Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeOOC - We Be Gangers - Page 5 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

OOC - We Be Gangers

Go down 
+7
Suspect
wngd_phantom
Drugged dwarf
Kazuki jotaro
Ghostmaker
Forged
Gala
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 8:01 am

So, ahh, what's going on? You all decide that since Ghostmaker can't post, the rest of you won't either?

Reminder: Janesta just called (on conference) the entire group in the Junkyard with a "distress call" from one of her friend's commlinks nearby. Are you going to answer? What are you going to say? What are you doing while you answer? Remember that some unknown dude just literally passed out right in front of you; and it looks like an epileptic seizure. I'm not sure what you're planning, but I, personally, would have some thoughts about that; and likely a reaction.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 9:29 am

I see sorry if i postponed the game sorry. Umm ill post in tonight np. Jenesta would not happen to have a deck of playing cards would she? hmmm need to borrow one.

Last edited by Ghostmaker on Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Priest Sarah Gaven
Race: ork
Sex: female

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 10:29 am

Sorry for the wait from me. I'm down and out with a cold, i'll try to pull something together today.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 3:19 pm

Thanks for the update Phantom. Hope you get better!
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 11:02 am

Hey O2, go ahead and post up what you would normally have in your pockets. My guess (if I had to guess) would be that you have a weapon or two, probably a handful of drone parts, your commlink, and a credstick or two (at least one of which also has your ID).
Back to top Go down
Forged
Meat
Meat

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2011-01-10

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 1:58 pm

I don't know how much the stuff we had cost, but I'll pay that plus an extra 100, just gimme a price
Back to top Go down
Forged
Meat
Meat

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2011-01-10

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 2:50 pm

Sorry for the double post. I did a driving roll on my previous post and decided to narrate the almost glitch I got. Also I still need to pay for the scrap and would love a price. Smile I'm really enjoying this game so far. I can wait for the whole group to be together again!
Back to top Go down
outpost_2
Team Leader
Team Leader
outpost_2

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Clinton Taylor

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 5:52 pm

i am wondering if tink pulled out the fiber wire from the commlink or the datalink? its important from the rp standpoint...YAY!!!! lol sorry im haveing a great time reading everyones characters they are so fun and unique!!
Back to top Go down
johnnytenpins
Meat
Meat
johnnytenpins

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-12-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 6:57 pm

Tink didnt mess with the wire connecting the two while in the van, after all with an random unconscious body, who knows what that might do...
Back to top Go down
outpost_2
Team Leader
Team Leader
outpost_2

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 7:03 pm

thats probably for the best... I am so happy I was able to get a copy of the shadowrun War! supplement im so happy!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 8:10 pm

I already have the price mostly worked out, but you have to do the negotiations... You don't think Rakker is going to pass up on a chance to do some good hard-core haggling do you?

OOHHH: I haven't gotten the War! supplement yet... I will have to take a look through it!
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 8:12 pm

Whats in this war supplement everyone is talking about hmmm? Iv not herd anything lol kinda out of the loop these days.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 9:15 am

Hey guys, this is really turning out to be a lot of fun for me. Thank you all for participating!
Back to top Go down
Drugged dwarf
Runner
Runner

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2010-09-15

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 11:03 am

I'm loving it as well! you're incredibly active!
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 8:03 am

Ok, in-game time is now mid-afternoon. Runder, you've just finished your work, and are now physically free to join the group.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 1:36 am

I'm heading out for Vacation for a week. I will have access to a computer, but I won't be posting regularly.

I will try to keep up at least once per day...
Back to top Go down
outpost_2
Team Leader
Team Leader
outpost_2

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 6:02 am

have fun on vacation gala. everyone needs a little r&r now and then!
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 6:13 pm

Ok wait how far apart were we all from each other? know one said. i thought i had some space, but your saying I started right next to the guy that took out his knives before we started? That don't sound like Body, I said "across from you two." hmmm? now that i think of it across is not a unit of measurement. but i expected we had all been in neutral corners before we started. Is that not the case? If it is, then phantom i ask you how far can you leap? a roof is larger then two meters. so i think you have to charge to get to me. i'v been reading melee all day lol so i could be wrong, in the needing a charge. Let me know before i post my action. I need to know if i gotta interrupt or not before i roll. K thx for your patients. I'm hosting a birthday party lol. Wish we had a map of the roof oh well G's on vacation she deserves it...

Edit: Second question sorry just thought of it. are you punching me unarmed or slicing me blades or both using the handle back for the punching action that would probably fall under blades too. Again you know more then me about SR4 and any sr for that matter i just know how to fight thats not much help in rules for fantasy... .lol Laughing
And finally are we using advanced combat rules or no probably not i see your couching us. thanks by the way for keeping track. Just saying i suck at rules but i wanna gm one day and well you gotta learn right?

Second edit: Question am i over doing it here on the melee or you guys cool with questions like this ill stop and just roll if you want lol
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 8:27 pm

1. What does Assuming do? I assumed we were all up close and fair since all of us were going with melee.
  2. Leaping has nothing to do with a charge, that was part of an rp, i wasn't crouched either.
  3. So to answer your question, no i wasn't charging, since i assumed we were all in range.
  4. I'm not using my fist, i'm not using the pommel, i'm using the knife. As i mentioned.
  5. I would rather have you ask a question then not know.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 8:37 pm

Yes you did say that you had the knife in hand, but you said hook and punch in your description, so got confused(my bad). Thank you for your explanations. In truth it does not really matter to me, But i want everyone to be on the same page is all so we can "all" have more fun. i suppose as you thought we were close i thought we had neutral corners, which is also fair if you ask me. I'm going to start my post now, thanks so much for your help. sorry so long... Oh sorry KJ for making you wait...
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 10:28 am

There is no such thing as a full parry. The full defense is Reaction + Melee abilitly/dodge + dodge. You can't use your unarmed combat twice, i'll reroll for you so we can keep this moving. Sadly though, because you don't have dodge, you have to default... which is reaction 7 + unarmed 4 - default (dodge) 2 = 9. That and since you opted for full defense, you used your saved move. Which could be a good or a bad thing, you at least get to act during the second IP.

As for if we are using advanced rules, like from arsenal. Since our beloved GM did okay anything from that book and others, i would say yes.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 12:50 pm

SR4 pg 160 of the 20th anniversary which i Believe Gala uses. SAYS and i quote Matter fact hold on ill copy and paste it for you one sec.

Full Parry: Characters who go on full parry roll (melee combat
skill x 2) + Reaction against any and all melee attacks made against
them. Full parry may not be used against ranged attacks.

So if you don't have the new rule book i understand you confusion but my roll stands. no worrys! unless Gala says other wise. Which im pretty sure she wont. i dont want to bother her on vacation though. But dont change my post until she says other wise PLEASE. thanks for trying to a help me yeah. im sick though flu and so i wont be posting much need bed rest im frezzing in a hot apartment makes no sense to me. if i dont get back on pm me ill get to itl lata
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 1:03 pm

alright, i found it, full parry. Go figure.

I changed my post to reflect the right amount of damage, but it still stands that you did a full parry so you lose your action for this pass.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 1:56 pm

Phantom, that's not how initiative works. You add the total hits to your total dice pool, the final number is the actual initiative result.

In this case, the functional result won't be different, but there are good reasons for this. One, specifically, so that when you subtract damage modifiers from initiative, it's actually meaningful for a while.

Final result will be:

Body: 10+4=14
Leon 9+2=11
Jason 5+1=6

Also, many thanks for stepping in as Moderator while I am out. It doesn't look like I will be able to post very often during this break. And: You forgot to mention to KJ that in melee combat the opponent has a counter-roll. It's part of what makes melee combat fun!

Edit: Keep track of initiative passes, since Body and Leon are both augmented, and get more passes than Jason.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 2:45 pm

yeah yeah i did not loose my action i used it to defend my self part of why i with held my action. Thought i would need it just for something like that, i was right. "go figure." I'm so sick not getting any better. Ill post up tomorrow lata! OH having a blast G this is my only source of fun at the moment because im sick so ill be here to finish in the morrow good luck guys and thanks for stepping in phantom i know your busy this time of year. but we need some one to keep us on track so thanks...

PS in the future please let me roll for body i might want to use edge or pull something out of my hat no disrespect i just have nothing else to do. i know you were trying to keep it moving but still thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOC - We Be Gangers   OOC - We Be Gangers - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

OOC - We Be Gangers
Page 5 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next