt of the sword is decorated with a golden lightning bolt.

Tsunami (Vibro-blade Sword) (3200 nuyen) - (STR/2+4)P, -2 AP, Reach 1. (Pg 16, Arsenal)
<11 dice to attack. 6P, -2 AP, Reach 1.>
Tsunami is a vibro-blade sword that Mirikon has had customized to his own design. When viewed through the AR, the blade appears to be made of water, with water falling off the blade like a fountain. The blade is etched with blue runes in Sperethiel, naming it. The hilt of the sword is decorated with a crashing wave.

Survival Knife (50 nuyen) - (STR/2+1)P, -1 AP
<8 dice to Attack. 3P, -1 AP.>

Blood (Cougar Fineblade Long-blade) (2100 nuyen) - (STR/2+2)P, -1 AP (Pg 14, Arsenal)
<9 Dice to attack. 4P, -1 AP.>
Blood is a Cougar Fineblade Long-blade knife that Mirikon has had customized to his own design. When viewed through the AR, the blade appears to be coated in blood, which is constantly dripping from the blade whenever it is drawn, and sprays as it is wielded. The blade is engraved with black runes in Sperethiel, naming it.

Shadow (Cougar Fineblade Long-blade) (2100 nuyen) - (STR/2+2)P, -1 AP (Pg 14, Arsenal)
<9 dice to attack. 4P, -1 AP.>
Shadow is a Cougar Fineblade Long-blade knife that Mirikon has had customized to his own design. When viewed through the AR, the blade appears to be wrapped in shadow, making the blade appear inky black whenever it is drawn. The blade is engraved with glowing red runes in Sperethiel, naming it.

Frostbolt (Yamaha Sakura Fubuki) (5250 nuyen) - 4P, SA/BF, (1) RC, 4x10(ml) ammo.
**Personalized Grip - +1 RC. 1 Slot. (Pg 152, Arsenal)
**Integral Smartgun - +2 to ranged tests. 1 Slot. (Pg 153, Arsenal)
**Skinlink - Can default to Skinlink. 1 Slot. (Pg 153, Arsenal)
**Custom Look - Level 2. +3 to tests involving Reputation and Intimidation. 1 Slot. (Pg 150, Arsenal)
Hidden Gun Arm Slide (350 nuyen) - Bring weapon to hand as free action.
80 rounds EX-Explosive Ammo (800 nuyen) - +1 DV, -1 AP
<10 Dice to attack. 5P, -1 AP, SA/BF, 1(2) RC, 4x10(ml) ammo.>
Frostbolt is a Sakura Fubuki that Mirikon has had customized to his own design. This icy blue weapon is engraved with a snowflake on either side, and the metal parts of the weapon look as though they are frosted over. When viewed through the AR, an icy mist flows out of the gun's four muzzles.

Shocker (Yamaha Sakura Fubuki) (5250 nuyen) - 4P, SA/BF, (1) RC, 4x10(ml) ammo.
**Personalized Grip - +1 RC. 1 Slot. (Pg 152, Arsenal)
**Integral Smartgun - +2 to ranged tests. 1 Slot. (Pg 153, Arsenal)
**Skinlink - Can default to Skinlink. 1 Slot. (Pg 153, Arsenal)
**Custom Look - Level 2. +3 to tests involving Reputation and Intimidation. 1 Slot. (Pg 150, Arsenal)
Hidden Gun Arm Slide (350 nuyen) - Bring weapon to hand as free action.
80 rounds Stick-n-Shock ammo (640 nuyen) - 6S(e), -half AP
<10 Dice to attack. 6S(e), -half AP, SA/BF, 1(2) RC, 4x10(ml) ammo.>
Shocker is a Sakura Fubuki that Mirikon has had customized to his own design. When viewed through the AR, this weapon looks as though it is conducting raw electrical current, rippling with electric sparks, which ark outward from the four muzzles.
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 11:04 pm

The GM knows about your gear?? Whoa! Not bad for a 'beginning' Shadowrunner!
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 11:06 pm

PS Iceblade - if you are gonna walk around with all that crap with you - brother - I am walking on the other side of the street and I DO NOT KNOW YOU!

You are going to attract heat which we all do not want! That is why we are 'Shadow'runners
Back to top Go down
rntrndrw
Meat
Meat
rntrndrw

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-12-19

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 11:07 pm

Hey guys just got home, Im a little confused by whats going on with the coyotes, are we all taking seperate vehicles?
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 11:11 pm

Nah - I wanted to go with the coyote as my vehicle would get overtaken by the elderly riding a mobility scooter!
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 11:18 pm

Whoa! We could just about play on if the GM was with us! I just had a look at who was online!
Back to top Go down
rntrndrw
Meat
Meat
rntrndrw

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 11:19 pm

Same here, if its cool with you guys, can I just throw my character in there with you also. If theres room...
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 11:20 pm

Sure - theres room in the boot! LOL! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rntrndrw
Meat
Meat
rntrndrw

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 11:30 pm

FRAG!

Wheres the gm?

Im playing shadowrun on my sega right now to get in my shadowrun fix. I wish I knew people IRL to play with.
Back to top Go down
Stubbspks
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 11:51 pm

lol. it's 8am for me cut me some slack :-P I am catching up on the threads and then posting in Smile
Back to top Go down
Stubbspks
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 1:14 am

We'll do the Peaches bit after this segment Smile
Back to top Go down
rntrndrw
Meat
Meat
rntrndrw

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 8:20 am

Crap I gotta do some rolls now? Invisible Castle is it? Crap... Let me run over my book... Sorry im a noob, but what attributes are linked to hearing and visual? I cant find anything in my rulebook, either that or im not looking very good...
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 9:49 am

taniwhaiti wrote:
PS Iceblade - if you are gonna walk around with all that crap with you - brother - I am walking on the other side of the street and I DO NOT KNOW YOU!

You are going to attract heat which we all do not want! That is why we are 'Shadow'runners

It isn't like he goes around flaunting the AR overlays. They only activate when the weapon is drawn. And he doesn't draw them unless there's reason to. If there's a firefight going down, the fact that his blades are fancy will be the least of our worries, scan? Sure, he'd stick out in a high class corp neighborhood. He tends to stay in low class neighborhoods, where being armed at all times can mean the difference between you breathing, and lying in the gutter.

If he was constantly drawing the blades where people could see, that'd be one thing. But a little dramatic effect in the middle of a battle isn't going to have that much effect. And once he gets a bit of a rep, the blades can actually help, if used right. Afterall, you get a rep as being a stone cold killer, those gangbangers might think twice before starting something, no? And it also helps if there's 'interrogations' that need to be done.

He's a combat specialist, and the weapons are the only flashy things about him. In fact, they are the vast majority of his gear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves OOC   Parliament of Thieves OOC - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Parliament of Thieves OOC
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next