Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeInto Shadow OOC SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Into Shadow OOC

Go down 
+4
Hadenwolf
Suspect
No_Name
Jagger
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Into Shadow OOC Empty
PostSubject: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 3:46 pm

You know what to do here.

...and please, wash your hands when you're done, meh?

Last edited by Jagger on Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

Into Shadow OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 5:11 pm

Into Shadow OOC Tokyo_gore_police_05Into Shadow OOC Tokyo-gore-police-ruka-enters-the-fray

Ronin
Race: Human
Age: 22 Gender: Female Height: 1.6 m (5’2”) Weight: 43 kg (95 lb)
Total Karma: 0
Current Karma: 0
Street Cred: 0
Total Notoriety: 0

Street Samurai who is more Sammy than Street

A Samurai in the traditional sense, Ronin wears Milspec power armor fashioned to a modern rendition of tradional samurai armor complete with demon faced helm. She wields her katana with the authority of a master, and fires arrows with a zen mind. She speaks of honor and Bushido. Her only companion is a two tailed fox named Kitsune who rides on her shoulder and keeps her spirits up in the dead city.

Under the armor there is a young woman, gentle curves and smooth skin. A woman of unnatural beauty and enhanced desires. A woman who speaks of Nippon as home but only has a Japan that hasn't existed for over 1,000 years.

Last edited by St_Nougat on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Suspect
Runner
Runner

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2011-01-07

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Into Shadow OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 5:28 pm

Logan
Human Merc
"Point and click? Nah, frag that, I point and shoot, much more efficient..."
Back to top Go down
Hadenwolf

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Into Shadow OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 11:06 pm

I'll be in London for the next ten days, probably without internet, I'll try to get a connection, but I don't think it'll work out.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Into Shadow OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 8:16 am

No problem, Hadenwolf, we'll work around your absence
Thanks for the heads up
Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2011-03-07

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Into Shadow OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 2:28 pm

Is this thign going or were gonna way ten days on Haden?
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Into Shadow OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 2:34 pm

Not waiting on Hadenwolf. Just been busy. Will get a GM post up soon.
Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Into Shadow OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 5:41 pm

Errr...what the hell just happend?The Jonhson was a hologram...turned into a Minautor..and asked us to folow him? or..didint not understand that at all?
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Into Shadow OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 5:50 pm

Ok, here's a quick summary:
You were participating in a VR game of Shadowrun. The Johnson, and only the Johnson, was somehow 'commandeered' by a minotaur who has informed you that if you want to live you must go with him.

Remember: your meat body is floating in a sensory deprivation tank. The game is a program that your senses are experiencing as reality.

Got it?
Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Into Shadow OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 5:52 pm

Jagger wrote:
Ok, here's a quick summary:
You were participating in a VR game of Shadowrun. The Johnson, and only the Johnson, was somehow 'commandeered' by a minotaur who has informed you that if you want to live you must go with him.

Remember: your meat body is floating in a sensory deprivation tank. The game is a program that your senses are experiencing as reality.

Got it?

yeah okay i forgot we were all Assasins creeds ish
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Into Shadow OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 5:57 pm

Heard of the name, never played the game.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Into Shadow OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 11:28 am

I'm just waiting for reactions from our other two players.
Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Into Shadow OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 6:14 am

Jagger you might wanna PM Raiu for him to post...for some reason i dont think he is getting the automatic post update at least he didnt in my game
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

Into Shadow OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 1:26 pm

Jag,
Is there a guy with a big chin and a chainsaw for a hand wearing a blue shirt getting sucked into the vortex (army of darkness/evil dead 2 reference if you dont get it)
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Into Shadow OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 2:17 pm

Noug
I saw Army of Darkness many years ago, but only once. I'm not familiar enough with that vid to draw from it. I will, however, admit to 'borrowing' from other vids/books/comics/etc when I create my game scenarios. So, you ask, would a good trivia knowledge of such media help in foreseeing events in my game? "Only The Shadow knows..."
Razz
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

Into Shadow OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 2:58 pm

I always grab ideas from all over the place for my games. When i was running a table top dnd game with a high frequency you could almost always tell what book i was reading from what happened in game
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Into Shadow OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 3:08 pm

I try not to make it too obvious, but anyone with similar tastes would most likely be able to make good guesses as to my inspirations.
But its all about having fun, meh?
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Into Shadow OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 5:40 am

@Suspect
Nice post! Thanks for 'taking the plunge'!

@All
Here's a little intel to give you guys an idea of what's going on:

This first part of the game is mostly a prologue of sorts. I'm setting up the background for how and why you all got to where the vortex takes you. Once through, you'll all resume your character roles and, probably, but not absolutely, remain in character throughout the rest of the game.
So, this prologue scenario is for RP purposes...so go nuts with it!

There will also be some in-game account of how you got your skills/qualities/gear, so don't worry about going into that yourselves. Most, if not all, of you will recognize the scenario, but I hope you'll all get a kick out of it.

'Nuff said - Game On!
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

Into Shadow OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 6:08 am

Sorry Jag, Reacting like I would if i faces a freaking strange situation like that. And seriously I think that it wasn't for my wife I would jump through a vortex like that.

You're gonna have to knock me out and/or have the vortex suck me in.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Into Shadow OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 6:14 am

Can do, Nougat
Very Happy

Anyone else share Nougat's reservations?
Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Into Shadow OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 7:41 am

.....Did i just jump in a game wich Me is pretending is playing shadowrun who is pretenting to be me pretending to play shadowrun?...Some kind of weird Tron/Matrix/The Game Master/Any movie plot that has you transported into a virtual world...and ..ugh...ill go along with it for now but i cant say im too enthusiastic about it
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Into Shadow OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 7:59 am

Well you're certainly entitled to your own opinion, and, if this game doesn't 'float your boat,' please don't feel obligated to participate. I don't say this to offend or in any offense to your statement. I am fully aware of the fact that I can't please everyone's personal tastes in shadowruns.

I do, however, feel it only fair to state that those who are looking for the same old same old shadowrun format (ie, a) a commlink message about a meet, b) going to the meet, c) negotiating for more money, d) sitting around for hours/days 'planning' the job, and then as I have seen time and time again on this site e) the run dies; you will be disappointed.
I don't follow the A-B-Cs of gaming, I'm more of a Scrabble player.

That said, I do attempt to incorporate the basic elements of the game (ie, Johnsons, fixers, megacorps, etc) into the game, except with a twist that, I think, adds some variety and avoids the predictable standard that seems to be getting overused and tiresome, judging from the frequency of runs dying prematurely.
This game may very well die also, I am aware of that. I am a novice gamemaster, at least with Shadowrun. So, you guys can choose to play the game, have fun, and either forgive my bloops or offer advice -or- you can choose to berate my every mistake and discrepancy...that is completely up to each of you.

I, personally, prefer having fun with it!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Into Shadow OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 8:02 am

I just find the background i wrote for my character completely useles since im not playing my character but me playing my character...bringing some RL into it? I mean you can get out of the "You all meet at the Inn/Tavern/Bar" format without bringing RL into it

I mean am I still suppose to rp my character..or myself..cause if im aware of myself...that makes playing a character..well kinda like if i was playing a MMO
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Into Shadow OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 8:25 am

Wow, is this really that serious an issue?
Ok, I'll take care of crossing the twenty feet of distance it would take for you to get to the vortex, which once done would put you back into character.
Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Into Shadow OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 8:28 am

Jagger wrote:
Wow, is this really that serious an issue?
Ok, I'll take care of crossing the twenty feet of distance it would take for you to get to the vortex, which once done would put you back into character.

I was just wondering is my character aware that he is in a game rping when in id "online" or.....its all in character...cause i wont see the point of rping as my character if im myself and there some "Cross Virtual issues of mass destructions " like in Tron...il be myself in my characters body or...i dunno explain please Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Into Shadow OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC Empty

Back to top Go down

Into Shadow OOC
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next