Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeTwinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 10 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)

Go down 
+8
Darkon
PresentPresence
Kouryuu.LV
Starcraft
Gala
Faust
Jagger
Kesslan
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 10 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 2:07 pm

Jagger wrote:
ok, let's see if I can catch up:
no
yes
yes
no
no
urm...maybe
no comment
HA! That's funny!

Ok, if you can't see the picture, just ask one of us to respond. Like I did. Spawn is between the same two trucks as his attackers. Which is why they attacked him... I presume.

As for Spirits lifting: A character can lift over their head 15 Kilograms per point of Strength. In addition to that, they can make a Strength+Body test to increase that by +15/hit. For a Force 7 Spirit, on an "Average" day, that would come out to approximately 200 KG. Not an MPUV, though it would easilly take care of a Motorcycle (unarmored). That said: a Force 7 Spirit could cast a Force 14 Levitate, and throw Edge for a total of 21 Dice. This has the possibility of generating 8-10 hits, or so. That would result in 800-1000 KG, which is plenty for a Compact Car, though still nowhere near what you'd need for the MPUV.
So: There's going to be no throwing of cars by these spirits. At least, not just yet.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 10 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 2:59 pm

@Gala
Thank you for that bit of info, but I was being a smart-hoop by asking for trajectory of a thrown truck. It was my sarcastic response to someone's (either Faust or Kesslan) equally humorous comment about trucks soon to be flying through the air.

As you stated in a post in another thread, I'm going to have to work on being more obvious when I'm attempting humor
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 10 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 5:48 pm

Also jagger, I'll try to be more descriptive about what is around you as I keep forgetting your blind and can't see th posted maps.

Btw is there any specific image type your reader will handle? (is it text to speech or a Braille screen?)

If not, no worries.

Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 10 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 8:57 pm

Tenaka and Starcraft, your both up.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 10 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 6:18 am

Thanks Kesslan, and I will try to remember to ask for more detail when needed, as in combat situations where things like location are critical. Sometimes I go with my mental image instead of asking what the GM's visualization actually is.
And its text to speech. The only thing my reader can tell me about images is that one exists, no other details.
Back to top Go down
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
Starcraft

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Alexia Mooie Vos
Race: Fox Shapeshifter

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 10 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 10:30 am

well after looking over some of the rules, i came to realize that the drones i called in are pretty much useless in combat until i can get the necessary programs for them. so off to do a normal combat for Alexia Smile
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 10 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 8:07 pm

Ok Jagger, your up! Once Jagger posts Pass 3 will commence.

Gala, once Jagger has posted, you may post for yourself and your spirit/pet. Assume that your pet will reach a target int he same turn so long as it uses running as it's free action. After this, Tanaka and Star you both may post your actions.

Everyone except:
???
Gala
Jagger
Star
Tanaka

Are out of passes (This includes the spirits)
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 10 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 8:34 am

Done
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 10 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 5:29 pm

OK, Gala, you and your pet are up.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 10 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 7:44 am

Hey Jagger: You may only speak 6 words with your free action. You'll have to figure out how to fit your long shouted statement in to a 6-word limit.

All: I am typing up my post now. I am going to have to assume Jagger's edit will be something similarly direct.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 10 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 8:18 am

I'm already talking to him about his hacking attempts as he needs to locate what he's trying to hack first.

For those of you interested in hacking something, please read the hacking rules. Just because your right next to something doesn't mean you can start hacking it right away, you still need to locate it's signal (if it's in passive mode this takes a while, but the threshold is much lower if you know where to look. IE right in front of you etc). You then need to hack in using hack on the fly unless you've spent a lot of time prior to the hack attempt probing the target (And by a lot of time, I mean it's measured in days). And then you need to declare what sort of account your trying to create. 'user', 'security' or 'admin'. 'User' accounts don't generally let you control anything, just poke around. 'security' accounts let you look around, affect security settings such as locks, possibly view some encrypted files etc. 'Admin' gives you 100% full access.

To do even the most basic matrix actions as a 'general' user you also need the appropriate programs. Command, Edit, Analyze, Browse and Scan. If you want to have the ability to do any sort of encryption you also need Encrypt (So if you want to encrypt your communications to each other you need the encrypt program on all your comlinks. You don't however need the decrypt program as you can decrypt the communication with the appropriate passcode(s) created when you encrypt said communications.

A few of you lack one or more of these basic programs, much less the more advanced ones required to do other tasks.

Jagger for example has the absolute bare bones required to hack in AR or Cold VR, but if he wants to ever do some serious hacking he'll need a much larger array of programs as he has no defensive or offensive capabilities and is 100% reliant on not being noticed. IE: Armor, Biofeedback filter, Attack, Medic etc.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 10 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 8:59 am

Ok Post is up.

Yeah: I figured you were discussing the Hacking. Just out of curiosity: does the gun have a trigger?

Anyway, I need a PM on my perception check. And read her description of the moment of her perception, you'll get a kick out of it! It's especially poignant and appropriate since I didn't use either a Simple Action to remove the distracted penalty, nor Edge. And still got the 5 hits!
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 10 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 9:13 am

Well unless one of you actually goes into the vehicles and looks at the weaponry you won't know if the guns have triggers or not.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 10 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 9:24 am

Maybe I will! And when I'm done, I'll call up Sha'hGrim and team and let them know what I find! I imagine she'll appreciate the intel; though I can't be sure she'll accept a call from an unknown caller. And it would be a little weird for someone to be calling from a Pre-Crash 1.0 "Cell Phone" too. Considering that, she just might accept the call, if only for the novelty!
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 10 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 9:28 am

>.>

I'm going to bite you Gala.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 10 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 9:36 am

Ahm... Err... I'm not sure if that's a good thing.

[EDIT] But before you answer: I need to know one thing. Are you going to do it in Human form, or in Jaguar form? It's an important question, since it let's me know if it's playful, or actually intended to do damage. See: If you're in Jaguar form, then it's probably just playful. Everyone knows that Meta's make really bad meals. Soy-Fed cattle tends to taste really bad... But if you're in Human form, then likely you actually want to do some damage. 'Cause your tongue is less likely to notice how bad the meat tastes in human form.
lol!
Back to top Go down
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
Starcraft

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Alexia Mooie Vos
Race: Fox Shapeshifter

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 10 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 10:15 am

LOLZ Gala, anyway my post is about up, just making some quick checks for the dice rolls i have to make

Edit: post is up, i might have made an erroe in one of the rolls so just let me know and i will change it accordingly if you deem necessary
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 10 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 1:14 pm

Uh oh! Frisky GM Alert! Frisky GM Alert!
Razz

Hey, why should the characters have all the fun?!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 10 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 1:45 pm

Have you ever been GM? Trust me: The characters draw the short straw in this exchange...
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 10 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 2:07 pm

Not in Shadowrun, but yes in DnD. And, yes, gamemastering can be a lot of fun. I discovered I possess a healthy (unhealthy?) sadistic streak!
Twisted Evil

Kesslan, I edited my last IC post. Let me know what's wrong with it (all my posts have something wrong with them lately.)
Razz
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 10 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 2:11 pm

In the battle the PCs are doing very well as they totally turned the tables on the ambush by managIng to ambush right back (via Jagger and the spirits).

That said in the grand scheme of things Gala Is correct thus far in saying y'all got the short straw and you shall be punished accordingly!

But dot worry, I'm the sort of GM that likes to play with his 'food' (players souls) before killing it!
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 10 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 2:14 pm

Jagger: post is fine but you'll need to resist inhalation vector toxIn. I'll have to look up the damage/effect when I get off work
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 10 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 2:47 pm

He could just hold his breath...

And now we know why you always play a Kitty (read: Jaguar)! You like to play with your mice before you chow!
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 10 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 3:29 pm

...trying to remember if cats are fond of insects
affraid
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 10 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 3:49 pm

Gala wrote:
He could just hold his breath...

And now we know why you always play a Kitty (read: Jaguar)! You like to play with your mice before you chow!

That's not true, I've played an Ork, Minotaur and human as well. The shapeshifter idea kept getting recycled because all the games died before they started.

Ive alsO found building shapeshifters can be rather challenging, much less playing one properly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)
Page 10 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next