Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHome... And High Water SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

... And High Water

Go down 
+8
Wreck
A.W.R.
Stubbspks
T_Hawk
Jimb011
Mirikon
Marlexis
wngd_phantom
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Priest Sarah Gaven
Race: ork
Sex: female

... And High Water Empty
PostSubject: ... And High Water   ... And High Water EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 8:58 pm

As usual in the life of the shadows, it takes time for jobs to open up, but sometimes a big one gets dropped in your lap.

<<Begin transmission>>

>Come to the abandoned church at the address posted on the map, come alone.

>This mission has a high pay out for those runners interested in, just be aware that with high pay comes high risk, be prepared.

<End transmission>

That old church that was in the message was nestled between a couple of skyscrapers and looked like it was near its last legs. However the message said to go inside and you really had no choice, money was money. Inside standing at the top of the row of bench seats was a rather attractive looking woman in a long back dress, the only thing odd about her outfit was the white collar around her neck. "When my enemies turn back, they stumble and perish in your presence. Please do hurry and sit down, we have little time left."
Back to top Go down
Marlexis

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Character sheet
Character Name: Nika Romanov
Race: Ork
Sex: Female

... And High Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: ... And High Water   ... And High Water EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 1:15 am

She'd pulled to the curb about twenty minutes early for the meet. The heavy, growling voice of her Scorpion reverberated down the block as she arrived. She killed the engine, kicking the stand down and sitting back in the seat for a minute. Nika looked down two blocks to the church dwarfed by the pair of multi-floored skyscrapers. She pulled her trusty Ruger from the concealed holster on her back, double checking the cylinder. With a flick of her wrist, the heavy ammunition cylinder clacked back into place. Giving it a comforting spin, she pulled open her longcoat and returned the hand cannon within.

She walked down the street with a swagger. Eighteen years of strolling through the various Redmond neighborhoods she grew up around taught her it was always better to move with overconfidence. She was at the church doors in little to no time, pulling it open and stepping in to look around. She felt naked in so many ways. A year ago, before the team had been torn apart, she would never have considered taking to shadowrunning. Now, with only a couple hundred nuyen left to her name, she had to make money and fast. It was for that reason, she was very thankful that 'Roughneck' had passed along this job. Anyone with any experience in the shadows, however, would very quickly see the anxiety written on her face.

Making her way up the aisle of pews, she nods to the sister as she's addressed. Taking the direction, she slides onto a pew to the right side of the aisle, assuming since she's the only one here at the moment that she must be the first to arrive. The small hairs on the back of her neck are certainly raised, and as such, she wards herself magically just in case.
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

... And High Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: ... And High Water   ... And High Water EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 6:36 am

A Mercury Comet pulls up just behind the Scorpion, pulling easily to a stop. The driver allows the biker chick to go in first, before opening the door. When the door opens, out steps a woman in what can only be described as a living Rorschach kind of outfit. Those in the know would see that it is the Second Skin Line by Zoe. The opaque parts of the outfit are constantly changing, like shifting ink blots or blood red ink, that usually (but not always) keep covered those things that should be covered in public. At her hip is the hilt of what could only be a monofilament whip.

She's an attractive woman, and she knows it, walking with the strut of someone who clearly enjoys lustful eyes upon her. Pulling open the door to the church, Hannah walks in, her hips swaying as she makes her way to the other two women, nodding her head. "Well, well. Isn't this a delicious looking crowd." She looks both women up and down with an almost predatory gaze, like a wolf gazing at sheep.
Back to top Go down
Jimb011
Team Leader
Team Leader
Jimb011

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Character sheet
Character Name: Dex
Race: Human
Sex: M

... And High Water Empty
PostSubject: ...And high water   ... And High Water EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 2:20 pm

Crossfire pulls up in his sedan to the old church. A gruff looking human in his late 20's gets out and walks slowly towards the church 5 O'clock shadow runs over his face and a wild, clean, yet uncombed hairstyle tops him. If weather was windy enough his armored jacket would may have been displaced showing more holsters, blades, ammunition belts and pop-guns then most would comprehend.

One even wonders how he can walk. One also couldn't comprehend that this was only some of his firepower.. His steely eyes look around the church looking for possible ambushes. Guns and ammo didn't mean everything, a shadow runner could have the largest arsenal of hand cannons and still get geeked just the same. Still it doesn't hurt.

Die roll for Crossfire
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1988092/
Rolled on: 2009-03-20 14:19:35.457365
1d6 → [6] = (6)
1d6 → [3] = (3)
1d6 → [2] = (2)
1d6 → [3] = (3)
1d6 → [5] = (5)

This is the place, If this is going to be a job tailored towards God's work. I may need a career change after this one

He walks in to see the three woman talking and an eyebrow involuntarily raises.

...Then again
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Character sheet
Character Name: Shadow
Sex: Male

... And High Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: ... And High Water   ... And High Water EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 9:15 pm

A '68 Rover pulls up and a young elf woman climbs out. Her hair is black, though her roots reveal this color to be a lie, as they a pale blond, almost white. Tall and skinny, she is dressed in simple black halter top, and grey hip-hugger jeans, slashed across the thighs to reveal white skin beneath. She wears several necklaces around her neck, from a silver star in a circle, to what seems to be a microprocessor hanging off a silver chain. She wears several bracelets and rings as well, each seeming to be patterned similarly to the necklaces, being a mix of occult symbols and high tech odds and ends mounted on jewelry.
She lovingly caresses the rovers as she gets out, running her fingers across its waxed exterior. The rover is festooned with weapons, and even sitting still it gives off the impression of nothing more than a warhorse chomping at its bit.

"Be a good boy now, Sleipnir. Momma won't be long."

She moves into the church, strutting in her thick-heeled combat boots. She notices the group gathered around the woman at the back. As she approaches and the woman makes her statement, Skuld raises an eyebrow, and lights down on one of the pews, stretching and draping a leg across its arm. She smiles a little, but her eyes are not focused on the group around her, but are rather looking at the various displays on her black and chrome Meta-Link's head set, her eyes darting to one side or the other as she reads through them. Her fingers twitch in front of her, short truncated movements, almost as if she were conducting an orchestra. She will remain like this until the meeting starts in earnest.

(OOC Skuld will have searched to find out as much about her Johnson and the meeting place as she could. )

For Johnson's ID:

Logic + Data Search + Browse program = 5 + 3 + 3 = 11 =
4 hits

For meeting place info:

Logic + Data Search + Browse program = 5 + 3 + 3 = 11 =
6 hits
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

... And High Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: ... And High Water   ... And High Water EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 9:39 pm

Matron looked at the group that had walked into her church, A light draft rippled through the church, rifling through the hem of her dress, the black stockings behind the slit in her outfit defined her shapely legs as she fiddled with a few cards from the service, placing them back on her podium. Once all the parties had sat down, and had given their attetion to her, she looked to each of them in turn.

"Those who know my name have put their trust in me. My name is Matron Sarah Gaven, I am the leader of the group called The Cleric. Like you, we run in the shadows taking jobs all for a greater purpose. Lately i've come across a job that we need help with."

Taking a few moments to gauge everyone's reactions she would continue on.

"We are oft to blame in this tis too much proved that with devotion's visage and pious action we do sugar o'er The devil himself. This particular job was a simple pick up and delivery from a small office warehouse on the edge of the city. However I have recently lost all contact with the team i have sent in. Before i go into specifics, I must let you know that i believe the members of my team to be dead, but if you do this mission for me not only will you be paid, but i will let you into The Cleric, that is access to our supplies and guaranteed jobs. I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. But before i go further, I need your agreement and your Complete Attention."

She said the last few words with emphasis enough to ring through out the building as she stared daggers into the woman who carelessly threw her legs over the pews.
Back to top Go down
Jimb011
Team Leader
Team Leader
Jimb011

Character sheet

... And High Water Empty
PostSubject: ...And High water   ... And High Water EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 10:28 pm

Crossfire walks in trying to be non-nonchalant and sets down on a pew listens to the Matron intently. Then he says "Matron you mentioned that you believe other members of your team are dead. Am I to believe that the someone or something watching me from atop the church on my way in was not one of yours?"
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

... And High Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: ... And High Water   ... And High Water EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 10:42 pm

(OOC Test to not take offense at Matron Gaven's tone, threshold 2 )

Willpower + Charisma: 5 + 5 = 10 = 4 hits

Skuld's eyes open wide when she realizes her searches have failed as the node connection was severed.

Her eyes flash a moment as she realizes the Matron is scolding her. She represses her desire to point out that she isn't some Sunday School kid (or a follower of the Christian God for that matter), and reflects that perhaps the woman is just commenting on her overly relaxed pose. She reminded herself that this wasn't a VR meet she could attend in comfort at her home.

It's so hard dealing with people in the flesh...

She moves to a more upright sitting position on the pew, removing her leg from the arm. She asks in oddly accented English, "'Tis better? Was only trying to make myself more comfortable, ja?" She focuses on the matron and remembers the last line of her cut-off notice as she searched. "You didn't say the magic word."

"Perhaps ye might tell me why my node connection was cut, Matron?" She lets an impish grin come to her face. "Please."
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

... And High Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: ... And High Water   ... And High Water EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 10:57 pm

Hannah chuckled, and leaned back in the pew, the shifting shapes of her outfit continuing to move on their own. "Now suppose we all go along with this whole thing, and do the job. This whole thing about lettin' us in to the Cleric, or whatever ya called it sounds nice, if'n y'er a religious nut, but what about those of us who don't exactly hold to the whole bible thing? Ah'm not lookin' to go get saddled with another religion, chere." The more she talks, the more clear it becomes that this woman is not from around here. The accent is Southern, with more than a hint of Cajun in it.

Looking to the others, she nods, and says, "Well, Ah reckon we might as well get friendly like. Name's Hannah Dubois. Y'all can call me Hannah. Might say the spirits and me got us an understanding. They come when Ah call them, and do some work for me, an' in return, ah give them a chance to see and do things you just don't get out on the Astral."
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

... And High Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: ... And High Water   ... And High Water EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 11:51 am

Marvelling at how observant these four runners were, There might be hope for them yet. "For the weak of heart I will be strong, to the defenders of faith I will belong. My own personal beliefs do in fact carry with them a belief in God. All that The Cleric asks is not neccessarily what you believe in, but that you are willing to believe in something greater than yourself, and be willing to fight for it if necessary."

Closing her eyes and crossing her arms at her chest, Matron appears deep in thought for a moment. "I understand your hesitation to want to fight for a stranger who seems to be hiding so much from you.

Her sweet voice echoed off the walls as she closed her eyes, arms dropping to her sides, as her blue eyes searched out to the assembly in front of her, as she watched each person dressed in black robes walk from the columns that cast a black shadow to the edges of her home. Dozens of hooded, robed figures walked calmly from the shadows and stood there and as one the deep baritone of the crowd recited in unison. "We shall follow you who protects us, from now to the here after, whatever may come."

Walking down to the level of the group of runners in front of her, she almost seemed to glow in the light of her church. "All of these men and women fight for something greater than themselves. All of them are perfectly willing to fight ,and die if neccessary, for whatever reason that they have, be it vengeance, be it a higher calling, be it just a search for glory. All that i ask is that you help us this once. If you don't want to join that is perfectly alright, you will still get paid. But if you do join you also get one of those spiffy black robes, they are actually very warm and soft."

Looking over to the lady in back who had inquired about her Matrix searching gone wrong. With a sly smile Matron already knew what had happened and who had stopped her, "It is also in my belief that i hide nothing from you, er go you shouldn't hide things from me. What stopped you was my to intelligence officers Anton Levevich and Genevieve Dana, both of which are very good at what they do but have a habit of being a little too paranoid. If you wanted to know anything about myself or my organization, all you had to do was ask." Casting her softening gaze over to the one woman in the room that hadn't asked any questions yet, "Were there any more questions?"
Back to top Go down
Marlexis

Character sheet

... And High Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: ... And High Water   ... And High Water EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 12:32 pm

Nika shakes her head to the negative as the Matron regards her. "No, ma'am. No questions from me just yet, though I'm still waiting to hear the particulars. I have mouths to feed, and I'm not too proud to admit that I need whatever cred I can get. I admit the idea of working for this organization of yours is appealing, but I wonder, are you a shadowrunning group or a funded faction of a larger religious following? It's only a curiousity, Matron. I'll work the job as long as the cred weighs in even with the risk. Given that your first team's likely been fragged, I'm still anxious to hear a number."

Shuffling on her chosen pew, side-saddling the seat. Throwing her arm over the back, she turns to regard the rest of the runners. "And if we're knocking out introductions now, the name's Diamondback. I'll accept Di or Diamond as well, so ka? I'm a street-taught magician looking to make a name for myself. I've nothing in particular that I'd call a specialty yet, but I can handle my own."
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

... And High Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: ... And High Water   ... And High Water EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 1:17 pm

Something higher than herself? Please. Like that was ever going to happen. No, Hannah fought for herself, and for the power and pleasure she could gain for herself. Sure, she believed in things outside the normal human experience. Afterall, she was able to call spirits to her side. She fought for money, and she fought for her own self-interest. Anything else? Not so much.

Shaking her head, she says, "Ah'll do the job, if the money's right, but Ah ain't joinin' any damn cult, which is what you look to be goin' with here. Ah fight for me, and whatever ah might happen to want at the moment. Y'all can keep them robes, far as Ah'm concerned. Ain't gonna be joinin' up with ya, an' that's a fact."
Back to top Go down
Stubbspks
Team Leader
Team Leader

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Character sheet
Character Name: Yiska Keme
Race: Dwarf

... And High Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: ... And High Water   ... And High Water EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 1:46 pm

Mr. Grey, running a tad bit late due to shoddy reception in the Purple Dino bar, rockets toward the abandoned church, his engine screaming as he goes.

Not wanting to be any later than needed (or to disturb the meet by driving right up to it), Mr. Grey parks only a block from the church.

His car is still rolling to a stop as he opens the door and steps out. Closing the door swiftly behind him, Grey activates the westwind3k's alarm via comm as he walks briskly toward the church.

Being late was no excuse to be sloppy, however, and Mr. Grey takes a quick look around before entering the church. (Perception test outside the church (1 hit))

((Unless I spot something SUPER scary/fishy with one hit, Mr. Grey will continue into the church)).

From just outside the church, Mr. Grey managed to catch something about the previous group being dead. Just that made him consider turning around, but he needed the adventure.

Walking into the church, Mr. Grey attempts to find a seat toward the back without further interrupting the meet.

Through the door walks a rather tall elf wearing a black business suit with a black tie that disappears into his jacket. His medium-length jet black hair is neatly groomed and you think you can even smell a tiny hint of cologne coming from his direction. He doesn't appear to be heavily armed ((slivergun in a hidden arm slide)), but something about him makes you think he doesn't necessarily need more heat than he might be packing.

When Matron asks if there are any more questions, Mr. Grey will take that opportunity to stand up and slowly walk down the aisle to find a more suitable seat near the front.

"The name is Mr. Grey" he says, more to the group than to Matron. "Like the others, I am wondering about the details and, more importantly, the pay."

Taking a seat next to Skuld, Mr. Grey looks toward Matron for her response.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stubbspks.com
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

... And High Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: ... And High Water   ... And High Water EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 8:15 pm

Skuld looks astonished as she notices the blacked robed figures coming out from around the church's columns. She slightly purses her lips, unhappy to see that she had been so oblivious as to miss all these people hidden about. And then the newcomer, a Mr. Grey, comes in a sets down next to her. She glances at him, giving him a once over.

She grins inwardly, thinking, "Well, he has good taste in picking his company. Even if being this close to so many people is making me a bit nervous."

She turns her attention again to the Matron. "I think me perhaps that I would be most pleased to learn of you and your group, Matron. You seem the sort to have a secret bit of lore stashed away, neh? But that should perhaps wait 'til later, as I'm sure all here are more interested in getting a DL on the run info."

She pauses a moment, thinking. "I have to ask though... why would you need us when you have this "Cleric" at your behest?"
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

... And High Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: ... And High Water   ... And High Water EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 11:55 pm

Each of these runners did seam to fight for a reason, that in and of itself was as good as anything else.

With a stunned gaze she watched Mr. Grey enter the seating area in her church, indeed everyone in the room did as well, Matrons own gaze would have turned an out of control air craft around in mid air. "You Are Late, but i guess it's unavoidable."

With a quick glance Matron sent her Cleric down a series of stairs in the back of the church that seemed to lead downstairs to a larger section, albeit underground, leaving the Matron and the group of five runners alone. "I understand the need for specifics, so since you all seam to want to at least learn more, i'll assume your all agreeing to the mission. Like i said we were simply going to pick up a package from a corporate warehouse not much more than a few miles outside of the city. Then deliver to a local inner city office. We were not to open the package, or ask what it was. Personally i don't care about that part, what does bug me was on the last transmission i heard them all scream 'save me' all at once, and then the recording died."

She had her head bowed while she said this, her hand leaning out and Matron would brace herself against the pew, a sure sign to anyone that this deeply affected her, "Theirs is not to reason why, theirs but to do and die. That was the code they lived by, they didn't ask me what the mission was, they just did it. But now it is up to you five to finish it for them, for me. The package should still be there, i have a gps locator on all of the members, but they are all on active, not passive, and they are all grouped in one room, not moving, which leads me to believe that they are dead. As for payment, you will have to follow me."

Sarah stood back up and quickly smoothed out her dress, and recomposed herself, anyone who looked could swear that she had a tear streak on her cheek. Matron quickly spun on her heels and started to walk off towards the right door at the back of her stage, motioning for the rest of the team to follow her downstairs. Those who follow her would be lead down a flight of smooth concrete steps that spiraled downstairs, lit from above with built in lighting that gave the area a soft glow, instead of the more often harsh office lights. She would take a quick left down a hallway with many doors, you could easily hear the rumbling of voices, it could have been a veritable city down here. Walking past a work bench, Matron would pat a short human male on the back, who had some obvious cyber work done. He was tinkering around with a firing assembly for a new gun on the bench. "This is what i'm offering you." With that she would reach down and lift a garage door that was easily 8 meters wide and 6 meters tall. inside was a sight to be hold for anyone.

After flicking on a light switch a series of hanging warehouse lights flicked on row by row revealing literal racks of weaponry, from swords to guns, rocket launchers. Everything was in this Weapons Cache, even towards the middle was a rack filled with various magical goods, and on the racks across from it was a computer terminal with a jack in it's side. "What we were going to get paid was ¥150,000 for a five person team. What your getting is the same thing, it comes out to about ¥30,000 per person, and i will let you have whatever you want from our stores."

With a quick glimpse towards Ms. Dubois, Matron would walk behind the team in their stunned silence, leaning she would whisper into Ms. Dubois's ear "So do you think you could find your own personal glory with an army by yourside?"

She would walk loudly over towards the human armorer who was busy with whatever he was doing, "Why i called each of you hear was because i needed a group of fresh young people who would think for themselves, not just follow blindly. Most of the people in my Cleric are not fit enough to run in the shadows, they are people that needed a place to live, I house whole families here, anyone that needs help i will help them, or die trying, that is the core of my belief, is that i will do what i must, or die trying, i don't ask that you adopt the same belief, but that you simply help me. So will you help me?"

((OOC: Okay so right now i am going to let you pick 1 thing from the entire world of shadowrun and you get that right now up front. Cost is unimportant, but i will put the availability cap at 20f, so choose wisely. And yes you still get the 30k each at the end of the run.))
Back to top Go down
Stubbspks
Team Leader
Team Leader

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Character sheet
Character Name: Yiska Keme
Race: Dwarf

... And High Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: ... And High Water   ... And High Water EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 8:09 am

Mr. Grey will quickly follow Matron, almost as compensation for his tardiness earlier.

As she flicks on the lights to the underground warehouse his mouth falls open and he's completely unable to speak. His mind races with thoughts of how much this store must have cost, or how many lives must have been lost collecting it through illegal means.

Unable to fathom just how much weaponry and other equipment exists in this storage area, Mr. Grey begins to feel a bit dizzy and braces himself against a nearby wall.

"drek..." comes an involuntary, quieter-than-a-whisper curse...

((OOC: Time to scouts the books and pick my prize :-P ))
Back to top Go down
http://www.stubbspks.com
Jimb011
Team Leader
Team Leader
Jimb011

Character sheet

... And High Water Empty
PostSubject: ...And High Water   ... And High Water EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 11:52 am

Crossfire looks around with a stunned look on his face.

whats going on here?

Then he stares at the warehouses.

anything...eh

Crossfire thinks a bit clears his throat and then says:

Anyone here good at data searching or has a contact that can find Information?

(ooc: Is stuff from the arsenal book available?)
Back to top Go down
Marlexis

Character sheet

... And High Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: ... And High Water   ... And High Water EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 4:24 pm

Nika remained otherwise unphased by the presence of the Cleric making itself known. She rose to follow as the Matron requested, moving down closely behind as they passed down a smooth-cut stone stairwell. The subterranean coolness of the basement was of little comfort, though passing by several of the tenants, she felt a little more at ease. The close-knit community is something she doesn't encounter often. She, like most of her new companions, stands agape for a minute as the huge door is so easily lifted by this human.

"If you have all of the first team's mission notes on chip, we could all use a copy as well. As to the 150k bounty, that math sounds good enough to me. 30 thousand a piece seems a fair price." Diamond says, breaking from her momentary reverie. Stepping into the storage area, she is almost immediately drawn towards a large orichalcum pendant dangling among the magical doo-dads. She gently takes it in hand, marvelling at the amazing craftsman ship. The pendant, shaped like a large celtic knot pattern, the center of which entwines around a trio of diamond cut emeralds. The obvious foci hangs from a long platinum chain, which she passes up and over her head carefully as to avoid becoming entangled in her braids or on one of her pointed ears. Tucking the device underneath her t-shirt, she turns to the Matron, "Basically, what I'm thinking, is that we need to know a little bit about the Pickup site, as well as the dropoff and the route between the two. Plus, I'd like to know, where is the first team located exactly? You said they're all still 'together', but is that in the warehouse they were to pick up at, or some point along the way? Oh, can we get a GPS locator tuned to their frequency?"
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

... And High Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: ... And High Water   ... And High Water EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 7:47 pm

Hannah looks through the assorted weapons and gear, and pulls out a chain of woven silver, engraved with golden runes. Blood red rubies are inset upon a pendant hanging from the chain. To Hannah, the item seems to radiate power. And she smiles, taking the chain and placing it around her neck. Oh, this pretty pretty would do nicely for her.

Looking back to the Matron, she smirks. "Who cares about glory? I'm in this for the money, and all the pleasures money can buy. Armies only get in the way of that, in the long run."
Back to top Go down
Jimb011
Team Leader
Team Leader
Jimb011

Character sheet

... And High Water Empty
PostSubject: ...And High Water   ... And High Water EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 6:25 pm

Crossfire Looks at Hannah and her choice in gift.
"Ah I see you have good taste in the finer things in life Ms...?"

He waits for a response

"You wouldn't by chance know where to sell something of great value would you? or any of you for that matter...?"

He pauses then says.

"Matron, I would like to choose a A Hawker-Riddley Sky train in mint condition."
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

... And High Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: ... And High Water   ... And High Water EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 8:06 pm

Skuld follows along with the Matron and the others, hanging around at the back. The whole place was amazing... it held secret after secret, and Skuld could feel herself growing more and more covetous of those secrets as she walked.

She listens to the Matron's offer, and her eyes light up... but then dim. Looking around, she could see many items, many little bits of magecraft, weaponscraft, and miscellaneous technological bits and pieces, but none of them spoke to her. She used her gifts, her wits, and her familiars to run, and knew few skills outside of those. Vehicles were useful, but her Rover was all the pony she could want on the road. She thought that the only thing that could replace that would be a shiny new tank. She actually looked, but didn't see one around. An aircraft would be fun, but she didn't have any flight experience.

Skuld starts to wander around, looking at what was around her. She paused at a wall, looking at a modified Superwarhawk pistol... She never really carried weapons, preferring to stay away from the fight itself, letting her children take care of the physical aspects of running. She considered it, thinking on whether she should take it just in case she should be caught without other protection. She shakes her head, thinking, "I wouldn't even know how to use the thing, anyhow. Point and click, certes, but I've always been told there's more to shooting than that."

She sighs and continues on, looking over the various things around her, occasionally caressing a particularly well-crafted piece of technology that catches her eye. Finally she stops and grins, bending down to pick up a small shiny metal object on the ground.

She walks back to the Matron with the little item cupped in her hand and says, "Matron, think you that your armorer is juiced enough to take care of some hot custom work?"
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

... And High Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: ... And High Water   ... And High Water EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 10:49 pm

As she watched the team run through her armory Matron Sarah couldn't help but smile and give a small laugh, her blue eyes sparkling with an almost maternal glisten, I haven't seen people this happy in a long time. For a few moments she would turn to a few messenger runners that had passed by, she would divy out her orders and make sure they understood them, running a small secret city underneath Seattle was not easy.

After the team had all nearly simultaneusly came back to ask her questions, a short meep came out, possibly a laugh, as she had the instant image of children asking for candy. She would smile and raise her hands, not threatning them, just too quiet them down so she could speak and hopefully answer their questions. Looking at the lady in the back not ask her a single question, but hold a small object like it was a newborn child. Matron with a small half smile walked over to Skuld and looked into her eyes as she asked what could be done about the little drone. "I believe Alexander Korben has something you might enjoy, he is at his work bench behind me."

Spinning on her heels to face the other members of the team, who all had annoyed looks for being ignored, "By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe. For anything else you might need for equipment, i have a marketplace that is run by The Cleric, that should be opening at 8AM, but we should get back to what is important at the moment. I should have that Skytrain your looking for, a few members of my group are actually... acquiring one at the moment, it should be landing at our warehouse a few minutes walk from here within the hour, this particular model actually had VTOL capabilities if your interested in it. As for the rest of your mission, i have the plans that was given to my team by our johnson, but they are a rough draft, and I don't have much in the way of details, hence the high cost that i demanded." She would bring out the piece of electronic paper from her pocket, pointing out various points along the map.

All of a sudden she would clutch her ear and worried look would cross her face, a rumbling would softly shake the building, drawing everyones attention. Matron would spin on a dime and quickly smash a button on a wall. Klaxons could be heard blaring through the walls as voices could be heard shuffling deeper into the complex. dozens of unified bootfalls could easily be heard as they traveled up ladders and hallways further upstairs. You even see few dozen guards even ran by an adjoinging hallway. Flicking a switch on her commlink, any one in the entire complex could here her, "Attention everyone, Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid...For i am with you, it is I that doth go with thee; I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee. Amen" A small tear would be wiped from her eye as she addressed the team, "This is not your fight, you can leave with the equipment i have given you, no catches, Thank you for at least listening to what i have to say." Matron would stuff the paper into her Pocket, and send a message to everyone with the map on it as she ran upstairs to meet whatever fate may come.
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

... And High Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: ... And High Water   ... And High Water EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 11:28 pm

Skuld watches as Korben works on the tiny little drone, moving with skill as he added in the modifications for which she had asked. He worked amazingly quickly, especially given the unorthodox changes she had asked for. She feels the building rumble, and looks up from her perch at the armorer's shoulder, casting her eyes in the Matron's direction, watching the women hit a button and give a rather cryptic warning.

She's telling us take the data and jack out? Fie, the woman's so cool, yet she certainly seems to be afraid of something here.

She looks around at the other runners, then reaches out with her mind, trying to activate her rover where it was parked outside.

I do not feel like dying today, but neither do I wish to leave this place before I've found out its secrets. Let me at least see what it is I can see, ja?

(OOC Skuld is trying to activate the Rover and see if she can use its sensors to determine what is going on. If it activates but does not immediately see the source of the disturbance, she will have it begin circling the church's block, looking for anything out of the ordinary.)
Back to top Go down
A.W.R.

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-08

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race: Elf

... And High Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: ... And High Water   ... And High Water EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 11:36 pm

"Drei... zwei... ein..."

The explosion echoed throughout the building as her troops went forth to complete her mission. Ria grinned as she watched them, being their captain and subsequently the only one not in para-military armor. No, she wore a dress instead, and glasses adorned her face with her mid-back length hair tied back in a ponytail that complimented her steampunk dress. She did not look like a woman you'd expect to see on a battlefield.

...then, as she headed forth towards the main entrance to the 'abandoned' church, a revolver slid out of each of her sleeves into her hands, and you realize that she's probably right in her element. She opens the doors slowly and calmly, and upon noting that it's not an ambush, she quickly slipped inside. Passing by pew after pew, Ria was able to watch both sides with equal attentiveness, and was pleased to see that nobody was laying in wait as she passed down the center aisle. Truth be told, she wasn't looking that hard, but still, she was pleased.

As she neared the stage, she saw a figure that was all too familiar to her from many years past. Her grin twitched as she looked up at the stage, becoming a much more wicked a grin.

"Hello... Aneue (ooc: older sister)..." Ria said to the young (yet older than herself) woman before her as she halted herself just before the stage, pistols held in hand, yet still at her side.

Explosions and gunfire were sounding up from the ground below, yet it seemed that Ria would be given her privacy for this particular part of the mission. Ever smiling, she spoke to her sister once more, keeping a sharp eye on her and waiting to see just what she'd do.

"I need you to come with me, meine Schwester, and I really would prefer if this would go smoothly." Ria continued, her tone condescending and superior, while her smile spoke of insincerity "Which shall it be, older sis?"
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

... And High Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: ... And High Water   ... And High Water EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 2:14 am

((OOC: T-hawk roll a matrix perception test))
Matron would climb the stair case to her stage, her Long hair had long been held in a tight blonde braid. She already knew of the enemy that laid in wait a few meters away. How could I ever forget, or forgive my sister?

A stern look of almost pure contempt crossed Matron's face, a strange look for a woman who for so long did her best to bring happiness to her friends. A heavily customized Ruger Thunderbolt slid from each of her sleeves as she reached the stage, standing nearly 2 meters away from the other woman who was born of the same mother. "You ask me to come peacibly meine Schwester, Why do you stand far off? Why do you hide yourself in times of trouble? You kill our family, you invade my home, and you want me to come without incident, i'm sorry to disappoint you." Slipping her gun up against her sisters outstretched wrist, a classic stance for a martial artist, although odd for a woman carrying two guns. The strangest part would be that this other woman mirrored the stance with that same cocky smile. At least this should be a fair fight. "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth; I came not to send peace, but a sword.”

Matron's Initiative 12 + 7 = 19
Ria's Initiative 11 + 6 = 17

Making the first move Matron would stare Ria directly in the eyes as she maneuvered her left hand to block her sister's line of fire, raising her right hand to fire the first volley.

Gun Fu Combat
Matron's attack:
Agility 5 + Pistols 5 + smartgun 2 + personalized grip 1 + take aim 1 - recoil (compensated) 0 = 13
= 8 hits

Ria's defense (melee range):
Reaction 6 + (unarmed combat 5 * 2) = 16 = 5 hits

Matron's damage:
Ruger Thunderbolt 5 + net hits 3 + narrow burst 2 + Ex-explosive rounds 1 = 11p

Ria's damage resistance:
armor 13B + body 5 - 1 AP Ruger Thunderbolt -1 AP Ex-explosive rounds = 16 = 10 hits

Damage total to Ria = 1P

Ria's left handed Ruger Super Warhawk raised to block Sarah's bullets to late as the first three bullets left Sarah's barrel with a loud roar, near deafening at this range, but satisfying enough for the vendetta that will be paid from her own flesh and blood. "Too late for prayers and useless pity, you will find no forgiveness in my church Dear Sister!" Each word spat with venom as the the first two rounds missed, the last round grazing the cheek of Ria, cutting open the flesh enough to leave a scratch and a line of blood in the bullet's wake

((OOC: yes ladies and gentleman, Marlexis was right, Combat time, roll them initiatives. watch how this combat works out, i would like to use this system. you roll your own initiative of course.
Ria's defensive stats are:

• full defense stats (always full defense for this character in particular)

• ranged: (Dodge (Ranged Combat) : 4 (6) * 2) + Reaction 6 = 18 dice
    • melee: Reaction 6 + (unarmed combat 5 * 2) = 16 dice

• damage resistance: armor 13I/13B + body 5 = 18 dice

Matron Sarah's are:

• full defense stats (always full defense for this character in particular)

• ranged: (Dodge (ranged combat) 3 (5) * 2) + Reaction 7 = 17 dice
    • melee: Reaction 7 + (unarmed combat (parrying) 3 (5) * 2) = 17 dice

• damage resistance: armor 8I/8B + body 4 = 12 dice

I used this one time as an example, i want you to actually show your rolls, either via a link to this linked site or SRO's own in house roller, and i will do the same next round. Good luck.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

... And High Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: ... And High Water   ... And High Water Empty

Back to top Go down

... And High Water
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next