Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeEchoes of Egypt OOC - Page 3 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Echoes of Egypt OOC

Go down 
+11
Azonalanthious
Digital Doom
SwimmingEagle
scawire
pirateking89
Westmoreland
wngd_phantom
Gala
Havick1988
Dr_Cynic
Kesslan
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 1:14 pm

BTW.

If people want me to just move things along, just say so here. I just want to make sure you all have enough time for intergroup RP as well as getting into the actual meat of the run.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 3:05 pm

We will. My sense is that that is going to come soon, since we may be nearing the point at which further strategizing is simply an exercize in theoreticizing... (pardon the spelling) But, I expect that there is some exciting RP yet to come. I will speak up when I feel we've hit the point of no return, and I expect everyone else will throw in their .02Y to the same effect when they are ready as well.

Thanks for the heads-up on that one though.
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Number of posts : 612
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Night Fist
Race: Ork
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 6:32 pm

I was wonder we have 15000 up front and then another 50000 payment later right not 15000 up front and 35000 later right just to help keep my books in order. Thanks

GO CANADA YAYA 7 to 1 we should win this one.

That's right I'm a crazy Canuck.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 7:07 pm

No, it's a total payment of 50,000.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 11:51 am

Hehe... an interesting question that somehow managed to get the goat of both the metas in the room, and the non-metas...! I'll bet we can't all find innocent questions that will successfully peeve off both metas and animals...
But, yeah, I am going out on a limb to say that asking a woman her age is universally unacceptable... regardless of species. Smile
Back to top Go down
Havick1988
Team Leader
Team Leader
Havick1988

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Havick
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 5:16 pm

this will get interesting once things progress after the plane trip. HAL holds a grudge against West's character, i think it will be interesting to see how things go on that front
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 3:15 pm

And, now that we know HAL is a female, it WOULD be interesting to see what happened if West's character asked her age...
Back to top Go down
Havick1988
Team Leader
Team Leader
Havick1988

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 3:54 pm

Ah, but is HAL Female? the form that HAL has taken is only because gender means abolutly nothing to it, and that the word Female hapened t obe what was on the comlink for gender and thats what it searched for.
Back to top Go down
Havick1988
Team Leader
Team Leader
Havick1988

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 10:21 pm

Ah, the fun yet time consuming task of my last post, i hope i succeded in my tests i would hate for my efforts to have gone in vain for that
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 12:06 am

I'll have to double check what's required to pull off what you want tomorrow night after I get home from work. Off the top of my head I"m not certain even 4 hits is enough to filter out such a specific message as that, given that just detecting some one running in hidden mode is a 15/1 turn extended test. While the link in question is likely not in hidden mode it's still a very specific thing to intercept and do when doing a 'general' search of wireless traffic, so I need to look up the rules.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 7:03 pm

Ok, so looking things over, to actually fully intercept the message, you would have to be granted admin access to the comlink in question. 'Sniffing' out the wireless traffic simply lets you look at it and copy it (provided it's not encrypted, in which case you also need to break the encryption).

In this particular case no mention (that I caught at least) mentioned the device being in hidden mode, so the wireless transmission itself would be relatively easy to eavesdrop on. Doubly so as there's no encryption on it (IE No encryption program is in use).

What this means is you can copy/edit a a copy of the message, but not the actual message itself without hacking the comlink or being granted admin access first. So right now with the actions you've taken you can send off a second message that's a garbled version of the first, but the recipient would receive both the garbled and the normal copy.

Then there's the matter of intercepting that specific bit of traffic, so if you want to actually try hacking the link /before/ the message is sent you'd have to basically do an opposed imitative test, win said test, and pretty much manage to hack your way in and grant yourself admin access within the space of two simple actions granted by the first pass.

Of course once you have admin access you can do just about anything.
Back to top Go down
Havick1988
Team Leader
Team Leader
Havick1988

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 12:43 am

yea, im not going to try that just yet so i will leave the post as it is (after have removing me scrambling the message)
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 12:38 pm

Gonna give the other two players another day to post. If I dont see a response from them tomorrow, I'll just go ahead with the GM post.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 7:26 pm

Sorry bout the delay in getting the post up. RL had me pinned down for a little while.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 12:18 pm

To speed things up, if you folk want to discuss what you'd like to try to get OOCly before hand feel free to do so. Availability and time restrictions are giong to be all by SR4A rules by and large, but don't expect to score anything too fancy through the guy.
Back to top Go down
Havick1988
Team Leader
Team Leader
Havick1988

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 2:05 pm

i would actualy like to try and get some system,firewall,signal and responce upgraded rating 6 and software upgrades for the programs i have. other than that i dont need anything else
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Number of posts : 612
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Night Fist
Race: Ork
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 2:09 pm

Ok I've voiced what I want a run down is as fallows

My Gear

3 Force 2 Binding Material
1 desert survival kit (just in case)

Group Gear

Communication with sub vocal for the group (I don't want to pay for all of them but If I do they go on my character sheet.)

Recommendations
Next I would recommend some equipment to get through doors if anyone has the skills to use such things (Mag lock pass key, sequencer etc.
Alpha I suggest you too get some spirits binded to yourself.
Bindings to hold our prisoner

Any more suggestions are welcome.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 3:13 pm

Ok, I made a suggestion... Shan thinks too many faces might creep the guy... Probly not the case, but that's what she thinks. She offered to go winging around the city instead, and asked if anyone wanted her to look at anything in particular. Feel free to post in with responses to her.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 7:57 pm

Ok so Shan, are you going to go do a recon?

If not what?

Everyone else: Who is going to visit the dealer? If your not going to the dealer what are you planning on doing?

Things are stalling out and need to get rolling again, but you guys also need to decide what you want to do. I've got no issue with hand waving most of the running around and dumping you in front of the compound, but you need at least some basic plan or you will get chewed up.
Back to top Go down
Dr_Cynic
Runner
Runner
Dr_Cynic

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2010-01-16

Character sheet
Character Name: Alex Roaring Bear
Race: Troll

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 8:10 pm

Well, I'm going to get some binding equipment like the other guy, so headed to the dealer.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 8:18 pm

Ok so if I don't see any more responses in the near future I'm just gonna have those still with us head to the arms dealer.

Seems we lost a few folk along the way. If this is the case I'll see about replacing them before the team has to actually do the job, but worst case I'll just NPC them and will have them replaced after this run is done.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 8:19 am

I think we're ready... Let's do it!!

Shan is going to keep an eye on you all from above; with HAL to relay anything important. No one but a mage would notice an owl circling 1k above in dusk... And a mage should assume she's hungry.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 9:08 am

Hey Gala, just as a suggestion on something you can get done relatively cheaply, get your comlink equipped with skinlink and gecko grip. Combine that with nanopaste trodes and then you have no issues accessing your comlink in either form, and taking it with you should be pretty easy too as the gecko grip should allow it to latch onto a few potential surfaces (Leg possibly?) without screwing up your flight in any noticeable manner. You also need a pair of contacts with an image link since technically speaking you have no real way of interfacing with your comlink at the moment except through perhaps the screen on your PDA.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 9:40 am

Yeah, it makes perfect sense to us, knowing the technology. And it's cheap and simple enough to do. But from an RP perspective, until someone mentions it to Shan, she won't think of it herself. It's not like she grew up with technology... She just doesn't think that way.
Now, if HAL were to complain... Or someone else in the group who tries to get in touch with her and is exasperated by the binary requirement on responses... Maybe someone in the group who is FAR more experienced with technology than she is might decide to suggest it... We'll have to see how things work out in that respect.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 4:18 pm

K I'm gonna give sca and dark a few more days to post and then just skip them and move ahead with just Havik and Gala.

If we really do wind up being down to two people I'll try and pick up some new players to fill the gaps before you guys actually go on the run itself, if you want me to. Though worst case I'll just put all the folk that flaked out on NPC status for the first part of the run and bring in new folk once things move along a little more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Egypt OOC   Echoes of Egypt OOC - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Echoes of Egypt OOC
Page 3 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next