Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeTwinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 18 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)

Go down 
+8
Darkon
PresentPresence
Kouryuu.LV
Starcraft
Gala
Faust
Jagger
Kesslan
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 18 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 3:47 pm

That is correct, 200 Meters, past this threshold everything takes 30P impact damage -5P for every additional 100 meters. Meaning you must be a bare minimum of about 800 meters from the epicentre of the blast to avoid damage. ((Or about half a mile away). This is a very easy task with a vehicle meaning you guys actually have a lot of time to get out.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 18 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 7:50 am

I don't know if additional hits on a healing roll can help regenerate the hand. I would hope so. Also, I didn't know how badly Andrealphus was hurt. And hence don't know the drain threshold.

I know it's metagaming, but I haven't used edge on Andrealphus healing, knowing he will be removed from game anyway. I think that edge can be used better by and for the still playing. Wink
Back to top Go down
Tenaka
Meat
Meat
Tenaka

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2011-08-27

Character sheet
Character Name: TK
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 18 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 10:24 pm

Quick question, in shadowrun are vehicles able to drive themselves? For instance can one drive itself from point A to point B without direct input from a driver?
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 18 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 4:52 am

That depends on the level of it's piloting program and it's control type but generally the answer is yes.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 18 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 9:25 am

@Darkon: FYI - Drain on Healing is not DV/2, it is DV-2. So if Spawn's DV was 6, your Drain target will be 4, not 3. It's immaterial, since you hit the threshhold anyway, but I just wanted to make sure you were clear on that.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 18 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:58 am

Thank you Gala. I seem to have confused this. But fortunately, it does not matter this time. Next time, I hope to take better care.

As for the cars, they are capable of driving alone. But the better the pilot rating, the better they can handle unexpected events like roadblocks, other drivers, go gangs and the like.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 18 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 12:12 pm

Yes, well, they are theoretically capable of driving alone, if they can start, and be programmed. As for Roadblocks and Go-Gangs, they aren't really programmed to handle those at all. Regardless of the pilot rating; you need an active program piloting them for those situations; or better: a rigger.

In order for a car to drive itself, we'll needto satisfy the following steps:

1. Think of it. - This is important, we are in a stressful situation, and we're not riggers... This is not an automatic thought. Sha'hGrim clearly has not thought of it herself.
2. Determine if the cars can start.
3. Program them to follow a vehicle (or map to a point/address/coordinates).
4. Do this all in less than 1 minute (perhaps 1:30). Time is ticking!

Regardless of our character's levels of damage, the first point assumes a fair amount. I tried to "push" that thought a bit by addressing the cars in the first place. But even that was a stretch for Sha'hGrim's -6 wound penalty. There is no way she'll think of turning on the autopilot; but since she's driving an MPUV, towing will be a no-brainer for her vehicle. Under any non-combat conditions, she won't even notice the extra handling/weight. So, before you decide to throw that out there, consider your character's tech-savvy. If they wouldn't consider that under normal circumstances, chances are they wouldn't think of it now. Metagaming or no.
The fourth is just as important. If the vehicle has trouble starting, or needs some maintenance before it can manage to self-Pilot, then there's no room for error here. We have a literal "Hard Stop" which we're not in any real danger of hitting at the moment (I believe), but vehicle maintenance would change that picture significantly. Attaching a chain is quick and dirty, gets the job done, and can be completed quite quickly.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 18 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 3:54 pm

I'll note that right now some one having a vehicle winch would have been handy, but i don't think any of you went with that option.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 18 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 3:57 pm

Also i'm holding off a bit on a GM post to see if our supposedly new player will actually post in as promised. Due to some RL considerations he may not be able to actually joint at this point, in which case I'll try and find you guys some one else. He's not been fully introduced at this point beyond taking out the drone and doing a few other background things that the PC's have yet to notice so if I keep it that way I won't even have to try and some how retcon anything or what have you.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 18 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 6:54 pm

Yup, vehicle winch would have been handy! Sha'hGrim certainly didn't get it. But, honestly, just a 1-inch rope would do; or a chain. Though it takes longer.
Back to top Go down
SidneyL
Meat
Meat

Registration date : 2012-02-06

PostSubject: Hi all!   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 18 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 11:19 pm

Hi all!

So, let me introduce myself a bit- I, in a momentary lapse in reason, grabbed breakfast with the esteemed Kesslan a couple of weeks ago. While we ate puppies and threw kittens into a blender he talked about Shadowrun.

You see, I've been a fan of Battletech for years. All the way back to the FASA days...so I was 'familiar' with Shadowrun. Familiar in the sense that I knew vaguely what it was- seen the books... been wanting to learn more about it, but never had the opportunity sense. And lo and behold! Kesslan is running a game online, and needed another player.

Sure, I said! Sign me up!

Then the character creation occurred. And I got a sense I may have bitten off more than I can chew.

Kesslan's assured me you'll all go easy on me... I still need to track down the main rulebook. And read it.

So, with a lingering sense of doom... I committed. Sure- have something up in a few days.

Then...work happened. Rough week.

And by then, I- well- procrastinated a bit. In any case, I got an informative text yesterday that it's put up or shut up Wink Kesslan's like a cat, you see. All nice and warm and then the claws come out and he's talking about invisible trip wires in some old Shadowrun game that accidentally turned his players into 'chunky salsa' (He's assured me that this won't happen. Or at least, not at the beginning... Laughing )

So yeah, I put a post up. It's only a couple of paragraphs at best- I should have been in bed hours ago...and I figure I'll just...dip my foot in the water first, before diving into the deepend.

TL;DR - Sorry I held the game up- I'm here (FINALLY) and I'm looking forward to having a fun game with you all!

EDIT: Apparently you'll have to Google Denny's "Pancake Puppies" and the card game "Kittens in a Blender" as I can't post links for a week... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Tenaka
Meat
Meat
Tenaka

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 18 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 2:27 am

Welcome to the game Sidney.

Unfortunately don't have a winch, closest Edgar has is a climbing kit which I would hope would come with rope, though I doubt it would be strong enough to tow his van. He did have a ram plate installed though lol As far as I can tell his van(which has most of his stuff) didn't take any damage during the ambush, and as for the programming part of it, he's got "smarts" enough that he could possibly figure out how to program it to follow, knowledge wise(I think that would fall under one of the skills in the Electronics group) though it would probably take him a while to figure it out
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 18 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 7:47 am

Actually I'd probably say that programming a vehicles pilot program would take the piloting skill of the vehicle type it is. IE Ground craft for cars, bikes etc.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 18 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 9:07 am

Welcome Sydney; SRO is a great place to play an on-going PBP Shadowrun game. You should definitely get involved with a table-top game as well, though, as they tend to play quite differently.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 18 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 11:32 am

I'll just say now, since it's starting to look likely once I ran through an estimation of everyone's time, you can (in a vehicle at least) easily survive the outer blast radius as it's only 5P. Crash tests and the like would be likely results however and your vehicles would all likely need some repair afterwards but you'd live and have potentially some good loot to show for it.

Also I did the calculations and if you go at least 60mph you can clear the blast zone in 30 seconds, of course you have to accelerate to that point first... but you can gain acceleration every combat turn up to your vehicles accel per combat turn. (3 seconds)
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 18 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 2:04 pm

Hello Sidney. Welcome to the game. Once you read through the hundreds of pages, just start playing. The game won't be that complicated anymore after you played it for a bit. The rules are, in a way, logical. And there are many people here who are always willing to help with the rules. At least that's my experience.

As for the driving, I thought Edgar would drive Darkons car. Hence Darkon did authorize the car to accept a guest driver. Well, nevermind. He'll have to simply hurry. Wink
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 18 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 7:28 pm

Edgar might, but Edgar has yet to post if he's doing that or not. Razz
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 18 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 7:53 am

The Passenger seat is available in Sha'hGrim's car too, so there's plenty of seating available. Also, if Edgar suggests, Sha'hGrim won't even think twice about authorizing him to drive hers. She's not terribly in the game... If you follow. That said, she wouldn't think of it.

We also have Alexia to worry about, since she hasn't posted her actions. That said, she can probably shift and outrun the blast radius without a car. A fox can max out at near 30; flat out for 2 minutes is more than enough time to clear that, and comfortably!
Back to top Go down
Tenaka
Meat
Meat
Tenaka

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 18 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 10:41 pm

Sorry for the wait, was caught up in homework land and didn't notice it was midterm week. On a good note, done with midterms and almost fully caught up on homework.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 18 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 6:47 am

Ahh; homework and midterms... Those were the days...
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 18 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 7:15 am

Starcraft: I don't know what everyone else is waiting for, but I'm waiting for you. Sha'hGrim heard your comment, but didn't quite get it. She needs you to elaborate.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 18 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 2:00 pm

I'll be getting a GM post up as soon as our newest member posts. He's just been confused as to what's going on etc as well as being unfamiliar with the rule system. Hopefully should have everything sorted out in a day or two.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 18 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 2:27 pm

You can encourage him to post questions to the OOC board too. I know I'll be more than happy to lend a hand (though he does need access to the basic books, so that we can guide him in those) and I think it's safe to say that the rest of the crew will pitch in as they are able as well! That way, he can get some extra perspective on his questions, and it will keep him in the habit of posting regularly.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 18 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 4:14 pm

Aye. I'll be loanIng him my old sr4 book. I've already told em there's a number of rules differences between 4 and 4a but it'll give him a good start on getting up to date on the setting.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 18 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 12:15 pm

Gala, if you didn't accept the app you wont hear what Sidney is saying. Only those who have accepted it (which at least two people have done) will get it.

Also please keep in mind that Sid still hasn't used up his actions so his arrival is actually before most of you have even left but while your all busy still loading up the vehicles or getting into them yourselves and starting to drive off. Keep in mind there's a bit of a time dilation effect going on because some of you posted far more actions than others like Sid, and actions are still being acted out in accordance with the number of combat turns it takes, not by post order as you all just sort of rushed off and started doing your own thing. (this is also why the GM post mentions Tenaka and Star had several minutes worth of actions for thier chars, while Gala, Darkkon etc had almost none left).

I've also not seen a roll from Jagger to see if he regains consciousness so I'll be poking him via PM to do that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)
Page 18 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next