Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeA Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC - Page 4 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC

Go down 
+3
outpost_2
rcoverdale
Gala
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Sureal
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sureal

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2010-06-07

Character sheet
Character Name: Medusa (Face)
Race: Elf
Sex: Female

A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC   A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 1:15 pm

I knew it I knew it...!!!!!!!!! turning my music up louder did help me dice roll
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC   A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 1:16 pm

I have GOT to try that!
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC   A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 3:17 pm

O2, waiting for you to update your post
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC   A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 6:53 am

I need some clarification on "Dive into Alvin". Is this physical, or as a rigger? Are you taking Alvin over mentally?
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC   A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 11:54 am

O2... Shoot over your answer to me when you get a chance please? I will post up as soon as I get it.

Also, while I am waiting, Sureal, would you drop me a cyber-combat defense roll please? Rex is retaliating...
Back to top Go down
outpost_2
Team Leader
Team Leader
outpost_2

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Clinton Taylor
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC   A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 7:23 pm

diving means I take direct control of a drone in full vr mode. they move on my initiative. oh and unfortunately tomorrow i have to go for a week long field problem... so I will have zero access to the internet till Friday at the earliest... stupid military drills getting in the way of my fun.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC   A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 8:02 am

Ok, since O2 is out... I am going to have to try and figure out how to NPC him for a few rounds, since I don't want to wait for his return. That cool with everyone?
Back to top Go down
Sureal
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sureal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC   A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 10:04 am

works for me
Back to top Go down
rcoverdale
Meat
Meat
rcoverdale

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Character sheet
Character Name: Caper
Race: Dwarf

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC   A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 3:53 pm

5x5
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC   A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 4:09 pm

See, NOW is the time for that physical barrier... lock him in, then he can't call anyone!
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC   A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 4:10 pm

I'll post up for Sam tomorrow. Sureal, you can post, since your actions don't effect the fleshies for the moment.
Back to top Go down
Sureal
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sureal

Character sheet

PostSubject: test   A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 8:52 pm

Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC   A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 1:58 pm

looks like you got it figured out!
Back to top Go down
rcoverdale
Meat
Meat
rcoverdale

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC   A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:19 pm

"As a character records damage on his Condition Monitor, he suffers
certain effects that simulate real-life injuries. For every 3 boxes of cumulative
damage taken on a Condition Monitor track, the character
suffers a –1 wound modifier." SR4A Pg. 163 Wound Modifiers

Thusly, with 2 boxes of damage, would you not be at no penalties. The way I read it, it isn't until your third box of damage that you begin to take the penalties and every three thereafter. It is also cumulative so if I have 3 boxes of stun and 3 boxes of phsyical I would be at -2.

Just pointing that out to see if I am wrong. Also, do I need a perception check to see the vehicles we are here for or are they clearly close by? My actions in my forthcoming post depend on whether the vehicles are there or not.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC   A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:59 pm

Nope. First box of damage results in a -1 penalty. 4th box ups your penalty to -2. And so on.

The vehicles are within 10 feet, obvious, and Sheila has conveniently parked right in front of them (well, they are behind Sheila now, in order to make it easiest to get them in the rear door.
Back to top Go down
Sureal
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sureal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC   A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:04 pm

and i am a technomancer i dont have Condition Monitor and i was stating how many boxes of stun i had i know i was still only at -1 wound penalty
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC   A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:19 pm

Although, RC, your info does force the question somewhat, doesn't it? When did they change the rules regarding damage? I am going to have to look in to that. For now, however, we are going to keep playing by the old rules, where penalty applies at the first box of damage. I will consider the new rules carefully and decide what I want to do with them once I have. Thanks for pointing it out!
Back to top Go down
rcoverdale
Meat
Meat
rcoverdale

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC   A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 10:09 pm

I don't recall when the rule was changed or if it was, I know that in the original 4th edition book I interpreted it the same way. Someone "cleaned" my living room though so I don't know where my original book is to quote so I had to quote my digital Anniversary Edition.
Back to top Go down
rcoverdale
Meat
Meat
rcoverdale

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC   A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 10:54 pm

"As a character records damage on his Condition Monitor, he suffers
certain effects that simulate the effects of real-life injuries. For every 3 boxes of cumulative
damage taken on a Condition Monitor track, the character
suffers a –1 wound modifier." SR4 Pg. 153-154 Wound Modifiers

It says the same thing in my old SR4 book (slightly different wording but the same thing).
It is the

Corrected Second Printing by FanPro LLC.

As evidenced in the credits on page 13.

Perhaps you have a First Printing where it may have been printed wrong.

Not trying to be difficult just trying to make sure we are all on the same page.
Back to top Go down
Sureal
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sureal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC   A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 10:56 pm

thats what my book says
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC   A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:08 am

Ok, I read, and re-read the rule, and it is definitely ambiguous. Since they have changed the wording in 4th Edition, and 4A, it is good that you are paying attention, and that you noticed and brought this up. Thank you again. Also, I just posted this in the General Chat to allow other players and GMs to comment on it. Again, it's a good thing you noticed!

On review, I have decided to continue to adjudicate my games with the interpretation that I have previously written. That is:
-1 Condition Modifier for 1-3 boxes of damage. -2 Condition Modifier for 4-6 boxes of damage. And so on. And, as you correctly pointed out, the physical and stun Condition Modifiers are cumulative with each other. So for 1 box of physical damage, and 1 box of stun damage, they BOTH confer a -1 cumulative Condition Modifier, for a total Condition Modifier of -2.
Back to top Go down
Sureal
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sureal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC   A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 11:38 am

Ok i guess i am going to attempt to shut down this thing i believe this falls under a hacking- spoof attempt i looked around and this is the only thing i can find .
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC   A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 11:41 am

In fact, this would fall under a somewhat unique power... You mentioned it several times in your back-story, so I decided to incorporate it into the game. Since you couldn't control it, I will offer it up, occasionally, as a potential benefit. And sometimes it will happen by accident.
Back to top Go down
Sureal
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sureal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC   A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 11:45 am

sounds cool the cab driver not going to like it it most likely shut him down as well
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC   A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 11:54 am

Yep... It won't be pretty! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC   A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Time For Secrets - New Recruits OOC
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next