Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeInto Shadow IC - Page 4 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Into Shadow IC

Go down 
+4
No_Name
Suspect
Hadenwolf
Jagger
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Into Shadow IC - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 7:22 am

It did not take long for the two to locate a likely structure; what appeared to have once been a boarding house. The building was three-storied and seemed solid enough, though it, like its neighbors, showed telltale signs of long-needed repair. The walls, though pitted and cracked in places, looked as if they'd go on standing for a good while yet.

From street-level, the filthy, and often broken windowpanes glinted with streaks of the last, feeble rays of the setting sun, making the building seem to wink at the two travelers, as if saying, 'Come on in, weary wanderers. Rest your tired bones. Leave all worries and take your ease. Nothing will concern you here. Stay as long as you like...stay always...stay forever...'
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:42 am

Logan regarded the darkling hostel with a feeling of recognition, as though somehow in sync with its foreboding facade. Still registering the tingly sensation of being watched by unseen eyes, he was sure those eyes did not peer at them from the structure before them. In fact, something - some...presence or force, seemed to pull at him from somewhere inside; tugging at a part of him that had lain dormant...until now.

"This is it," he said to Ronin, and, not waiting for consent or even comment, he started for the door of the building.
As if on cue, like a scripted scene from some horror trideo, the final vestiges of sunlight winked out the instant the man's hand made contact with the doorknob.
Unaware - indeed, unheeding had he noticed - Logan turned the knob. The door resisted, its hinges long since rusted solid by disuse, the door itself warped and out of true. Only temporarily thwarted, Logan heaved at the door, one shoulder set against the wood, and forced it slowly open. Sweat beaded on his brow and a savage growl, like some predator stalking prey that it can see but not reach, rumbled from deep within his chest, growing louder as the door's hinges squealed in tandem with the squall of the bottom edge scraping across the threshold.
Another animalistic howl of triumph erupted from Logan as he stepped into the building's foyer. He peered around with his thermographic vision and caught movement from several points in his immediate vicinity. Before he could react - what that reaction might have been was unclear at this point - he realized the movement was away from him. Then he heard the minute squeaking noises and knew he was seeing rats; a few rather large specimens from their heat signatures.

Over his shoulder he called to Ronin: "Looks like a few of the residents are still pretty lively. Hope you don't mind bunking with vermin."

The banter felt as lifeless as this world, though Logan hardly noticed. His attention was elsewhere. That tugging had grown stronger, more insistent, the moment he'd entered the building. He considered mentioning it to Ronin, but a greedy impulse - 'no, its mine!' - rose up so suddenly and urgently within him that it immediately quelled the notion. He would keep it to himself for now; wait until he had a better idea of what it was. Yeah, that would be best.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 12:01 am

It was sunset and Mercy was waking up as he did every night... This this particular night was different. This night there was company he had been taking out as many of the dead as he could, Moreover he needed to make it to his street doc contact for more of well what he needed most... He would last two days no problem with his supply but after that he would need to make it to Mortimer he street doc friend of the cause that understood he was more then five blocks away but that could take for ever... If he had to fight these intruders on the way there it would be a problem for him. He would miss his drop in a few hours. And he would not get what he needed from the wayward street doc. That was extremely paranoid no he had to make it there but there was plenty of time. to scout out the area he needed to know if he had anything to fear from these intruders in his temporary safe haven... They might be hunters on his trail for all he knew... He activated the ruthenium polymers in his cloak and the thermal dampening in his form fitting armor would hide him from view... his COM was off...

infiltration roll results = 2hits

He moved into the general area of stairs and then the bottom near the entrance, that lead to the area the small team was in. Forward without a sound, a ghost of, a shadow of what he once was supposed to be the young hunter moved to witness them... and listen... one appeared to be a female the other a male they looked formidable... And could be hunters, or they were just passing through as he was passing through... either way he needed to be sure...

"Sancti spiritus ostendere me inimici"(Holy spirit show me my enemies ) he whispered his hands clasped in prayer...

Detect Enemies spell my roll = 2hits

(sorry forgot drain)

Drain Dmg 3s

Test: results = 3hits

Last edited by Ghostmaker on Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 6:26 am

Ronin draws her bow and knocked an arrow as Logan forced his was into the building, sure that this would bring the enemy down on them. or worse: that they are walking into a trap.

The door is open, she steps inside and closes the door behind them looking for a way to bar it.

She silently looked about for more of the enemy, not seeing any, she shouldered her bow and drew her sword. she would not be caught unawares again

trying to detect the hidden man (5d6.hits(5)=2)
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 10:00 am

(assuming that announcement means im good)

Mercy was not sure what he was seeing one moment they were engulfed by the energy signifying danger from them but it would disappear right away. Almost as if what they were (friend or foe), Depended on perspective... If they were hunters their Auras would stay aflame with the energy of the holy spirit(Mana)... They also appeared to be somewhat worried about their situation... They appeared upon closer inspection to be in a hurry themselves... "Ok" he thought... "Let's observe a little more just to be sure..."

Under his cloak Mercy was already holding his super mack system(Justice) Just encase this all went bad... He was troubled though about this... Would pulling a gun from concealment show friendship to the potential allies... Or make them Judgmental of him and angry... "Unfortunately and regrettably I can not take the risk" when their backs where turned he would reveal himself but in a non-threatening manner. He waited for that moment when the women was not watching so intently. To make his move...

At the moment they were calming he would step out displaying his weapon but pointing down so as to show i could have but i did not... He had spoken so much Aramaic in the past few days during prayer... He started to formulate English words... "I'M sorry but were you wounded, Did they bite you... I need to know now! Were you wounded...!" the next words out his mouth were in an obscure Language. That Seemed Italian or Spanish or something extremely old... "Relaxamus vestimenti..." (Release cloak) disintegrating the invisible electronic that concealed him. Turning into His Kevlar looking black cloak. Shimmering into solid mass before there eyes... There was a red cross covering what looked like a Vatican seal with a special sign or insignia but it was covered by red slashes two lines. it could have been a compass more likely a crucifix or something it was on his back as well much bigger he pulled his hood back with his left hand and pointed the gun in the air so as to show he meant no harm... His face was that of a 19 year old boy very young very wet behind the ears and perhaps in over his head, but that's not the look he displayed... The face he had on was one of grave importance... "Please time is of the essence were any of you bitten or bled on...?" He did not bother using any manipulation magic they looked like they needed a break... And he needed to get going... but if he could help on his way out he would... this world had changed so quickly the gone much darker then it had been and he would need allies as would they... They all would need the mercy of the lord...

Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 3:24 pm

Still scanning with thermo, Logan completely missed the being on the stairs...until he (it?) spoke.

"I'M sorry but were you wounded, Did they bite you... I need to know now! Were you wounded...!"

Whirling around to face the stairs with a snarl, claws popping out of his fists, the cybered human was at first disoriented by the lack of any heat signature emanating from the point where the voice originated. Switching to low-light proved just as fruitless as there seemed to be no one there. Then, with a shimmering of the air before them, a darkly robed humanoid appeared, an SMG grasped in one hand, hooded and gazing at them gravely. One hand reached up to draw back the hood, revealing, to Logan's surprise, a kid. Still, though youthful in years, the young man surveyed them with the eyes of one far older in experience than someone of his tender years.

"Please time is of the essence were any of you bitten or bled on...?"

Eyeing the SMG, Logan was relieved when the barrel was raised toward the ceiling. Though grim in aspect, the kid seemed not intent on attacking them and had, in fact, asked about their condition, after a fashion. Would a potential enemy be concerned for their welfare?

"No," Logan responded gruffly, piqued to have been so completely caught unaware, especially by a kid. "We're clean."

Retracting his claws, he looked the kid up and down, taking in the scarlet symbols of his garb. Some kind of gang logo? Religious talisman? He didn't know, but it didn't matter right now. The important thing was that this guy knew something, by the questions he was so urgently asking, and what light he might shed on their situation.

"Tell me, what the frag is going on here, and why are you the first and only slot who hasn't tried to slab us on sight. Who are you?"
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 5:11 pm

"That depends on what you saw and who you talk too...? Tell me where did you come from that you do not know such things....? Iv been here for some time now and I can tell you its not getting any better..."

"I am a Combat Exorcist... Sent by the Vatican Well you could say I'm a cross between your special forces in the UCAS, and well a priest. If your not in any danger, I Must get five blocks away from here, and back within a few hours. I have little time to scout the area properly, and i desperately need that supply drop from a friend. You don't look like looters, so you are of course welcome to come along, and ill explain what i know of the infected and whats going on..."

He put his his smg under his cloak in an exaggerated yet agile manner like a predator sheathing its talon into its concealable holster/paw, and allowed the leathery looking cloak to settle "I came to Seattle to hunt and destroy abominations unto the Lord our god, I had no idea it was so bad" He said moving to the window and peeking out... "There are still people in the city that need to get out they need help... You apparently are some of them yes..." he said as he turned once more to face them "I will assist you, stay here... I will return for you when I have a way to get you someplace safe... Your on your own after that fair? Or you can come take your chances out there with the crazy man you just met... and some way cool intel... By the way im Well my Codename is Mercy..."

He was taking a chance and breaching protocol but he knew and believed that the lord did everything for a reason and he trusted that feeling...
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 5:56 pm

"Look chummer, I got no beef with your god, but I ain't no crusader," Logan remarked. "Way I figure, three pairs of eyes are better than two. Still, if its all the same to you, I'd rather be stalking those creeps out there than hiding my head in the sand. As for where we come from...that's a tale for another day."

As he spoke, Logan drew his auto-shotgun from the sheath-style holster that held the weapon strapped securely to his back. Ejecting the empty magazine, he slammed in a fresh one and stowed the empty in one of his form-fitting body armor's smart pouches. He performed this task with quick, precise movements, displaying his skill and familiarity with that particular type of firearm.

Locked and loaded, he reholstered the Mossberg and continued speaking.

"So tell me...Mercy is it? If you've been running up against those 'deaders' for a while now, where's your ammo dump? Cuz I gotta tell ya, what we're carrying won't last long, and I for one don't relish the idea of getting up close and personal with infected, if you get my drift."
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 8:21 am

Ronin is still looking about the room when something makes a noise on the steps, reflexes enhanced by the latest technology move before thought, training (Programming) takes over.

Sensual curves move like a dancer
Spinning
Tanto appears in the delicate hand
Graceful motion lets the blade flies
Target missed
Found the wall behind but near the target.

The Samurai stands in defensive position, blade before her, cursing herself for being surprised once again. Frag! These demons could be quiet. She is now in control of her body again, able to think and assess the situation.

Another Demon? This one speaks. Different demon? Who, what is it? She doesn’t trust it.

{Broken English} “Demons prefer the night, we would be safer here till morning. Unless you are a demon as well, then go.” She steps to the side allowing a clear path towards the door. She still held her sword before her at ready, if she chose to use that gun on her he would be able to get a few rounds off, probably wound her, but she would be on him in a heartbeat, and she would kill him. But she hoped it didn’t come to that.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 12:23 pm

Mercy removed two extended clips of ex-explosive rounds from his combat load vest and held them out, one to each of the strangers “Tis all I can spare for now. I shall need these cartridges back as well… IF you can manage it… And since we are keeping things to ourselves… Where I Rest and reload shall also remain a mystery, as I know not either of you… But you should also have a place to hide… I know of a few safe places we can make our way too then we can get you some supplies… Is this satisfactory? I prey you try and not alert to many infected of our presence… The sounds of battle draw more predatory abominations, and there are things in the city far worse then looters by now you well know…”

He pulled and checked both clips in his heavily modified SMG it was quite the spectacle. First the left clip, and slammed it back in then the right also slamming that back in… Replacing it once more in its quick draw holster… He spoke a name into the COM on his wrist which up until that point had been deactivated saying “Simon!” There was an answer as the COM sprang to life… “How may I be of assistance Master Mercy…?” It said back in a dry pre-programmed butler like response. "Simon bring up all the information we have that's not classified, on Seattle’s present condition(OOC wont be much lol Razz ). Cross-reference that with the specific news feeds leading to this current state please. Send it to these Sinners…" With that the COM chirpped and beeped in response. The other COMs beeped in response after a while...

He Turned finally To regard the blade in the wall near the stairs. It had been close too close, but he was comfortable with that… Hell Russia never missed and he’d trained Marcus so as Mercy he thought nothing of it… Not to mention she had no way of knowing that… “Maybe I should seem worried” he thought “No she looks like the type to take advantage of such a situation…” After regarding the spooky new wall ornament, he turned his attention to her Wakazashi leveled defensively his way. He was familiar with the short blade of Japans ancient warrior class… He’d studied Blades with Russia. And this one almost looked like it could be real, but he doubted that. In the year they were in, one could not, would not still be around. He’d heard stories of magic smiths in Japan, but he’d never been to or seen one… So he took it with a grain of salt. Trusting his own mono blade…Then she spoke accusing him of being in league with demons... He slowly locked up eyes with her matching gazes to the T. The smirk gone from his face, and gravely answered HER before the man… "I am no demon Madam, I hunt them… I destroy them… And I send them back once they came… If you do not need my help take the intel Iv Given you… Use it to your advantage, and God be with thee…” He traced a cross in the air above the head of both of them…

With that he made his way for the back of the building apparently loosing his cool and patients… Perhaps a nerve was struck perhaps he realized he owed them nothing. One thing he knew. If they followed he hoped they would be quiet… Time was running short and he had to make it to the construction site five city blocks down… As he moved out of site he calmly exclaimed “Unde tibi Dominus eos mihi eos mittis …?” (or Where do you get them lord, and why do you send them to me)
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 2:20 pm

The Demo… Mercy uttered the name of god and performed a blessing. Ronin did not know a lot about these demons but she did know they would not bless anyone in the name of the Christian god. Demons were tricky though, they would wear the skin of priest but they wouldn’t give blessings.

Ronin had been angry that he had snuck on her, perhaps she was a bit harsh to the one thing…person they have met who wasn’t trying to eat her face off. Maybe there was something to this man.

Signaling to Logan she started up the stairs after the Demo…Mercy, stopping briefly to remove her blade where it had buried itself in the wall.

She doesn’t try to hide her presence, such actions are without honor, but she doesn’t announce it either. She carries the clip the man had given with distain, as if holding a clip would bring her dishonor even without a weapon to use it with.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 7:47 am

Logan caught the SMG clip with one hand and, grimacing at his shotgun, shook his head in silent negation and stowed the clip away. When choirboy needed it again, he'd hand it over. It would do Logan absolutely no good. Despite the fact that he used primarily slug rounds rather than shot rounds, ammo designed for a submachine gun would never work in a shotgun.

The presence or force or whatever it was still tugged at him. The appearance of Mercy had at first seemed the cause of the pull, but it had not ended then. Nor had it grown stronger - nor weaker for that matter - in close proximity to their new teammate. Therefore, there must still be someone, or -thing, somewhere in the building. Or beneath it?

Ronin had followed Mercy upstairs - after, that is, retrieveing her sword from where her unexpected slash had embedded it, leaving Logan alone, at least for the moment. He decided to not let the opportunity pass.

Using the constant pull as a guide, he quickly and quietly moved deeper into the boarding house's interior.
Most of the rooms he passed were too bare or too damaged to need more than a quick scan to tell him they held nothing of interest. These he gave only the briefest of glances before moving on. He knew what he was seeking...a way down.

Finally he found it. In what appeared to have once been a storage room for spare bedclothes and bathroom supplies he found a door that gave on to another stairway; this one leading down into deeper darkness, the walls and ceiling festooned with wispy gray-white cobwebs.

The pull intensified tenfold the instant the door was opened. He started to glance back the way he had come, momentarily realizing he was cut off from the others, but the insistent tug jerked his head back around to face the portal.

'There,' the words, originating not within his own mind, seemed to caress his thoughts like a seducer...or perhaps more like something very, Very hungry, 'there you are...'
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 6:31 pm

Marcus moved with the grace of a Dark Angel through the hallways. The lights flickering made his movements surreal. One moment he would be running on the left of the hallway, a flash later he was on the right, still moving. If someone were to watch as ronin could haven been watching. It would appear that he seised to exist in one spot, and just began existing in another. There was no shimmering or fading as his outfit did allow for, and often did… The Combat Exorcist was a blur of motion in the light spinning at doorways both to check and dodge anything that might be lurking. He reached the end of the hall way in no time at all and motioned for Ronin to follow… With his hands he gestured to speak he was near the rear door and he did not want to alert anything that might or might not be on the other side…

if she follows He asks "We are leaving now should you choose to stay i will return, but if you want to come along you should get your friend to go with you. You know watch your backside and so forth… Or do you think he will catch up…?" (OOC:Then we can wait or go get him which ever)

If she comes along Or i go alone (hope not): The Door creaked in protest, as Marcus pulled it ever so gently open. So as not to alert anyone in the ally behind the building. He only cracked it enough so that he could get a pressure draft and the scent of the immediate area His nose was accustom to the scent of un-life dead rotting flesh gave off a particular scent that was quite off putting… The nose knows, as it were… It was apparent to his Vampire sense that nothing was back there, and so he fully swung the door open and took out his mono blade. whipping it once for effect in a Hyperbolic motion… He turned his head Nodded at Ronin holding one finger to hid lips "Shhhhhhhhh" and darted out the door into the shadows He blended even without the help of the ruthenium polymers…quickly he moved down the ally not even looking to see if anyone was behind him two hours till drop he had to be there first Mortimer was almost never around that he new of but if he was there before the drop he would have a chance to say thank you… And that meant everything…

At the edge of the back of the last Building was a small slanted shadow Mercy made this his home… Kneeling on one knee in the shadow he threw up his right fist his blade in his left some how and under his cloak. The fist signified a halt for anyone that may or may not be following. After all he did not want anyone to cross the street yet. As there were five zombies near and around in various placements of this avenue… 1.walking into the wall near where he had to go the ally across the street. Between him and that goal was also an abandon car accident scene. the middle car's front grill had been pushed up, and over the another car a police car's rear. Creating a tent of empty space or small shadowy shelter beneath. This was because apparently someone's 4x4 had rear ended the mounting car, and the SUV was still there holding it from rolling back… Across left from that zombies 2., 3. feasted on what looked to be some unfortunate child' s parent still holding his child's teddybear… he had bought time so that his family could escape. Of course Mercy had no way of knowing that… This grouse scene was not topped by the zombies 4., 5. slugging down the street. They were the biggest problem if they spotted him on his way to get under the cars, and they would. They would alert others of his presence… He could not just leave the other two, (if they were following him) and Levitate over all of the carnage. He could of course take One maybe, but not both… He closed his eyes clasped his hand and mentally asked for guidance…

Almost instantly the answer came to him. He waved his hand in a low left to right behind him. telling the others to "fanout" then he held up five fingers palm out towards them saying "wait" then folding four fingers and pointed his thumb at himself "for me" (fan out and wait for my signal basically) Then he whispered the words that would activate his cloak and pulled the hood over his head And he over for the Dark car shelter in the middle of the street. he wanted to clear the ally way that meant taking down the one near the entrance walking into the wall then he would gingerly dance his way to the ones that were on there way to his first position the ally he came from then the ones feasting… "Good Plan!" He thought… And he moved for the dark shelter and target one…

(I guess you could tell me what to roll for this stuff or we could take it slow till i slip up or we can roll initiative all up to you dude, GM, Jagger Smile )

Last edited by Ghostmaker on Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Number of posts : 612
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Night Fist
Race: Ork
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 12:46 pm

Shinobi was driving in his Sedan when he spotted some zombies up ahead. Drek more of these walking corpses. These things never have intel and always want to fest on your flesh. Shinobi was going to drive by not letting the zombies get a hold of him until he saw the feast of the zombies. An Adult holding a stuffed bear. Well he might de done for but he could still have supplies on him and in this world supplies are the life blood that keeps us going. Knowing full well that this would attract the zombies to him Shinobi drives his car so he had a clear sight of the feast. Time to start dropping zombies. With the cover of his car to aid in his defense and a line of site to let his spells be his offense Shinobi starts to let spells fly. I'll drop them with stun bolts then finish them off with the blade after.

Target Zombies feasting on Adult.
Spell: Stun Bolt
Force: 5 (Over cast)
Drain: 1P
Resist: Will (6) + Logic (9)
Cast: Spellcasting (4)+ Magic (3)

Cast 3 hits

Drain: 9 hits
No drain YA
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 7:08 pm

Where the day had seen only the occasional undead revenant, the night was alive with their shambling, aimless wanderings...aimless, that was, until some hapless victim crossed their path. Such was the case of the unfortunate daddy whose child would never see the teddy bear so lovingly bought for her. The undead care not for such niceties.

The biggest point in favor for the newly met, if somewhat reluctant, team was that these 'scum' zombies possessed just barely more intelligence than, say, a rock. And even rocks were sometimes kept as pets, after all. Unless caught in direct line of sight, or being loud enough to - ahem - wake the dead...avoiding the majority of the scums was not a difficult task.

Case in point, a car materialized out of the night and ran down a couple of the scums, attracting the attention of all those along the vehicle's path. Murmured groans and unintelligible words rose to angry shouts and the noise was quickly picked up by others. Soon the streets surrounding the boarding house became a cacophony of vehement cries as more scums emerged, almost as if by magic, from alleyways and ruined buildings.

Logan stepped into the web-strewn darkness and the door, without having been touched, swung shut behind him. The pull here was almost physically palpable, almost maddening in its urgent insistence. The air drifting up from the stairwell was hot and humid, like as from some hot spring or artesian well, though the night outside was fairly cool and dry. Logan, wearing a grin that looked to be stretching the man's lips beyond the point of tissue damage much less the threshold of pain endurance, started down the steps with a jerky, uncoordinated gait, like a puppet being controlled by someone unfamiliar with the metahuman body. Despite this, however, he does not trip or falter, his progress down slow but steady. Within moments he was consumed in total blackness.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 8:50 am

Stealth roll one 5 hits wow!

Mercy rolled out from under the car shelter in the middle of the road. Quietly he stood up behind the zombie, rising up like an invisible angel of death ready to wreak havoc and strife on the wicked. Quietly Oh So Gently, he strode quickly to his enemy and got right next to him; the dumb creature somehow not even knowing, perhaps its brain reset when ever its face smashed the wall. "Who knows" he thought...

Surprise attack roll on Zombie 1

test results 4 hits lol this is my day!!!!

He slid the blade through the area of the neck that connected the zombies head and neck up the brain stem, hopefully killing it... whiped and wiped his blade and put it back under his cloak this was a smooth and practiced action and his blade was hidden and sheathed upside down for quick access and concealability. Thus it was quite efficient... in an instant his cloak was still once more. He'd not dropped the shroud so it was hard to tell exactly what had transpired, but the zombie was no more. Once again as the ruthenium polymers and the form-fit body armor held back heat and bent light... He turned to acquire new targets. Hostiles 3. and 4....

Stealth roll two 5 hits

He took a steady quiet path, giving the zombies no notice of him and a wide berth, as he maneuvered himself quite invisibly around to their back side... He let them trail before him as they limped toward the meal the other two zombies were having down the way "A little further he thought" brandishing his SMG, taking his time, taking aim (OOC two rounds ). He got beads on both of them a green dot on the back of the first ones head, both zombies unaware as to what was about to happen... and the last two enjoying there meal...

Semi Auto shot test one on zombie 1 2 hits

Semi Auto shot test two on zombie 2 1 hit

After taking his time aiming for the back of the creatures skull and he took his time. Mercy pulled the trigger without warning or aim he did it again this time at the second zombie walking along side the last one... both shots semiauto both shots timed and both dead on target...

((GM: all three zombies drop like sacks of rotted potatoes. these 1st-level zombies have next to no 'life force' left and they can't stand up to much damage.))

As Mercy uttered a Latin word that switched his SMG From Semi Auto fire to High Volocity He was about to utter the command word that would finish off the last two when head lights appeared in the street behind the once feeding zombies now comming for him "Domine Alleva suscita mihi ...!"

Levitation prayer force 3

Magic 4 sorcery (G) 3 = 7dice

Results = 3hits

Drain test Results 2 hits

(Ooc no drain i think someone please check that levitate force 3)

Mercy Jumped up as the car smashed through the zombies, but he was sure he saw something else hit them a moment before that... When he reached the Apex of his Jump his prayer was answered, and he levitated up and over the car passing Harmlessly under him... All that could be seen was a dark caped and hooded figure flying strait up in front of the car into the air... He surveyed the situation it was getting worse He could hear them, they were coming, becuase of all the noise, they were coming becuase of the probability that they would fine fresh meat... They... were... coming.....

Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 10:01 am

Ronin followed the demon/priest/not-demon/person/Mercy through the halls. Watching him/it flit from shadow to shadow did nothing to alleviate her doubts about the creature’s humanity. Regardless of it’s humanity it was without honor, preferring stealth and secrecy, and probably spoke with a forked tongue despite invoking the name of the holy.

As they stopped at the door it turned to speak to her, she tossed him the clip he had given her. {Broken English} “I do not use a dishonorable weapon, but thank you. You will need this more than I. I will stay here, I do not feel right about leaving my companion nor do I wish to travel this city in the dark, I need time to think, time to be alone. I have had a very trying day today. If you return then we will talk tomorrow after the sun has burned away the darkness.”

{Japanese} “Good luck”

As Mercy stops and sniffs the air Ronin once again has doubts about the creature’s humanity, she won’t follow him, it could be a trap. After the door closes behind Mercy she makes sure that it is secure, muttering a prayer to her ancestors: {Japanese} “Watch over that... Person. If he is a man protect him, if he is beast then may his life meet its end.” It was in the hands of fate now.

Double checking the door the Samurai retraced her steps though the hallways. Again, she makes no effort to hide her movements but she doesn’t announce her presence either. The tight confines of the hallway make her draw the Wakizashi from her obi.

Returning to the Foyer where she and Logan originally met the man she looked around and found no one. Strangely she found the concept oddly comforting, she was Ronin after all, a Samurai without a clan, without a master. A wandering warrior.

Blade in hand She set out to explore the building, checking exits and making sure they were secure. The secured the door the lead to the basement, surely the enemy was down there, to many windows to check, best to just seal it off. She checked the windows on the ground of first floor, the ballistic glass was still intact in most places, any rooms with gaps were closed and secured.

Feeling better protected Ronin made her way up the stairs, up to the top floor, up to the roof. She listened at the access hatch before opening it, finding the roof deserted. The howls of the demons could be heard though the dead city. The air was crisp and clear up here, the breeze cool and gentle against her face.

Walking around the roof and enjoying the air she came to a long shaft mounted to the roof, a lightning rod or a communication antenna. Drifting on the breeze, just barely heard was some music, a song. Some survivors celebrating the survival of another day. Something tugged in Ronin’s mind, something she should remember but doesn’t.

Putting down her weapons Ronin gripped the pole and started dancing to the song on the breeze. Her body moves slowly, sensually, to the music, her hips swaying back and forth as she slid herself along the pole. Armor plates slowly came off, The form fitting suit below left little to the imagination, the soft curves and toned body of a dancer moved with the music, sliding around the pole. The Sensual dance even make sliding out of the Form fitting suit a graceful process, the smooth back was revealed, skin so soft and smooth it couldn’t be natural, followed by a shoulder. The shapely legs followed suit, and finally the rest. Graceful arms held the suit to her body covering herself as she moved, the song was nearing its end, the last covering fell from her revealing once again her fabulous body, perfect skin and graceful curves moved and swayed to the music. One of the best bodies that money could buy moved and performed for a dead city. The song ended and so did the dance.

Ronin stood naked on the roof, enjoying the breeze against her body for a few moments longer before retrieving her weapons and armor, the dancer once again hidden by the warrior.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 12:55 pm

Down and down, into the humid, somehow hungry darkness, Logan descended, the stair's integrity growing more and more unstable the deeper he went. Creaks quickly manifested into groans accompanied by shudders and then alarming sways as the rickety stairwell protested Logan's presence.
The humidity increased as he climbed also, until the simple act of breathing took on a labored quality. The layers of cobwebs, where they should have been getting thicker, first became periodically hanging, ectoplasmic-like strands and then disappeared altogether.
A thin, unpleasant odor escalated to an almost overpowering stench and Logan grimaced, his nose wrinkling in revulsion. The smell was of rotted, festering things, and it made his eyes water and his nose run as his senses went into total revolt against the offensive intrusion.

Logan had been about to consider retreat when the stairs above him gave a loud 'crack' and the section where he stood lurched downward. Before he could leap up and attempt to grab a higher riser, the 'crack' was followed by a grinding, wrenching tearing sound and he was suddenly falling. Tumbling amid broken pieces of wood, he dropped through the blackness to wards an indeterminate depth. Logan landed on piles of wood and plascrete, more of the debris came crashing atop him...

...then there was nothing.
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 11:19 am

Ronin was back in her armor, feeling more like herself for the time being. She took one last breath of fresh air and return to the interior of the building, making sure the door closed securely behind her. She didn’t like being outside at night. Roofs were ok but still being outside without the sun being out made her uncomfortable, that’s when the demons were out en mass.

The samurai returned to the foyer. She Wished that Logan hadn’t vanished, he was the only person she knew, the only person she trusted in this crazy world. Drawing her blade she carved on the wall:

“L
In room 513
R”

She hoped the demons couldn’t read.

Returning to room 513 she secured the door and ceremoniously removed most of her armor, cleaning it and laying it out on the floor. Next she cleaned her weapons before eating a protein bar and laying on the floor to sleep. It had been a long day and she was exhausted.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 6:57 pm

Mercy only had minutes before the zombies, and what ever else heard him, and the car was covering the streets... He decided to go air born through the night but first the short one needed shotgun ammo... He levitated down towards the police, car pulled the lever on the door opening it... He grabbed the shot gun and any ammo(if any) then as they closed on his position up he went...! taking the ally direction to bring it back to the short one he still had time it just meant that he would not get the chance to see the paranoid street doc... which was something he could live with...

(Sorry so short need sleep been waiting all night to borrow a friends pc im typing something up on word for maybe the weekend tomorrow is my birthday so yeah ill try to post ill try i dont really have plans but i still hasvbe no pc)
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 8:10 pm

Don't sweat it, Ghostmaker, post when you can.

And Happy Birthday!!
cheers
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 7:03 pm

St Nougat
Ronin's slumber was fitful at best. Dreams all too swiftly transformed into nightmares as time after time people she knew turned into slavering demons. Even those she'd known in her 'real life' morphed into wicked creatures bent on converting her and claiming her as one of their own.

Startling awake, her nightmare demons chasing her up out of sleep, she laid panting for a moment, focusing her formidable will on slowing her heart rate and respiration, Ronin suddenly saw someone - or something - move past the window in the wall across from the spot where she chose to lay.

Last edited by Jagger on Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 7:25 pm

Ghostmaker
As Mercy rose up to avoid being run down by the unknown benefactor's vehicle, he caught a glimpse of movement from the corner of his eye. But when he looked for the cause of the movement, he found nothing. The glimpse came from far enough away to have originated behind one of the upper floor windows of the building across the street.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 9:34 am

Mercy flew across towards the movement his stealth suit making him feel as though he could peruse unhindered by prying eyes that could be about… "interesting" he thought. "What would that women think if she new not only did i turn mostly invisible but i could virtually fly. probably turn me in id wager… oh well moving on" Mercy halted his flight a few yards away from where the movement may or may not have accord… and let the air be his guide he sniffed at it trying t catch the sent of someone near by he listened trying to discern where that person or persons might be… having found nothing he simply shrugged it off Must of imagined it…

He flew over the ally under the night sky trying to get to the building he'd left the short smelly one and the women samurai. flying around the building careful to keep his distance and surveying the ground situation… forming a perimeter the building about say twenty meters out
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 2:32 am

Shan winged across the broken cityscape formerly known as Seattle, looking down at what once was a well-cultivated garden, yielding untold years of fruit for her. Her vision being what it was, Shan could easily spot even the smallest of creatures from the hundreds of feet above the ground that she was now, and she mentally shook her head. This place used to be the home of countless perfectly good hunting grounds for her - places to find and bring home good quality meat: rats, mice, even groundhogs. And most of them were overly fatted, making them a particular treat. - Now, though... She thought to herself, circling one particularly broken building, looking down on the crumbling facade of bricks and mortar, and wondering if the insides of the building was now a hiding place for her former treats. Or if the new predators in town were in there. - Now there's nothing for me here... She finished the thought as she spied a particularly comfortable looking perch on the corner of a tall wall. Likely there used to be a building connected to that wall, but now it was free standing, with a comfortable view in several directions.
Shan alighted on the corner of the building, settling down for the soon to be arriving sunset. She liked sunsets. - Why do I keep coming here? She asked herself, looking down at the broken streets, littered with metahuman garbage. Some of it formerly living. Taking a moment to transform, Shan settled her hand on the rifle case she always carried with her to the city. Shan had little need for the rifle in the mountains; her kind was rarely threatened by anything, as they were quite able to simply fly away from most threats. But here in the city... She stroked the case absently. - We've been through a lot, haven't we? She thought to herself, staring down between her feet at the street. Her hand came to rest on the small portion of the case where she inserted her commlink for safe-keeping while she flew.
"I suppose I should make a phone call... She said out loud. She needed to hear the sound of her own voice, just to make certain that it was coming out as expected. She lifted the 'link, dialing her one maintained contact: Jimmy. Her fixer.
"You called?" She said, as soon as he picked up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow IC   Into Shadow IC - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Into Shadow IC
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next