Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHome... And High Water - Page 9 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

... And High Water

Go down 
+8
Wreck
A.W.R.
Stubbspks
T_Hawk
Jimb011
Mirikon
Marlexis
wngd_phantom
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Paradigm
Meat
Meat

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

... And High Water - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ... And High Water   ... And High Water - Page 9 EmptySun May 17, 2009 4:36 pm

Settling into a calm trance, she gently reaches into her satchel and begins pulling out a number of items and arranging them around herself in the vehicle. First comes out an althame, a chunk of black obsidian, a Crucifix, a small braizer and a challice with a water bottle. Shortly there after comes out a hand written book and a piece of chalk. Working slowly she begins drawing the circle, not quite closing it as she adds the proper symbols and notations to ensure her lodge will work properly in this space. The preperation complete she tosses her commlink into hidden mode and hooks up the earpiece and subvocal mic patching into Skuld's frequency

"Everything is mostly settled on my end here Skuld. Getting a peak at those guards as we speak then I'll see about brining up some heavier muscle but I warn ya the magical muscle isn't a fast thing to whip up if we want it solid."

With that and without waiting for a reply she'd shift her perception to the astral to check the status of the guards and if there are any wards on the area.

(OOC Assensing roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2074277/)
Back to top Go down
Jimb011
Team Leader
Team Leader
Jimb011

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Character sheet
Character Name: Dex
Race: Human
Sex: M

PostSubject: ...And High Water   ... And High Water - Page 9 EmptySun May 17, 2009 6:04 pm

Deathwatch nods and opens the door and says:

"Anton if you pick up any hopscotch, let me know. We are going for the wall. Alright, lets jam."

Got to move fast! Got to party!

Tomahawks in hand, Deathwatch would make his way stealthily towards the building. If there was a jamming device around the corner maybe the team could demo their way in. After that it would be time to create some chaos. And chaos was Deathwatch's specialty.

Infiltration: 3 Hits

Deathwatch also keeps an eye out for guards along his path. There was nothing like a guard to ruin a blowout like this.

Perception: 4 hits
+Vision Magnification
+Flare Compensation
+Thermographic Vision
+Low light vision
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Number of posts : 1442
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: ... And High Water   ... And High Water - Page 9 EmptySun May 17, 2009 6:34 pm

Sliver followed Deathwatch at a 15 meter distance.

Agil 10 + Infil 2 = 5 hits

As they progressed, he tried to keep his eyes open for patrols, drones, and security measures.

Int 4 + 2 hits

Sub-vocal: "Anton, blind the Sec please."

((OOC: -4 to perceive Sliver. Also, screwed up on the first perception roll... too many dice... same result however!))
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Character sheet
Character Name: Shadow

PostSubject: Re: ... And High Water   ... And High Water - Page 9 EmptySun May 17, 2009 8:03 pm

"Curious..." Skuld subvocalizes:
<<Allanah, have you company? I detect a hidden signal near to your own.>> Skuld takes a moment to make sure all of her drones are subscribed. She then scans the area with Sleipnir's sensors.

Sensor Test:

Sensors 2 + Clearsight 6 = 8 = 3 hits
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Priest Sarah Gaven
Race: ork
Sex: female

PostSubject: Re: ... And High Water   ... And High Water - Page 9 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 10:47 pm

Ladies:

After checking the area for intruders, even Allanah would be a little surprised to find nothing, though she could have swore to have seen something along the roofs. <<You were probably helped by my sister Genavieve, she is the techno-wiz, her and i are identical, so Alexander can never tell us apart. But for now, ladies i'd say we get moving, i want that chocolate bar that Alexander promised me for doing this.>>

Sighting down her scope, she would reach into the folded aether and make herself that much faster. if anyone could sneek up on her, they would be lucky to think after she was done.

What the girls see about the entrance to the tunnel is gaps in the traffic roughly every minute, almost like clockwork really. This gap would give a thirty second window for you to enter in past the guards who would be gearing up for the next rush. <<Okay girls, if you haul trog now, you can slip whatever you need into the tunnel, you have 30 seconds to prep, and you need 5 of those to get there, then we wait for the next gap and you go in.>>

Gents:

"So, are we going to sit here and hold hands, or are we going to do something?" Anton would steadily watch the skies for his stormcloud as he also noticed and targeted a side gate, the lock electronicaly being triggered as the small man sized portal swings open. "Doors open, and welcome mat is laid, lead the way my friends, i'll keep overwatch, and bring in the cavalry if needed."

In the AR windows of the two men, would be a small window of the thermographic scan of the area, showing the locations of dozens if not hundreds of men. 2 of which had there backs to the door that had just silently swung open. By the time the door was open enough to be seen by the 3 man crew, Sliver and Deathwatch could strike with surprise, if they were silent enough doing so...

((okay, have fun))

Last edited by wngd_phantom on Tue May 19, 2009 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ... And High Water   ... And High Water - Page 9 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 11:03 pm

"Hmm..." Skuld releases her LEBD-1 from its rack, and instructs it to scout the buildings around Allanah's position.
<<I have sent one of mine own familiars to scout your position Allanah. My sensors see nothing, but I trust my other senses more. 'Tis far to easy to lie to a machine. This I should know, ja?>>
"Dahlia, Allanah says we need to move. Can you perform your ritual in Sleipnir?"
Back to top Go down
Paradigm
Meat
Meat

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: ... And High Water   ... And High Water - Page 9 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 12:44 pm

Talk about leaving me plenty of time to work here, god.

Snapping her attention back to the mundane plane Dahlia shakes her head slightly before keying her subvocal mic.

"You've got 2 on the roof, and not sure beyond that. Nothing big in astral support that I can see. Need a minute here and then I'll be good to swap over Skuld"

Not waiting for a response Dahlia immediately begins working on bringing up some of the muscle they might need.

Lasciel I could use your assistance with the little joke of yours.

Ask and you shall recieve mortal

Returning her focus to the materials around her, she begins the ritual of summoning.

"Fallen spirits of the watchers, your brethern need your aid. Lend us your eyes that have seen both sides of man, lend those who keep faith with the covenants the grace of your presence. You who have seen the hidden come now to serve those of us who walk in that shadow place. "

Seeing the smoke like spirit shimmer into existence it's features that of a shadowy human Dahlia smiles before incanting again.

"Chosen of Legion, your brethern call. Soon the blood of those who claim to be pious will be spilt. Sinner and Sinless together will be tested and only in blood shall the lies of the world be made clear. For pride were you chained, for battle were you raised, come now and answer the call of a servant of shadows."

Watching the flame gutter and hiss, and fighting off the wave of fatigue Dahlia sighs

"Oh well 1 of 2 ain't bad"

Keying her subvocal again she grabs her gear and returns it to her satchel.

"I've got us some astral eyes, unfortunately the muscle isn't co-operating yet."

With that she heads out of the vehicle heading for Skuld's making a quick mental message for the watcher to keep an eye out for any astral trouble brewing around her.

(Rolls as follows:
Watcher Spirit Summoning (3 hit cap to lower drain - max 3 hours service) - http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2078473/
Drain Resist for Watcher Spirit - http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2078477/
Fire Spirit Summon (force 4) - http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2078479/
Fire Spirit Resist summon - http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2078480/
Drain Resist for Fire Spirit Summons - http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2078483/)
Back to top Go down
Jumuraa

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-05-05

PostSubject: Re: ... And High Water   ... And High Water - Page 9 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 4:49 pm

Thrash kept his eyes trained on his target, and activated the pilot for the vindicator. It was programed to target the SUV. Keep it from getting out of the box it had driven itself into. But that meant he couldn't go down into that death trap either... she was a tech whiz...

He didn't like what was going on. Why was she just standing there like that? Who was in the other car? Was this a meet? Why were they out here near a place that he'd only learned of when he'd been brought here to take the job? Too many questions.

A second girl stepped out of the car and started running for the SUV. Had he been made? He wasn't going to wait any longer.

He sent the fire command to the smart platform, just as it was firing up, he opened fire on the girl.

Initiative Test(Surprise Pass: = 4 hits
Result: Initiative = 15

Ranged Combat Test 1; Narrow Burst: = 6 hits
Skuld's Dodge Test 1: = 6 hits

She dove at just the right second, the concrete popping at her heals with the impact of his first shot. Maybe he'd scuffed the roof, or she'd heard the minigun warm up, or she'd simply been reacting to the second female... it didn't matter, she wasn't going to make it to the safety of that SUV...

Ranged Combat Test 2; Narrow Burst: = 5 hits
Skuld's Dodge Test 2: = 0 hits
Result: DV5P + Narrow Burst 2 + 5 hits = 12P
Skuld's Damage Resistance Test: = 2 hits
Result: Skuld takes 10P damage.

The bullets tore through her as she rounded the SUV. She went down, but he couldn't see if she was moving. He'd have to confirm the kill or he wouldn't get paid.

Dreck!
Back to top Go down
Paradigm
Meat
Meat

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: ... And High Water   ... And High Water - Page 9 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 9:00 am

Oh Frak

The chatter of the gun system momentarily threw Dahlia off her reactions, a hesitation that could have been deadly had she been the target of the attack. Shaking herself quickly, her instincts kicked in hard and she dropped prone to the ground, making a fast roll under the SUV.

Watcher follow that thing that opened up on us

The mental command given Dahlia's eyes looked for any part of Skald she could see as her hand grasped the talisman at her neck. As she spots Skuld's boots on the ground under Slepinir she becomes immensely glad once again for her habit of noting apparel. Focusing on the mental image of the girl and reaching deeper than she normally would, Dahlia silently fires off the only spell she thinks has a chance of saving Skuld.

Shadows obscure that which the light reveals.

Feeling the mana surge and the heady rush as it flows out of her, she grits her teeth and channels all her being into resisting the backlash, hoping she put enough power into the spell. Whispering into her subvocal mic "with luck that just rendered you invisible, but they can still hear you."

(OOC:
Spell Cast - Net 7 Hits.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2079896/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2079901/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2079902/

Drain - Resisting 5P
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2079907/
Back to top Go down
Jimb011
Team Leader
Team Leader
Jimb011

Character sheet

PostSubject: ...And High water   ... And High Water - Page 9 EmptyFri May 22, 2009 12:10 am

Deathwatch would creep up until he was in range then fling a tomahawk into the air directed at the guard's skull. It would somersault through the air making hardly a sound save for maybe a silent whoosh.

Surprise!

Suprise Init pass 1/3

Simple action
Throwing weapons:
7 hits (forgot custom bonus)
Surprise: guard takes 5p
Free Action:
Deathwatch walks menacingly to the maimed guard

He would then slash at guard with his second Tomahawk in a wide arc. The ancient weapon collides brutally with the guard and draws blood with a second gash. The guard slumps to the ground lifeless.

Simple action: Second tomahawk attack -2 dice
4 hits
Guard takes 5p

I'm here to kick Trog and chew bubble gum...and I'm waaaay outa gum!

Suprise Init Pass 2/3
Free action: From out of nowhere Deathwatch's Sandler TMP is now in his free hand he lets off a short burst at the second guard. It's sound suppressor turns its rattling off of ammo into a small series of clicks.

Simple action Automatics
5 hits
Dmg: Narrow Burst +2DV +Ex explosive rounds +1 + 5 p dmg = 8 dmg

The guard would slump to the ground writhing in pain and not knowing what hit him.

Get some!

Simple action: In a blur; Deathwatch sprints over to the second maimed guard to bring down the finishing blow It hits him with a thunk and the guard remains silent.

Suprise init Pass 3/3
With his remaining tomahawk deathwatch brings it down on the hapless guard for the final strike.
Simple action: Blade attack
4 hits
Guard takes 5p.

With that Deathwatch puts away his Sandler and retrieves his other tomahawk. He then looks at Skuld and Anton and signals that hes going in. He then moves silently past the gate. The first blood had been spilled and it wasn't his.

Infiltration: 4 hits

(ooc, I know I could do a whole lot more. I had several some more actions for each turn and could have made this in two init. passes but I wanted to make this quick so I spread them out. At least...I think i made it quick Question )
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ... And High Water   ... And High Water - Page 9 EmptyFri May 22, 2009 6:41 am

Skuld grows increasingly anxious to get back to the safety of Sleipnir. It seemed that this area just wasn't as safe as she had originally thought. Turning and walking back towards her Rover, she sees a slight distortion out of the corner of her eyes. Turning her head, she sees a spot before her of distorted color, the size of a man. Her eyes widening she begins to sprint towards the safety of Sleipnir and her rigger coccoon. Rounds begin to pepper the asphalt behind her, coming closer and closer. She was at the corner of her Rover now, and was about to round it when...
Skuld feels as though she has been hit by a hammer... or several hammers. Her body jerks as bullets impact against her armor, most of them passing through the kevlar as though it were common cloth. She falls, watching her blood spray from her in numerous gouts. The effect reminded Skuld as nothing so like as to a picture of the fountains of Versailles she had seen once. She is aware of hitting the pavement, but does not feel the impact.
Skuld's vision began to darken. Before she lets it take her, she sends out a last call to her familiars. Skyrnr had seen the flash of the shots as they were fired at her. He relayed that information to her now, even as she sat on death's doorstep.

"Sleipnir, release all thy charges,... find and kill the enemies who have slain me with thy brothers, Fenrir and Skyrnr. Edder, banshees, protect Dahlia."

Free Action: Sleipnir pings the area (up to 100 meters) with all his sensors, including ultra-wide-band radar.

Sensor Test:

Sensor 2 + Clearsight 6 = 8 = 3 hits

Complex Action: Sleipnir
Releases banshees and Fenrir.

Simple Action: Edder
Crawls out of Skuld's hair and makes his way over to Dahlia. He will crawl up her arm (assuming she allows it), and try to cling to her shoulder, just next to her neck.

Skyrnr: Targets and Fires a wide burst at Thrash

(OOC: I'm unclear on how things are arranged. I assume that Thrash is somewhere near us, and that the hidden node is on the roof-top. So I'm going to have Skyrnr turn on the spot and fire on Thrash. Should be a medium range for the lmg, roll will reflect this.)

To Hit:

Pilot 4 + Targeting 6 + 2 Smart Gun - 1 medium range = 11 - (recoil 0)) = 11 = 2 hits

Thrash's Defensive Roll:

Reaction 7 + Dodge (ranged) 6 - 5 wide burst = 8 =
3 hits

Results: Miss

Skyrnr opens up with its Ares MP-LMG, firing at the man who had shot Skuld. He sees the drone turn in air, and quickly sprints away, as the drones fire rains down upon the spot he had been standing.

Simple Action: Sleipnir

(OOC: I believe I can take a fire action with Sleipnir as he releases the drones, since it doesn't interfere with his ability to use his guns. Let me know, Phantom.)

The Ballista mounted on top of Sleipnir rotates, coming to rest directed at Thrash.

To Hit:

Pilot 4 + Targeting = 10 = 3 hits

Thrash's Defensive Roll:

Reaction 7 + Dodge (ranged) 6 - (1 -1) defender has defended = 13 =
5 hits

Result: Miss

The ballista launches its missile at thrash, who rolles out of the way, coming back to his feet as the missile passes over his head.

Skyrnr tracks the man as he evades the fire raining down on him, and opens up again with another wide burst.

To hit:

Pilot 4 + Targeting 6 + 2 Smart Gun - 1 medium range = 11 - (recoil 0)) = 11 = 5 hits

Thrash's Defensive Roll:

Reaction 7 + Dodge (ranged) 6 - (2 - 1) defender has defended - 5 wide burst = 7 = 2 hits

Result: Attack hits

Modified Damage Value:

Ares MP-LMG 6P + 1 XX Ammo + 3 net hits = 10P

Thrash's Armor Roll:

Body 9 + 16 total armor + 1 Troll + 1 Bone Lacing - 1 Ares MP-LMG - 1 XX Ammo = 23 = 8 hits (Addendum, extra 3 dice for damage soak = + 0 hits )

10P - 8 hits = 2P

The bullets find their mark as Thrash can no longer evade all the lead that's being thrown at him. His armor absorbs most of the attack, but several of the bullets manage to worm their way into soft points on his military armor, their explosions blowing bits of kevlar and flesh away in small red flashes.

Simple Action: Sleipnir

The ballista's top rotates, zeroing in on Thrash again.

To Hit:

Pilot 4 + Targeting = 10 = 4 hits

Thrash's Defensive Roll:

Reaction 7 + Dodge (ranged) 6 - (3 - 1) defender has defended = 11 = 2 hits

Result: Attack hits, dead center.

Modified Damage Value:

Ballista Missile 14P + 2 net hits = 16P

Thrash's Armor Roll:

Body 9 + 15 total Armor + 1 Troll + 1 Bone Lacing - 2 Ballista Missile = 23 = 4 hits (Addendum, additional 3 dice for Thrash's damage roll = +
0 hits )

16P - 4 hits = 12P damage.

Total Damage Done: 2P + 12P = 14p

Thrash's CM = 11 - 14P = -3.

The missile impacts on Thrash, dead center of his mass. His armor resists the blast for a fraction of a second, before being blown to pieces itself. Still, it keeps the troll intact. A large hole is now apparent where his stomach should be, his implants all that keep life in his broken body.

Skuld's sight is nearly dark now. To her eyes, she sees a crow land before her. It's form blurs, changing into a beautiful woman with long dark hair. She wears old armor of bronze and iron and a winged helm upon her head. She holds a long iron spear in her right hand. Seeing the valkyrie, Skuld offers up a silent prayer for her soul.

"Nornir... fyrirgefa... þinn dóttir. Ōðinn... taka... mig nú... til... Valhöll. Valkyrja gera... ekki... fara framhjá... mig..."
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ... And High Water   ... And High Water - Page 9 EmptySat May 23, 2009 11:37 am

Sliver watched as Deathwatch worked on the guards. He was good, really good. Following Deathwatch into the shadows, Sliver kept his eyes open for any other guards. They wanted to keep this quiet, so far, so good.
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ... And High Water   ... And High Water - Page 9 EmptySat May 23, 2009 6:12 pm

((sorry for the break in action boys, Hell has been a bit busy. I've rearranged my schedule so i can at least post once a night. Once again i am sorry, but i should be able to pick up from here.))

Ladies First:

Thrash had indeed surprised the girls in his hidden rooftop assault, but what he hadn't counted on was the surprise that had awaited for him. As skuld's broken body had hit the ground hard, she had a few moments grace to notice that edder had crawled onto her nose, reminding her of the army that wasn't ran through her own body, but of the very power of her thoughts. When her assault had released itself into the area, it was as if Ragnarok had been brought down to Midgard this very night.

The bullets that had flown through the night had struck home very few times, but it was enough to take Lady Skuld out of the battle momentarily, but not enough to stop her. As her army unleased it's own volley of weaponry, most of the bullets missed, very few had actually grazed Thrash, but it was Sleipner's hidden secrets that had led to Thrash;s undoing. He had leaned out over the ledge to see exactly where all of her firepower was coming from, only too late had he seen the rocket launcher zero in directly on him. The explosion had created such a flash that had blinded all. A loud scream was barely heard over the deafening roar of the blast, it was only with a heavy wind had the dust and smoke cleared. After the woman-made cataclysm had cleared, the only trace remaining of the assailant would be a 3 meter wide jagged hole filled only with dust and strewn bits of hanging rubble. This had indeed been a bloody battle as the girls would see Allanah levitate silently down to the ground and walk over to the girls: "looks like you girls could use a bit of extra help"

Her hands would glow lightly in the darkened areas as she concentrated on the wounds of skuld, her astrally enlightened eyes would pierce the invisible layer of magic. After a few moments of piece and quiet, Allanah and Dahlia would heal Lady Skuld of all but the most serious of wounds ((3 boxes)), helping the wounded woman to her feet, Allanah would give the ladies a look of surprise, considering the fire power that the technologically endowed women, "So what should we do now ladies?" Her hips cocked to oneside as one hand hung low by the overly large guitar case on her back, the other resting on her side.

Gentlemen:

As He slashed his way through the first 2 guards in the room, no alarm had yet been raised by Deathwatch's slaughter, three more guards would also be located in the room as well, they had yet to notice you at all thanks to the stacks of very high boxes, and very dimly lit atmosphere. Their patrols would reveal that the only way to take them out would be one at a time, and for you to be absolutley quiet. Anton would forward a live action view of the troops, the crates were positioned in a more or less "S" pattern. If you were at the bottom right hand side of the s, the very beginning, the first guard would be walking along the first curve, the second would be at the second curve, and the last would be at the end of the S, where the door to a warehouse would be located.

((note that the 'surprise factor' only applies to the first initiative pass, after that you apply damage and defenses as per normal. The stats are as follows for the bad guys.
body 4
armor 6 (cutbacks suck)
reaction 4 (2 passes)
dodge 4
agility 4

good luck))

Last edited by wngd_phantom on Sat May 23, 2009 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ... And High Water   ... And High Water - Page 9 EmptySat May 23, 2009 7:02 pm

Sliver flanks Deathwatch as they push further into the room.

Infiltration Test: 6 hits

As the first guard comes into his view, Sliver levels his HK XM30 and fires off a burst.

Ranged Test; Narrow Burst: 6 hits
Guard Dodge Test: 1 hit
Result: Net hits = 5; DV = 6P + NB 2 + EX-Exp + 5 = 14P
Guard Damage Resistance Test: 2 hits
Result: Guard takes 12P; 2 box overflow damage

The rounds left the modified HK with less noise than the ejection slide, or the shells hitting the floor. The first round cut through the guard's armor just below the chest plate, digging deeply into his guts. The second tore through the plate, ricocheting off his the inside of his shoulder blade and lodging in his lung. The third cut a path through his throat and continued on into the crate behind him. As he sank to his knees, the only sound that escaped his lips was a slight gurgle as blood welled out of his throat and mouth.
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ... And High Water   ... And High Water - Page 9 EmptySat May 23, 2009 11:08 pm

As Sliver took down the first of three guards, the bullets would indeed pepper his body, leaving pellets strewn all about as his armor was micro-sized shrapnel. The only thing that could be noticed at the moment would be the radio that squelched a bit of static and faded out as electricity would spark over the bullet sized whole that appeared through it. <<Guys, that last squelch was him sending a check-in by my count thus far of traffic, that gives you about 6 minutes before the next check in for him., so get going.>>
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ... And High Water   ... And High Water - Page 9 EmptyMon May 25, 2009 7:29 am

Skuld's eyes open, and look up into the face of the Valkyrie. She smiles, thinking, "A warrior's death, sword in hand! 'Tis more than I had hoped for myself." The Valkyrie reaches out a hand, and Skuld takes it in her own. The woman pulls her to her feet, and pain explodes in Skuld's side. Reaching around with her free hand, she feels wetness on her armor, and pulls her hand back to see blood on her fingertips.
She looks again at the Valkyrie, and realizes that this woman is not the chooser of the fallen that she had glimpsed before her vision faded. This woman wears chameleon clothes that blend with her surroundings, and has a guitar case slung across her back. Their back-up, Allanah.

"I am not dead then?" Skuld inspects herself. Blood covered her body, several holes evident in her armor the obvious source. She looks over to where the attack on her had come, and sees the smoking remains of Thrash. She access her drones' logs, and brings herself up on what happened while she lay bleeding on the pavement. "Good boy, Sleipnir. And you as well, Skyrnr. Your mother's most pleased with you."
She leans back against Sleipnir, holding her side and grimacing a bit at the pain that lingered from the bullet wounds. She looks to Allanah as the woman asks their next course of action.
"We blow this puling place to Hel and gone. I want these people to bleed." She recalls her drones, their racks opening to receive them back inside. She places a hand on Dahlia's shoulder and allows Edder to climb over her arm and nestle back within her long hair.
"Dahlia, Allanah, ride with me. I like no more surprises, and I know me that you will be safe within Sleipnir. We'll return for your car when we are done here." She turns around as she opens the door and says, "And thank you, both of you. I would be dead twice over if you had not pulled me back." She climbs in, and lays down in her rigger cocoon. As the device closes around her, she looks out the window at the remains of the troll who had so nearly geeked her, and says a prayer. "Til Valhöll, ligr skíðgarðr. Láta Ōðinn þeir kvöddu konung-gjarnliga þú."
Back to top Go down
Jimb011
Team Leader
Team Leader
Jimb011

Character sheet

PostSubject: ...And High Water   ... And High Water - Page 9 EmptyTue May 26, 2009 6:15 pm

Hearing the radio Deathwatch felt something. It was a familiar feeling of adrenaline taking over. Things were getting more interesting. He crept up (ooc using same infiltration) to the next guard and brought to bear his tomahawks once more.

Pump up the volume!

Surprise round?
Tomahawk Blade attack
5 hits
6 Dmg (strength / 2)) +2 +1 from martial arts))

FINISH HIM

Finishing move
Tomahawk Blade attack
5 hits
6 dmg

With a swift motion Deathwatch slashes at the guard then spins on his heel to slash again effectively creating a "X" pattern that stems from his neck to his torso. The guard falls to the ground bleeding all over the place. Deathwatch then moves back into the shadows

Flawless Victory

Infiltration
6 hits
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ... And High Water   ... And High Water - Page 9 EmptyTue May 26, 2009 8:55 pm

Gentleman:

The guard hit the ground with a squish, his blood beginning to form a large blood pool on the ground, light barely creating enough of a shadow to cover the messy gore of your victory. Sliver would join you momentarily, gingerly stepping over the corpse as he slinked alongside Deathwatch into the shadows, moving towards the last goal.

Remember that favorite game of yours?

As you both peer around the corner to the next target a map would appear in your huds, it was a laid out overhead view of the base the legend that Anton would paste is that the green dots are groups of 2 men each that are working around the base. The red build is obviously the generator to the main base, and each brown block is a group of crates, the largest in the bottom corner being a building that was shielded by his scans. <<Good luck with your battle friends, if you need any help at all, just ask, i've got a decent cavalry ready to bring hell, At the moment, i read you as almost out of the crated building, you have one more guard at the end, and then it's on to the rest.>>. Just as he says this, you start to hear boot steps head down the makeshift hallway towards you.

Who's the Better Killer?

Two guards dressed in what looks to be upgraded armor compared to the common get-up of the enemy was walking directly towards your location, and you still had the body on the ground, it would barely be moments before you were discovered.

Let's play.

Ladies:

Allanah would nod to Lady Skuld, although not entering the Vehicle right away, she would instead release her WM-2100 from it's holster, the rifle falling from a hidden hatch in the guitar case. "If ya don't mind, i'm going to follow behind you and pick them off from a ways back, i don't like being up close."

Hmm, upgrades.

With that she would turn mount up on the corner of the building nearest the tunnel, and sight into the guards, the imaging scope of her rifle would relay a Trid of what she saw to the team, the front of the tunnel seemed to be more active, and to have responded to the ruccus that had been caused moments ago, now in front of the tunnel, in delta fashion, was a squad of roughly 6 guards, in upgraded armor, it seems that Ria had learned from her previous errors. <<I'm ready when you are ladies.>>

New stats:
Body 4
Reaction 5
Willpower 4
Armor 8
dodge (ranged) 4 (+2)

Will to Live 2
High Pain Tolerance 2
Back to top Go down
Paradigm
Meat
Meat

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: ... And High Water   ... And High Water - Page 9 EmptyWed May 27, 2009 8:03 am

Climbing into Slepinir Dahlia would shake her head slightly.

Times like this I really should have invested in better armor

"Alright Skuld, your ballgame. I figure there is no way those guards failed to see what just happened so there goes the convince our way past em. Try and get us in through the gap in their overwatch I guess.

I am going to give another whirl at getting us some magical support."

Without waiting for a response she settles into the seat and closes her eyes, hand going to her talisman once again as she mentally inscribes the proper formulae into the air too tired to work it out on the ground as usual. After a few seconds she growls in frustration, and opens her eyes

" And yet again the bastard refuses to show "

Focusing back on the here and now, she decides to do something a bit more practical. With some effort she focuses her will on increasing her reactionspeed.

(ooc:
Summon spirit http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2087252/ 1 hit
Spirit Resist http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2087254/ 2 hits as usual
Drain http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2087255/
Spellcasting (Improved Reflexes force 4) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2087262/ (2 hits)
Drain http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2087263/ - 3 hits thus 1 pt stun inflicted.

New Stats:
Initiative 9
Passes 2
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ... And High Water   ... And High Water - Page 9 EmptyThu May 28, 2009 1:35 pm

Skuld goes full VR, accessing the digital world around her. Freed from her meat, she immediately feels in her element, although the pain of her wound remains an unpleasant distraction. She messages the girls:

To: the Angels

Vennine, we go. Gird yourselves, and prepare for Ragnarøk. Dahlia, please send your spirit forward, let him scout the way for us. We need to know what defenses the enemy has. If he is capable, have him look too for a structure which we can destroy to bring the tunnel down.
Allanah, watch our backs and take care of any strays you see. We need you to keep our exit covered.

She accesses the rigger adaption of the truck on its hitch behind Sleipnir, and again releases Skyrnr. She revs the engine, and with a screech of tires, Sleipnir roars out of the parking lot, barreling down on the guard shacks, Skyrnr following behind.

Skuld's VR Initiative:

Initiative 12 + 3 hits = 15

Rover Acceleration: 20/45

LEBD-1 Acceleration: 5/20

(OOC: Skuld is gunning the Rover, and will try to ram the first Guard Shack on her way in. Skyrnr will follow to the mouth of the tunnel, then start circling above it, firing on any hostiles in the area.)
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ... And High Water   ... And High Water - Page 9 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 8:01 pm

((Oddly, SRO was very slow last week, we will have to pick it up then, Gentlemen you still have the two guards approaching you to take out, the initiative order goes as Sliver, Guard 1, DeathWatch, guard 2 for this small battle.))

Ladies:

As Allanah looks down her rifles scope, sighting in on the first guard she would prepare her first shot to begin a small war. The wailing tires of Sleipner would halt any hope of her concentration as she see's the mad nordic woman attempt to gun down the entire row off guards on her own.

The multi tun tank that was Lady Skuld's modern chariot would easily demolish the first guard post on the right, and the guard within it would succumb to a similarly crushing fate as the vehicle continued on like a demon possesed into the rest of the guards make shift defense.

While the guards had been stunned it was the two closest that had suffered the worst fates, ending up as no more than smears on the road and stains in Sleipners under carriage. The other guards would for the most part have the moments notice to react and get out of her way, one of them falling down from a broken leg, having it crushed by the steel beam that stood as the gateway into the tunnel.

<<Get'em Girls.>>

Everyone:

All of the guards defensive stats are as follows:

stats:
Body 4
Reaction 5
Willpower 4
Armor 8
dodge (ranged) 4 (+2)

Will to Live 2
High Pain Tolerance 2

The gentlemen have 2 to take care of immediatly, and the girls have 3 that are still in good health, one on the ground with a broken leg (6p damage).

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ... And High Water   ... And High Water - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 6:09 am

Sliver stepped past Deathwatch and his kill, moving on to the next curve in the crates. Setting up his next position just in time. As the dot on his HUD rounded the corner, so did the guard.

Sliver opened fire with a nearly silent bust

Ranged Combat, Narrow Burst: Agi 10 + Assault Rifles 5 + SL 2 = 17; 6 hits
Dodge: Surprised, none.
Damage Resistance Test: DV6P + 1 ExE Rnds + 2NB + 6 = 15P - 4 hits = 11P
2nd Ranged Test; Narrow Burst: 5 hits
Dodge: Surprised, none.
Damage Resistance Test: DV14P - 3 hits = 11P

The first three rounds caught the guard in the torso just as he had rounded the corner. As he staggered from the almost fatal wounds, the second volley slammed into him, ripping even wider holes in his chest and back.
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ... And High Water   ... And High Water - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 12:29 am

In her cocoon, Skuld grins from ear to ear, one that is echoed on the face of her VR self. With each of the guards who perished beneath Sleipnir's tires she felt herself revenged a bit more upon Ria. And she seemed to have taken them rather by surprise. "Now then, let them contend with mine fury."

Skuld tells Sleipnir, "Mín fólginn, let us play."

Sleipnir targets one of the guards with his left-hand turret with a full burst:

To hit:

Pilot 6 + Targeting (Automatics) 6 + 2 smart gun = 14 = 5 hits

Guard 1's Defensive Roll:

Reaction 5 + Dodge 4 (+2) = 11 = 0 hits

Modified DV:

Ares MP-LMG 6P + 1 XX ammo + 5 net hits = 12P

Guard 1's Armor Roll:

Body 4 + Armor 8 - 1 Ares MP-LMG - 1 XX ammo = 10 = 5 hits

Total Damage: 12P - 5 hits = 7P

Sleipnir's gun pours lead about the man, a couple of the rounds impacting on the meat of his thigh, blowing chunks out of his armor and flesh.

Now skuld turns her attention to Skyrnr. "Rain fire upon them, liten fugl."

(OOC: I'm assuming that skyrnr is within range, but am figuring a moderate distance due to his speed being less than Sleipnir's. Let me know if this needs to change.)

Skyrnr targets the guard next to the one who Sleipnir is attacking.

To Hit:

Pilot 4 + Targeting (Automatics) 6 + 2 smart gun - 1 mod range = 11 = 3 hits

Guard 2's Defensive Roll:

Reaction 5 + Dodge 4 (+2) = 11 = 3 hits

Result: Tie, defender's favor.

Skyrnr's attack catches naught but air, his target having moved away from his partner as Sleipnir attacked him, confounding the flying drone's shot.

"Keep up the fire, barn"

Sleipnir opens up with a narrow burst on his target.

To Hit:

Pilot 6 + Targeting (Automatics) 6 + 2 smart gun = 14 = 5 hits

Guard 1's defensive Roll:

Reaction 5 + Dodge 4 (+2) - 1 wounded = 10 = 3 hits

Modified DV:

Ares MP-LMG 6P + 1 XX ammo + 2 net hits + 5 Narrow burst = 14P

Guard 1's Armor Roll:

Body 4 + Armor 8 - 1 Ares MP-LMG - 1 XX ammo = 10 = 1 hit

Total Damage: 14P - 1 hit = 13P

Sleipnir's gun roars again, and the guard is unable to dodge, his wounded leg slowing him down. The narrow burst from the Ares MP-LMG stitches a neat line across his stomach, the explosive rounds detonating on impact. The guard is split in twain by the attack, his legs remaining standing while his upper body flies back to hit the ground with a wet 'thunk.'

Skyrnr adjusts, firing its next burst in a wide dispersal, trying to pin down it's elusive quarry.

To Hit:

Pilot 4 + Targeting (Automatics) 6 + 2 smart gun - 1 mod. range = 11 = 3 hits

Guard 2's Defensive Roll:

Reaction 5 + Dodge 4 (+2) - 5 wide burst = 6 = 3 hits

Results: Tie, defender's favor.

The guard takes refuge from the maelstrom around him by hiding behind the beam under which his comrade is laid, clutching his wounded leg. Skyrnr's bullets rain down around him, exploding on the asphault and on the steel of the beam, but none find their mark.
Back to top Go down
Paradigm
Meat
Meat

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: ... And High Water   ... And High Water - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 8:02 pm

From her position on the couch in Slepinir, Dahlia's head comes up suddenly as the engine's gun and she feels the air shimmer around her as the spirit she called finally answers her call. Not hesitating a second, she turns looking through the tinted glass of Slepinir's cockpit and watching as the machines begin to tear apart the guards that are left standing.

"Drek chicha, you don't mess around once you get your back up do you?"

Time to show these hired muscle what a true fire fight looks like I should think, wouldn't you agree my pet?

The palpatable sense of menace from the fire Spirit confirming her viewpoint she smiled sadistically as she loosed the hold on it's bonds, mentally telling it to kill anyone wearing one of the guard uniforms. Leaping willingly to her order the spirit felw through the astral plane towards the nearest guard, who had dodged miraculously out of the way of the incoming fire from Skuld. Manifesting out of the astral plane like some beast out of Dante's inferno, a demon with angelic wings of black flame, and wreathed in colours of sickly red and purple reached menacingly for the poor guard, determined to rip him asunder the beam providing no cover against the spirit in hand to hand combat:

To hit:

Agility (Force +2 so 5) + Unarmed Combat (5) = 10 = http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2102503/ = 3 Hits

Guard 2 Defensive Roll:

Reaction 5 + dodge 4 - 2 (attacked twice already) = 7 dice = http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2102506/ = 2 hits

Modified Damage Value:

Engulf (Magic 3) + 4 (energy aura) + 1 net hit = 8

Guard 2 Armor roll:

Body 4 + (1/2 impact) (4) = 8 dice = http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2102520/ = 2

Total Damage 8P - 2hits = 6P and engulfed in flames (yay cooking ammo!)

With a roar the fire spirit explodes around the guard, immolating his form as the fire scorches and blackens the armor he is wearing, leaving him powerless to move for the time being as he cooks inside the suit of squealing plastic and metal.

Her own mind free to respond, Dahlia draws a bead on the other uninjured guard as she clutches the talisman around her neck and pulls the mana towards her. Incanting loudly, her features take a slight demonic cast as she pulls on her power reserves casting out a stronger than usual blast of power towards the unwounded guard, not caring for restraint at this point as she abandons herself to the pure thrill of the magic flowing through her.:

To hit:

Flamethrower Force 7 - Magic 5 + Spellcasting (3) = 8 dice = http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2102532/ = 4 hits

Guard 3 Dodge:

Reaction 5 + Dodge 4 ( +2) = 11 dice = http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2102533/ = 8 hits

Result: Guard dodges like a pro

Drain: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2102535/ = 4 hits

Drain 6P - 4 hits = 2P

Blood runns slightly from Dahlia's nose as a lance of flame materializes from the side of the van and goes scorching towards the third guard. Catapualting himself backwards he manages to twist in mid air as the flame front passes underneath him before completing his mad roll into cover behind a dumpster. He even manages to make it look artistic as he does it.

Cursing Dahlia readies her next spell, hoping the obvious full defensive moves from the guards will permit her to take another shot at roasting their tails.

(ooc: that's IP pass 1 for me, let me know if you want IP 2)
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ... And High Water   ... And High Water - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 2:23 pm

Everyone:
Fate had sat high atop his chair, watching in an ornate pool all the chances that could happen in life. The man would gaze into the pool with passing glances, casually flipping a coin between his pale hands, knowingly he decided the various paths of billions of people in the world. For some unknown reason, a sound erupted from the pool. This sound was an unholy scream, it was the sound of death, pain, chaos, This should be interesting.

Hold on, be strong. So right, so wrong.

He would see in the rippling pool, the liquid that normally flashed thousand if not millions of blended images at once, split down the middle showing only 2 images. One of a small group of ladies, seemingly holding off a small army, rather effectivly , he added silently. In the other half would be 2 gentlemen who were sneaking through a base with a little assistance from a third who stayed behind, they had already slaughtered a small group of guards while remaining silent, also interesting let's see what happens.

What Ive felt, what I've known, turn the pages, turn the stone.

His attentions in this, along with his own rising excitement would draw the power of his coin. He knew that something was coming for either group, he knew that it would tie their fates together, as his mothers had described the blanket they weaved together for countless millenia. Let's see what happens. he would whisper quietly to himself as his coin flipped through the air, destined to land on either pool, heads or tails, Fate would have Chance decide how their fates would be combined.

Gentleman:

Sliver had a chance to kill the guard who was faster, he didn't know exactly who it was or what would happen if he did. He had a 50:50 chance to get it right. The guard he did unmercifully killed fell to the ground in a slump, his body ravaged by explosive rounds that had be coughed from Sliver's silent weapon had dissected his innards with the accuracy of a dull chainsaw, leaving his body torn and useless, pain would be his last thought has he passed away.

Living without you, living alone, this empty house seems so cold.

The guard that had lived was immediatly alerted as his partner fell into that unending abyss of blackness. His hand immediatly rising to his radio, "This is 003-tango, We've got..."

--
Pilot 4 + Target (sniper rifles) 4 = 8 = 4 hits

Reaction 5 + dodge 4 (+2) = 11 = 3 hits

Damge Value = 9p + 1 hit = 10p

Resistance
Body 4 + Armor 8 - AP 3 - APDS 4 = 5 = 3 hits

Totals: 10p - 3 hits = 7p total damage
--

A mysterious light would flash directly infront of the guard, and a wound would appear in his shoulder, the same shoulder that held what currently held a ruined piece of scrap that was the radio. The force of the shot had knocked the guard to the ground, leaving him prone to any attack. <<You need to be faster than that.>>

Ladies:

The team of Magic and Technology had decimated the small force that tried to block entrance into tunnel. The forces at hand had thus far been of negligible type, compared to the protection that Sleipner offered to the ladies, and the firepower wielded by the Spirit and the Sprite. Each girl's confidence grew as only 2 members were left of the crew, both would not probably live through the night regardless of whether the girls hastened their eternal rest.

Look around do you see, so many things have changed.

The landscape of what had once been a rather peaceful looking area had been reduced to a small DMZ. The ground was littered with bodies and rubble from the crashed guard shacks, this left the two guards with nothing left to lose. One guard was practically next to sleipner hiding in the rubble, the other was on the far side of the tunnel entrance, hiding behind the only partially standing shack, each signaled to the other what was needed. Their radios both rang true through the night to their brethern in arms.

Open your eyes and realize, Hard times are over if you want.

The men had turned and opened fire on the war vehicle, the bullets not even leaving scrapes against the massive mechanical monster, but the back up had soon arrived in moments. On top of the tunnel were4 men who each were heavily armored, more so than anyone else. Each of the soldiers held in their hands Panther XXL Anti-Tank super rifles, Ria's insignia on each of the barrels as they leveled their weapons, Skuld's broadcasted trid would show that the weapons had been especially modified to do extreme damage to Sleipner.

Heads; lucky girls.

The men had been aligned in a perfect firing arc, if only she could curve bullets, oh well time to try the new trick.

--
Agility 5 + Long arms (sniper rifles) 4 (+2) - recoil negated = 11 = 5 hits *burn edge for critical success*

Guard dodge: negated

(bullet math: F = m * v^2/r = .2 * 700^2 / 20 = 3380 N = 738 lbs of force to curve)

Spellcasting
Levitation force 4
Magic 5 + Spellcasting 4 = 9 = 4 hits
Drain:
((force 4/2:rounded down) + 1) + 5 extraordinary circumstances = 8
Willpower 5 + Intuition 6 = 11 = 11d6.hits(5)=6

Effects: 2s drain
--

With a loud roar, and a flash of brightest light that turned the night sky into a brightest day, Allanah's enhanced reflexes allowed her to just barely feel the bullet, wrapping her will around it, causing it move from the usually straight path. Despite the pain that shot through her mind, her whole body shaking with an earthquake force that shattered the concrete beneath her feet, the bullets path curved just enough to slice through the head of the first guard, then curve upwards and onwards through the brain pans of the 4 guards on top, and finally Scream to a hault into the ground, but not before ripping through the helmet and nearly exploding the last guards skull, <<Don't you dare mess with me.>>

The helpless are crushed. They collapse. They fall under our strength.

Fate had been dutifully surprised at the decision his coin had landed on, with a soft hurumph of amazement he would let the coin reappear in his hands as he went about flipping it again and again, the pool returning back to the normal broken view of everyone that existed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ... And High Water   ... And High Water - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

... And High Water
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next