Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeEchoes of Egypt OOC - Page 2 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Echoes of Egypt OOC

Go down 
+11
Azonalanthious
Digital Doom
SwimmingEagle
scawire
pirateking89
Westmoreland
wngd_phantom
Gala
Havick1988
Dr_Cynic
Kesslan
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 1:23 am

I'm going to give everyone a little bit longer to get acquainted with each other ICly before resuming the official job pitch. I'd initially intended to dive right into it, but the flow of RP seemed to dictate this outcome and I like to go with the flow of things, hopefully without dragging out anything too long. That said, I tend to be a big advocate of groups RPing with each other.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 3:25 am

We ARE having a good time with this... The fun that can be had when an awakened Shapeshifter (who knows less than nothing about technology) is suddenly sharing personal space with an AI... It is turning out quite amusing on my side. I hope the rest of you are appreciating the antics!

Yeah, to supplement the comment about the Owl: She is a larger than average Great Horned Owl, which is the largest owl. An average adult GHO is 2 feet tall, and has a 5 foot wing span. Shan is noticeably larger than average, a least to any character who would recognize one. They are highly adaptable, and live in pretty much the entire americas (north and south), from the deserts to the mountains, and everything in between. They eat just about anything smaller than them, including other birds of prey.
For more info (for those of you who are interested):
http://www.wildzoofari.com/animals/great-horned-owl/

... They're also Nocturnal...
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 7:48 pm

Ok, gonna hold off on the J coming back for a tiny bit longer as we have a new player to replace phantom who bowed out.

I'll give the new player 2-3 days and then have the J come back.
Back to top Go down
pirateking89

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 1:18 pm

Kesslan: Got the OS bought, sheet should be good to go.

Everybody else:
Hopefully it'll be a pleasure to play with all of you. I'm new to shadowrun, so please feel free to bring mistakes/ tips on how to do things better to my attention.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 9:54 pm

Feel free to join in on the current thread. Rest of the team is assembled and the briefing will start shortly after you join the others.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 8:24 am

Just as a note:

If people are bringing vehicles, please state it here so I can keep track. If you don't though, it wont be available for a good while.
Back to top Go down
Dr_Cynic
Runner
Runner
Dr_Cynic

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2010-01-16

Character sheet
Character Name: Alex Roaring Bear
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 2:36 pm

I will be bringing my off-road bike.
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Number of posts : 612
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Night Fist
Race: Ork
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 2:04 pm

sorry if I jumped the gun on the questions before you tell us what is on the data but this way you only have to post once or twice if I think of any more questions.

Night has no vehicle so nothing needs to be transported for him.

Have a great valentines day I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 1:53 am

Re: Artemis and the "Alleged AI"

When the Commlinks went to "Local Only" traffic, that would have cut off any hacker out there... the only logical remaining solutions are that this is a con that Shan set up intentionally, or that it is a legit AI. I can definitely see the logic in accusing Shan, but that won't go very far... She probably won't even understand the accusation.
Back to top Go down
Havick1988
Team Leader
Team Leader
Havick1988

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Havick
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 2:06 am

... *lighbulb lit up* Thankyou Gala that just gave me a totaly new way to go about RPing this AI, however unfortunatly, or fortuitously (whichever point of view your looking at) i cannot act on this idea at the moment as there is no IC reason for me to start acting as such. so untill that happens or dosnt happen i will keep going about the same way i have ^.^
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 12:14 pm

Uh oh... What kind of trouble did I just set myself up for?!?

That's what I get for OOC honesty... see if I do THAT again! Wink
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 12:21 pm

I hope you're all enjoying my misquoted idioms as much as I am... Smile
Back to top Go down
Dr_Cynic
Runner
Runner
Dr_Cynic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 12:55 pm

Now lets make like a tree and get out of here... ^_^

So, is everyone agreed, or is someone lagging behind?
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 4:12 pm

Yeah, looks like it! Smile
Let's get this party ignited!
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 11:12 am

Heheh... Someone should tell her that it's "Throw a wrench in things"... Hammer... Where did this girl learn english?!

I CAN'T believe that you guys aren't correcting and/or teasing Shan for messing up her idioms... I would be ALL OVER that IRL.
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Number of posts : 612
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Night Fist
Race: Ork
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 4:06 pm

Well Night is very say only a few things especially until he knows everyone better.

I'm a bit new to shapeshifter characters so what can you change into just one human form and the owl or is there the ability to mimic other characters.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 6:10 pm

Shapeshifters and Drakes can only transform into their true form (Animal/Drake) and their metahuman form. By default the metahuman form is human, though it's possible to pay extra in CG to have the metahuman form be some other race. This is however, only generally possible in games where you start with more than the base 400 BP to create a character as creating a drake or shifter is extremely BP intensive and to have your metahuman form be anything other than human you must pay the racial BP cost -10 for shifters (don't recall what if any difference there is for drakes), on top of your base racial cost.

I can still be done on 400BP but you'll be extremely limited skill/ability wise.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 6:50 am

I concur with Kesslan's statements above.

From an RP perspective, it is important to realize that "True Form" is to be taken literally. A shapeshifter is an animal, capable of taking human form. Not the other way around.
What that means to an RP situation is that the Shapeshifter thinks like an animal. Behaves like an animal. Speaks like an animal.

In our game, I am attempting to make an IC joke out of it, by pointing out that in using idioms, or sayings, a shapeshifter may attempt to mimic a human and their habits... but they are likely to get the more complex ones wrong, like idioms. As I get my shapeshifter legs more under me, and RP allows for it, I will attempt to bring in MORE situations that are so obviously wrong for a human, but perfectly normal to an animal.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 9:01 am

BTW Gala if you want some insight on playing shapeshifters you may want to take a peek at the new Running Wild book as that has some more information on interactions of various non human races with a small section on shapeshifter interactions that covers the basics of how they get along with metahumanity and with non awakened animals of their species (Which is apparently generally not very well at all in some cases)
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 9:30 am

Yeah, I bought it about 2 weeks ago and I am pretty excited about it. I am taking it piece by piece though, and since one of my Table-Top games revolves significantly around Dragons, I read that section first. I am moving on to the Shapeshifter section now. It will help me both on the forum, and in one of my other Table-Top games.
Back to top Go down
Dr_Cynic
Runner
Runner
Dr_Cynic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 9:32 am

There you go Gala, you've got someone laughing at your misquotation. Heh.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 9:35 am

It's about *BLEEP*ing time! Wink
Back to top Go down
Westmoreland
Meat
Meat

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2009-07-05

Character sheet
Character Name: Marcus

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 1:00 am

I worked as a translator for some time, and got used to dealing with non-native speakers, who mess up idioms, colloquialisms, and odd grammatical constructions all the time, so I tend to just ignore that sort of thing. I automatically filter it out/edit it in my head . . .

. . . and let's say Artemis does, too.
Back to top Go down
Dr_Cynic
Runner
Runner
Dr_Cynic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 1:50 am

Sorry I haven't been posting much. Been busy, and right now I'm too tired to type a coherent post. I'll get one up tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 3:55 pm

As a heads up folk, I'll let you work out what planning you want to RP through ETC and then short cut to the plane landing in Egypt. The flight would take quite some time so you can ICly take just about as much time as you'd like to do some planning ahead of time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Echoes of Egypt OOC
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next