Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeInto Shadow IC - Page 6 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Into Shadow IC

Go down 
+4
No_Name
Suspect
Hadenwolf
Jagger
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

Into Shadow IC - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 7:30 am

"Ooh... Targets." Shan said with a predatory smile. She even went so far as to lick the edge of one of her cards, still smiling down at the soon-to-be-dead shamblers shuffling across the street toward what they likely believed to be a potential meal. Little did they know they would soon become a meal themselves!
Without looking, Shan held one card between her forfinger and thumb, while carefully fitting a second card between her middle and ring fingers, effectively readying two seperate cards. She didn't want the second card to be far behind the first, as that might alert the second target - and she wasn't good enough yet to throw them both at the same time. Shan drew back her arm, holding it slightly to the side, and carefully sighting her target. Since there were two, and she didn't want to waste the time, or effort, in attacking only the creature's head, Shan simply aimed carefully and let the first card go. The motion was smooth and effortless, almost as if she'd done it thousands of times before. Which, in fact, she likely had. The second card was not far behind, her arm cycling backward in to the "attack" position again, pausing for only an instant before she again released it forward, sending the second card spinning and sailing directly in to the second shuffler. - No dinner for you! Shan thought to herself, satisfactorilly.

First throw: 6 Hits | Second Throw: 6 Hits
- Damage is 7+ Net Hits (My guess is that they don't get a dodge; so it would be 13P)

Perception 2 to see if either survived
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 9:14 am

As Shan's most recent targets toppled to the street to lie still and finally, irreversibly, dead, Ronin and Logan quickly re-barricaded the front door. The shambling deaders possessed little enough intelligence to react to things close at hand, their limited brainpans exemplified the epitome of the 'out of sight, out of mind' concept.

Their task completed, the two metas climbed up to the roof - really the best lookout point in the building as it gave a 360-degree view of the street below as well as the immediate surroundings - to rejoin the others, one of whom was taking great delight in picking off whichever undead strayed within range of her cards, the other silently growing more desperate for his 'meds'.

Logan's first glimpse of their new 'recruit' could be only loosely called typical. His gaze traveled from the long, feathery hair down the well-formed, and completely nude, contours of her body to her equally bare feet (which, he noted vaguely, seemed to be gripping the ledge where she 'perched' - he could think of her pose in no other terms) like an exquisite bird of prey. What was atypical of his reaction was the quickness with which his appraisal was over. Turning to Mercy, he said:

"Might have found a way to get across town without scrappin every step of the way. Interested?"
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 10:28 am

Hearing footsteps on the stairs, and finally through the door, Shan paused in her game of pin-the-card-in-the-Zombie. She rotated her head enough to get a good look at the two figures emerging from the stairwell door, taking note of the newcomer. Since he was in the company of Ronin, Shan didn't currently consider him to be a threat and instead went back to her target practice. Fortunately, a deck of playing cards was cheap - and they were every bit as much for Shan in their current capacity as they were intended to be in their... other usage. If not for their astoundingly effective size/shape, likely Shan would have adopted different "random" weapons. A pocket full of lead pellets, for instance, harvested from bird-shot shells, would have been every bit as deadly in her hands. But they took up more space, or a similar amount, and were quite a bit more expensive. Playing cards, however, we nearly the perfect tool.
"Why do you need to get across town? At night?" Shan asked. She stood, letting flap fall down over her pouch. - No need for target practice at the moment... She thought to herself, figuring it might be useful to get to know the other people on the roof a bit more. She turned, facing them fully, and turning her back to the street. A few steps later, she was once again "with the group," in conversation mode, more or less.
"I can do that quickly and easilly. I need to get in better commlink service area anyway - my friend tried calling, and I couldn't hear him." She added, looking at the group. - Perhaps one of them has better service... She wondered idly, without voicing the thought.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 8:37 pm

Mercy was young, but he was not blind for a minute he thougt he saw them act as one to help a fallen comrade though no one had truly fallen the reaction was no less...

Mercy had been part of a team, a squad... Once that is not too long ago by the stanards of metahunity. They were the only real family he had known... And they were slaughtered before him and he knew not why... But he aim to find out he toyed slightly with the idea of a knew family one not born in a vatican think tank but of his own choosing "hmph" the eagerness of youth the fathers would say most assuredly... he'd saved many in the year he'd been sent to seattle but why here. And wothout a propperly trained team what was he supposed too do... Maybe he was supposed to die... It had been three months since the vatican sent word or orders for that matter... Or supplies he did what he could... "hold the line" mex would shout. He snapped out his reverie. Logan had made it up to the roof and the bird hadchirpped a question

He threw his gaze over the shapshifter. "There is something I need from a construction site a medical container with a strap it will not last long once it is dropped and I fear for the safety of the delivery person... It is a friend of sorts... That is all i will say if you wish to come do not open the container you will contaminate the supplies... Do i have all of youe words on that" after he recieved there confermations he spoke well too his wristband of all things... "Simon send our new friends the gps data for the drop...!" Very good master mercy i shall indeed. A ghostly british male voice came from his COM then every ones com buzzed a little and he asked Logan " whats your plan"
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 11:09 am

Ronin [rooftop]

There was a slight bounce in Ronin's step now that Logan had returned. she didn't feel so alone, so surrounded by demons. Ok she was still surrounded by demons but at least not alone. Of course the only one to notice was Kitsune who was all but bouncing from one shoulder to the other matching and amplifying Ronin's excitement.

in reply to Mercy's request for a promise:
{English} "I do not make promises the universe may not let me keep, but I can foresee no reason to open your box." If that wasn't good enough for the priest demon then he would just have to go it alone.

The samurai stood on the edge of the roof and looked down at the fire escape making its way down the side of the building deciding that it would be quicker to use that than to go through the building and unbar the front door.

{English} Send me the coordinates as well. So do we go above ground or follow Logan under it?"
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 11:42 am

"Wait... Who said anything about going under ground? Logan didn't mention a below-ground route." Shan protested, before even having a chance to respond to Mercy's question.
"I don't think I like the idea of going below ground..." She added, not sure what kind of "below ground" scenario the Samurai was talking about. After all, she had been in cavernous caves where the walls were beyond her low-light vision's reach. She'd also been in tight, uncomfortable spaces, where she couldn't properly spread her wings, and had had to change to her human form just to move about effectively. There were a lot of different kinds of "below ground" but she wasn't terribly fond of any of them.
"Also, you mentioned clothing... If we're going to be getting any closer than throwing distance to the shamblers, I would prefer to have a chance to retreive my armor. Those things aren't dangerous to my kind like they are to yours - but we die just the same when our heads come off our bodies." Shan noted. It would take her a bit of time to retreive her armor, but it would be a worth-while trip. She now had a decent place to stow her armor while she wasn't using it; so she didn't mind taking advantage of the group's hospitality in that respect. Besides: she was hungry. And while the shamblers couldn't poison her, they weren't exactly meat, either...
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 6:51 pm

Mercy Looked to the shape shifter "No one has to go anywhere they don't wish to go i simply want to hear his suggestion, is all... Logan continue please..." He had to pull it together but he was certainly no leader and quite obviously the youngest one there by his estimate....

No he was no leader, and he planned to make that clear at a more convenient time. Mex was his leader, and he died first... If thrust upon him though would Mercy step up too the plate he wondered...
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 8:29 am

"Aright," Logan growled. It would seem the logical thing would be to hole up in the boarding house - it was relatively secure - but they had practically no supplies, not to mention Mercy had to have whatever it was this supplier had for him. "We can't just sit here, so we might as well get crackin."
He looked at the naked girl, "You got to have your armor so that's first objective."
He turned his gaze to Mercy, "You need to make your drop time, so that's second objective."

He held up the salvaged shotgun and inspected it. The weapon looked sound and even had a full clip - an unexpected but fortunate fact.
"And we're gonna need supplies; food, water, ammo. We'll have to keep an eye out for a weapons shop or sporting goods store. Third objective"

He looked at each of the team in turn, then said, "Aright, let's move like we got a purpose people!"
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 11:34 am

Mercy did not move though happy someone else was putting up with the leading job... "Very well you all go and get her armor and chest and what ever you need i will go to my drop as time is short... I will return for you if there is enough time after all i must rest sooner or later... As must we all. Also i will not be resting here if its all the same to you however..." He commented more then asked permission. "Well you herd the man it would seem you will all be indispose i wish you the best go with God" He traced a cross over the heads of each member and then in a clearly hyperbolic manner spun away to the roofs edge... his cloak trailing behind. He clearly intended to jump...
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 8:16 am

Ronin [Rooftop]

The samurai listened as the other spoke and she learned: Demons can be killed by cutting off their heads.

She watched as Mercy left them. Finally she turned towards The naked ‘Woman’

{English} “It appears as though we are with you, lead on.”
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 6:04 pm

"Oh, erm... Well, I can fly. Getting my armor is actually quite easy for me, as is returning. I was actually hoping that you all could wait, er something. I mean... Again, getting my armor is easy. In fact, it's easier to get my armor than it is to carve up the Shamblers on the streets... Although considerably less satisfying." Shan said, flustered by the sudden attention she was getting from the group. She didn't mind walking in the front, or something like that. But she wasn't really looking for assistance. She chuckled nervously at her last comment. It probably seemed as though she was trying to diffuse some of the attention, but the truth was quite a bit simpler than that: She thought it was funny. And she was nervous.
"Well, er, I suppose it would be a little bit simpler if we just found some replacement, perhaps? I mean, any armored jacket would do in a pinch. It's not my armor, but it'll do just fine. She added, hoping that would get the group along faster.
"If we can do that fairly quickly, then we can assist Mercy; that is, if he needs the help? Or we could just start slaughtering some Shamblers..." She offered, looking for an alternative to everyone waiting around while she flew off to retrieve her armor.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 6:35 pm

(GM: With all that's happened, I'm going to say its nigh on midnight.)

A huge full moon sat in the night sky, casting the streets below awash in sharp contrasts; illuminated areas seemed as clear as day while the shadows took on an almost impenetrable solidity.

"Suit yerself," Logan rasped at Mercy. He worked the slide on the shotgun, chambering a slug round (and relishing that ratchet sound that had always been the herald of one of his trideo heroes about to kick some serious hoop.) "Like I said, we can't dig in here, gonna need supplies. Might as well stay together. 'Less you just prefer goin yer own way."

Logan looked at 'Nudie Judie' and said, "I could go for takin out more of those shamblers too. But, we get close to yer digs, you zip over and grab yer stuff. We find a swag shack, we can all restock."

He stepped over to where Ronin had been peering down at a fire escape and, reholstering the shotgun to have both hands free, began to climb down.

Pausing with only his head visible above the ledge, he growled to the others, "Well? What's the holdup ladies? Let's get crackin."
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 8:45 pm

Mercy's head hung at Logan's words it was not his intention to seem as though he did not want to be apart of but if they opened the case or disturbed his slumber it would be the end of his secret... He was not yet ready to share especially when in the presence of such prejudice like the Samurai women always her judgmental eyes on him as if she could tell what he was... Perhaps he'd just scared the paints off her she did not look like one who skulk to her prey... No he did not think they had the family ties he would need to divulge such information... It sucked because mercy was raised with such predjudice it was a part of him and he hated himself for what he was...

Instead of answering Logan He preyed (levitation)

8dice = 2 hits

Mercy stepped off the ledge his cloak trailing once more behind, and then after his leap of faith he was answered with Mana necessary to keep him afloat "I shall meet up with you. Call me on my COM. I will answer for any of you...." He looked to Logan "I am with you in spirit if not in the physical..." and he flew off to the construction site...
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 6:13 am

Ronin [Fire escape]

{Over link to Logan, English} "It looks like neither of the demons want to play with us, demons are not to be trusted but they can be helpful as long it serves their purposes."

{Verbal through the armor's speaker to the naked demon} "Go get your armor, your supplies. When you return to the area call us and we will hunt the other demons and hunt supplies together." ~Transmitting Commlink address~

Ronin made good time reaching the ground, using her enhanced agility and strength she clung to the outside of the fire escape and dropped from level to level. Not the quietest way to go but then running down metal grates isn't very quiet either.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 7:05 am

Mercy was troubled he was certainly not off to a good start... "Dimicandum Furtim Modum" (Engage Stealth mode). The ruthenium polymers electrified to life at his words and blended with the backgrounds of the night sky... He thought hard about his actions though he had not lied... He was not as forth coming as say the shape shifter. But he figured it was for the best...

He spurred on through the night sky a blur to those below and to to himself...
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 7:06 am

"Will do!" Shan said, smiling brightly. Shan lifted the small leather pouch over her shoulder, laying it down on the ledge at the edge of the building. She then hopped up onto the ledge, resuming her "perched" position, staring down in to the streets. Shan shifted her body position slightly, so that her right foot was on top of the leather pouch, which the group already knew contained her deck of playing cards; and likely some other more specialized throwing weapons. Though, the pouch was small, so it was unlikely that it contained many other weapons. Shan shifted her weight again, likely trying to get comfortable, or perhaps finding the right weight balance for some reason or another. Then, as she was perched on the edge of the roof, her body quickly changed shape, resuming her natural form of Eagle.
Shan was a Golden Eagle, and much larger than a normal one. Her plumage matched her hair color in her human form, as did her eyes. It was now clear why Shan had perched herself as she had, with her feet the way that they had been. It must have been uncomfortable for her to stand, in metahuman form, with one foot on top of the leather pouch. But now that she was in Eagle form, it was more than obvious that she had done that for simplicity: the pouch was already in her claws, and she would be able to simply launch and fly away.
Shan did just that, leaning slightly forward and leaping directly off the edge of the building, spreading her wings as she did so. A few hard flaps kept her level with the building as she moved out over the street, and then she was gaining height and speed, circling back over the building. She circled once, not far from the top of the building, likely looking around for something, before swooping in close over the top of the door. Likely she was near skimming the rooftop when she did that, who can tell why? And then she was off, heading toward the mountains.

OOC: It shouldn't take her long to make the round-trip. She does have the advantage of travelling "as the crow flies" so to speak... I would estimate 20 minutes, or so, round trip. The return being the bulk of that; armored clothing is far heavier than carrying nothing after all.
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 9:35 am

Ronin [Alleyway]

Ronin’s feet hit the ground and in a fraction of a second her sword was drawn and in hand.

{Commlink Logan} “Cover me”

She advanced to the end of the Alley and looked out to the street beyond.

{Commlink Mercy} “Priest, do you see anyplace from up there that we can search for supplies?”

{Commlink Shan} “…..Do you see… Nevermind you probably cant answer this right now anyway”
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 10:01 am

@Ronin "Understood"

"Simon" Mercy spoke to his COM, and it acknowledged him dryly "Yes master Mercy" "Bring up all advertisements still working in the vicinity in AR Copy GPS And send it too our friends on the ground...

"I shall endeavor to try Master Mercy, but most of the area the matrix once covered is now static, and im afraid with the failing infrastructure in Seattle, and possibly beyond. I can give no assurances that there will be much for them to benefit from..."

"Simon send what you can..." "As you wish Master Mercy..."
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 2:28 pm

Mercy waited for the data transfer to beep its completion... Then when it was finished He sent a message to Ronin.

@Ronin: Hope that helps ill keep my eyes open for more places to be looked into Mercy out...

Spurred on by how late he was Marcus could only hope he got there before the scavengers did... The truth was he was not willing to kill for it... Some how it never really satisfied him, but Just stopped him from feeding on those he saved... And that's all it did... For Mercy had feed on the blood of others, more then once, and knew well the power he could achieve. When first he learned of the thirst the hunger When first he learned that eating normal food was no longer an option. He thought of that time whilst floating along the night sky... His shame washed over him....

Little Marisa was all alone no one to watch over her in the city. She moved slowly down the ally she could hear the gun shots the Scavenge gangers had fired on her parents, she knew... She needed to move her mom had told her to run as she and Marisa's father tried to defend the brownstone...

Nearby Mecy herd the un-muffled shots!!! "Someone must be in need of Gods grace" He thought. He was weak having been in Seattle four months. feeding on rats and other vermin, from time to time did nothing to help. He was pale, and emotionally drained, as well as physically fatigued... "I must he..lp" he mumbled. He flew as fast as his Levitation spell would carry him, and alighted on a roof top above the ally, the young Marisa was making her way through...

The gangers ran out the back and front of the brownstone hooting and howling! Banging trash cans and screaming absurdities at the young girl!!! She was frightened and froze in place, like a fawn in head lights, but there were no lights...

Quickly they caught her in the Ally, and surrounded her she shook visibly... Mercy gathered himself there were at least 6 gangers three behind her three in front... "Zeal your time is now" he whispered"Yessss Masssster Mercy" it hissed back in glee happy to be of service... Or so it was programed to seem like... it was hard to tell sometimes...

He took out the Assult Rifle slung over his shoulder, but under his cloak "But... They're MetaHuman's" Faith cooed in, stating more then asking... Almost as a reminder to mercy that he was no longer a member of that classification... He brought the rifle Zeal to bare over the roof top, and took Aim at one of the Gangers. First Center mas then between the eyes, Just like Russia had shown him... "They are more monster then I am, trust me..." He'd been fighting the hordes of zombies in a guerrilla style of warfare For days with little progress, saving who he could, but this was enough... With all the dark problems Seattle was facing. People were turning on even the children now... But faith had a point He was not truly on a mission of mercy... He was on a mission of extermination, as far as the Vatican was concerned... It was a line he had crossed, and he was fine with that. But did he have the strength... He moved the cross hairs over to the arm the man was holding a bat in...

Thwap!

Zeal sounded through the Sound suppression system attached to it... The Scavenger dropped to the floor clutching his left hand, which was now missing, and the stump squirting "Oh god, god my hand!!!" the gangers looked to the girl then to their member who now was writhing on the ground in pain... "What happen, Whats with the hand dude, What the frag happen, oh god i think he's shot..." All this could be heard as they gathered round him, trying to figure out what to do!!! In the middle of the panic Mercy Jumped from the roof, descending over the the little girl and speaking to the gangers as he He swiftly lost his height advantage, he took aim at the only ganger with a gun. "Do not take the lords name in vain, he surely will not save you from Justice, his own Justice is upon you now...!" The Scavenger brought his own shot gun to bare well almost mercy Let loose Zeal's fury once more. Nicking the man in the shoulder his shot gun going wide and the trigger pulled off pain induced reflex! And firing on his friend next to his right...!

BANG!!! the shot echoed

The dead ganger taking a close range Mosberg shotgun slumped to the ground, and did not move, or grown... Mercy landed finally spinning around the Girl and covering her with his Cloak. Then engaged the cloaking polymers he was so found of... Then he swooped off with the girl!! He could smell them they were coming... They must have herd the ganger's noise, and screams, maybe the shots that killed Marisa's parents and the ganeger drew them there... What ever it was, shadows were emerging on either side of the ally. The zombies were coming......... No they were here, and the gangers were surrounded.......

Mercy dropped to a roof top some distance from all the commotion... "I will return for you" He put a hand on the childs face. She went to grab his hand to beg him to stay, but he withdrew it from her and flew off in the direction he'd come, towards the hoard and the Scavengers left behind... Things had changed Mercy was being overwhelmed by the hunger his essence and humanity rapidly depleting... Even touching the young girls cheek with a gloved hand he could feel the warm blood coursing through it, could even smell it...

He arrived the gangers were fighting for their lives he dropped to the ground in the middle of them, praying on the way down "Deo me Fortitudo..." (God give me strength) and he felt the mana run through him but the backlash was to much for him in his weakened condition He was fading he did not know how long he would be able to command his kness to hold him up. He fell to his knees amongst the gangers he was there to save... Near the one that lost his hand... He was moaning for his friends to help him. What he did not know was that they were trying to protect him from the flesh hungry monsters in frenzy about them... Mercy's vision was failing, but he could smell his chance... He could smell the power in the man's blood, and he found himself reaching for the man. Crawling the two or so meters necessary to reach the mortally wounded man. Who was in fact bleeding to death... He fought against the pain in his gut his organs, and veins on firek, tried to resist. Suddenly to him rats were not so bad... The tangy metallic Nector of life oozed out the dying man, the fear in the mans eyes he could see it... It excited him... He moved more towards the man. As if his body was acting out of survival or some kind remote control... His right hand came down on the mans chest! He grabbed his shirt and dragged him over to him... The man began to scream "help! guys help me! help me!" "Wholly crap man what you doing...!?!" One of the gangers grabbed the others attention and they began to beat on mercy's back as he engorged himself on the mans life fluids... Terror draped the man's face as it turned pale and blue... Then after a moment of beating on Mercy, the Zombies over took the gangers and moved on to attack Marcus who stood up having fully drained and finished off the Scavenger, screamed a blood curdling scream....!!! Everything around him as he looked about was crisp, clear... He felt strong capable of anything! He brought "Faith!" To bare,calling to the heavily modified firearm, and growled his Vampiric teeth showing in full view "Yes Master" the modified Sub-Machine gun not aware of the danger mercy was in chirpped up... "FLAMMAAAA!!!!"

He awoke from his reverie and he saw the construction site below he'd made it now it was time for a closer look...

Last edited by Ghostmaker on Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 3:43 pm

Mercy
You circle your drop point and see nothing suspicious. The only unusual thing is the presence of your contact. He is standing out in the open but near what appears to be a storage shack...presumably in case he should need to head for cover should the zombies show up.
Otherwise the scene looks still and quiet.

Shan
In your natural form the sight of the shamblers moving listlessly here and there, along with the stench of their decayed and unnatural flesh, fills you with disgust. You yearn for the way things used to be, even in their previously imperfect way, metahumanity was preferable to these loathsome creatures.
Your wings carry you high above the devastation and your sharp eyes soon pick out your 'eyrie.' You should reach it in short order.

Ronin
Your footfalls can only be heard by you and only then because you know the moves you are making. You also know, without looking back, that Logan is keeping a sharp eye out and covering your back.
As you peer out of the alleyway in both directions, you see nothing to your left but there is a zombie standing on the sidewalk about 5 meters on your right. The deader sways from side to side, almost as if unable to remain solidly upright, but is otherwise motionless.

Logan
"Logan, cover me."
Without question or hesitation Logan turned from his position still on the fire escape and readied the shotgun. Every few moments he cut a glance down the opposite direction from Ronin's vantage spot to make sure nothing was creeping up on the sammie-girl's flank.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 8:33 pm

Mercy Sent Mortimer a text message:

Do not react to my voice my friend chances are you are under surveillance I will help but first...

Message end:

Infiltration test to get near contact... 6dice = 2hits

Mercy landed on the create above Mortimer one knee bent and his head bowed... The paranoid street dock was not aware, or he got the message... Either way he spoke "God be with you.... Mortimer... If I may Why are you here? to be sure I am happy to thank you in person, for your aid, but you risk everything being out at night... You know that i will escort you to a safe place should you need it... Is all well my friend...?" Mercy was puzzled why would Mortimer be out in the open like this... The sprawl was overflowing with hoards of the dead and scavenge gangs and all manner of things that go bump in the night. He did not bother to disengage his cloak, but suddenly he longed to have Zeal By his side...

Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 11:10 am

Ronin checked the data that the Priest demon had sent her, there was an S-Mart (Shop Smart, Shop S-Mart) a few blocks North and East from their position. Ronin moved at a trot down the middle of the street (less places for the shamblers to hide) making her way to the store hoping that it hadn’t been completely looted at this point.

There were more than a few of the shamblers on the street as Ronin and Logan made their trip. Each one that they passed found death at Ronin’s Katana as she moved past them, not checking to confirm the kill, assuming the loss of the head was confirmation enough.

As she get closer to S-Mart Ronin slowed down to take things more cautiously. There it was like a beacon infront of them, S-Mart. The sign flickered in the darkness and the interior lights were off. Switching vision modes in her mask she could see some movement within the store itself. Assuming they were just shamblers she started to approach the building.

That is when she saw something else

Something Big

{Commlink to Logan} “Did you see that? What do you think?”

Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 1:17 pm

"Ah..." She thought to herself, luxuriating in returning to her "natural" form. She flapped her wings, gaining altitude and speed as she pulled away from the building top behind her.
"That feels gooooood...." The thought continued, though slowly. There was little need for fast thinking, generally, while flying. As an Eagle, she had few predators she needed to be concerned with in the air; though Dragons were becomming more common, they typically (like her) preferred ground animals to birds. Though if she were stupid enough to fly in to one's mouth, it wouldn't likely spit her out...
Shan's wings flapped slowly, powerfully, propelling her upward and forward. She caught the wind as she climbed up above the buildings, feeling it assisting in her ascent. Though the wind was not coming in the right direction to provide her speed on this leg of the trip - it would help on the way back.
As she flew along, she let her eyes wander. Eventually, her thoughts, and sight, drifted to the destroyed city-scape beneath her. Lately, it had been a hunting ground for her to go whenever she was in a bad mood, or needed to take some of her aggression out. Not long before, though, it had been a source for money for her to bring home to her kind. Even the little that she earned, spent as she did, often helped in preserving her homeland. If she purchased land, and more of her kind did the same, then other metahumans would be unable to do the same. This was how she and her kind kept other metahumans away - by paying them with their own money!
"Stupid metahumans..." She thought to herself, reflecting on the foolishness of the situation. She was sure that if the metahumans had been thoughtful enough, Shifters would have merely chosen to remain reclusive. But the metahumans had forced the shifters to react. And this was one of the ways that Shan, and the other Eagles she knew, had chosen to react. To work these "Shadowrunning" jobs, get paid big payments, and invest the money in her homeland.

As she considered the metahumans, her eyes returned to the destroyed cityscape beneath her. Shan let out a loud, piercing cry. Coming from an Eagle, at night, it probably sounded something like a child screaming in an empty alley way. Or perhaps it just sounded like an Eagle. But the thought that went behind it was one of anguish, anger, pain, and disgust. She was beyond displeased with the degradation of the world that she frequented; and further displeased in that she knew that this could have been prevented. There had been signs. - Someone must have known! She stated to herself, going through the same old argument inside her head. The wind beneath her feathers was carrying her higher and further from the rooftop on which she had started; but it was no less dissatisfying than the last time she had made this trip. Or the time before.
Her frusteration was likely as much the tragedy of the city, and loss of life, as the change in situation for her. She now had to work harder to find well paid jobs; while the metahumans were still encroaching her homeland from the other directions. A Metahuman would call this the effects of a standard recession. Shan only knew that she needed to keep working.

Finally she reached her cache, her eyrie, the highest point in the cityscape she had been able to find, where she had chosen to leave her metahuman "things" in a waterproof bag affixed carefully so as not to be lost. She always trusted that she would be able to return here, to retrieve her "stuff". And so far, she always had. This time, fortunately, was no different.
She landed, carefully perching herself where she would still have ample foot space when she shifted. She shifted, looking out over the cityscape with her similarly golden eyes, looking down upon the still-shuffling grotesque forms from high above them. In fact, she was well outside her range with a throwing weapon now too, and would need a rifle to hit from this height. A rifle which she didn't have, didn't need, and didn't want. It would have been unnecessary weight for her. It only took her a few more moments to shift through her things and grab the Form Fitting body armor, and the Long Coat which she used to shield herself from most of the Shambler's groping claws and fangs. That is, when she was anywhere near them. And it seemed as though she would need to be near them to assist her new acquaintences.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 3:33 pm

Mercy
Mortimer was so still he almost appeared to be a mannequin. Standing upright, arms bent at the elbows, he held a package clasped in both hands as if presenting a gift...or awaiting benediction. He did not, however, react or respond to you in any way. The package looked just like all the others he'd ever hooked you up with...with the obvious exception of his personally holding this one.

Shan
With your attention focused on the ruined city below, the screech that answers your own catches you by surprise. Turning your head in the direction of the sound you catch a quick glimpse of another bird silhouetted against the full moon, then it is gone. As a bird of prey, you instinctively recognize other predators, and this is one familiar to you - a hawk.
Eagles do not fear hawks, however, though it is very unusual for one to intrude so far into your territory.

Ronin
The glimpse you get of the figure is too quick to give much detail, but something about it seems familiar. Logan must have missed it because his only response to your question is to look around for whatever it was you saw.
You are about to suggest they go on to the S-Mart when it suddenly dawns on you what was familiar...glowing red eyes.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:20 pm

Shan called another piercing cry, shifting back to her Eagle form. She looked out over the city again, noting the relative lack of lighting, otherwise clearly missing from the nightscape of the city. It had been a long time since the city had been lit by the late-night happenings of the metahumanity scattered about in their normal night dealings. Back then, she had been one of them; often burning the night candle like the rest of them, hard at work earning the mighty nuyen. But hers, unlike most of theirs, had been serving an important purpose: protection of all of her kind. At least, to a degree - as much protection as "legal barriers" could be in the darkness of corporatocracies.
- Shoot! She thought to herself, realizing that she'd forgotten to organize the clothing in a neat pile, so it would be easy to pick up. - Oh well, no harm... She thought to herself, shifting back to metahuman form quickly to use her hands in arranging the clothing. Once done, she returned to her natural form, wrapping her powerful talons about the bundle and leaping out, and down, off the ledge created by the edge of the building. She allowed herself to free-fall for a moment before opening her wings and carrying the speed back toward the roof-top she had come from. - The flght should be short enough, now that the wind is at my back She thought to herself, tucking her feet up tight against her underside, trying to reduce the drag that the bundle she was carrying would cause as she flew on. The drag, and the noise. While there was almost no chance of her being heard by anything dangerous, it was just uncomfortable for her to be flying noisilly like this. She didn't like it.
-I'll be there soon enough... She told herself, feeling the predatory urge come over her again. She was really looking forward to some more killing tonight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Into Shadow IC
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next