Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeInto Shadow OOC - Page 3 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Into Shadow OOC

Go down 
+4
Hadenwolf
Suspect
No_Name
Jagger
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Into Shadow OOC - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 5:08 am

If its not your kind of game, Sly, then no hard feelings if you feel you have to leave. I did say in my Want Ads post that the game would be mostly a run-and-gun kind of game. I didn't think the opponents would make much difference. This is actually my second attempt at GMing, but I also mentioned in earlier posts that I don't do the same-old-same shadowrun.

Anyway, it won't be an issue if you don't want to continue. Thanks for giving it a try.
Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2011-03-07

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 6:46 am

Jagger wrote:
I did say in my Want Ads post that the game would be mostly a run-and-gun kind of game. but I also mentioned in earlier posts that I don't do the same-old-same shadowrun.

Neiher of those can clue me in any ways that we were gonna play some zombie apocalyspe game...Cause if anyone did know about that we wouldnt of wasted BP on contacts that would prolly not exist due to the unique settings..or just be dead

I seriously "hate" doing this but im gonna have to drop from this game
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 6:12 pm

Sorry for the delay. 'Real' life has reared its ugly head and taken a bite outta my hoop!
The game is still active, though, and I will get a post up asap.

Thanks for your patience!
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 4:18 pm

Won't be much longer and there'll be plenty of combat to go around. And don't worry, Noug, Ronin will get better weapons than a makeshift cable-whip.
Very Happy

You guys (and gals?) have been cool about the atypical shadowrun theme here. Let's keep it going!
cheers
Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2011-03-07

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 8:02 am

Hey Jagger any chance i could get back into the get..I kinda change my min about it...so if you dont mind... Razz
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 7:32 am

I think we're good with the characters we have atm, Sly, but I'll keep you in mind if we need another. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 4:49 pm

So Jagger, I'm going through the books to come up with my christmas wish list for Demon Claus. Are you using any encumberance rules (or the optional ones from arsenal) for this game?
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 4:54 pm

Good question, Noug. As I am not familiar with the optional rule from Arsenal, I will have to read up and get back to you on that.
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 5:09 pm

for your convenience:

Tweaking Armor Encumbrance
As noted under Armor and Encumbrance, p. 149, SR4, whenever
a character’s Ballistic or Impact armor rating exceeds his Body x
2, the character risks a penalty for being overburdened. If you’re looking
for a game with less record-keeping and where characters can pile
on a bit more armor for survival purposes, try one of these options:

• Ignore armor encumbrance entirely if a character is simply wearing
a single armor item (even if that’s a full body armor suit). Only
apply encumbrance when a character is stacking armor or using a
lot of armor accessories (helmet, shield, forearm guards, etc.).

• Allow characters to buy customized armor that is specially-tailored
for their specifi c bodies (much like how military-grade
armor is fi t to each person). Custom-fi t armor could either
ignore encumbrance
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 5:17 pm

Ok, I thought that would take longer
Razz

Let's do this:
Since the premise of the game involves the direct risk of infection, as well as the need for good armor protection combined with maneuverability, I'm going to use the following optional rule from Arsenal.
* No encumbrance from worn armor (except in the case of multiple armor suits (ie, full body armor & an armor jacket & a lined coat, etc.) If you want to layer armor that way, you'll have to go by the Body x3 rule for encumbrance. The exception to this rule is SecureTech PPP components since they are designed to be worn with other armor anyway.

In addition, full body suits come with the Chemical Seal feature already incorporated into the suit's design.

As for weapons, I'm not going to nitpick what your characters can carry unless obviously overburdened (ie, grenade launcher & assault rifle & 15 grenades & 6 pistols & sniper rifle, etc.) As long as its reasonably feasible, I won't penalize you.
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 5:47 pm

Danke Herr Jagger
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 6:40 am

Ok, here's a little more info on the armory. There is an extensive assortment of gear available as well as armor and weapons. Also biotech, implants, and skillsofts.
Available implants will not include major cyberware items as the facilities as well as the time to surgically install them would be outside the scope of the game. However, small implants can be installed via an advanced nanotech system that would consist of a 'pill' or perhaps some other consumable that functions automatically once ingested.

Also, for you Hadenwolf, there are magical items available as well.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 2:14 pm

@Suspect
Nice job on your interaction with the suit!

@All
When everyone is finished with gearing up we'll continue to the next scene. Please post OOC so I'll know you're all ready.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 4:14 pm

I am ready to proceed. Jagger, you will have to excuse my lack of getting a formal gear list to you, a puppy has been eating up all my time.
Back to top Go down
Suspect
Runner
Runner

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2011-01-07

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 4:24 pm

All done
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 6:27 pm

Ok, gonna be some major changes in the game:
1) Hadenwolf has not posted up for weeks and now Suspect has dropped out. So, I will use Logan as an NPC and fade Gor out since he wasn't working out the way I intended anyway.
2) Since there are only two of us now, and we are both GMs, I'm going to let you (St Nougat) sort of GM Ronin yourself. I will still provide the basic storyline and set up the scenes, but I will supply you with enemy stats as well as other info so you can have a better grasp of what's going on and thereby compose more detailed and interactive posts. If the frequency of the posts is going to be drastically reduced (not complaining, just stating), then I'd like for both of us to use what game time we can commit to for more in-depth posts. I think this will add a higher level of teamwork to the game as well as fun (I hope!)
Razz

So, if the next few posts seem to stray from the storyline so far...just go with it!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 7:31 pm

Ok, last post was mostly 'mood-setting.' Its getting dark, you're in an unknown, albeit somewhat familiar, world, you don't know what you're supposed to be doing, no idea what enemies you might come up against, etc, etc.

Also, with the encroaching twilight, visibility is somewhat hampered as there is yet enough sunlight to interfere with low-light vision, but still enough darkening shadows to make normal vision insufficient in some areas.

You are welcome to post Ronin's reaction to the mood or I can move the scene a little further along.
Razz
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 12:09 am

ok so i made it took me all night on this old laptop but i did it posted wait now there is new stuff ill read that and edit
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 5:15 am

Ok, good stuff Ghost, thanks for posting up.
Now we'll let St Nougat have a chance to catch up.

@St Nougat
Just a note to remind you that if Ronin 'spots' the figure on the stairs, she'll only see the glimmering reflections of the rhuthenium polymers (like in the Predator movies.)
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 7:10 am

(baseball announcer voice)
"...and St Nougat drives one in low and inside...and the umpire totally misses the call! What is he, blind?! That was clearly strike three but it looks like Ghostmaker will get another shot at sneaking by. I don't know about you folks out there in Seattle land, but this game is starting to liven up!"
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 6:00 pm

@Ghostmaker
RPing the discussion and meeting the PCs is great, but let's not leave the building until St Nougat gets a chance to post up with us. I don't want to move too far without him.

Otherwise, great stuff!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 6:03 pm

i know i figured one of you would stop me lol
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 7:54 am

Ok, got a kind of side-scenario going with Logan just for dreks and giggles
Twisted Evil

Ghostmaker and St Nougat, you guys can RP the two of you getting to know each other however you like.

Scawire, you can either 'appear' from one of the rooms in the boarding house (it has three floors, so there are plenty of rooms you could be holed up in) or arrive there from wherever you've been, or wait and encounter the other three PCs along their way. Up to you.

Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 11:39 am

My phone was stolen today it had all my shadowrun source material this sucks so i will keep posting from the library but as i know most of you or all of you are GM's and will be watching for cheaters please understand if i miss some of the finer points tell me i will correct without argument thank you in advance for all help i stilll wanna play... arg! life as an adult sucks yeesh

Ghostmaker
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 1:09 pm

As you've probably noticed, Ghost, I'm not too anal about sticking to the 'rules' of dice rolling for everything. That said, I will let you know when I think dice are needed. Otherwise, RP away!
Very Happy

And sorry to hear about your phone, man, that drek sucks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Into Shadow OOC
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next